PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on Alcoholics Anonymous

Yar
05-20-2011, 03:37 AM
I love alcohol. :love:

Usually I can't stand beer. Beer is just.... :( There are some kinds I can drink, like Heiney and Beck's. They don't taste godly amazing, but to me they're drinkable. I don't drink beer typically; it tastes bad, and if I'm drinking booze I'm trying to get drunk. If I want to be "social" I can drink something non-alcoholic.

I usually stick with liquor. Vodka <3 Rum too. Yummm. I lovelovelove sake. If it's a good brand, it goes down smoothly and leaves a warm tingly feeling. It's nice if you've heated it up too. :love: Last night I heard about tamagozake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamagozake), and I'm intrigued and I want to try it now.

Alcohol preferences, please!

qwertysaur
05-20-2011, 03:45 AM
I dislike beer as well.

I like wine, we had some at Passover this year and it was very good, so I got a bit drunk off of it. :p Blueberry wine is great. Sake is wonderful.

Freya
05-20-2011, 03:47 AM
I like vodka, Malibu rum, urm schnapps.

That stuff Mio, if you put it in corona it's freaking amazing. I love Mike's hard stuff.

Jiro
05-20-2011, 03:54 AM
I'm Australian.

G13
05-20-2011, 04:03 AM
Whiskey.

I've never had a beer that I liked. If I'm trying to get drunk I drink whiskey or vodka. If I'm really trying to get drunk I drink whatever's given to me though.

I Took the Red Pill
05-20-2011, 04:13 AM
Rum is my spirit of choice.

As for beer, I really enjoy things like Blue Moon and Saranac Pale Ale. Nice, tasty brews.

DMKA
05-20-2011, 04:27 AM
I'm Australian.

So then...you like Foster's?

I hate beer, and just about any dark liquor. Eck. I like vodka or rum mixed with just about anything. And Jagermeister, mmm. And Absynthe mmm.

When I'm feeling exceptionally faggy I love Apple/Pomegranate Martinis. And jello shots. :spin:

NorthernChaosGod
05-20-2011, 04:36 AM
Rum is my spirit of choice.

As for beer, I really enjoy things like Blue Moon and Saranac Pale Ale. Nice, tasty brews.

It would seem there's been only one man in the thread so far.

I can pretty much down anything if it's available, but I would prefer a nice dark beer or some nice Scotch.

Bunny
05-20-2011, 04:39 AM
Vodka and gin, please.

A vodka distillery just started up in my town not too long ago and they have a pretty decent product. They're trying to put out a gin as well, but they're going to do a vanilla infused vodka first. It's pretty nice. And amusing, considering my town is heavily conservative and heavily supportive of prohibition.

I don't like beer, though I can drink it if I have the mind to. Beer pong is still fun.

Shlup
05-20-2011, 04:57 AM
I drank too much cheap beer in high school, so now I can't stand beer. It reminds me of being sixteen and hanging out in a park or drainage ditch with a bunch of crusty punk kids in the dark. And peein on BBQs and getting grill marks on my butt.

I like things mixed with 7up or cranberry juice, or Midori. Or a bottle of wine. Regardless, I only drink alcohol a couple of times a year. And then I wake up feeling like crap and remember why I usually smoke fancy plants instead.

nik0tine
05-20-2011, 06:24 AM
Sapporo!

Regardless, I only drink alcohol a couple of times a year. And then I wake up feeling like crap and remember why I usually smoke fancy plants instead.qft!

NorthernChaosGod
05-20-2011, 06:40 AM
I drank too much cheap beer in high school, so now I can't stand beer. It reminds me of being sixteen and hanging out in a park or drainage ditch with a bunch of crusty punk kids in the dark. And peein on BBQs and getting grill marks on my butt.

I like things mixed with 7up or cranberry juice, or Midori. Or a bottle of wine. Regardless, I only drink alcohol a couple of times a year. And then I wake up feeling like crap and remember why I usually smoke fancy plants instead.
According to studies (http://www.unt.edu/rss/class/mike/5700/eyecoloralcohol.pdf), people with lighter eyes have better alcohol tolerance. You shame your white brethren... sistren?

Shlup
05-20-2011, 06:44 AM
My eyes are not white.

NorthernChaosGod
05-20-2011, 07:41 AM
They are blue, aren't they? And you're white.

Citizen Bleys
05-20-2011, 08:32 AM
There are some kinds I can drink, like Heiney and Beck's.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: They make Heineken by wringing the ball sweat out of an ogre's loincloth.

