PDA

View Full Version : Time to make the most of my summer vacation.

Wolf Kanno
05-21-2011, 08:05 AM
So summer has officially started and I have a cache of games that I've accumulated in the past few years that I have yet to give some proper playing time. So I'm going to ask the good people of EoFF what you would go for in this list, cause I need to catch up.

PSP:
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Persona 1 - still need to finish it.
Persona 3 Portable - Dissidia Duodecim distracted me from finishing this.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Embarrassingly enough, I forgot I bought it.

DS:
Devil Survivor - Started but never got very far due to distractions
Children of Mana - been ages since I played a Mana game
Dragon Quest IV - Got bored but willing to go back
Elite Beat Agents - Cause Rhythm games are my weakness

Wii:
No More Heroes 2 - Loved the first one just been too busy for real console playing
Mad World - Want to see what Matsuno is up to
Phantasy Star (WiiWare) - Wanna see what the fuss is about.
Tactic Ogre (WiiWare) - want to see if its as good as people claim it is.

PS3:
White Knight Chronicles - I figure I should finally get back to this.
Batman Ahhkum Asylum - I'm curious to see if they finally made a good Batman game
Valkyrie Chronicles - I can't get past the fact I feel like I'm playing a Gundam anime.
Assissins Creed - Great concept, some serious execution issues. Figure I could just skip the side stuff and try to power play my way through the story.

PS2:
Suikoden Tactics - Cause I love Suikoden?
Shinobi - when I want to play an action game
Onimusha 1 and 2 - I loved the original and never played 2 but feel I need a refresher course
Silent Hill 2 - Sadly, the ending has already been ruined for me.
Metal Saga - Cause its bizarre and funny
The Bouncer - Cause I want to know if the rumors are true.
Zone of the Enders 1 - I still haven't finished it
Dawn of Mana - It can't be that bad right? Right?
Beyond Good and Evil - It gets enough praise, figured I would check it out.
Killer 7 - I really enjoyed what I played but its been so long I need to start over.
God Hand - Cause I love Fist of the North Star?
GTA: Vice City - I mostly got it to relieve stress and anger against the human species, but it seems like a waste to not check out the story...
Front Mission 4 - Been enjoying this game the last few months but stopped when school got busy.
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga - Started it and got busy, want to come back and start from scratch.

SNES:
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - I've never actually played it before...
Illusion of Gaia - Played it ages ago but never got far, I want to finish it.
Lufia: The Fortress of Doom - I just remembered I never finished this game, but I'm so far in I can't remember what I was doing... :eep:

Retro:
I have beaten all these games, but some them have been so long that I feel justified to go through them again.

Wild ARMS (PS1)
Wild ARMS 2nd Ignition (PS1)
Xenogears (PSP)
Vagrant Story (PSP)
Front Mission 3 (PSP)
Sword of Mana - Need to finish it
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne - Need to finish the game.

There is sadly more, but I removed some entries cause I figured getting feedback from them wasn't going to happen (Sky Gunner and Space Channel 5 for example) or they are titles that I have given up on (Mario Galaxy, FFXII: Revnant Wings), or games I need a break from (Mirror's Edge and Fragile Dreams), or games where I made the mistake of buying the second title and now I need to track down the first one cause I have OCD like that... (Devil Summoner and Shadow Hearts).

So out of this list, what feels like a priority to you? Be well aware I'm a picky bastard and if I don't like the game, I will make sure you hear about it. ;)

Scotty_ffgamer
05-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Valkyria Chronicles all the way! I love that game.

I keep hearing Peace Walker has one of the best stories in the series, but I had trouble really getting into it personally. I bought it near the day it came out and played it for a while. I got pretty close to the end if I understand correctly, but then stopped playing and haven't touched it sense. That game is one I personally plan on playing through this summer.

