PDA

View Full Version : Unreleased areas... hacked into? Or something.

Ouch!
05-26-2011, 03:05 PM
This guy has been pretty busy. He's found his way into a number of existing but inaccessible areas. (http://www.ffxivpro.com/forum/topic/22070/exploring-the-secrets-of-eorzea-never-before-see/#1330581)

*Devore*
05-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Looks cool, i hope SE dont take to long before opening it up.

But I wonder if those locations are void of monsters and ncp's because the areas are locked so theres no need weighed down servers with unused content. Or if the content isnt finished so they locked it to stop people from find out.

Loony BoB
05-26-2011, 07:28 PM
I can't see them opening up much in the way of new areas (dungeons aside) until they are happy with their battle system and so forth. They will probably save new areas for future expansions once we're actually paying them money.

They look neat, though.

nirojan
05-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Wow those areas look really cool and places I'd like to explore. Hopefully they'll open them up soon!

Ouch!
05-26-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm with BoB on this one; I wouldn't expect them to release additional areas until they're satisfied with current content. I might not be surprised to see them to hold off on this stuff and release a small expansion concurrent with the PS3 launch the same way that Rise of the Zilart was released when Final Fantasy XI went live outside of Japan.