PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Entertainment Expodition 2011

Carl the Llama
05-26-2011, 10:37 PM
[TR][TD]Well its only 12 days till E3 2011 goes live, what are you guys hoping for this year? I hope for some news about KH3 and FFXIII-2, thoughts?

Yar
05-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Couldn't care less about Square tbh. The only thing I might possibly be remotely interested in is a sequel to a game that only a minority of people liked. :confused:

Crossing my fingers for some sweet new PS3 games. I don't play video games much anymore to be honest. :p

Nifleheim7
05-26-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm looking forward the most for more info about these games:
Dark Souls
Armored Core 5
Final Fantasy VS XIII
The Last Guardian
Uncharted 3

I'm also looking forward for new game announcements,western release announcements,and the presentation of the new Nintendo console and Sony's NGP.

Wolf Kanno
05-27-2011, 12:10 AM
More info on Type 0 and DQ10 are about the only upcoming releases from SE that I care about and are also within sight of seeing a release soon. I don't care about XIII-2 (I'd rather hear it got cancelled to be honest) and Versus XIII probably won't be talked about much. We'll have to wait for TGS 2011 for info on that game.

Beyond that, I'd like to hear more about how Xenoblade Chronicles is coming along (and an official US release date), maybe hear Nintendo announce a US/PAL release date for The Last Story, some info on Demon's Souls 2 and maybe get a short teaser trailer for Persona 5. Maybe get some info on titles that were announced for the 3DS and hopefully hear some future title announcements for the PSP2 (I can't even remember its actual title) that will make me actually care about it.

In the end it will mostly be looking for obscure games at the show that get little attention cause nothing major is coming out I'm interested in.

Shattered Dreamer
05-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Metal Gear Rising :bigsmile:

Flying Arrow
05-27-2011, 01:13 AM
I'm not really invested in anything for this year. All my anticipated games (Deus Ex, Batman, and Skyrim) are coming out in either Q3 or 4 of this year. There is literally nothing else of interest for me past those. 2012's gonna be pretty dry for me, I think.

DMKA
05-27-2011, 01:35 AM
I am looking forward to seeing as much as possible from:

Adrift
Agent
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
BioShock: Infinite
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
DmC
Duke Nukem Forever
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Journey
The Last Guardian
Mass Effect 3
Ninja Gaiden III
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
Tomb Raider
Twisted Metal
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

This may be my most anticipated E3 yet. :love:

G13
05-27-2011, 01:36 AM
As of right now Assassin's Creed: Revelations is all I care about.

Jessweeee♪
05-27-2011, 04:17 AM
Mass Effect 3 and FFXIII universe stuff. Assassin's Creed interests me, but the last Game Informer apparently had a major Brotherhood spoiler in it, and so I've been too scared to read any news about the latest anywhere ever because I still haven't played Brotherhood :(

Jiro
05-27-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm just going to keep trying to catch up on the old stuff. :(

Shattered Dreamer
05-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Wait forgot Batman Arkham City & Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim :bigsmile:

Polnareff
05-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Any Capcom games that are there, Arkham City, and I'm hoping for a localization announcement for Ninokuni. That's pretty much it.

Loony BoB
05-27-2011, 12:55 PM
I know some of these likely won't be at E3, but on the vague possibility that there is anything out there then these are the games I will check out info for...

Very Interested
Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fatnasy Versus XIII
Deux Ex: Human Revolution
Uncharted 3
Resistance 3
Mass Effect 3
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Batman: Arkham City
Football Manager 2012
Duke Nukem Forever

Slightly Interested
Minecraft
Journey
Age of Empire Online
The Last Guardian
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection
Jurassic Park: The Game
Tomb Raider
Rage
BioShock: Infinite

Shauna
05-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Man, I totally forgot about Bioshock: Infinite. I hope we hear something about it. Excite.

Jiro
05-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Oh yeah Skyrim.

Pheesh
05-27-2011, 05:59 PM
The Old Republic is top of the list for me.

Madame Adequate
05-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm hoping to hear something about Dead State. I doubt the Xenonauts guys have enough clout to make it, but maybe they'll release something new around that time to capitalize on the fuss.

Other than that I'm just eager to see what comes out of it, I'm not looking at any specific game too strongly.

Oh, and Maxis are hiring a half-dozen big shots right now. Ideally they're going to bust in saying "Here is SimCity 5, it's so complex that Dwarf Fortress looks small-time." but I ain't holding my breath.

Edit: I was right not to hold my breath.

http://uk.kotaku.com/5806136/simcity-is-coming-back-but-you-may-not-like-how

black orb
05-27-2011, 11:44 PM
>>> I`d love to go to that E3 place atleast once in my life..:luca:

Oh yeah, about this year games....

I dont care..

Freya
05-28-2011, 09:24 AM
I'm interested in this whole Next Gen Nintendo console thing I keep hearing murmurs about.

DMKA
05-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Oh yeah, about this year games....

I dont care..

I jelly.

I spend way too much money on games anymore.

Depression Moon
05-28-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm tired of new consoles.

Dreddz
05-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Would be very interested to see what Agent is all about. Agent always seemed like a pretty significant game in Sonys stable considering its being developed by Rockstar North.

Depression Moon
05-29-2011, 05:27 PM
When's this supposed to start?

Rocket Edge
05-29-2011, 05:59 PM
KH3. I really miss playing those games. Tekken Tag 2... that's about it.

Carl the Llama
05-30-2011, 01:22 PM
[TR][TD]

June 7-9th are the dates.

Depression Moon
06-01-2011, 07:42 PM
YouTube - ‪Batman: Arkham City - Official Gameplay Trailer‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWF8uu_6DvA&NR=1) YouTube - ‪Batman: Arkham City Catwoman Trailer‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_bYGcCzbkg&feature=player_embedded#at=117)

Ouch!
06-01-2011, 09:30 PM
French sauce, in case anyone can read that. (http://www.p-nintendo.com/news/N-1064080983.html)
Apparently Aonuma confirmed the announcement of an all-new Zelda title (not Skyward Sword, mind) for E3.

