PDA

View Full Version : 'Remakes' of Final Fantasy music with FFVI midi

nik0tine
05-25-2011, 03:52 PM
I just stumbled across some of the most unique youtube content I have ever seen. Someone has re-orchestrated music from other FF titles using the midi sounds available in FFVI. There are a lot of them, too. Here is the link to the midified rendition of the FF7 overworld theme. Check it out!

YouTube - ‪Final Fantasy VII Main Theme Final Fantasy VI Remake‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n48u--kyMNc&feature=related)

blackmage_nuke
05-25-2011, 09:07 PM
That is brilliant, I quite like force your way from VIII

In terms of sound engine FFVI didnt really stand out to me but he's done this quite well.

Rostum
05-25-2011, 11:16 PM
So they just threw the midi file in to FFVI's sound engine? Not really that impressed.

nik0tine
05-26-2011, 12:06 AM
So they just threw the midi file in to FFVI's sound engine? Not really that impressed.The person who did this would have had to orchestrate the entire thing manually, I believe. Still not very impressive since he didn't actually make anything original, but there aren't many people (relatively speaking) with the skill set to do this. I find the end results to be rather interesting, though.

Fynn
05-26-2011, 07:58 AM
It would have been more interesting if he/she arranged the pieces to be of the same artistic style as FFVI. Now it's just different MIDI sounds.

Depression Moon
05-26-2011, 10:45 PM
The Madain Sari one is horrible.

Jessweeee♪
05-27-2011, 04:23 AM
FFVII's soundtrack is similar to FFVI's so it fits well, but I don't think it really suits some of the other themes.

KentaRawr!
05-27-2011, 06:06 PM
This has been getting popular lately. I first noticed people doing it with classic MegaMan songs being done with MegaMan X2's sounds.

Roogle
05-31-2011, 09:45 PM
I enjoy hearing the different takes on battle themes like Force Your Way through the sound engine of Final Fantasy VI. I enjoy any remix of a battle theme these days. These videos have been around for a while, though, so I wonder why they are suddenly getting so much attention? How did you hear about this video originally?