PDA

View Full Version : Leaked Video showing off Type 0 in action.

Wolf Kanno
05-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Watch it before SE finds it and blocks the link. (http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/2248.html)

I Don't Need A Name
05-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Certainly looks to be a good game. I have no clue on how the battle system works, from that clip, but my inability to read Japanese probably doesn't help that.

Jessweeee♪
05-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Nice o:

nirojan
05-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Aww you beat me to it!

I'm i little peeved about the random battles, but all in all I'm definitely looking forward to this! For those of you who dont have a PSP, you should be excited too! Sony just announced that they are remastering PSP titles in HD for PS3 and chances are Re-Re-Re-ReRelease KING Square Enix will pump this out on PS3 as well. Im astonished at how good it looks, love the battle system (bringing back the Crisis core-esque ARPG elements)! Background and design detail mirror it's HD console counter-part (not 1 to 1 obviously) which is impressive for the PSP!

Bahamut from Versus XIII makes his glorious return! I like how you can switch through character and it doesnt seem to be game over when lead dies. Also neat that party members dont go away when summon is used. Controllable airships ftw and I loved that airship battle sequence!

Yar
05-23-2011, 10:59 PM
Aw.. that's not what I imagined at all. :(

Depression Moon
05-23-2011, 11:10 PM
It looks alright.

Wolf Kanno
05-24-2011, 03:12 AM
It is looking good though, I'm not wild about the action RPG battle system but more importantly, I'm a bit concerned about the camera, its really jumpy and not as refined as I would like and that right there is not a good thing for an action game. Hopefully it will be fixed up before the final release but whatever, everything else looks fantastic, I love the airship battles and the style of the game so far.

Elpizo
05-24-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm surprised they have random battles in this day and age, with 99% of the gamers thinking of those as the worst sin mankind can commit. I like it, though, I fully approve of them. It all looks pretty good, though I don't really get how the battle system works. Like the airship design and airship battles, and a world map is lovely. I really have to invest in a PSP.

Big D
05-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Looks interesting, I like how it seems to combine elements from the old-school games, the PSX era, and more modern entries, while also bringing some new ideas to the table.

Aside from the moogles, I like its visual style too:D

Shaibana
05-24-2011, 06:45 PM
that looks interesting indeed.
they seemed to make the battle more like Crisis Core-ish?
hhmmm...dnt really know what to think about it, 7:40 playing like that with 2 characters more looks a bit messy xD than ill get that situation where im thinking: what the hell am i doing? hahaha..

Hmm.. by watching this i dont really know what to think of it :o

But anyway.. well see xD
p.s looks amazing for psp? :)

DMKA
05-25-2011, 01:00 AM
I heard the prelude that was in all the old FFs! :love:

Aside of that it doesn't really peak my interest. I liked it a lot more before I saw this video. I thought the battle system was more...traditional.

Not that I'd of played it anyway, being a PSP game and all.

Skyblade
05-25-2011, 04:27 PM
It is looking good though, I'm not wild about the action RPG battle system but more importantly, I'm a bit concerned about the camera, its really jumpy and not as refined as I would like and that right there is not a good thing for an action game. Hopefully it will be fixed up before the final release but whatever, everything else looks fantastic, I love the airship battles and the style of the game so far.

The camera seemed fine to me. The "jumpiness" seemed to occur only when he was switching targets or playable characters (and he switched targets a lot in the battles I saw, even when there was only one enemy left. Not sure why). It could use some work, but I don't think it'll be as bad as you expect.

I've never had a problem with random battles, and they have at least ditched the far worse gaming sin that Crisis Core had, which was a random battle system through the DMV.

And I seriously want to go back and play FFVIII now. The game had some problems, but I love the feel of Balamb Garden, and this video is bringing me back some serious nostalgic longing.

Oh, and the airship battle was interesting, but I think such battles will get old really fast since every enemy seems to die to a single homing missile. It will need some variety and at least some challenge to have good gameplay.

Roogle
05-26-2011, 11:17 PM
My first concerns in action role-playing games lies in the AI of the party members. Will party members be controllable or will we have to rely on a shoddy AI to have them perform in battle? If party members are controllable, then I wish they would add two player functionality like Secret of Mana or something like that. It would be a big improvement over the types of games that they are releasing nowadays.

Del Murder
05-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Looks fun, though I wish it was turn-based instead of action RPG. :( Like Roogle I am concerned about the AI of the other party members in an action RPG. It would be great if it were like Secret of Mana where you could easily switch between members and control their actions via the menu but I feel like those things are of the past.