Nifleheim7
06-01-2011, 11:46 PM
French sauce, in case anyone can read that. (http://www.p-nintendo.com/news/N-1064080983.html)
Apparently Aonuma confirmed the announcement of an all-new Zelda title (not Skyward Sword, mind) for E3.

I hope it's for Cafe.

Flying Arrow
06-02-2011, 06:27 AM
YouTube - ‪Batman: Arkham City - Official Gameplay Trailer‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWF8uu_6DvA&NR=1) YouTube - ‪Batman: Arkham City Catwoman Trailer‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_bYGcCzbkg&feature=player_embedded#at=117)

There is no way this game will not be amazing.

Freya
06-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Interesting things so far. Halo 4?! and omg ME3 melted my face off!

I Don't Need A Name
06-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Battlefield 3 has annihilated Modern Warfare 3. Hopefully this will finally kill Call of Duty. The FMV for The Old Republic was epic, but still no gameplay or release date...

Psychotic
06-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Microsoft: We're actually Nintendo!

Honestly, if it wasn't for the quality of Xbox Live that's exactly who they'd be. Halo is now Zelda.

NorthernChaosGod
06-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Why is there a new Halo game coming out?! :nonono:

Depression Moon
06-06-2011, 10:08 PM
There is? Nerd raaaaaage!

Also who's doing coverage this year? E3 starts tomorrow right? I need to be prepared.

ljkkjlcm9
06-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Microsoft offered me nothing unexpected or spectacular. Of course, I already suspected they would come in 3rd this E3. Halo remake and Halo 4 are meh... but I guess if you're a 360 owner, it's one of those big franchises you probably bought it for.

THE JACKEL

I Don't Need A Name
06-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Ubisoft...What. The. Hell?

Iceglow
06-07-2011, 12:00 AM
There is? Nerd raaaaaage!

Also who's doing coverage this year? E3 starts tomorrow right? I need to be prepared.

There isn't just one Halo game coming, theres more. First up in November this year we have the Halo CE Anniversary edition which basically means take Halo Reach mechanics and graphics, re-master the original Halo Combat Evolved to run with it, from what they showed assassinations are definitely in but I don't know about armour abilities. Re-mastering the game like that could work in the armour abilities very nicely, especially considering the way Reach ran so well. Then at the very end before the Halo 4 trailer ran they confirmed Halo 4 is the first part of a new trilogy of Halo games on the Xbox 360. Halo 4 hits the shelves "holiday" 2012. I guess by holiday they mean Christmas but they could also refer to Thanksgiving or even just the time of year when Bill Gates decides he's a little bored of California and goes to the Bahamas.

Depression Moon
06-07-2011, 12:05 AM
[TR][TD]

I'm gonna get you sucka!

DMKA
06-07-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm confused...I thought it started tomorrow?

Also, Microsoft was embarrassing last year as I expect them to be this year. They haven't beat the trainwreck of a press conference that was Sony 2006 (will anything ever?) but I have faith they will come closer with time.

Depression Moon
06-07-2011, 12:39 AM
It was today which is why I posted what I posted.

NorthernChaosGod
06-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Isn't it too soon for a Halo: CE remake? :|

Slothy
06-07-2011, 02:05 AM

It's never too soon to milk a popular franchise for all it's worth on it's ten year anniversary.

Depression Moon
06-07-2011, 02:19 AM
sONY LOOKING GOOD RIGHT NOW.

Madame Adequate
06-07-2011, 02:31 AM
ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY USD
FOUR HUNDRED NINETY NINE USD
COMPARE TROLLFACES ON VIDA
PSVIDA HAS NOVIDAGAEMS
VIDA CONFIRMED FOR CASUAL, TOUCH SCREEN TO BEAT GAME

Depression Moon
06-07-2011, 02:35 AM
Ruin? Isn't this made by Square? Edit: Whoops nope.

I think Sony rides on LBP too much. I like my crack but sometimes I get weary of crack.

NorthernChaosGod
06-07-2011, 03:30 AM

It's never too soon to milk a popular franchise for all it's worth on it's ten year anniversary.

They're probably not even going to keep the awesome fucking pistol. :mad2:

ljkkjlcm9
06-07-2011, 03:38 AM
I am happy the God of War PSP games are getting Remastered for the PS3. I never owned a PSP so I'll get to play them now.

The 3-d TV combo isn't too bad, and that split screen, or should I say NOT split screen tech is pretty awesome, even though I had heard about it before, it's another thing for them to actually show it.

THE JACKEL

Jessweeee♪
06-07-2011, 04:11 AM
I see they're adding voice recognition for the dialogue wheel and other things in ME3. How adorable.

Pheesh
06-07-2011, 04:27 AM
Yeah, that true co-op tv thing is pretty amazing and the vita also seems pretty cool.

Does Square have a mini conference or anything? I know they revealed XIII-2 but I'm watching for more Deus Ex and anything Kingdom Hearts.

Also, no release date for The Old Republic pisses me of to no end. Not cool Bioware, not cool (another awesome trailer though xD)

Loony BoB
06-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Have only been able to briefly check things out this morning before rushing to work but so far, Skyrim looks better and better while Uncharted 3 will have Chloe in it and therefore I'm happy enough. Hope to have a bit of time today to read up on the other things before checking out more videos when I get home.

Iceglow
06-07-2011, 01:07 PM

According to the video footage I saw, it's going to use the Halo Reach mechanics, graphics and physics. This would indicate that there might also be more Halo Reach weaponry interred within. This means by default that the magnum will still be 2x scopable as it is in Halo Reach. Quit your Jibba Jabber fool.

