PDA

View Full Version : So The World is Ending Tomorrow

DMKA
05-20-2011, 02:44 PM
SRSLY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_end_times_prediction)

How are you going to spend your final day on Earth EoFF?

Remon
05-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Probably studying for finals.

Psychotic
05-20-2011, 03:34 PM
I heard there's going to be an earthquake that goes all the way around the Earth, following the timezones. (this is, of course, now tectonic plates work) My plan is to get some form of zeppelin or blimp, and leisurely sip champagne in the clouds while you all die screaming :jess:

DMKA
05-20-2011, 03:51 PM
This story is kind of sad. Or funny, depending on who you are.

Kids hope to attend party — but parents say world's going to end (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43106614/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/?GT1=43001)

theundeadhero
05-20-2011, 05:16 PM
I didn't get a haircut today even though I could really use one. Sticking it to the man! ( who happens to be my boss :( )

Shauna
05-20-2011, 05:24 PM
I think I'll sleep for a while, then play some Mass Effect. That should bring me up to about the time of the Rapture, right? Maybe back to sleep then.

Shattered Dreamer
05-20-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm gonna go visit a mate in Galway with fellow EoFFer Caboose, buy LA Noire & then get very very inebriated & go looking for ladies to have a sexy party with. If the the ladies part fails add a third very.

qwertysaur
05-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Eat a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream and caramel on it. Then possibly post about it on a Final Fantasy forum.

Shlup
05-20-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm going to buy a dishwasher and then be sure it and me gets loaded.

Bunny
05-20-2011, 07:33 PM
This is an excuse to drink.

Celebration!

Crop
05-20-2011, 08:00 PM
If they're so sure the world is going to end why don't they give everything they own to charity for extra Jesus Points. Then see what they do on Sunday.
I wish someone would ask them that, then we'd see what they believed.

Casey
05-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Relaxing at home mostly.

The World isn't going to end. Harold Camping is a false prophet.

I Took the Red Pill
05-20-2011, 08:35 PM
i will be reading scripture and praying all day.

"Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh" - Mark 13:35.

Peons. Enjoy your eternal fire and brimstone and chilling with bin Laden, i'll be looking down on you as I lounge back on a cloud taking a harp lesson with Elvis Presley.

NorthernChaosGod
05-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Is it ending at midnight tonight? If so then I'm spending my last day celebrating my friend's birthday with food and drinks.

Remon
05-20-2011, 09:42 PM
2 hours left for Albania's end XD

DMKA
05-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Is it ending at midnight tonight? If so then I'm spending my last day celebrating my friend's birthday with food and drinks.

Actually at 6PM tomorrow, timezone by timezone.

Not kidding, it actually says that on their site. lol.

NorthernChaosGod
05-20-2011, 09:58 PM

Then I will spend my last day half sleeping and then half on the fucking Internet. Who does things before 8 on a Saturday?

Shlup
05-20-2011, 09:59 PM
I don't think it's timezone by timezone. It's supposed to be 3pm on the US west coast.

I failed to find it on the official website and gave up in about 15 seconds though.

Laddy
05-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Meh, probably what I always do. Go to play rehearsal and lament on the low quality on my life...

Bunny
05-20-2011, 10:18 PM
It's actually October 21st.

May 21st is just the beginning.

DMKA
05-20-2011, 10:32 PM
It's actually October 21st.

May 21st is just the beginning.

Yeah, it's supposed to be the rapture tomorrow which is what counts, because of course when no one floats up into the sky to be with Jesus tomorrow that should end the whole debacle and make the Oct. 21st claim irrelevant, right?

.....right?

Bunny
05-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Was just saying that the end of the world isn't tomorrow. Doesn't matter the relevancy of it.

G13
05-21-2011, 12:27 AM

So when whoever is the earliest timezone (Aus?) doesn't ascend into Heaven we'll all know this is a sham. Good plan.

Or will we have to wait for the second earliest, them being criminals and all?