My beer of choice is Alexander Keith's, and for hard liquor it depends on if it's going to be mixed or not. Whisky is my drink of choice if I'm taking it neat; if it's going to be mixed, it's whisky sours or gin and tonic (the latter being a recently acquired taste) depending on my mood.

Shiny
05-20-2011, 09:05 AM
I'm not crazy about alcohol and not keen on getting drunk, so I don't get drunk. When it's free and I feel like it, I'll have red wine or vodka with some fruity juice.

It is well known that I do not like beer. Whoever invented that, I want to punch them in their throat (politely).

Wolf Kanno
05-20-2011, 10:28 AM
I like beer, but I'm really picky, preferring to avoid anything that tastes like its close to water, taste like fruit, or tastes like it hasn't been properly removed from the hops that made it. I prefer dark beers mostly in that department.

My alcohol of choice though, is vodka and red wines. I also enjoy whiskey. I hate Jager and Rum, and I still feel that alcohol should not be naturally sweet. Its fine when its mixed with something that is sweet but not when its on its own. Yuck...

When I was a server, I made it a kind of odd tradition to have a Screwdriver after work, cause its how I usually felt after a long day of dealing with the human race. :eep:

Shauna
05-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Urgh, beer is the most foul of alcoholic drinks. :P I am more a southern comfort, morgan's spiced and bacardi kind of person. :3

theundeadhero
05-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Sailor Jerry's or Captain Morgan's rum. I also drink a lot of Jack Daniels too. If I'm feeling like it I'll shoot tequila. When it comes to beer I'll take a good German brew. I can't stand American pisswater anymore.

Shattered Dreamer
05-20-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm Irish so as you can imagine, I love booze :p No really this is one stereotype that at least of me is true. Used to drink beer a lot but recently I've switched to vodka because all the additives & chemicals in the beer wasn't agreeing with my stomach :( Although the vodka has turned me into a drunken disaster area when I drink, not in the falling down getting sick kind of disaster area but the likely to partake in "devilment" kind :lol:

Loony BoB
05-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Southern Comfort with lemonade or nothing at all, thanks.

NorthernChaosGod
05-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Urgh, beer is the most foul of alcoholic drinks. :P I am more a southern comfort, morgan's spiced and bacardi kind of person. :3

But cheap liquor is fine? :confused:

I seriously don't get this sentiment.

rubah
05-20-2011, 04:48 PM
my last couple of wonderful nights have gone like this:

long island iced tea:D:D -> blue moon:colbert: -> raspberry schnapps + raspberry vodka:D:D:D

raspberry schnapps + vanilla vodka:colbert: -> boulevard:colbert: -> blueberry pancake batter shot :D:D:D -> some sort of cider:doublecolbert:

Shauna
05-20-2011, 05:33 PM

But cheap liquor is fine? :confused:

I seriously don't get this sentiment.

Not enjoying the taste of beer or anything beer-like (ales, etc.) makes everything make sense. I genuinely do not like beer at all. Not even if I have drunk myself into a stupor, will I touch the stuff. :3
Also SoCo is hardly cheap. :3 If I had said vodka, then maybe I would have understood that sentiment, but most vodka also tastes disgusting and I avoid drinking it if I can.

rubah's post reminded me that if I can, I will go for some cocktails. Best of drinks, can't go wrong with a cocktail. xD

NorthernChaosGod
05-20-2011, 06:11 PM
SoCo is like $20 for a handle, that's pretty cheap. :p And vodka typically has a neutral flavor, it should be the most palatable liquor there is.

Shauna
05-20-2011, 06:40 PM
When I buy a bottle of SoCo I'm splashing out. It's like £20 for 700ml. I can get cheaper litre bottles of alcohol, there are less expensive ways to drink liquor. :P I have been told that good vodka doesn't taste of much. :3 Considering that I find £20 expensive (Living, y u no cheap?!), you can probably imagine the cheaper stuff that I inevitably end up drinking is probably 90% paint thinner and doesn't taste much better than that.

It is my only regret about disliking the taste of beer and cider, I will inevitably spend more money than people who do. :(

Shlup
05-20-2011, 07:27 PM
They are blue, aren't they? And you're white.

That's true; however, the study is still stupid.

Crop
05-20-2011, 08:06 PM
I pretty much only drink beer, as in, lager. I once got totally smashed on Whiskey when I was younger and now I can't really drink it unless it's just one glass every now and then.

I usually buy a couple of beers when I'm watching sport, and I don't get drunk as much as I used to either. Other than that I literally take no other drug apart from my Vitamin C in the mornings. Life is grand.

Loony BoB
05-20-2011, 08:31 PM
SoCo is like $20 for a handle, that's pretty cheap. :p
What are you comparing the price of SoCo to in order to say it's cheap? How much does alcohol cost where you live? =o

Shlup
05-20-2011, 08:54 PM
If I can't get inebriated on less than $5 it ain't worth it.

Raistlin
05-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Vodka and beer. I like mid-range, lager-type beers the most. My favorite drink overall would probably have to be vodka and tonic.

The internet tells me that a handle of SoCo is ~$25. Which is pretty cheap (a handle of mid-range vodka would be $30+).

And 20 quid for just 700 ml??? Oh you Europeans and your crazy prices.

Cuchulainn
05-20-2011, 09:05 PM
My Da used to drink Jamesons or Bushmills straight or with a drop of water. That's hardcore. I can only do that when I'm already pissed.

I feel my presence in this thread is a bit on the nose...

NorthernChaosGod
05-20-2011, 09:06 PM
SoCo is like $20 for a handle, that's pretty cheap. :p
What are you comparing the price of SoCo to in order to say it's cheap? How much does alcohol cost where you live? =o

How much do you pay for 1.75 liters of liquor? o_O I spend about as much for 750mL of Johnnie Walker as the handle of SoCo.

Vodka and beer. I like mid-range, lager-type beers the most. My favorite drink overall would probably have to be vodka and tonic.

The internet tells me that a handle of SoCo is ~$25. Which is pretty cheap (a handle of mid-range vodka would be $30+).

And 20 quid for just 700 ml??? Oh you Europeans and your crazy prices.

Wes knows what's up. When I actually get vodka it's definitely at least $30 for a handle.

rubah
05-20-2011, 09:31 PM
ĦĦalert alert alcohol snobs detected!!

Loony BoB
05-20-2011, 09:43 PM
How much do you pay for 1.75 liters of liquor? o_O I spend about as much for 750mL of Johnnie Walker as the handle of SoCo.
Johnnie Walker costs the same as Southern Comfort here. Sometimes cheaper! :) Although Southern Comfort is better as far as I'm concerned because it actually tastes nice. :) I don't know what you mean by 'handle'...

fire_of_avalon
05-20-2011, 09:45 PM
According to studies (http://www.unt.edu/rss/class/mike/5700/eyecoloralcohol.pdf), people with lighter eyes have better alcohol tolerance. You shame your white brethren... sistren?

My eyes are this color:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/MeganTheFeisty/EyeEoFF.jpg
I am ready to party!

NorthernChaosGod
05-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Johnnie Walker costs the same as Southern Comfort here. Sometimes cheaper! :) Although Southern Comfort is better as far as I'm concerned because it actually tastes nice. :) I don't know what you mean by 'handle'...
A handle is the name for a 1.75 liter bottle of liquor because they typically have handles on them, but not always.

Where do you live? Maybe they're both imported for you. >:[

Loony BoB
05-20-2011, 10:16 PM
...Scotland. xD If I felt like it, I could visit JW next time I visited Danielle's folks in Kilmarnock. xD

Shiny
05-20-2011, 11:55 PM
my last couple of wonderful nights have gone like this:

long island iced tea:D:D -> blue moon:colbert: -> raspberry schnapps + raspberry vodka:D:D:D

raspberry schnapps + vanilla vodka:colbert: -> boulevard:colbert: -> blueberry pancake batter shot :D:D:D -> some sort of cider:doublecolbert:

That sounds delicious!

NorthernChaosGod
05-21-2011, 12:41 AM
...Scotland. xD If I felt like it, I could visit JW next time I visited Danielle's folks in Kilmarnock. xD

That explains it! :colbert: So... how much is a bottle of Blue Label over there?

Loony BoB
05-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Over £130.

Drink in Scotland is constantly upped in tax because of the binge drinking culture combined with the knowledge that no matter how much they tax drink, people will still buy it because generally speaking, British people drink whenever they do pretty much anything. =P

Citizen Bleys
05-21-2011, 08:48 AM
ĦĦalert alert alcohol snobs detected!!

Indeed. We are the few. The strong. The...Inebriati.

Jiro
05-21-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm Australian.

Ugh. I'm not that stereotypical. I just like to drink booze. Beer is not my favourite thing at all but there are some I can stand. Problem is that we don't get a lot of foreign (read: good) beer here. Most of it tastes like drain water.

NorthernChaosGod
05-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Over £130.