Slothy
06-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Quit your Jibba Jabber fool.

Ironic!

But seriously, just because they're reusing the game engine from Reach does not automatically mean reusing all of it's assets like weapons and what not. I would think they'd do well not to simply make Reach with new (old?) levels and consider it done, so you can't really assume anything.

And that's about all I'll say on the matter since I have no desire to get dragged into a debate around Halo. I hated the first three games so an announcement of more, including a remake of the first doesn't interest me.

Depression Moon
06-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Wii U? What an awful name.

Ouch!
06-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Nintendo just rocked my fucking world.

KentaRawr!
06-07-2011, 06:39 PM
I want to know more about Skyward Sword!

Slothy
06-07-2011, 07:09 PM
That has to be the ugliest, most awkward looking controller I've ever seen.

And am I the only one who thought consolified DS when they heard about this?

Anyway, I'm not even sure what to think. I couldn't care less about this controller until I see actual good uses for it. I can think of some uses off hand, but nothing that would really justify holding something so massive for hours on end. Until I see actual games using it I'll remain firmly on the fence on this one.

Psychotic
06-07-2011, 07:30 PM
That has to be the ugliest, most awkward looking controller I've ever seen.Dunno, it looks very clean and stylish to me. Although I bet it costs a fucking fortune.

Ouch!
06-07-2011, 07:43 PM
First impressions on the Wii U are in. (http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1173582p1.html)

Slothy
06-07-2011, 07:55 PM
That has to be the ugliest, most awkward looking controller I've ever seen.Dunno, it looks very clean and stylish to me. Although I bet it costs a fucking fortune.

I was speaking ergonomically though. When I look at that, the last thing entering my mind is "that looks so comfortable! I bet you could hold it for hours with no trouble at all." It just looks really uncomfortable to me when compared to a standard controller. Unless it's deeper than it looks and has a more ergonomic shape underneath I can't imagine holding it being the pleasure it is to have a DS3 or 360 pad in your hands.

Ouch!
06-07-2011, 08:04 PM
You could try reading the article right above your post in which the first people you use the controller are saying it actually works well. "The tablet itself appears large, but is actually quite comfortable to grip. The two sliders both being located at the top of the tablet make holding it considerably easier."

Wolf Kanno
06-07-2011, 08:13 PM
The tablet controller looks... interesting. Wii U is not the name I would have chosen but it looks interesting. I'll wait though, I feel we need to see some better uses for the controller but I am happy Nintendo decided to go back to the GBA/Gamecube set-up cause despite being impractical to acquire all he elements. It was a fun experience to play through. New Mario Bros for the 3DS looks good, wish we got more Zelda: Skyward Sword.

PS Vita looks interesting as well but besides a price and a new name, nothing we didn't already know. I'll wait to it finally carries games I want to get excited for it. Is it sad the only announcement from Sony that got me really happy was a fourth Sly Cooper game?

NorthernChaosGod
06-07-2011, 08:19 PM

According to the video footage I saw, it's going to use the Halo Reach mechanics, graphics and physics. This would indicate that there might also be more Halo Reach weaponry interred within. This means by default that the magnum will still be 2x scopable as it is in Halo Reach. Quit your Jibba Jabber fool.
It doesn't kill in three shots, douche. :mad2:

Depression Moon
06-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Ayone here have a non youtube linnk to the capcom stream?

Del Murder
06-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Nintendo contiues to be the pioneers and risk-takers of the industry. I hope it pays off for them again. At first glance the tablet controller looks awkward but it sounds like it handles fine. I'm excited to see what they can do with this new system. I'd also be shocked if it retails at anything below $300. My guess is $399 with new controllers being $100 easy.

Madame Adequate
06-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Worst. E3. Ever. After Microsoft and Sony all my hopes were riding on Nintendo, and they turned around and trolled so hard.

Agent Proto
06-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Wii U Demo. (http://nintendoeverything.com/66324/)

I haven't really paid too much attention to E3, like always, but Nintendo usually grabs most of my attention. Anyway, I'm not too keen on the name Wii U, but whatever. Watching this video makes the new controller look awesome. I hope it's not $100 like Del suggested. :(

Slothy
06-07-2011, 09:49 PM
You could try reading the article right above your post in which the first people you use the controller are saying it actually works well. "The tablet itself appears large, but is actually quite comfortable to grip. The two sliders both being located at the top of the tablet make holding it considerably easier."

I did and I won't be convinced until I hold one for myself. The opinions of someone else don't amount to much as far as how it will feel in my hands when you consider I have a friend who finds the original Xbox controller comfy.

I also have no doubt that it's as comfortable as it can be compared to a tablet or something similar, but that's not what I'm comparing it to. I'm comparing it to a standard controller and I really have a hard time believing that will sit as comfortably in my hands as a Dual Shock or 360 pad.

Miriel
06-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Hah, I totally had an idea like this new Wii controller back when the first ipad was released.

This looks totally clunky and silly and the possible applications for the thing seem limited right now, but the actual technology behind it is freakin' awesome and I don't doubt for a single second that it's the future of gaming. It makes total sense for the tablet/touch technology to be applied for gaming purposes. In fact, I'm surprised that it's taken this long for the major players to jump on board.

I wouldn't buy the first generation of something like this though, it looks way unpolished. Nintendo should take some lessons from Apple on how to blow people out of the water when announcing something like this. The initial reaction seems to be largely negative (at least from people who weren't there at E3 for the demos).

I'm really excited to see where they go with this.

Bolivar
06-07-2011, 10:08 PM
I honestly can't believe the PlayStation Vita doesn't cost $499. It's really good to see Sony rediscovering what made them successful in the first place. Competitive pricing being Lesson #1. Also really happy about the line up between Uncharted, Ruin, Dust 514, and being able to "Transfarr" lol Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 HD.