Yar
05-21-2011, 03:07 AM
Smurf you all I'm going to heaven.

blackmage_nuke
05-21-2011, 04:09 AM
Well just because no one ascends doesnt mean its a sham. Its also possible no one ascended because God is really picky and none of us deserve ascention.

Also Donating everything to charity wouldnt earn you Jesus points if you knew everyone was going to die. It would be like giving canned goods to charity because theyre expiring tommorow. If they wanted to prove thier faith they would attempt to help people ascend at any cost, even if it meant commiting crimes.

Jentleness
05-21-2011, 04:31 AM
The world isn't ending tomorrow because that would solve the majority of my problems:

1. I wouldn't have to worry about how I am going to pay my debts. http://www.artpoker.net/EmoticonsImages/money.gif

2. I wouldn't have to worry about whether my son will ever figure out he has to graduate from high school :argh:

3. I wouldn't have to worry about losing weight :quina:

4. I wouldn't have to worry about finding a home for all these stupid er wonderful cats :cat:

5. I wouldn't have to worry about the house being a money pit http://www.lender411.com/mortgage-advice/question/1276/images/ask_icon_md.gif

6. I wouldn't have to worry about, uh, hmmm...anything else I guess.

So, you see, the fact that it would be a mighty convienence for me for the world to end means it just isn't going to happen. (That's why I always say, "Well, it's not the end of the world..." when discussing my problems :tongue:)!

rubah
05-21-2011, 06:09 AM
kinda how I feel about it, jen

Rostum
05-21-2011, 07:37 AM
So when whoever is the earliest timezone (Aus?) doesn't ascend into Heaven we'll all know this is a sham.

We're all convicts here, none of us are going anywhere but down.

Jiro
05-21-2011, 08:02 AM
APOCALYPSE PARTY, UNITE! I've got an hour to get hammered, get high and party because the end is nigh!~

NorthernChaosGod
05-21-2011, 09:00 AM
APOCALYPSE PARTY, UNITE! I've got an hour to get hammered, get high and party because the end is nigh!~

YESSSS! TAP RETURNS! :monster:

Sir Lancealot
05-21-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm still here.

Citizen Bleys
05-21-2011, 09:11 AM
The world is ending in approximately five billion years when Sol goes nova. Until then, stop fucking bellyaching.

Jiro
05-21-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm still here.
Yeah it's a bit disappointing, isn't it? I got dressed up and everything.

NorthernChaosGod
05-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Dak, you got naked.

Psychotic
05-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Why hasn't Timekeeper posted?

IS IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE THE INTERNET IN HEAVEN???

I THINK SO!!!

first confirmed EoFF rapturing.

Jiro
05-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Dak, you got naked.

I PUT ON MY BIRTHDAY SUIT THAT IS GETTING DRESSED UP OKAY

Fynn
05-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Good think I'm a Catholic and the time of Rapture is not part of my doctrine :)

Pheesh
05-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Worst. Apocalypse. Ever!

DMKA
05-21-2011, 04:01 PM

Come again? Since when do Catholics not believe in the rapture?

Or has the Catholic church disregarded the book of Revelation?

aPsychotic has a million dollar smile
05-21-2011, 04:09 PM
my life is already over. smurfing psychotic gave me chlamydia. what an arselicker

Jiro
05-21-2011, 04:19 PM
I survived past Jerusalem's 6pm. I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for. Is a meteor on its way or something?

DMKA
05-21-2011, 04:29 PM
I survived past Jerusalem's 6pm. I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for. Is a meteor on its way or something?

The sun is supposed to turn red and the entire globe is supposed to crack and demons come out, bodies in the street ect.

