PDA

View Full Version : Help for FF virgin adult - explanation inside

Avii
05-18-2011, 02:32 AM
I am not entirely sure whether this is the right place to post this, so if it isn't tell me, but I have finally convinced my mom to give video games a chance (you may be asking "why?". I have my reasons). I decided to start her off with FFX, but have now realized that, as I should probably have expected, she kinda sucks.

That sounds harsh, but it is somewhat true.

Anyway, she likes it, but now I have to sit there and help her because she promptly forgets everything the tutorials tell her and has no concept of experienting, it seems.

So, my reason for posting is that I am asking for a list of tips for the newbie rpg player, FF specific or otherwise. Stuff like "Talk to EVERYONE!" and "Check what the item does before you use it".

If this already exists, please point me to it, but I've searched already and have come up empty.

Thanks in advance!

Carl the Llama
05-18-2011, 03:34 AM
Unfortunately experience in playing games can not be taught, though you could take over for her, play a little and let her learn while watching you play.

Failing that, point her in the direction of Youtube and suggest a few video's for her to watch, and most important of all... never ever snatch the controller away from her when she does something wrong, which of course she will, for it will turn her away from asking you to help/stop her from playing period.