Drink in Scotland is constantly upped in tax because of the binge drinking culture combined with the knowledge that no matter how much they tax drink, people will still buy it because generally speaking, British people drink whenever they do pretty much anything. =P
That's hardly any cheaper than getting it here. =\

Citizen Bleys
05-21-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm Australian.

Ugh. I'm not that stereotypical. I just like to drink booze. Beer is not my favourite thing at all but there are some I can stand. Problem is that we don't get a lot of foreign (read: good) beer here. Most of it tastes like drain water.

Actually, the stereotype I hear is that real Australians hate Foster's and mock foreigners for drinking it.

NorthernChaosGod
05-21-2011, 09:20 AM
I hear Australians get a different Foster's.

Citizen Bleys
05-21-2011, 09:24 AM
They do, and it's reportedly horsepiss.

Jiro
05-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Now that I think about it, I don't know anybody that actually drinks Fosters. It probably is horsepiss too man.

Pheesh
05-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I haven't seen fosters on tap in.... ever :/

I'm getting drunk as we speak. I'm drinking Mescal, if I get super sloshed I'll eat one of the worms sitting at the bottom of the bottle.

Yar
05-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Someone got into the amaretto tonihgt~ :D

>implying me

NorthernChaosGod
05-22-2011, 12:59 PM
I went against my taste and had a bunch of Smirnoff. But I'm happy because I got to drink and talk to girls.

Mo-Nercy
05-22-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm getting more into wines these days, because some of the cheaper ones can actually taste pretty good. Mostly whites though. I'm far too messy of an eater and drinker to risk reds xD. I like to split a bottle with missus at a nice restaurant from time to time (usually an 80:20 split, I must admit).

The rest of the time - beer for me. Heineken, Peroni, Corona, Kilkenny and just about any Aussie beer on tap besides Victoria Bitter suits me...

I'm Australian.
Besides that. Fosters is probably the worst beer I've ever had.

NorthernChaosGod
05-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Lol. Is Foster's really that bad? I'm kind of intrigued.

Citizen Bleys
05-22-2011, 11:34 PM
I can't imagine it being worse than Molson Canadian.

Shorty
05-23-2011, 02:26 AM
Everyone who didn't list gin is wrong. Bunny and I are the only awesome ones here.

Rye
05-23-2011, 02:37 AM
I adore various vodkas, flavored sake, plum wine, patron (I'm so G), midori, and alcoholic cider.

Gin and Tonic is good, but is never my first choice. I like Captain Morgan and similar rums decently well. I hate brandy with a passion.

I really dislike the vast majority of beers. The only beer that I've liked is this one blueberry beer I had ages ago and UFO Raspberry beer.

The other night I went to a really funky cajun style restaurant with my loves where I was served these delicious firefly vodka (iced tea flavor vodka - it's one of my favorites!) and lemonade cocktails in a cute little water jar. We spent a classy night of walking around drunk and traipsing into a Wal*Mart at 11:30 at night to find a record player, but I digress.

NorthernChaosGod
05-23-2011, 06:16 AM
Everyone who didn't list gin is wrong. Bunny and I are the only awesome ones here.

No. :twak:

Jiro
05-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Don't argue Julian, you know she's right.

NorthernChaosGod
05-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Don't pretend like she's Snoop Dogg.

Jiro
05-23-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm not willing to risk it.

Bunny
05-23-2011, 10:04 AM

Go drink a heiney.

Pheesh
05-23-2011, 11:49 AM

Yessum, Gin is my alcohol of choice... aside from maybe tequila but that's only for when I want to get trashed.

Old Manus
05-23-2011, 03:40 PM
If I'm drinking lager, it's usually whatever's cheapest, which is usually Holsten Vier or Carlsberg. Tuborg is alright. Carling and Foster's are cheap, and taste cheap. My favourite lager is Heineken, but it's pretty expensive. As for ciders, usually whatever is on tap (often Thatcher's). Strongbow is a fucking horrendous cocktail of unholy darkness that doesn't even taste like cider anyway.

On the whole, I'm a real ale man. If you've heard of it, I've probably tried it. British stuff, anyway.

God Tier:
Hobgoblin
Caledonian Raspberry Fool
Spitfire
Humdinger

High Tier:
Abbot Ale
Old Speckled Hen
Brains SA Smooth
Ruddles Best (NOT Ruddles County)

Mid Tier:
Ruddles County
Abott Reserve
Most beers from Bullmastiff brewery
Golden Champion
Bishop's Finger

Low Tier:
Felinfoel Best
Wychwood Scarecrow (Hobgoblin is so good that everything else they make is subpar)

Titanic Tier:
Anything by Titanic Brewery (apart from Velvet Curtain) is, in my experience, utter hog :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

I don't really drink spirits.

