PDA

View Full Version : Work?

Hollycat
05-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Where do you work, and what do you like and hate about your job.

I work at Mcdonalds, and I love almost every part except cleaning the fryer

DMKA
05-18-2011, 04:53 PM
I run a florist, and I hate almost every part except the occassional profit.

Shattered Dreamer
05-18-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm unemployed so I don't have a job, it's been a while too! Stupid recession!

Freya
05-18-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm currently at work :shifty: Bored out of my mind because it's a slow day.

By day I'm a secretary. By night I'ma store clerk at a convenient store and a Gamestop employee. And on Sundays I, as Bunny says, watch "Jesus Babies" at a church nursery. And occasionally I help cater for my old boss from the cafe that shut down that I was working at.

I hate The Store job cause I meet the most random creepers who say the most disgusting things to me that they think is a hit on but really makes me want to stab their eyes out. I get free soda though?

I hate gamestop because the guys are sexist there. Employees and customers alike. It's getting very disheartening. 15% discount but they give me very little hours so that sucks. I'm thinking about quitting.

My secretary job isn't bad at all. It's a real estate and auction company but we also sell other things. I get a percentage if I make a sale but the old stubborn people who come in drive me insane. Most of them are rude. I do get to watch netflix on occasion when it's really slow.

Jesus babies is pretty easy. I just watch them for an hour and get paid handsomely for it. :D Sometimes it's boring though.

The occasional catering job is fun cause I get to cook!

Most days i'm working for about 12 hrs straight with a lunch break and a break to get from one job to the other. Lovely, but hey, I got bills to pay.

Yar
05-18-2011, 05:51 PM
I am an intern at a Japanese company. I love this job. :D It pays really well, I don't have to do very hard work, and I love the people I work with. So much fun!!

I have a side-job tutoring English to two young Japanese boys. They are pretty awesome too, and it pays $80/wk so that makes it even more awesome. The only real hard part of the job is that their mom speaks no English, so I have to talk to her in Japanese quite a bit. She also asks me to translate some letters from the school for her. xD

Hollycat
05-18-2011, 05:53 PM
$80/ week,
thats not that much...

Freya
05-18-2011, 05:57 PM
It's a tutoring job HC, it's not like he's getting 30 hrs a week doing it. He gets probably like 2. That's like $40/hr. That's damn good.

Yar
05-18-2011, 05:59 PM
yeah for 4 hours of work a week $80 is awesome. Then I add the money I get from my internship and it's good money for someone in my situation. :D

Hollycat
05-18-2011, 06:05 PM
oh, I was expecting 2 hours a day

thats over twice what I make an hour

I Don't Need A Name
05-18-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm a checkout operator at Morrisons. It's a damn dull job, but I'm not really complaining at £6.26 an hour. Not bad for part time work :]

sharkythesharkdogg
05-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Right now I'm an auto technician and the shop manager at our family garage. The pay isn't super because the business is just barely a year old and we're still building clientele.

I enjoy the work as a hobby, so I hope not to have to do it too much longer as a full time job. It will kill the joy of it. The most I want to do is help run the shop part time, and do paper work.

I'm going to school again, and will probably wind up in Biology unless I can find a school that takes my meteorology credits. Then obviously it's weather.

Shlup
05-18-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm at home most days, but I'm a substitute teacher when I get a call. Though the school year ends in a couple of weeks.

I don't really like subbing, but it's at least easy (stressful, but easy) and I don't have to do it very often.

Bunny
05-18-2011, 07:27 PM
I am an International Super Spy working for a Secret Government-Affiliated Organization called SEPA. I can't tell you what it stands for because that is one of the bigger secrets. I enjoy my work because it allows me to travel and the pay isn't too bad. I also get to workout frequently as part of the job and my assignments are always fairly challenging. There are certain things I do not like about my job, like coming close to death every other day and the health benefits are kinda lackluster, but the opportunities more than make up for both of those downsides.

I thought about retiring a few months back but my bosses sent me to see a doctor and now I couldn't be happier.

Shoeberto
05-18-2011, 07:35 PM
I donate plasma and sperm to pay for most of my habits. Between that and leeching off my parents, I live somewhat pleasantly. I have enough for two Colt 45s to get me through each night along with my meals of economy hot dogs and off-brand ramen.

Life ain't too bad.

Shaibana
05-18-2011, 07:57 PM
:3 i almost worked at Mcdonalds xD

i dont work.. caus i rlly dont feel like that after school etc.
But whenever i have a free week i (almost standart) work @ my internship on wednesday and thursday. At a ...dont know the official name in english :o .. but its a pig-farm :) where they breed pigs. (they dont 'raise' them for the slaughter)

I just love the work in general.. and the people there are verry nice :)

what i dont like is when i have to inject a whole 'stable'..
300 x 6 kilo piglets that u all have to pick up at 30 degrees celcius >.<
luckely i never really have to rush :)

Hollycat
05-18-2011, 08:03 PM
I am an International Super Spy working for a Secret Government-Affiliated Organization called SEPA. I can't tell you what it stands for because that is one of the bigger secrets. I enjoy my work because it allows me to travel and the pay isn't too bad. I also get to workout frequently as part of the job and my assignments are always fairly challenging. There are certain things I do not like about my job, like coming close to death every other day and the health benefits are kinda lackluster, but the opportunities more than make up for both of those downsides.