Carl the Llama
06-08-2011, 12:06 AM
[TR][TD]

[TR][TD]

I'm gonna get you sucka!

I actually thought the thing was on the 7th to the 9th, its what google said.

Evastio
06-08-2011, 12:58 AM
I must say, Wii U's controller definitely has me suprised. I was thinking they'd go for a controller with both the conventional button layout and motion controls, but I didn't think they'd go with a tablet. Though this definitely will open up a lot of different ways to play, for both traditional games and motion games. I really like how it's like a Classic Controller (with the button setup) and a Wii Remote (that registers motion controls) in one.

And for those of you hating on the Wii U right now, don't go dismissing it too quickly. Touch screen Portables and Motion Controllers were first implemented by Nintendo and were also ridiculed at first, but look at where they are now. Microsoft also implemented Motion Controls through Kinect and Sony used both motion controls (through Playstation Move) and touch screens (with the PSP Go and PSP Vita).

Worst. E3. Ever. After Microsoft and Sony all my hopes were riding on Nintendo, and they turned around and trolled so hard.
It's just the first day of Nintendo's E3. I hope you realize that. Do you really think that's everything major they're releasing this year? They haven't even announced any new DS or Wii titles yet. I for one, am wanting to see some gameplay and new details of Kirby Wii, especially now that I know it has four player co-op with Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandanna Dee.

Polnareff
06-08-2011, 01:46 AM
@Depression Moon, the Capcom stream is on Capcom-Unity and SNK-Capcom.com.

All I can say is, Capcom is getting all my extra money next year. Dragon's Dogma, Street Fighter x Tekken, the new Resident Evil games, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, and so many others.

Street Fighter x Tekken stole the show for me though. I mean just look at this.
YouTube - ‪E3: Street Fighter X Tekken trailer!‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3awYS1hKoA)

I didn't really care about anything else at E3 so far other than the PSVita, the new Wii's controller, and Battlefield 3. Truly, this has been a really boring E3 so far.

Rostum
06-08-2011, 02:42 AM
Nintendo just rocked my smurfing world.

This. But really hard.

I did and I won't be convinced until I hold one for myself. The opinions of someone else don't amount to much as far as how it will feel in my hands when you consider I have a friend who finds the original Xbox controller comfy.

I also have no doubt that it's as comfortable as it can be compared to a tablet or something similar, but that's not what I'm comparing it to. I'm comparing it to a standard controller and I really have a hard time believing that will sit as comfortably in my hands as a Dual Shock or 360 pad.

Yes, let's condem it before you yourself can try it. Despite others saying it's surprisingly comfortable. I'm not saying anything you've said is invalid, it's just why not show a hint of optimism before you try it, rather than just sounding completely jaded?

Nintendo contiues to be the pioneers and risk-takers of the industry.

...but the actual technology behind it is freakin' awesome and I don't doubt for a single second that it's the future of gaming. It makes total sense for the tablet/touch technology to be applied for gaming purposes. In fact, I'm surprised that it's taken this long for the major players to jump on board.

Totally! I was really eager to see what Nintendo had to show, since they seem to always be a step ahead of the rest in terms of innovation (whether good or bad). As Miriel said, I'd probably wait for the next revision of it to consider getting it (much like my feelings for the 3DS)..

Super Mario 3DS looks pretty awesome too, I'm loving the racoon suit Mario is sporting. :)

Evastio
06-08-2011, 03:23 AM
I forgot to comment on New Super Mario Bros. Mii. Apparently, it's not even confirmed to be a game release yet, and is said only to be a Wii U demo, but I really hope they release it. If not, I at least hope they'll have another 2D multiplayer Mario game. New Super Mario Bros. Wii fulfilled my 15 year long dream of being able to play a sidescrolling co-op Mario game.

Anyways, here's some Kirby Wii (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ6So_WKlu8&feature=player_embedded) and Kirby Mass Attack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLYXss2U39Y&feature=player_embedded) Gameplay footage. Those 3 games are what I look forward to the most from Nintendo's E3 Conference.

I was kind of hoping for an F-Zero release, though hopefully one will be announced during the next two days.

Slothy
06-08-2011, 03:55 AM
Yes, let's condem it before you yourself can try it. Despite others saying it's surprisingly comfortable. I'm not saying anything you've said is invalid, it's just why not show a hint of optimism before you try it, rather than just sounding completely jaded?

I've already said I'm on the fence regarding its gaming capabilities and await seeing what companies do with it to see if it's really interesting.

As far as how comfortable it is to hold though, sorry, but I can get a pretty good idea of whether I'll enjoy holding it from looking at it's shape thanks. I don't doubt it will be easier to hold and more comfortable than your standard tablet, thanks in part to that lip on the back so it rests on your fingers and let's you easily find the right hand position.

But that's not saying much because I find tablets, and similar shaped objects to be very annoying to hold for any length of time. Look at the shape of this thing and tell me it's ergonomic. Tell me it conforms to a shape that human hands easily and naturally wrap around. It doesn't. That's indisputable really. This thing was not made to be held in the most comfortable way possible by the human hand. This isn't condemning it, it's stating a simple fact based on the shape of the controller as shown at E3. If I should feel differently when I actually hold it then I will gladly eat my words, but as it is, that controller throws out everything console makers have learned about controller ergonomics in the last 30 years and not for the better if you ask me.

And I'd also like to hear why I should be optimistic about the shape of a controller. If it looks uncomfortable, and if objects of similar size and shape are actually uncomfortable to hold for long periods, why would I be optimistic about it? I'm not even against the entire controller, I simply feel the shape is less than ideal. Not sure when expressing a sentiment like that started to mean one was completely jaded.

Shoeberto
06-08-2011, 04:06 AM
I wouldn't buy the first generation of something like this though, it looks way unpolished. Nintendo should take some lessons from Apple on how to blow people out of the water when announcing something like this. The initial reaction seems to be largely negative (at least from people who weren't there at E3 for the demos).