Elite Beat Agents is always fun. I really want to find my copy again and play through as I have never actually beaten it. Arkham Asylum is another one I have on my own list, as well as Xenogears and Vagrant Story. Those are the ones on your list I would personally go for, but most everything on your list is stuff I've always been meaning to get around to playing myself... Random fact, but Fragile Dreams is actually one of my favorite Wii games. I know it is not actually on your list, but reading it in your post has made me want to play that game again...

Shattered Dreamer
05-21-2011, 12:14 PM
PSP: Peace Walker. It's a Metal Gear game I'm always gonna mark out for it :lol:

DS: Devil Survivor. You said you got distracted so did play it much. No distractions so give it a go. Plus it seems like a pretty good game.

Wii: Phantasy Star. I want too see can anybody else make head nor tail of one of these games!

PS2: The Bouncer. Old old PS2 game but alot of fun. Each time you level up your characters the game gets a little tougher. Plus the multiplayer in this game is awesome :bigsmile:

Onimusha 1: You just reminded me I own this game :O It's great but I got side tracked from playing it 2 years ago with final year uni exams. Might break out the PS2 give it a whirl.

Illusion of Gaia: It's suppose to be one of the best SNES RPG's so nuf said :p

VeloZer0
05-21-2011, 04:06 PM
The first thing I though when I read the thread title was go outside and get some exercise. :p

I haven't had experience with most of these, but I will give thoughts on the ones I have.

Star Ocean: The Second Story - I don't recommend it. I'm several hours in and it hasn't done anything to make itself stand out as a game.

Tactic Ogre - I didn't think it was nearly as good as people give it credit for, but if you do like it as others do it would be extremely engrossing. I would recommend you try it highly. (I am super picky with SRPGs)

Suikoden Tactics - Only played an hour or two and found it quite uninspiring. But I have to say the same about Suikoden in general (minus the only giving it a few hours) so you may like it.

Valkyrie Chronicles - I don't know where you got Gundam from. (On a side note it would be sweet if they made a Gundam game that didn't suck). I absolutely LOVED the game in the beginning, but as it progressed the game was more about scouting than combat, which I found exceedingly boring. I enjoy taking the units I have and figuring out a way to dispatch the enemy as quickly as possible, whereas it was progressing into a game where you have to slowly and move your formation across the map keeping careful to spot any eliminate any enemies you encountered along the way. Way more realistic, and a lot less fun.

I'm going to tell you to spend time playing new games instead of replaying your old ones, but if you are anything like me you won't listen to the advice anyways.

ljkkjlcm9
05-21-2011, 05:12 PM
The sad part about white knight chronicles is that the 2nd comes out in august... And it includes the first game.

I also found valkyria chronicles just ridiculous in later stages.

Illusion of gain is amazing... I have that game memorized from countless play throughs

THE JACKEL

sharkythesharkdogg
05-21-2011, 05:44 PM
SKY GUNNER!!!! I love that game.....

Then Xenogears, Batman, Elite Beat Agents, and Illusions of Gaia

Flying Arrow
05-21-2011, 05:45 PM
I can only speak to about a portion of your list:

PS1: All those games are choice (except I've never really gotten far into Xenogears - but that'll probably change this summer, too). I really have a soft spot for the first two Wild Arms games. Great, great games.

PS2: Haven't played the majority of those, but Silent Hill 2 is excellent. Digital Devil Saga is quite good too. Excellent story over the two games. Great battle system too, although a lot of the dungeon design can start to feel laborious...

PS3: Definitely go for Batman. Kind of easy, but a lot of fun and a great handling of the Batman mythos. Slightly off-topic, I can't wait for Arkham City.

PSP: I vote against Star Ocean 2, or any of the Star Ocean games for that matter. I completed 2 on my PS1 back when it came out, but it was an absolute slog and I only got to the end because I'm obsessive-compulsive about that kind of thing and, as a 13-year-old, didn't have any income to buy myself something better. I tried Till the End of Time on PS2 like five years ago. Really... not good at all, and apparently it has the single worst plot twist in the history of games at the end. I've seen some cut scenes from The Lost Hope on youtube and they are absolutely horrifying.

tl;dr: Star Ocean games will make you want to claw your eyes out.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Valkyrie Chronicles - I enjoy taking the units I have and figuring out a way to dispatch the enemy as quickly as possible, whereas it was progressing into a game where you have to slowly and move your formation across the map keeping careful to spot any eliminate any enemies you encountered along the way. Way more realistic, and a lot less fun.