I thought about retiring a few months back but my bosses sent me to see a doctor and now I couldn't be happier.

You are a member of SEPA!?!??!?!
I am a member of TYPA!
WE ARE MORTAL ENEMIES

qwertysaur
05-18-2011, 08:04 PM
I tutor math occasionally, and I'm applying for a couple summer jobs before school starts again in August. :p

I love tutoring. I get $20-25 an hour and I have a lot of fun with it. Even once I start teaching in a classroom I'll still probably do tutoring as a side job, because it's so much fun and it's easy work for very good pay. :D

Rantz
05-18-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm a system developer in title, which in my case involves web design and development.

I love the flexibility of being able to work pretty much whenever I want to as long as the hours add up. I only take half of my lunch break every day, which adds up to a lot of time I can use for sleeping in when I'm super tired or going home early or whatever. I like that I get to work with both design and programming, as it's nice to be able to switch between different types of tasks when one seems too daunting or boring. I dislike that it leans more heavily towards the programming side, as I'd rather focus on design and have programming more as a complement instead. I hate... actually, I shouldn't proceed with that sentence.

DMKA
05-18-2011, 08:48 PM
I hate... actually, I shouldn't proceed with that sentence.

Why not? This isn't Facebook.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-18-2011, 09:15 PM
I hate... actually, I shouldn't proceed with that sentence.

Why not? This isn't Facebook.

Maybe, but I'd sell him out in a heartbeat. Just 'cause.

Peegee
05-18-2011, 09:17 PM
I tutor math occasionally, and I'm applying for a couple summer jobs before school starts again in August. :p

I love tutoring. I get $20-25 an hour and I have a lot of fun with it. Even once I start teaching in a classroom I'll still probably do tutoring as a side job, because it's so much fun and it's easy work for very good pay. :D

What can i learn in an hour? *ponders*

Would you charge 25$ for math theory?

Rantz
05-18-2011, 09:35 PM
It's still a public place that anyone who was looking hard enough could connect to me. ;] Granted, the risk is pretty small but so is my personal interest in saying plainly what I'm sure you can guess anyway. I'm not taking my chances :p

NorthernChaosGod
05-18-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm mooching money off the Government! :monster:

escobert
05-18-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm a carpenter.
I hate everything.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Jesus was the son of a carpenter.
He loved everything.

escobert
05-19-2011, 12:38 AM
Well, when I have a son maybe he too will love everything!

Bunny
05-19-2011, 12:43 AM
I've been looking for someone to die for my sins.

fire_of_avalon
05-19-2011, 01:24 AM
I work in Human Resources.

I like being a know it all. I like hiring people. I like making people happy. I like planning parties.

I dislike being everyone's crutch and/or bitch.

Rocket Edge
05-19-2011, 02:25 AM
I work with my dad on weekend's as a teleporter driver. I hate it, and he knows it more than anyone!

sharkythesharkdogg
05-19-2011, 03:06 AM
I've been looking for someone to die for my sins.

I could maybe fit you in part time, but I'm already dying on the weekends so this one guy can do heroin guilt free.

And FOA, I couldn't do human resources. I'd choke people with my shoe strings.

Jiro
05-19-2011, 03:34 AM
I work at Mcdonalds, and I love almost every part except cleaning the fryer
How's the pickle jar treating you?

I work for a small local paper. I love that I look like I'm getting experienced despite not having done anything for almost a year. I hate that I don't get paid to do that.

I also work as an ambassador for USC. I love a lot about the job; my bosses are awesome and so are my colleagues. The things we do are pretty fun as well. I hate that I'm going to have to learn a half-hour presentation by heart and then present it. I would prefer to just do Q&A sessions etc.

Shiny
05-19-2011, 07:17 AM
I work at an independent film production company. I do various things. The thing I hate doing is writing out dialogue scripts of completed films for subtitles and dubbing. Due to the fact that I have to write out a time stamp for each line a character speaks it tends to be tedious and cumbersome. I like everything else about it, but I will probably be working some where else in the Fall.

G13
05-19-2011, 07:41 AM
As of right now I help my mother take care of my grandmother, who has dementia. Lately it's getting a little tougher to give her the care she needs so I'm looking for a good job so we can put her in a home, but my work history is crap and employers look right past me when they see that.

Jiro
05-19-2011, 08:29 AM
As of right now I help my mother take care of my grandmother, who has dementia. Lately it's getting a little tougher to give her the care she needs so I'm looking for a good job so we can put her in a home, but my work history is crap and employers look right past me when they see that.

Surely you could say that you've been working as a carer? It's true, even if you weren't being paid for it.

Loony BoB
05-19-2011, 11:01 AM
I work in an IT company called Computacenter.

I like my job because the people are great and it pays the bills.
I don't like my job because there is no career progression.