Console launch is still over a year away, so they have a lot of time for refinement. I think they probably premiered it so early in order to gauge reactions and make changes early. They sort of did the same thing for the original Wiimote.

I think it looks pretty awesome though. My coworkers and I definitely had no clue if it was supposed to be a new system or not and apparently some livebloggers thought the same :) I was excited to see its line up for third party titles. Very interesting :)

Carl the Llama
06-08-2011, 10:18 AM
[TR][TD]

Aside from the fact that people are not going to be playing with the pad for any length of time, there is one other point: do your really trust the words of people who love to suck up to the games companies? If Nintendo made a pad that was entirely useless do you really think people at E3 are going to voice their opinion? To be perfectly frank Nintendo could make a pad out of... a bottle, and Nintendo groupies would still gush over it, but I believe the hint is in the way they say its "quite" comfortable, sure it will be quite comfortable to hold for a few minutes but after an hour or so I would be surprised if it didn't become quite uncomfortable.

Also where do you think he sounds completely jaded? I reread his entire post after I saw you say that and I have to say I have no idea where you got THAT idea from.

Aside from that I think had I be the designer of the Wii U pad I would have made it something like this: http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/2238/0mypadsample.jpg

Lets face it, despite what others say about Sony you cannot deny they know how to make a comfortable pad.

Loony BoB
06-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Out of curiosity, what were you hoping for from each of the three manufacturers to make this the worst ever? It seems pretty much on par with the last couple of years.

Polnareff
06-08-2011, 12:27 PM
I know in my case, there were way too many shooters announced again.

At least Nintendo had something other than that, and so did Capcom.

Loony BoB
06-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Shooters sell due to the high demand, so it makes sense that a large portion of games are shooters. That's the devs responding to the fans. There were a lot of non-shooters around E3, though. Skyrim, FFXIII-2, Batman: Arkham City, Street Fighter X Tekken, FIFA 12, Madden NFL 12, NFS: The Run, The Last Guardian, Ico/Colossus Collection, Star Wars: The Old Republic, SSX, a couple of Ace Combat games, Fable: The Journey, Forza 4, various Kinect games, Ridge Racer Unbounded, a couple of other Tekken games, over a dozen Nintendo games (which are almost never shooters), Shinobi on 3DS, Sonic Generations, Journey, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, Twisted Metal, some wrestling games, Lego City Stories, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Just Dance 3, Rayman Origins, The Lord of the Rings: War in the North... that's just a quick check, mind you, and I don't know how many of these were "just announced at E3" or if they have been around for ages already.

Depression Moon
06-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Can Nintendo go 3 years without making a Mario game?

Loony BoB
06-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Have they gone one year without making one?

EDIT: Answer - No. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mario_video_games_by_year)

DMKA
06-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Blah, I have no interest in the Wii U (seriously Nintendo, that's the best name you could come up with?) or the Vita or whatever they said it was called.

At least some of the games Sony and Nintendo showed off looked interesting. Microsoft's conference just made me cringe.

I'm sure Nintendo fans and Sony fans (particulary, PSP fans) are pleased beyond measure though. The Vita definitely looks like an impressive gadget but sadly I've never been much of a handheld gamer. Although if what they're saying is true, that it's basically a handheld PS3 (which is really what it looks like) then that may change.

Pike
06-08-2011, 03:44 PM
I wasn't super impressed with anything at E3, but then again these days all I really play and get excited about are games that are cherrypicked from a fairly limited selection of genres so really anything short of a SMAC remake or something is going to leave me bored. I also only play PC stuff anymore, not really out of choice but out of utility.

I said this same thing on Facebook and was promptly indirectly labeled a hipster for it, so I guess I also need to start wearing a scarf and drinking Starbucks while playing my old strategy vidya gaems.

KentaRawr!
06-08-2011, 04:17 PM
For some reason I'm really lacking energy this E3. However, I can say that I'm really interested in the PSVita, and to a much lesser extent, the WiiU. Pretty interested in all this Tekken stuff everywhere, though. I really liked the WiiU's thirdparty trailer

Edit: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-soul-calibur/715411 Whee soul calibur
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-dragons-crown/715450
Edit 2: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-dark-souls/715391 Whee Dark Souls

Edit 3: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-dragons-crown/715450 Whee Dragon Crown from creators of Odin Sphere and Muramasa for the PSVita

Edit 4: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-devil-may/715167 Whee DMC with neat music

Edit 5: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-street-fighter/715452 Wheee interview concerning Street Fighter X Tekken Gameplay

Jessweeee♪
06-08-2011, 04:20 PM
I have zero interest in any of these new consoles because I'm still catching up on the current stuff I can't afford xD

Shattered Dreamer
06-08-2011, 04:33 PM
No news on Metal Gear Rising, news on games I already knew about (Although Skyrim looks unreal & I'm excited for Prototype 2) & Nintendo superglued an iPad to a PS3 controller & only now have created a console anywhere near in power to the 360 or PS3 how many years on? For shame E3 for shame! Thank god I don't really get too excited about games related news these days :lol:

KentaRawr!
06-08-2011, 04:51 PM
In this new Zelda game it seems like Zelda's just Link's friend, not a princess. Take a look at this:

The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword Video Game, E3 2011: Story Interview (Stream) | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-zelda-skyward/715139)

When he catches the statue, he says "Wait till Zelda sees this!"

And in the trailer when Zelda gets zomg eaten by a whale, she definitely doesn't look like a Princess. And since this game apparently explores the origins of the Master Sword, maybe it'll explore Hyrule's history too.

And I like how some interviews are saying it'll be structured like a Metroidvania, too.

Madame Adequate
06-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Out of curiosity, what were you hoping for from each of the three manufacturers to make this the worst ever? It seems pretty much on par with the last couple of years.