Citizen Bleys
05-23-2011, 04:08 PM

Hey fuck you I listed gin.

Low Tier:
Felinfoel Best
Wychwood Scarecrow (Hobgoblin is so good that everything else they make is subpar)

Don't forget Fehlerbrauerei Kugelschweiss.

Shorty
05-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Sorry Bleys, I didn't see that <3 I recall now that you listing gin in a previous alcohol thread.

Also, I've always been a Sailor Jerry's rum girl, but I think I found my new favorite rum.

http://www.bilgemunky.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/kraken_rum_review.jpg

NorthernChaosGod
05-23-2011, 07:39 PM

Go drink a heiney.
Heineken isn't dark.

Breine
05-23-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm Danish. I'll drink whatever's around. Like, seriously. I suppose it's some kind of viking thing or whatever.

Of course I have preferences, though. I adore wine - especially red. I also dig beer (and I drink lots of it!), and all kinds og different spirits/liquors/shots. I like drinks and cider too, although I don't drink them that often.

But yeah, you can send almost anything my way and I'll be a happy panda.

Madame Adequate
05-28-2011, 06:57 PM
God Tier:
Hobgoblin

That is how I roll too, Hobgoblin is ethereal tier.

Mostly though I just drink Tyskie or wifebeater, because I am poor and they are cheap. The Polish stuff is a pretty good balance between cost and quality to be fair.

Pike
05-28-2011, 08:03 PM
I have never had alcohol :o

I figure Mr. MILF can be the first to see a drunk Pike, after which I'm sure he'll take advantage of said drunk Pike. Such a terribly naughty chap, he is~!

Shlup
05-28-2011, 09:16 PM
I drank booze last night.

I hate booze. Screw booze.

NorthernChaosGod
05-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Screw you.

I drank at the beach and then at a bar last night and it was glorious.

Jojee
06-01-2011, 09:45 AM
I love beer. Blue Moon if you want a generic, tasty beer that's everywhere. Shock Tops are pretty much exactly like it but cheaper so I approve of that too. Tuchers are so good... I like it better than Blue Moon. Any hefeweizen is usually pretty good, although I'm definitely partial to Weihenstephaner. Unibroue's La Fin Du Monde is also one of my favs. Jan De Lichte is my latest find and I approve. Not a huge fan of hops or stouts... and I don't like malty beers. I like to stick to the wheats and belgians mostly, although some rye beers are good. I won't say no to some PBR or Coors Light either when I'm broke.

For liquor, vodka and rum. Especially for vodka, you can really taste the difference in quality though. I used to buy bottom shelf vodka a few years back and I can't do that anymore. Kahlua, Bailey's, Frangelico, peach schnapps, Malibu, and pretty much any liquer all have my stamp of approval. :)

Oh, and wines. I prefer light and sweeter whites. Moscato is my fav, although there's a winery in Southern Illinois that makes a great sweet white - check out Alto Vineyard's Shawnee Gold sometime.

Mirage
06-01-2011, 01:11 PM
I can't stand beer either, but there are tons of other, stronger alcoholic drinks that I like a lot.

Apparently, people think it's strange that i say no thanks when offered a beer, then seconds later shot a glass of absinthe.

Peegee
06-01-2011, 06:21 PM
wtf kind of beer did you just say yarbles?

go try some india pale ale; you may enjoy that.

I highly prefer rum and diet coke. Drink that like water.

Ouch!
06-02-2011, 02:24 AM
Gin, whiskey, and scotch.

I will also drink rum or vodka when the above are not available (frequently at the homes of others because my friends are apparently a bunch of uncultured bitches).

I'm not very picky when it comes to liquor, though. There's not much that I absolutely won't drink. I don't think I could ever do Kao Liang again. Fucking Taiwanese hobo juice; it went down like fire and death and felt that way until I washed the godawful flavor from my mouth with Hendrick's.

As for beer, the darker the better. I prefer a good stout to anything. Lagers are piss water.

Alive-Cat
06-03-2011, 09:58 AM
I have recently discovered Tyskie; a beer of Polish origin. For me, now, it beats all other beers. Also it is six for £6 in my local corner shop.

Best enjoyed in this state; let yourself get quite thirsty, then open a cold one. It is like the honey of the Gods pouring into your mouth.