PDA

View Full Version : Foodie TV

Yar
05-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Food TV shows!

I like watching Hell's Kitchen. Sometimes it can be a bit... out there... But I watch it 'cuz I love Gordon Ramsay and I love when he calls people donkeys and cows and other farm animals.

And I like Iron Chef because it's so over the top. :D hahaha

Miriel
05-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Top Chef is the best food show, hands down. No other show comes close.

Also enjoy America's Test Kitchen for good science-y cooking information. Anthony Bourdain's No Reservation for more travel+food stuff. Also like the British version of Kitchen Nightmares which is more substance and less flash than the American version. Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives is kinda my guilty pleasure and I'm also really diggin' Best Thing I Ever Ate.

I'll also sometimes watch Barefoot Contessa and Everyday Italian, both have really great food photography. Great eye candy.

Freya
05-20-2011, 05:19 PM
YOU DONKEY! I only watch them when i'm at work and it's slow and they are on.

Bunny
05-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, as well as Guy's Big Bite because Guy Fieri is immensely enjoyable to watch. Good Eats because Alton Brown is also enjoyable to watch. I sometimes catch Best Thing I Ever Ate.

I mainly only watch Food Network when my girlfriend is watching it (which is about the only thing she actually watches) and I am bored.

Shlup
05-20-2011, 08:03 PM
The only food show I am really into (and BJ is too) is No Reservations. Anthony Bourdain is such a douchey hipster and we loves him.

Depression Moon
05-21-2011, 01:55 AM
I'm all about that Man vs Food, DDD, Emeril Live, Unwrapped, Secret Life of.

Jiro
05-21-2011, 09:55 AM
The real IronChef is fantastic, I don't like the knockoff version.

Yar
05-21-2011, 06:53 PM
The real version is kind of weird. Every episode I've seen is half dubbed, half subbed. Liek wtf

Mo-Nercy
05-22-2011, 04:12 PM
The original Japanese Iron Chef is awesome. I love watching re-runs of that. The Australian version of MasterChef isn't too bad - the judges steal the show and are more interesting than the contestants really.

As for actual cooking shows where I can learn how to cook stuff, Jamie's Thirty Minute Meals is pretty good.

Jessweeee♪
05-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Cupcake Wars :stare:

Shoeberto
05-22-2011, 09:31 PM
The only food show I am really into (and BJ is too) is No Reservations. Anthony Bourdain is such a douchey hipster and we loves him.
I think a lot of people are turned off by him, but I love him too. He can be a dick but you can see how he has a real, deep love for experiencing different cultures.

I'll admit that I find stuff like Man vs. Food and Diners, Drive-ins and Dives to be some guilty pleasures. But it's also something my whole family can agree upon whenever they're on.

fire_of_avalon
05-26-2011, 05:24 PM
I really can't figure out why I love it, but I live for Man vs. Food and think Adam Richman is adorable. Even though it is completely, morally awful to me to engage in that kind of gluttony for funsies when people are starving to death all over the planet, I still love it.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-04-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm not too big on foodie tv, but someone just showed me this and I love it. I don't know why I think it's so funny, it just is.

My Drunk Kitchen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLYxeJjxc8s&feature=relmfu)

escobert
06-05-2011, 01:29 AM
I like Top Chef and all the Gordan Ramsey shows.

Rostum
06-05-2011, 01:31 AM
I enjoyed the first season of MasterChief, but I haven't watched it this year. I also like most of what Jamie Oliver does, he's a fantastic cook with a lot of wordly experience and I love the rustic style he has going. Though sometimes his sayings can be annoying.

Pike
06-06-2011, 04:06 PM
I watched a few episodes of Cake Boss and it was about a million times more interesting and engaging than I thought it would be. If I could get my hands on more of them I'd watch 'em all.

Otherwise, I don't watch any food shows :o My "cooking skills" consist of being able to estimate how long a particular substance should be in the microwave for, and that's it, so I don't feel like I have much reason to watch any...