Fynn
05-21-2011, 04:43 PM

OK, maybe not completely disregard, but it's different for us. Here's a picture:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Tribulation_views_PL.svg

The last one coincides with the views of Catholics and Orthodox churches, I think. Anyway, as you can see, it all kinda happens at once. So Mr. Camping's opinion is still incorrect in light of the Catholic doctrine :D

EDIT: Uh, yeah, didn't notice that was in Polish. "Porwanie Kościoła" means Rapture, "Wielki ucisk" means Tribulation "Milenium" is Millenium, duh and "Sąd Ostateczny" is Judgement Day. And that's about all you need to get that :D

Skyblade
05-21-2011, 05:35 PM

OK, maybe not completely disregard, but it's different for us. Here's a picture:

The last one coincides with the views of Catholics and Orthodox churches, I think. Anyway, as you can see, it all kinda happens at once. So Mr. Camping's opinion is still incorrect in light of the Catholic doctrine :D

EDIT: Uh, yeah, didn't notice that was in Polish. "Porwanie Kościoła" means Rapture, "Wielki ucisk" means Tribulation "Milenium" is Millenium, duh and "Sąd Ostateczny" is Judgement Day. And that's about all you need to get that :D

It's also in an SVG file format, rather than a more common format. So I can't read it for that reason.

Anyway, the views of the Roman Catholic Church are the same presented in the Bible, that none save God know when the day of Judgement will be.

As an interesting note, with no large scale missing persons reports, are we to assume that there just isn't anyone God wants at his side?

Fynn
05-21-2011, 05:42 PM

It's also in an SVG file format, rather than a more common format. So I can't read it for that reason.

D:

Anyway, there's about five ways of interpretations there. Just goes to show how open-ended the Bible is. Plenty of my religion teachers said it's all very metaphorical. I for one do not believe we will have literal heavenly trumpets at Judgment Day.

And yeah, it's almost 7 here. Guess the Rapture ain't beginning just yet. Wonder what Mr. Camping will have to say for himself to all those people who followed him.

I'm thinking something along the lines of "LOL, u mad?"

Hollycat
05-21-2011, 05:46 PM
tltr
the bible states that as long as one person expects the apocalypse to happen, it will not happen

Skyblade
05-21-2011, 05:47 PM
He is just going to claim some misunderstanding or miscalculation that means it is really going to be at some later date, and start this idiocy all over again.

Even worse is the fact that there will be people who still believe him.

Fynn
05-21-2011, 05:51 PM
He is just going to claim some misunderstanding or miscalculation that means it is really going to be at some later date, and start this idiocy all over again.

Even worse is the fact that there will be people who still believe him.

:roll2

I hate the fact that because of such people half the world is convinced all religious people are some sort of lunatics and religion should be banned.

Remon
05-21-2011, 05:51 PM
tltr
the bible states that as long as one person expects the apocalypse to happen, it will not happen

Then I will expect it everyday to save your asses.

I thought that with all the world end predictions of the past we would have moved on by now :(.

DMKA
05-21-2011, 05:53 PM
And yeah, it's almost 7 here. Guess the Rapture ain't beginning just yet. Wonder what Mr. Camping will have to say for himself to all those people who followed him.

Basically his entire staff has business booked up through the next year, and have already said they're pretty sure nothing is going to happen. That makes me wonder whether he himself truly believes any of it or if he's just another con man.

Also, he's made $72 million and counting off of this May 21st rapture claim.

May 21 End of the World: Harold Camping's $72M business - May. 19, 2011 (http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/19/news/economy/may-21-end-of-the-world-finances-harold-camping/index.htm?hpt=C2)

History repeats itself, ect.

Fynn
05-21-2011, 06:05 PM

Basically his entire staff has business booked up through the next year, and have already said they're pretty sure nothing is going to happen. That makes me wonder whether he himself truly believes any of it or if he's just another con man.

Also, he's made $72 million and counting off of this May 21st rapture claim.

May 21 End of the World: Harold Camping's $72M business - May. 19, 2011 (http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/19/news/economy/may-21-end-of-the-world-finances-harold-camping/index.htm?hpt=C2)

History repeats itself, ect.
Dang. 0_o What a dick.

Bunny
05-21-2011, 06:08 PM
I haven't had a look outside yet. Safe to assume the world is still there?

Madame Adequate
05-21-2011, 06:27 PM
I haven't had a look outside yet. Safe to assume the world is still there?