This is definitely true playing through the stuff closer to the end normally (and I actually liked the more slow moving, strategic element in a lot of these instances), but if you get creative with issuing commands you can really make several of these battles move extremely quickly.

Also I would throw in that you should play through Assassin's Creed. I thought it was a great game as long as you play it in short bursts, otherwise it just gets too repetitive and boring.

Depression Moon
05-21-2011, 07:25 PM
I would say play them all if you could. But for me... Batman Arkham Asylum and Beyond Good & Evil.

Slothy
05-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Here are my picks with comments. Everything else I either haven't played, haven't played enough to really comment, or outright think you shouldn't play. I'll leave it to you to guess which is which. :)

PS3:
Valkyria Chronicles - One of the best games on the PS3 and one of the best and most innovative SRPG's I've played. This one isn't optional.

PS2:
Onimusha 1 and 2 - Never played the second but the first was awesome. I was actually thinking about replaying it the other day.
Silent Hill 2 - Another one that isn't optional. Not as scary as 1 or 3, but definitely one of the better stories in gaming period. Even if you did have the end ruined, it's still a classic.
Zone of the Enders 1 - This is how a mech action game should play. The story is pretty :bou::bou::bou::bou: but the gameplay makes that not matter.
GTA: Vice City - The best GTA on the PS2 if you ask me. Lot's more to do than GTA3 without degenerating into the directionless, bloated, boring mess that was San Andreas and GTAIV. Aside from GTA3 this is the only one worth playing if you ask me.

SNES:
Illusion of Gaia - One of my favourite SNES games. It saddens me greatly that the battery in my cartridge died. Ironically it was one of my newest SNES games, bought new no less, and it's the only one that won't hold a save file now.

Wolf Kanno
05-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Just to clear something up. Star Ocean 2 should actually be in the retro section. I own and have completed both Claude and Rena's storylines and all that jazz on the original PS1. I just happen to pick up the PSP version thanks to a few sales (Buy 4 get 1 free deal) cause I honestly don't mind Star Ocean 2, despite how ridiculous its plot was and how awful the VA work was.

Random fact, but Fragile Dreams is actually one of my favorite Wii games. I know it is not actually on your list, but reading it in your post has made me want to play that game again...

Its a great game, I've been enjoying it thus far even if combat is a bit stale but its more adventure puzzle game than anything. I just feel the need for something new cause I'm on and off again with it but I really should just plow through it cause I've heard its not very long.

SKY GUNNER!!!! I love that game.....

Its fun, but surprisingly challenging. I love the Miyazaki feel of it.

I would say play them all if you could..
I only have so many hours of the day and I do still need to work ;)

For the VC=Gundam comment, its because I can tell this is going to be one of those saccharine filled "war is hell" type stories which is what 99% of all Gundam are about. The gameplay is fun but like Silent Hill 2, the story was ruined for me thanks to some jerk at a convention, so its hard to get excited for story. Gameplay is fun though but customization isn't as fun as I would like it to be, and I actually hate how the storybook approach of the story is presented cause it makes everything feel "stop and go".

Illusion of Gaia was a recent find and I've kind of made it a goal to collect all the JRPGs released on the SNES. I think, now that I am older, I can appreciate the game more... or hate it, who knows. :p

Batman is getting lots of love as well. Its been awhile since I played a more traditional action game.

Keep up the suggestions.

Polnareff
05-22-2011, 03:40 AM
PSP: Star Ocean 2
DS: Children of Mana. I'm probably the only one to say that so far. :V
Wii: MadWorld. I still find that to be like one of the best, if not the best, game on the Wii.
PS2: Onimusha 1 and 2, and Front Mission 4, and SMURF YES GOD HAND PLAY THAT FIRST

SNES: Lufia
Retro: Wild Arms 1, SMT III

Vermachtnis
05-22-2011, 04:05 AM
PSP:
Persona 3 Portable - Shinji as a romance option should be enough.

DS:
Devil Survivor - Black Frost

Wii:
Phantasy Star (WiiWare) - Gonna assume it's the first one. Go play it. Don't look up maps.

PS3:
Batman Ahhkum Asylum - They did make a great Batman game. It's like TAS without the shackles.

PS2:
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga - That's a given. It's my favorite MegaTen game. And most likely my favorite game period.

SNES:
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Protip: Don't take the game seriously. Also it has Tristam, the loudest ninja ever.

Carl the Llama
05-22-2011, 04:09 AM
So summer has officially started and I have a cache of games that I've accumulated in the past few years that I have yet to give some proper playing time. So I'm going to ask the good people of EoFF what you would go for in this list, cause I need to catch up.

PS2:
Silent Hill 2 - Sadly, the ending has already been ruined for me.
;)

There are like 5 different endings to this game, I have seen them all lol.

Wolf Kanno
05-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Yeah... I've actually seen all five endings. I had a friend who really likes the series and made me watch him play sometimes. I'm mostly talking about the main twist about the truth behind the way his wife died and what Silent Hill really is to him. ;)

Carl the Llama
05-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah... I've actually seen all five endings. I had a friend who really likes the series and made me watch him play sometimes. I'm mostly talking about the main twist about the truth behind the way his wife died and what Silent Hill really is to him. ;)

Its still a great game to play... I love the noise things make when you hit them with the crow bar, even when dead you can still hit them again and again... good times xD

Shaibana
05-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Im just gonna stick with the consoles i have :)
i hardly know any of those games (a)
but for PSP i would recommend: Final Fantasy Crisis core and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep..
i know theyre not on yr list ;)

and from PS3:
Assassins creed, beautiful (long) game!!

Flying Arrow
05-22-2011, 05:56 PM
WK, I'm looking over your original post and I completely missed Phantasy Star (in my defense, I see the word Wii and my brain automatically shuts down).

Definitely play Phantasy Star. Excellent game. As far as early JRPGs go, I'll take PS1 over both FF1 and DW1 (which is actually just :bou::bou::bou::bou: anyway). And like was said a few posts ago, don't look at maps and don't look up answers. Make sure you have a notebook and pencil with you.

Wolf Kanno
05-23-2011, 04:40 AM
Im just gonna stick with the consoles i have :)
i hardly know any of those games (a)
but for PSP i would recommend: Final Fantasy Crisis core and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep..
i know theyre not on yr list ;)

and from PS3:
Assassins creed, beautiful (long) game!!

I've already played and beaten Crisis Core (which I didn't really like) and Birth By Sleep (which I loved) so I'm good on those fronts.

I'll take the vote for Assassins Creed. :D

WK, I'm looking over your original post and I completely missed Phantasy Star (in my defense, I see the word Wii and my brain automatically shuts down).
:(

Definitely play Phantasy Star. Excellent game. As far as early JRPGs go, I'll take PS1 over both FF1 and DW1 (which is actually just :bou::bou::bou::bou: anyway). And like was said a few posts ago, don't look at maps and don't look up answers. Make sure you have a notebook and pencil with you.

Don't build my expectations up Flying Arrow, I will spam your Mognet account with arguments on the contrary if it doesn't live up. :D

Flying Arrow
05-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Allow me to temper my comment then:

You may like it more than Final Fantasy I, but I can't remember your feelings on that one.

You will like it more than Dragon Warrior I, because no mentally healthy individual actually enjoyed playing Dragon Warrior I.

PS is part JRPG, part first-person dungeon-crawler (the dungeons are great, really), and part adventure game (each planet is basically a giant puzzle of who gets what and what goes where). The weakest aspect - easily - is the combat. This is probably the major area that may turn you off.

black orb
05-23-2011, 07:20 AM
>>> Mystic Quest.. Im glad I was able to play it before I turned into a jaded gamer..:luca:

Bolivar
05-23-2011, 10:36 PM
I keep hearing Peace Walker has one of the best stories in the series, but I had trouble really getting into it personally. I bought it near the day it came out and played it for a while. I got pretty close to the end if I understand correctly, but then stopped playing and haven't touched it sense. That game is one I personally plan on playing through this summer.

OH. MY. GOD. Summer of EoFF Peace Walker Ad-Hoc Party Friendship Co-Ops RPG!!!!!!!!!!! We should do this! Do you got a PS3? Hit me and Wolf up on PSN, LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!

Back to topic:

Dragon Quest IV - depends where you're at, I personally love the game, but if the magic of the Dragon Quest adventure just doesn't do it for you, there's no shame in skipping it. Personally I just started V on the DS and these games are so well done and so incredible with everything they do, I just recommend them no matter what.

Tactics Ogre - You'll want to go with the PSP version. As far as "if it's as good as everyone says it is," it depends on what you think is good. And if you think FF Tactics is good, you'll think this game is great. It's a better game, hands down.

White Knight Chronicles - I can't say this game gets better as it goes on, but it's an easy and decent JRPG playthrough and if nothing else I'd love to play more of the multiplayer, so let me know if you jump on it.

Valkyria Chronicles - it's really up to you whether or not this game deserves to have a special place in your heart, no big deal if it doesn't. Personally I'm with Vivi22, it's one of the most innovative SRPGs in the last few years.

Assassin's Creed - you should beat it to say you played it and also to play its excellent sequel. It's repetitive, but luckily you can use that repetition to get really good at 1-3 side missions in order to unlock and speed through the story bosses and beat the game fairly quickly. Not a long play and a very satisfying one at the end.

Vice City -you mentioned playing it for story, and IMO GTA is one of the best examples of satire in video games. But that's just me.

Jessweeee♪
05-24-2011, 01:27 AM
Assassin's Creed. Like you said, just plow through it, because the sequels are so much better gameplay wise and you'll be glad!

Jiro
05-24-2011, 03:22 AM
I'm just pissed at your library's sized you jerk :p

Loony BoB
05-26-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm unsure if there is any reason to not like Batman Arkham Asylum. I think you'll enjoy it. It's expertly paced, there are a bunch of things to do and numerous ways to go about them.

Shaibana
05-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Assassin's Creed. Like you said, just plow through it, because the sequels are so much better gameplay wise and you'll be glad!

ya, but skip the first one :) it was ok, i played the whole game out but to be honest... i didnt get the story at all xD (mostly becuas there were no subtitles)
AC1 was alright, but like they said: to much repeat.

as for the 2nd: i found this the best one. to me it was totaly balanced

Brotherhood: it was a cool game. in the 2nd i wanted to ride horses in town, but in Brotherhood i 'regret' that. the horse in the city makes it to simple (plus the fact that u cant just run ppl over without conciquences >.<)..
But it kind of ruined it for me the moment u make the Brotherhood, and can 'summon' assassins to do the job for you... it made the game just to easy :S
p.s i really loved the multyplayer, its really one of a kind!!

p.s. other good games i would recommend:
Uncharted
resident evil 5
naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 (only if u watch the anime, haha!!)

Polnareff
05-26-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm unsure if there is any reason to not like Batman Arkham Asylum. I think you'll enjoy it. It's expertly paced, there are a bunch of things to do and numerous ways to go about them.

There is one thing. One thing I dislike about Arkham Asylum, and that's how closed-in it is. Batman by nature goes around town all the time, so to play the game and have it be almost totally restricted kinda sucked. But they're fixing that in Arkham City, so Arkham City should be damn near perfect.

I don't even like Batman and I love Arkham Asylum. That's how good it is.