Old Manus
05-19-2011, 12:45 PM
I start work for a software development company in Cardiff in a few weeks. It means I can still go to see the Swans on saturdays after their inevitable return to the Premiership!

Levian
05-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I work as a receptionist in a hotel.
I like speaking with tourists and organizing bookings.
I don't like onions.

NorthernChaosGod
05-19-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't like onions.

:colbert:

Miriel
05-19-2011, 07:39 PM
I don't like onions.

D:

*negative rep*

~*~Celes~*~
05-19-2011, 08:05 PM
I work at my local supermarket as a "specialty clerk" as they call me. I'm trained in both the deli and the bakery. about 36 1/2 hours a week is my average, at $7.80/hour. Not bad for part time. I have a feeling they'll be upping me to full time really soon though, due to us being understaffed.

Rye
05-23-2011, 02:56 AM
My job is mind-numbing and I'm paid rather low, considering it's an office job. Still though, it gets me by and my hours are reasonable. I'll probably stick with it until I graduate in about a year.

fire_of_avalon
05-23-2011, 05:30 AM
I don't like onions.

D:

*negative rep*
Don't you even think about it, he's right to dislike them. Awful bulby things.

NorthernChaosGod
05-23-2011, 06:20 AM
You're an awful bulby thing. :colbert:

black orb
05-23-2011, 06:28 AM
>>> I dont work, LOL..:luca:

escobert
05-23-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't like onions.

D:

*negative rep*

foa and levian are always right!

Jessweeee♪
05-24-2011, 01:25 AM
Onions are great though, so clearly they're wrong this time!

NorthernChaosGod
05-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Onions are great though, so clearly they're wrong this time!

Yeah! Onions rule.

escobert
05-24-2011, 02:14 AM
onions ruin everything they are in except Frenchonion soup and onion rings.

NorthernChaosGod
05-24-2011, 02:24 AM
You people have atrocious taste.

Jiro
05-24-2011, 03:09 AM
I, for one, am down with the onions. I once ate a raw onion at the same time as my friend was eating the same raw onion. Good times.

NorthernChaosGod
05-24-2011, 03:22 AM
Did you guys kiss like the dogs in Lady and the Tramp?

Jiro
05-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Yeah, just like that. Except all oniony.

NorthernChaosGod
05-24-2011, 08:24 PM
That's hot, I'd watch that kiss.

Jiro
05-25-2011, 04:31 AM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd61/Seiken_Bushido/Personal/BreePhoto070-1.jpg

Jentleness
05-25-2011, 05:06 AM
I work in the Payroll Department for the local school district. You would think this would make me everyone's best friend, but it is quite apparent that the employees of this district have never heard the saying, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you...". Anyway, the job itself (calculating pay, record keeping, analysis, auditing, etc.) I love, the customer service aspect, I could do without. When someone calls and leaves a message for me to call them back, I never have to ask the message taker what they wanted, because I know what they want, they want more pay!

Peegee
05-25-2011, 05:55 AM
I work at an independent film production company. I do various things. The thing I hate doing is writing out dialogue scripts of completed films for subtitles and dubbing. Due to the fact that I have to write out a time stamp for each line a character speaks it tends to be tedious and cumbersome. I like everything else about it, but I will probably be working some where else in the Fall.

i dunno how you do it but most programs i use to make subs can figure out the audio timing by software. as for the script, usually the script already has a soft copy you can use, right?

or am i completely off and you have to do the timing and the script? bc i would go crazy.

anyway it takes me about 30 minutes to do a 2 hour script, but i take a lot of shortcuts, and i rip the subtitles from the dvd stream.

Miriel
05-25-2011, 09:04 AM
I don't like onions.

D:

*negative rep*

foa and levian are always right!

All three, dis-invited to the dinner party!

Mo-Nercy
05-25-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm in the social service industry as a childrens contact worker. I basically supervise kids visiting their parents after the state's had them removed from their care.

I'm looking to move into case work and/or social work in the future, but it's tough to get those jobs straight out of uni because employers are reluctant to hire newbies since we're dealing with people's emotional wellbeing and whatnot, unless their university placement experience was super fulfilling.

Short version - I drive kids around and watch them play.

Jiro
05-25-2011, 02:55 PM
The long version makes you sound like a great person, the short makes you sound creepy. Just sayin'

Hollycat
05-25-2011, 03:28 PM
I hate onions. Great job creeping me out MO

Slothy
05-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Short version - I drive kids around and watch them play.

Awesome.

I work at an accounting firm, doing company audits, tax returns, financial statements, that sort of thing. I like it because the people I work with are mostly pretty cool. I hate it because, well, I just don't enjoy accounting anymore. I've been doing pretty much the same job for about 3-4 of the last 6 years of my life and don't find it the least bit fulfilling. I used to enjoy the challenge and how every file was like a puzzle to figure out but that stopped holding my interest a while ago now.

Citizen Bleys
05-25-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm a professional bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: artist

DMKA
05-27-2011, 12:42 AM
You know who else hated onions?

Hitler.

escobert
05-27-2011, 03:17 AM
He wad a smart man :monster: