PDA

View Full Version : Omg, the pain!!!!!

Værn
05-24-2011, 09:03 AM
So I have this absurd toothache out of nowhere. It's 4:00 AM and I have virtually no hope of being able to see a dentist for at least two days. Anyone know of anything to do about it besides putting ice on it and hoping it goes away? Besides, you know, ripping my tooth out... that doesn't sound too bad, now that I mention it...

NorthernChaosGod
05-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Get drunk.

Alive-Cat
05-24-2011, 09:14 AM
You're on the right track, rip that tooth out! The less teeth you have, the less pain you are likely to experience in the future. :greenie:

Chris
05-24-2011, 10:48 AM
I usually just pop a couple of painkillers, as they provide the welcome relief I crave, until I am able to see a dentist. Tootache is quite possibly the most annoying kind of pain there is. Also, do not pull out your teeth, and to even jest about it, makes me reel in shock and horror. :D

Værn
05-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Well, after about two hours I think I've successfully managed to make it go away. Or at least dull it enough to maybe be able to fall asleep. I'll keep some pills on hand, but I've only tried using painkillers once before and they did absolutely nothing so I'd rather not put much faith in these things x.x

Jiro
05-24-2011, 12:56 PM
I usually just poop a couple of painkillers,

what I read

thread over for me

Big D
05-25-2011, 10:06 AM
If it's getting swollen or inflamed, see your doctor. As soon as possible. If there's inflammation it's likely to be infected and will keep getting worse. If so, your doctor should be able to prescribe painkillers and antibiotics.

If the tooth need to be pulled but your face is too swollen up, your dentist won't be able to perform an extraction so you'll just be waiting longer anyway.

I had a sudden and serious infection in a wisdom tooth a few years ago. It took very little time for the infection to affect half my face; it had very nearly reached the glands in my neck before the antibiotics took effect. Not something that should be underestimated.

escobert
05-25-2011, 12:18 PM
I had a few abscess teethe over the years. It sucks ass but just gotta go to the dentists and get some meds.

Shiny
05-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Just deal with the pain or take pain killers like a real woman. Men are such pansies when it comes to physical pain.

NorthernChaosGod
05-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Just deal with the pain or take pain killers like a real woman. Men are such pansies when it comes to physical pain.

I know! Always complaining about cramps and bloating. Oh wait...

Jiro
05-26-2011, 03:01 AM
You're playing with fire there brotherman

NorthernChaosGod
05-26-2011, 03:06 AM
*ahem*

I'm have more strength than a raging fire.

Jiro
05-26-2011, 11:18 AM
:up: well played sir :hattip:

escobert
05-26-2011, 11:54 AM

F U

Laddy
05-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Sticks and stone may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me~.

I'm actually really good with pain. Just block it out and do something like watch a movie or play a game, it makes it feel less intense.