Wolf Kanno
05-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Allow me to temper my comment then:

You may like it more than Final Fantasy I, but I can't remember your feelings on that one.

You will like it more than Dragon Warrior I, because no mentally healthy individual actually enjoyed playing Dragon Warrior I.

I actually happen to like DQ1 :p Its kind of hard to fault a game when it was the first of its kind.

[/quote]PS is part JRPG, part first-person dungeon-crawler (the dungeons are great, really), and part adventure game (each planet is basically a giant puzzle of who gets what and what goes where). The weakest aspect - easily - is the combat. This is probably the major area that may turn you off.[/QUOTE]

I've played a little of it, I'm actually surprised how little it uses the Sci-Fi setting beyond the storm trooper enemies. It uses more fantasy mythos than I was expecting. Dungeons are fun but I'm use to them cause of the MegaTen games which use the same exact format.

>>> Mystic Quest.. I'm glad I was able to play it before I turned into a jaded gamer..:luca:

I'm not going into the game expecting much, I may spend most of my time laughing actually. :D

OH. MY. GOD. Summer of EoFF Peace Walker Ad-Hoc Party Friendship Co-Ops RPG!!!!!!!!!!! We should do this! Do you got a PS3? Hit me and Wolf up on PSN, LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!

Crap man, I'll have to start getting to work on Peace Walker.

Dragon Quest IV - depends where you're at, I personally love the game, but if the magic of the Dragon Quest adventure just doesn't do it for you, there's no shame in skipping it. Personally I just started V on the DS and these games are so well done and so incredible with everything they do, I just recommend them no matter what.I've reached the point where everyone is together and I'm looking for the Zenithia Gear. Basically, I've reached the point where it became a traditional DQ game. I'll get back to it eventually, the chapter set-up was interesting if a bit tedious since I had to effectively start the game from scratch like 5 times. I'm mostly sad cause Torneko's chapter was easily the best out of the bunch since it offered the most variety. I may have to see if I can track down that rare PS1 game they made about him.

Tactics Ogre - You'll want to go with the PSP version. As far as "if it's as good as everyone says it is," it depends on what you think is good. And if you think FF Tactics is good, you'll think this game is great. It's a better game, hands down.I goofed, it isn't Tactics Ogre I picked up, its actually Ogre Battle and I have been playing through this game and its surprisingly very good. I just wish class changing wasn't so difficult due to every little thing affecting Alignment.

White Knight Chronicles - I can't say this game gets better as it goes on, but it's an easy and decent JRPG playthrough and if nothing else I'd love to play more of the multiplayer, so let me know if you jump on it.Its not a bad game, its just a title where every story element so far seems like its been used before. I really feel like I'm playing a crossover between an old school RPG and Vision of Escaflowne (not that this is a bad thing). Combat is fun, but the combo system is seriously where its at. I just wish it wasn't so limited when it comes to using magic in combos.

I do need to utilize multiplayer more. I'm still really early in the game but my personal character is higher than my story party thanks to the missions only allowing him to participate. I may have tot take you up on the offer.

Valkyria Chronicles - it's really up to you whether or not this game deserves to have a special place in your heart, no big deal if it doesn't. Personally I'm with Vivi22, it's one of the most innovative SRPGs in the last few years.Gameplay is fun, I ain't knocking that. I just kind of had the story ruined for me so its hard to get excited when you know what is going to happen next. There are some interface issues I have with the game but I can get over it and just try to enjoy the gameplay. Its nice to see that someone at Sega knows how to make a game again.

Assassin's Creed - you should beat it to say you played it and also to play its excellent sequel. It's repetitive, but luckily you can use that repetition to get really good at 1-3 side missions in order to unlock and speed through the story bosses and beat the game fairly quickly. Not a long play and a very satisfying one at the end.The tediousness gets on my nerves and once I got the counter ability, combat pretty much stopped being fun cause Altair became unstoppable. This all goes back to my issue about it is impossible to make a great stealth game when your character is overly competent in combat, argument. I've really enjoyed the story so far so I may just plow through it since it sounds like it may be the shortest game so far.

