PDA

View Full Version : Baby You and Inappropriate Musics

Shlup
05-20-2011, 08:06 PM
What songs did you like when you were too young to realize they weren't really appropriate?

When I was like twelve my favorite song was Green Day's Longview. I'd pop in my Dookie cassette as my mom drove and be all "Bite my lip and close my eyes, take me away to paradise!" My poor mother.

When I was smaller I'd be riding around on my Big Wheel all "Rollin' down the street smokin' indo, sippin' on gin and juice, yeeeaaahh..." I love juice!

Loony BoB
05-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Let's Talk About Sex, Baby!

Sugar, Honey, Ice Tea!

and I know that I'm not too young but if anyone has heard It's Not Fair by Lily Allen, well, that's what every girl in the UK would sing at the time it was out. Rather disturbing hearing twelve year olds sing along to it in the bus. :S

NorthernChaosGod
05-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Pretty much all the music I listened to. My parents got me into classic rock/metal from an early age.

Led Zeppelin has some pretty sexual lyrics from time to time.
Oh, shake for me, girl
I wanna be your backdoor man
(inappropriate moaning)
:|

Jessweeee♪
05-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Pretty much all the music I listened to. My parents got me into classic rock/metal from an early age.

Yeah, mine too. My mom wasn't to keen on me listening to that stuff or watching mature shows, but my dad was like "she's a baby, she doesn't even know English." xD

NorthernChaosGod
05-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Neither of my parents cared what I listened to until I started listening to Eminem in middle school. I would even go around singing the lines and I think they just gave each other knowing looks.

rubah
05-20-2011, 09:36 PM
You want different positions
to keep your love-life successful
and you want a happy ending
with lots of stud potential
reliable and perpetual
without being distasteful, oh wee

My papa says it's not the size
nor the way it's looking, it's the way it moves
on stiletto shoes - papa sure improves
but I bet he's just tryin' to be commercial

So let me say something simple to you
before we get to do the do: Baby I love you
that takes care of that, you can take off your hat
You and me gotta be the lucky few

There's a tourist in the city
that went and lost his lady
on purpose if you ask me
He'll have to find a reason
to cover up the treason
meanwhile let's hope the night never ends (2x)
'cos mad love's coming, I know mad love is coming
Mad love is coming, I know mad love is coming

Mad mad love is coming, I know mad love is coming

Out on the corner - city boy routine
Right on the border of enemy territory
This is how far you've come, this is how far you've gone
There's a fool's moon out, makin' me shout

and it's cruel cruel - street's a mean school
Too many blows - below the belt, you know
Mad love is comin', not too soon
on beds that sail outta the blue
Mad love is comin', all day through
who's afraid of that romance is doomed

Mad love's comin', all over your walls
Into your life, it creepy crawls

LOVED this song. Realized pretty soon that it was slightly too sexy. Realized just now while looking it up that it was even worse than I remembered! (I never noticed the line 'all over your walls' before)

DMKA
05-20-2011, 09:59 PM
I also loved both those songs when I was like ten, Shulppykins.

And "Red Light Special" by TLC

I Don't Need A Name
05-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I'm with Shlup on singing along to Green Day lyrics of masturbation and the like at a young age.

fire_of_avalon
05-20-2011, 11:17 PM
I listened to Def Leppard and ZZ Top from the age of birth until now.

My favorite ZZ Top song as a kid was Tube Snake Boogie. I was maybe five or so and would sit in the yard singing it. I'm surprised the neighbors didn't lose their minds.

Chris
05-20-2011, 11:21 PM
I have horrible visions of myself singing along to Spice Girls' "2 Become 1" as a kid. I had no idea what the damn song was about.

Shoeberto
05-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Too Close (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA0Z795mkMk) by Next. I'm pretty sure I remember skating to this song when I was a kid. I didn't realize until a few years ago that it's about boners. The whole thing is boners.

Shiny
05-21-2011, 01:59 AM
^ That one

I seriously had no idea it was about erections until last year when someone explained it to me. -_- Then again I never heard the words right when I was younger so it was entirely different song when I was singing it.

Pheesh
05-21-2011, 11:23 AM
I went through a 'rap phase', so I listened to a lot of inappropriate stuff, Eminem and Nelly come to mind. Also I was into Korn, Limp Bizkit and other nu metal bands when I was fairly young as well.

I Don't Need A Name
05-21-2011, 11:41 AM
I have horrible visions of myself singing along to Spice Girls' "2 Become 1" as a kid. I had no idea what the damn song was about.

I've only just realised what it's about... Oh how adulthood changes everything :[

Loony BoB
05-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Too Close (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA0Z795mkMk) by Next. I'm pretty sure I remember skating to this song when I was a kid. I didn't realize until a few years ago that it's about boners. The whole thing is boners.
For some reason this song just reminded me now of "Freak Me" by Silk. I was about fifteen and it didn't exactly make it so you didn't know what you were singing about, but ahahahahaha, inappropriate. A girl (a model, no less) introduced me to this song when she had a crush on me. I would later turn her down - she smoked.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Naughty By Nature - O.P.P. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJgFU3U4X_Y)

This comes to mind. The first few lines, and the moaning pretty much sum that up. I was 10 or 11 so I got the idea, but still missed some of the better innuendos until older.

Plus a lot of the classic rock others have mentioned.

Polnareff
05-22-2011, 11:50 PM
For the most part my parents didn't care what I listened to, even as a little kid.

It's really surprising now considering when we'd go on road trips they'd listen to Prince CDs and such. >_>

Getting older and realizing what all those songs were about is enough to make me wonder why even when I was like 3 years old they'd play these songs in front of me.

They let me listen to Steely Dan songs then too, but most of their meanings are pretty obscure and kids won't get what most of them are talking about.

Also this song:
You could have a steam train, if you'd just lay down your tracks!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqyc37aOqT0)

:jess: