PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

Scotty_ffgamer
05-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Hello everybody. I'm another RPG fan that happened to stumble across this forum the other day, and I decided I'd join. My exciting news for you all is that I have just beaten Final Fantasy IX for the first time; I have owned the game since I was in middle school I believe, but just never got around to beating it. Even though I never was a fan of the art style (which partially is what turned me off to the game when I was younger), I thoroughly enjoyed playing through it. I'm in the minority that has chosen Final Fantasy VIII as my favorite in the series, though that was the first in the series that I had ever played. I am also a huge fan of the Xenosaga series. I currently am a Junior in college as a Secondary Education. I also love to write and hope to have a novel published someday. So there you go, me in a nutshell.

Hollycat
05-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Hiya!
Im mr. Kennedy, I am an engineering major with certificates in medicine, art, and education.

Nice to meet ya

Remon
05-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Welcome Scotty.
I like FF8 too, mainly because of the sorceresses and love themes. Though my favorite will always remain FFT :love:.
I also love to write and hope to have a novel published! What genre do you write in? I do detective fiction :p.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-20-2011, 11:29 PM
The genre I'd like to write in changes quite a bit (which is partially why I've never managed to finish writing anything of significant length). I've always been a fan of the Fantasy genre though, and that is what I usually come back to with my story ideas. I have been brainstorming a lot during my recent school semester for a fantasy idea I've had that I hope to get started on soon this summer. If nothing else I will probably work on some short stories to try to flesh out some of my characters more. Detective Fiction sounds like it would actually be a lot of fun to write for.

Tactics is one that I had never beaten. When I was younger I wasn't a big fan of the SRPG genre, and I could never get very far in the game. When I get some free time I want to buy The War of the Lions so I can finally try to beat it though. I should probably play through my copy of Jeanne D'arc before I go buying another game on my psp though.

qwertysaur
05-21-2011, 12:22 AM
Welcome Scotty! We have so much in common! I'm going for Secondary education as well. which subject are you going to teach? I'm doing Math. :moomba:

Also based on your username I assume your name is Scott and thats my name as well :bigsmile:

Scotty_ffgamer
05-21-2011, 12:38 AM
I am planning on teaching English. I actually do enjoy math though, and I am pretty decent at it when I have to be. I was horrible at explaining match concepts when I tried to help other people in my classes though, so I have since decided it is probably best for me not to teach that subject, haha.

Jiro
05-21-2011, 08:47 AM
There are a lot of aspiring authors here, I imagine you can post some work in the Writer's Corner to get feedback and maybe hints or tricks (or you could share some!)

I've only beaten a handful of FF games despite having played them for gosh over a decade now. I wasn't very good at them as a kid :jess:

I hope you have fun here buddy!

Rantz
05-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Ah, IX is my favourite but VIII isn't far behind :D Very much welcome, make yourself at home!