Vice City -you mentioned playing it for story, and IMO GTA is one of the best examples of satire in video games. But that's just me.Oddly enough, I picked the game up more for the soundtrack (I love the 80s :love: ) and the silly senseless violence. :D

I'm just pissed at your library's sized you jerk :p

:p

I played the hell out of the demo, so I know its good to some extent. My only beef with the game is the fugly character designs. Its like half the cast is either using steroids and the other is smoking crack.

ya, but skip the first one :) it was ok, i played the whole game out but to be honest... i didnt get the story at all xD (mostly becuas there were no subtitles)
AC1 was alright, but like they said: to much repeat.

as for the 2nd: i found this the best one. to me it was totaly balanced

Brotherhood: it was a cool game. in the 2nd i wanted to ride horses in town, but in Brotherhood i 'regret' that. the horse in the city makes it to simple (plus the fact that u cant just run ppl over without conciquences >.<)..
But it kind of ruined it for me the moment u make the Brotherhood, and can 'summon' assassins to do the job for you... it made the game just to easy :S
p.s i really loved the multyplayer, its really one of a kind!!

I'm trying to get through AC1 so I can get to the better sequels cause I've read they fixed some of my bigger issues.

p.s. other good games i would recommend:
Uncharted
resident evil 5
naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 (only if u watch the anime, haha!!)I've been meaning to play through Uncharted, I've had the demo on my PS3 for a year now and still haven't gotten around to it yet to see if it is something I would like.

I've played RE5 and don't mind it, I've never been a big RE fan (I don't care for zombies) but I must say I agree with some people that its a better game when you play it co-op with another friend.

As for Naruto, I have actually played the demo. I'm impressed with what they did with the combat system and fighting arenas though I'm not big on 3D fighters. I've heard they finally put Pein into one of the console releases...

I've found a few other games I completely forgot to mention.

Yakuza 1
Okage: The Shadow King
Okami - I'm halfway through with this game.
Skies of Arcadia

Shlup
05-26-2011, 08:42 PM
I am now taking donations for the Get Wolfie a Prostitute Fund. PM me your donations.

Please, his very life is clearly at risk here.

Jessweeee♪
05-27-2011, 04:40 AM
I've only played AC1 and AC2 so far, and the improvement between the two is pretty amazing. They've completely done away with the whole repetitive check in/gather information/check in again/kill thing. The cities are much much bigger and brighter and more beautiful (Venice!), and Ezio is a much more interesting protagonist than Altair, and he can swim. Yes it's silly that he can swim with all of that junk he's carrying, but it's so much better than drowning in a knee deep fountain. Seriously! I think you have to die by falling off of a tall building into the fountain, but instead of Altair being all "ouch I fell" he starts freaking out because he's in water. And thank goodness they changed that, because instantly dying from touching water when the game is set in Italy would just be awful. AC2 is just better...everything. I think my favorite addition is the glyph puzzles. Had to look quite a few of them up though. I love Assassin's Creed's story, but I just can't play through the first one again because it's just so hard to deal with after enjoying AC2.

black orb
05-27-2011, 08:05 AM
>>> Mystic Quest.. I'm glad I was able to play it before I turned into a jaded gamer..:luca:

I'm not going into the game expecting much, I may spend most of my time laughing actually. :D
>>> Too bad you didnt played it earlier, I played that game expecting everything and i got the epic adventure of my life. Of course MQ was one of my first RPG with FF1..:luca:

Shaibana
05-27-2011, 02:12 PM
YouTube - &#x202a;ubisoft&#39;s Channel&#x202c;&rlm; (http://www.youtube.com/user/ubisoft?feature=mhee#p/u/2/o40yDA8Hu6Y)
Hurry up!! new assassins creed is comming :P

Laddy
05-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Okage is fun, Beyond Good and Evil is excellent, and Skies of Arcadia's pretty cool.