The world is. Not many people though, mostly corpses.

Bunny
05-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Well that's fine then. Maybe now I won't wake up at 5am to a thousand car alarms and people yelling all the time.

Thanks Rapture!

Skyblade
05-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks, Andrew Ryan! Oh, wait, wrong Rapture.

Fynn
05-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Isn't it, like, the worst Rapture ever?

NorthernChaosGod
05-21-2011, 07:25 PM
I think I'm going to wait until my 6PM just to be sure I'm in the clear.

Polnareff
05-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Amusingly, the same guy who came up with the theory that the world was ending today was the same one who said it'd end on September 6, 1994 (or whereabouts; I only know it was in 9/94 because it wasn't long after I turned 6 years old).

When the world failed to end, he chalked it up to a "mathematical error." Wonder what his excuse will be this time.

The good book even says that nobody knows when the world will end. So why do people use the Bible to point to when the world will end? Makes no sense to me.

Jentleness
05-21-2011, 08:24 PM

I was raised Catholic and attended Christian Center School (which taught fundalmental Christian beliefs) from 6th - 8th grade and Moreau Catholic High School. Rapture is a Protestant concept; while Catholics believe in Revelation they are not taught that they are going to be excluded from the coming Tribulation. It's one of the few concepts that the Catholic Church and I actually agree on.

The good book even says that nobody knows when the world will end. So why do people use the Bible to point to when the world will end? Makes no sense to me.

True, not man, not angels, not even the Son of God, only the Father. Jesus also pointed out that there would be many false prophets who would come to lead people astray and to be wary and not follow them.

Bunny
05-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Volcano erupts in Iceland, spurs 50 quakes - World news - Europe - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43121772/ns/world_news-europe/)

Uh-oh

Slothy
05-21-2011, 09:32 PM
A minor eruption with some weak earthquakes from the most active volcano in Iceland? Not really the kickoff to the end of the world I would expect.

DMKA
05-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Volcano erupts in Iceland, spurs 50 quakes - World news - Europe - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43121772/ns/world_news-europe/)

Uh-oh

OH BOY, HERE WE GO!

A minor eruption with some weak earthquakes from the most active volcano in Iceland? Not really the kickoff to the end of the world I would expect.

God hates Iceland a little more than the rest of the planet, apparently, as he's spared all the countries east of Iceland so far.

NorthernChaosGod
05-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Everyone run for your lives!

DMKA
05-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Well it's 6:23pm now here in Ohio and no one's ascended yet, the world hasn't cracked open, and the sun hasn't turned red.

I'm giving these buttmuchers until 6:00pm California time. If I don't see behemoths and giant three headed dogs running in the streets by then, I call bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Jessweeee♪
05-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Ran out of juice. I think it got raptured.

Jentleness
05-22-2011, 02:06 AM
Hmmm, 6' O Clock PDST, still here...

Shauna
05-22-2011, 02:15 AM
Worst rapture ever.

Bunny
05-22-2011, 03:11 AM
Everyone's a critic. Sheesh.

Jiro
05-22-2011, 05:53 AM
I think it was just that Camping guy who got raptured. Hasn't been word from him yet after all!

Psychotic
05-22-2011, 10:21 AM
In New York, retired transportation agency worker Robert Fitzpatrick was inspired by Camping's message to spend over $140,000 of his savings on subway posters and outdoor advertisements warning of the May 21 Judgment Day.

As he stood in Times Square in New York surrounded by onlookers, Fitzpatrick, 60, carried a Bible and handed out leaflets as he waited for Judgment Day to begin.

By his own reading of Bible, which was slightly different than Camping's, Fitzgerald expected the great worldwide event to begin at 6 p.m. Eastern Time.

When the hour came and went, he said: "I do not understand why ...," as his speech broke off and he looked at his watch.

"I do not understand why nothing has happened."

:(

I know it's cool and hip to mock the believers of the SKY WIZARD!!! and all, but damn if that isn't depressing.

NorthernChaosGod
05-22-2011, 01:01 PM
$140k?! That's just sad.