From MS and Sony, I was hoping for at least something that wasn't Kinect or Move. The Vita wasn't bad, to be fair, but it really just looks like PSP2: Touch Screen to Win edition. No need for finesse or accuracy or timing, just tap wherever you want Drake to go and he will. That said, what the ModNation Racers guys are doing is impressive and top shelf; as Pike said when we were watching it, someone needs to make a Theme Park/RCT game using that method of drawing tracks.

As for Nintendo, well, I wasn't expecting much, but after the first two failed so miserably to excite me, it was all down to them. And when Iwata and Reggie said they'd heard what the long-time Nintendo fans had been saying, and that they had failed to yet make a console which appealed to everyone, my hopes raised.

And then they showed an iPad. Let's be clear, some of the stuff the Weeoo can do looks pretty nifty, and there is certainly potential for games like Pokemon Snap and Fatal Frame, but it's really not what I was looking for in a console.

KentaRawr!
06-08-2011, 08:04 PM
I wish there was some kind of comprehensive list of every single game announced or present at E3. The "big" announcements won't be relevant for a while, but what about the games?

Also, I'm surprised no one mentioned FFXIII-2 in this thread.

Wolf Kanno
06-08-2011, 08:19 PM
There are five people on this forum who probably care about XIII-2. :p

For controllers, I'm more concerned about button placement than whether the controller feels good when I grip it. Playing Skies of Arcadia Legends and using the old Gamecube controller, it has the same shape as the PS2 controller but I can't really stand it it cause the button placement is awkward.

As for the iPad, I er mean the Wii 2,... er I mean the Wii U controller, it doesn't look like handling one will be any different from holding a DS or PSP in the long run. weight might be an issue, but both those systems are comfortable to hold without the need for a semi-grip section.

As for E3 so far. I think my big issue is that all the high profile titles I was interested in, having already been known for months. Skyrim, Arkuhm City, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and ME3 are all titles that were announced a while back and all have had pretty detailed features in gaming magazines and news sites. So in the end, it sort of feels like a regurgitation of the last year in Western Gaming. Most Japanese publishers I like won't be talking about anything I'm looking forward to until TGS 2011 since most of them haven't even come out in Japan yet and its incredibly rare for most Japanese high profile titles to be announced at E3 anymore.

In the end, the conference felt like this...

Sony: We're sorry we screwed up with the hacking, in exchange we'll release a dozen war simulator titles and actually give the Vita a decent price point so Nintendo doesn't wipe the floor with us again. Also, here's a useless and expensive peripheral and some more Playstation Move games. :jess:

Microsoft: Holy :bou::bou::bou::bou:, everyone has forgotten about the RR thing with the Sony hack incidents and everyone is starting to not care about the Wii anymore since their announcing a new system... QUICK BUNGIE WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?!

Bungie: We're making concept plans to a game that will change the world of gaming, and prove we're not just a one trick pony!

Microsoft: WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT!!! MAKE A HALO 4!!! WE MAY NEVER GET THIS OPPORTUNITY AGAIN!!!

Bungie: But this game will change everything...

Microsoft: HALO 4 HALO 4 HALO 4!!!!!! AND LETS DOUBLE WHAM THEM, REMAKE HALO 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nintendo: We've heard the voices of the masses and we cannot let them down. We'll make sure our next system isn't a kiddy console. Isn't it cool!? We just decided to base our controller on a iPad and make it work like the GBA/Gamecube connectivity a few years back that everyone hated. Look, its got pretty graphics on par with current consoles, its even going to get some third party games that will be available on other non-Wii consoles that currently exist and you probably already own. What? You want to know about those high profile RPGs like Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower that has some hardcore RPG enthusiast frothing at the mouth for? Never heard of them... We would like to announce Mario Party 9 though. (http://www.1up.com/news/mario-party-9-confirmed-xenoblade-the-last-story-nowhere-to-be-seen) What, you're still not happy? Fine here's another Zelda and an Anniversary Collection, now shut up and buy a 3DS already.

KentaRawr!
06-08-2011, 08:30 PM
As for the iPad, I er mean the Wii 2,... er I mean the Wii U controller, it doesn't look like handling one will be any different from holding a DS or PSP in the long run. weight might be an issue, but both those systems are comfortable to hold without the need for a semi-grip section.

Reviews are saying it's actually pretty light!

Wolf Kanno
06-08-2011, 08:34 PM
That's nice to know, I was thinking it would be pretty heavy from what I've seen of it.

KentaRawr!
06-08-2011, 09:16 PM
One thing I notice is the space for the shoulder buttons on the back. If there are shoulder buttons, how can you lay it flat on the ground like in the golf section of the trailer?

Shattered Dreamer
06-08-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned FFXIII-2 in this thread.

Don't be! FFXIII has very few defender in the hallowed halls of EoFF :lol:

Polnareff
06-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Shooters sell due to the high demand, so it makes sense that a large portion of games are shooters. That's the devs responding to the fans. There were a lot of non-shooters around E3, though. Skyrim, FFXIII-2, Batman: Arkham City, Street Fighter X Tekken, FIFA 12, Madden NFL 12, NFS: The Run, The Last Guardian, Ico/Colossus Collection, Star Wars: The Old Republic, SSX, a couple of Ace Combat games, Fable: The Journey, Forza 4, various Kinect games, Ridge Racer Unbounded, a couple of other Tekken games, over a dozen Nintendo games (which are almost never shooters), Shinobi on 3DS, Sonic Generations, Journey, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, Twisted Metal, some wrestling games, Lego City Stories, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Just Dance 3, Rayman Origins, The Lord of the Rings: War in the North... that's just a quick check, mind you, and I don't know how many of these were "just announced at E3" or if they have been around for ages already.

