PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Wiki

Depression Moon
05-23-2011, 10:07 PM
I just wanted to let you guys know that there are some errors on the wiki site.

I discovered this today Alluring Rider - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Critic) The PS version have a censored pic for Critic. I am sure that when I played my copy of FFVI in Anthology that the pic wasn't censored. I think I saw something else concerning IX's page, but I can't remember it right now. Also for some weird reason somebody listed General Leo as being the first black character.

Maybe I should've posted this in the Feedback section.

Rantz
05-23-2011, 10:21 PM
We are not affiliated with Final Fantasy Wiki or responsible for any misinformation on it. It is, however, a wiki, which means that anyone can edit it - you as well, if you have some information you'd like to correct.

Jiro
05-24-2011, 02:09 AM
In Amano sketches Leo is black, hence him being the first black character despite his sprite.

Depression Moon
05-24-2011, 03:13 AM
Just because something's colored black doesn't make it black. Indians, some hispanics, and native Australians skin can be that dark too. The drawing doesn't really show any black features. Looks to me just like a dark colored white guy.

Jiro
05-24-2011, 03:32 AM
Going off the amano chibi sketch (http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/1/17/Leo_Chibi.jpg) I would say he's of a descent which has naturally quite dark skin. Whether this is equivalent to a real-world African country or Australia (full blood Aboriginal people can be darker than a lot of african people btw) is uncertain, but I don't think it needs to reflect anything too specific. "Black" doesn't necessarily denote him being of a specific race, more a general (pun intended) "he's not caucasian".

Del Murder
05-24-2011, 08:16 PM
I always like to think of him as Maori. I feel that the Maori don't get any representation in video games. Except for, of course, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

Hollycat
05-24-2011, 09:05 PM
I changed the Viera page just yesterday

Jiro
05-25-2011, 04:28 AM
I always like to think of him as Maori. I feel that the Maori don't get any representation in video games. Except for, of course, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

I fucking love Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. Leo can be Maori then, I should add that to their wiki.

Wolf Kanno
05-26-2011, 07:34 PM
If you read the paragraph on the Critic/Alluring Rider. They actually mention she's uncensored in the Anthology release (unless you or someone recent just edited it but it doesn't look to be the case) they just happen to still be using the SNES picture for some unknown reason.

The Leo issue comes mostly from the picture of his Chibi artwork as has been pointed out. Whether he's actually the first black character is up in the air imo, but the chibi artwork is convincing and his normal picture gives him darker skin tone than everyone else in the cast who is pale white, it is not far fetched to believe he not Caucasian.

Depression Moon
05-26-2011, 09:20 PM
I did just do that, but I couldn't figure out how to change the pic for the PS tab. I just copied the GBA image code and replaced GBA with PS, but it sill shows the SNES pic for some reason.