Bunny
05-24-2011, 05:28 AM
Harold Camping says May 21, 2011 was ‘invisible judgment day,’ world will end October 21, 2011 - Under God - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/under-god/post/harold-camping-says-may-21-2011-was-invisible-judgment-day-world-will-end-october-21-2011/2011/05/23/AFZmc99G_blog.html)

Worry not, Mr. Fitzpatrick.

Your end will come in time.

Jiro
05-24-2011, 12:59 PM
What the fuck is 'invisible judgment day'? This guy seriously needs to just be quiet for a while and stop giving me a reason to want to punch him in the face.

DMKA
05-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Harold Camping says May 21, 2011 was ‘invisible judgment day,’ world will end October 21, 2011 - Under God - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/under-god/post/harold-camping-says-may-21-2011-was-invisible-judgment-day-world-will-end-october-21-2011/2011/05/23/AFZmc99G_blog.html)

Worry not, Mr. Fitzpatrick.

Your end will come in time.

Oh boy, I didn't see this coming!

Jiro
05-24-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm too lazy to read anything substantial so someone tell me why the sudden date change? I mean, apart from the fact that the last rapture didn't occur as planned.

Polnareff
05-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally, Camping predicted that May 21 would be the "rapture" day, and that the remaining people who didn't get raptured would be subject to torment for exactly 5 months afterward (until October 21). October 21 was to be the "real" world end day according to him.

Now that jack crap has happened he says an "invisible" rapture took place and that now the world will still end on October 21...

Remon
05-24-2011, 06:14 PM
So only the invisible got raptured? Where's your cloak now Harry?

Peegee
05-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Preacher says he was 5 months off, Judgment Day will occur in October - thestar.com (http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/995652--preacher-says-he-was-5-months-off-judgment-day-will-occur-in-october?bn=1)

NorthernChaosGod
05-24-2011, 08:29 PM
This guy will not fucking quit.

Peegee
05-24-2011, 08:58 PM
This guy will not smurfing quit.

u mad he will eventually be right?

Hollycat
05-24-2011, 09:13 PM
So only the invisible got raped?

Glad I didnt take that invisibility potion

NorthernChaosGod
05-24-2011, 09:47 PM
This guy will not smurfing quit.

u mad he will eventually be right?

Isn't he 86 or something? He will definitely die before the world ends.

Remon
05-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Perhaps he's predicting his end of world.

Carl the Llama
05-25-2011, 03:20 AM
<TABLE border="4"bordercolor="white"bgcolor="black"cellpadding="4"><TR><TD bordercolor="blue">Damn it, I missed the end of the world... is this my heaven? xD

At least on the bright side my Birthday is before the end of the world xD</table>

Jiro
05-25-2011, 04:17 AM
Yeah I'm glad I get to be 19 before I die. :rolleyes:

NorthernChaosGod
05-25-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm going to throw an end of the world party.

Jiro
05-25-2011, 10:15 AM
It's a friday night, I know what I'm gonna be doing. Exactly what the dick above me said :jess:

NorthernChaosGod
05-25-2011, 10:56 AM
You're a dick. :colbert:

G13
05-25-2011, 10:57 AM
So sayeth Megadick.

Edit: And before you twist that around, you are a mega dick. :monster:

Jiro
05-25-2011, 11:01 AM
They call him that because of his giant dong

on his face

EDIT: I saw that but I still love ya NCG

Hollycat
05-25-2011, 07:48 PM
They call him that because of his giant dong

on his face

EDIT: I saw that but I still love ya NCG

Dont you mean in his face?
All suggestive themes are on purpose

I was gonna photoshop a guy with a dick so that it was on his face, then realised not only is that gay, it would get me banned if I posted it

Bunny
05-25-2011, 08:12 PM
So sayeth Megadick.

It's NegaDick.

NorthernChaosGod
05-25-2011, 08:38 PM
I will rape you all.

Peegee
05-25-2011, 08:44 PM
So sayeth Megadick.