This list depresses me even more, as the only games I care about in it are SF x Tekken, Batman: Arkham City, Fable, Forza 4, Shinobi, and Twisted Metal. :(

Thanks very much for compiling that list though; I wasn't really expecting that.

Usually I have at least 50 games each E3 that I'm interested in. It's so weird how last year there were easily that many games I cared about, now there's less than half that amount. :| Even Capcom, my favorite game company, only has like 6 or 7 games that they're doing right now, as opposed to before where they used to talk about 10+ games every year at E3.....

Oh wait, I forgot to add Dragon's Crown to the list. That game's gonna own.

Outside of E3, the only games I really care about right now are Paper Mario 3DS, Mario Kart 3DS, and Tales of Graces F, and that's basically it for now.

KentaRawr!
06-09-2011, 01:35 AM
Nintendo had a round-table conference yesterday. E3 2011: Nintendo Developer Roundtable Live Blog - Wii Feature at IGN (http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1173797p1.html)

I'm guessing tonight's conference will be live-blogged here, too. Here's what yesterday's says:

Nintendo Developer Roundtable

7:50

Audrey Drake:
That's that! Check out IGN for more E3 coverage!!!!
7:50

Audrey Drake:
Ya.... he draked it. You happy now? ARE YOU??!!! :P
7:48

Audrey Drake:
He's not supposed to announce it officially..... but..... he wanted to so he did! ^___^
7:47

Audrey Drake:
Might not be too long until it's ready either, says Miyamoto.

Audrey Drake:
Pikmin for Wii U in development. You heard it here first. ^_~

Audrey Drake:
But as he's been working on the new hardware's HD graphics and fancy new controller.... he realized it was the perfect system for Pikmin.
7:46

Audrey Drake:
He wanted to release it this year to coincide with this anniversary. It WAS a Wii game he was working on...
7:46

Audrey Drake:
This year is 10th Anniv of Luigi's Mansion.... and Pikmin.
7:45

Audrey Drake:
Idea came from wanting to put a tail on Mario. Wanted to use tail for him to do spin move.. Once tail was on him, he thoughtm we have this great tail, can't we do something cool with this? The fluttering motion would make him lighter so he could float farther. It felt so good he was like.... oh, let's just make him fly. XD
7:44

Audrey Drake:
Tezuka took the stage to answer the rest of the question.
7:43

Audrey Drake:
They went with the style of Raccoon suit that doesn't fly because it would be difficult to do on such a small screen.
7:41

Audrey Drake:
One more Q: Why doesn't the Raccoon tail have the flight ability it did in SMB3? And where did the idea of raccoons and flight come from?
7:40

Audrey Drake:
They've continued development on it, but it's had problems performing consistently in a variety of environments. They're going to continue to do research and see if they can bring some of these ideas to the market at some point.
7:38

Audrey Drake:
*What
7:38

Audrey Drake:
Last Q: Wat happened with the Wii Vitality Sensor?
7:37

Audrey Drake:
I said "he jokes" Rich. Jeeez. :P
7:37

(He was joking about Star Fox)
7:36

Audrey Drake:
In other words.... EVERYONE PRE-ORDER STAR FOX 64 3D RIGHT NAO!!!!
7:36

Audrey Drake:
He jokes that he said if he can't convince people Star Fox is a fun game to play with Star Fox 3D, this will be the last one. So they're working VERY hard on it.
7:35

Audrey Drake:
As Skyward celebrates 25 years of Zelda, he'd like to make it a title that could stand as a fitting swan song for the Wii, if that's what it ended up being.
7:34

Audrey Drake:
One of his biggest responsibilities is developing for their new platforms, so maybe for his team it is, but he can't speak for Ninty's other teams. And there are Wii games at the show and on the way.
7:33

Audrey Drake:
A: I dunno. *lolz*

Audrey Drake:
Q: Is Skyward Sword the last Ninty game for the Wii?

Audrey Drake:
Girls like to fly too, Miyamoto-san! :P

Audrey Drake:
He seems to think flying is male oriented, lol. Like Mario flying around in space.
7:32

Audrey Drake:
When he created the original Star Fox, though, he took the male-oriented dream (the ability to fly a jet) and made it a reality.
7:31

Audrey Drake:
Women do play a lot of Mario, but the title Mario Galaxy has a certain male sound to it. When he created the original Luigi's Mansion he knew some girl's who thought it was too scary to play. *cringe* Personally he thinks men and women play games the same, so he just tries to make fun experiences everyone can enjoy.
7:29

Audrey Drake:
Q: What's been your experience about the way boys and girls play your various franchises differently?
7:28

He also mentioned they are working on titles for that broader audience
7:28

Audrey Drake:
3DS is more focused on bringing traditional experiences to this new platform, so that's where he's personally focusing his attention on.
7:27

Audrey Drake:
*ideas
7:27

Audrey Drake:
Answer: What's different this time is that a lot of the idea they had for the more casual experiences (camera, face raiders) are included in the system, so you can just buy the system and enjoy those experiences that way.
7:25

This is in reference to 3DS
7:24

Q: where are the more casual games? Or do you not think they are needed? (brain age etc)

Q&A now
7:23

Btw. I now have Miyamoto's Mii. So awesome. Audrey does not.

Audrey Drake:
Flashlight has a new strobe function so you can flash it at the ghosts.
7:22

Audrey Drake:
LM is half action, half puzzle.

Map is on bottom screen. Gyro will be used too. Some sort of ice mansion being shown.

Audrey Drake:
Toad is in the game
7:21

Audrey Drake:
Scanner 8-bit-itizes Luigi and transports him.
7:20

Audrey Drake:
Professor E Gadd is back

Audrey Drake:
Luigi getting the Poltergust.

LM2 video coming. This is stuff not on show floor.

Audrey Drake:
New LM video gonna be shown.
7:19

Miyamoto taking a lot of responsibility for LM2 despite EAD not developing game.
7:18

Team responsible for punch out, Mario strikers
7:17

Next Level from Canada is making this game.

Audrey Drake:
Next Level Games is working on it.

Mentions the original LM experiments with 3D on the GameCube.

He's making LM2 because he wanted to LOL.

Audrey Drake:
He said he made this game because.... he wanted too!

Pikmin. Miyamoto just banned us from asking about Pikmin.

Audrey Drake:
Miyamoto joking about the lack of Pikmin. Pikmin questions are forbidden.
7:16

Audrey Drake:
Luigi's Mansion 2 talk now. It's pretty far along, but they're probably holding it until early next year.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is likely early 2012 title.

Miyamoto talking again.
7:15

Audrey Drake:
That... was awesome.

Audrey Drake:
*spikes

Audrey Drake:
The moving spieks from Zelda are in this level too.
7:14

It's top down. Lighting torches with fireballs. Zelda chimes. Showing Mario bouncing in top down level. He comes right at you. Pretty incredible stuff.

Audrey Drake:
Hidden stuff here they're choosing not to show us.

Audrey Drake:
Mario is bouncing up toward you. This will be really cool in 3D.

Audrey Drake:
Whoooooa!!! ^___^
7:13

Audrey Drake:
(floor pattern)

Audrey Drake:
It's top-down, has a pattern similar to the dungeons in A Link to the Past.

Next level. These things are very short. Showing off a Zelda themes Mario level.

Audrey Drake:
A Zelda style stage is in it in honor of the 25th anniversary of the franchise!!!!
7:12

Side-scrolling Mario stages are back. Lots of cheep cheeps in this one.
7:11

Audrey Drake:
Another new stage.

So. What we thought are Koopalings are, I'm pretty sure, that fortress-based mini-boss from Mario 3.

Audrey Drake:
No glasses. T_T

Audrey Drake:
No wait.... not Roy after all.
7:10

Audrey Drake:
Koopalings are back, baby!

Audrey Drake:
It's Roy.

Audrey Drake:
Boss battle time....

Showing off an airship now. Lots of depth sensitive things like skewers that come from the background.

Audrey Drake:
Donut blocks and bob-ombs abound.
7:09

Audrey Drake:
Now we're seeing a level we haven't seen before. Another ship level.

Audrey Drake:
First time there's a flag in a 3D Mario game, if I'm not mistaken.

Audrey Drake:
The flag rather than the star is another Mario-like element they're bringing back.
7:08

Kept the dash. Mario 64 style moves are here too. Showing off Tanooki suit. Designed to make game more accessible to new players.

Audrey Drake:
The guy demoing it almost died but saved himself at the last minute. The crowd went wild. :P
7:07

Audrey Drake:
Wanted to create the most Mario-like 3D Mario game ever.

We will have videos of this... They're either live or will be soon. We have four levels total for you to see. Preview impressions shortly after that.
7:06

Audrey Drake:
Mario Galaxy gave him the opportunity to think about what Mario is all about. What creates that certain tempo and feeling of excitement.

Returning to more traditional Mario world.
7:05

Audrey Drake:
Showing one of the stages we demoed.
7:04

Audrey Drake:
Yoshiaki Koizumi is on stage now, talking about Super Mario 3DS.

Audrey Drake:
Guardians protect these items. One hit from them can kill him because he's unarmed in this world. Finding the item releases the guardian.

This is the same environment you traverse earlier in the game, just in a different dimension. Trippy, much? So if you memorize the layout it will pay off later down the line.

Usually in a Zelda game you solve puzzles in one area and move on to the next. This time around you’ll be returning to areas to discover new puzzles and new elements to explore. Understanding the environments is integral as you will be interacting with them multiple times and in different ways. He says the map system has been improved as a result.

7:03

Audrey Drake:
We see the girl from the original concept art now. The spirit in Link's sword, as we all guessed. Named Fi (sp?). She acts as your guide as you're looking for different pieces of a key. You can hear the sword reacting to stuff in the ground, like a metal detector of sorts.

Link slides down a sandy hill. He grabs a bomb flower and throws it down the hill.

Link just effed up some moblins. Go Link!

This tech demo is going muuuuch better than the last one. Guess it's a good thing we really turned off our Wi-Fi.

Now we're being showed the Siren World. It's very mystical looking, is actually in a different dimension. He must collect certain tear-shaped items to leave. The portal to this world is in the forest from the very first demo of this game at last year's E3.

Audrey Drake:
Talking about the sword fight boss battle in Skyward. How the Motion Plus ups the ante. I'm actually one of a very few who said they had played and beat it! ^_^

Looking at a new area, a volcanic one, in Skyward. One that wasn't sown on the show floor.

A new race of species-- Mogmas? Magmas? They look like funnydog things poppin gout of the ground.

Audrey Drake:
We're back! Prepare for many updates all in a row...
6:42

They want us to turn off the wireless bc of the demo.

Gotta stop live blogging for a moment for a Skyward demo.

Miyamoto Mii and Zelda = overload.
6:41

Audrey just fainted.

Miyamoto's personal Mii is here for Street Passing!

Skyward Sword!!!!!!!!!!!

Miyamoto says he thinks there will be plenty of content for 3DS this year. We might streetpass his Mii.
6:40

Shut it, Rich. And Draked means breaking an embargo, loser. Or it would. If it were a thing. Which it isn't.
6:39

Miyamoto doesn't feel people should always play games in 3D, mentions Ocarina aiming with gyroscope and how it will disrupt 3D.

Sakurai's here, but not discussing Smash Bros. Daaaamn. T_T
6:38

Audrey's computer just went down in flames. She draked it. And just dropped her phone.
6:37

Retro is collaborating on Kart!

You can glide in Kart. He wanted to call it Super Mario Kite.
6:36

Mario Kart is 60fps on 3DS.

Mario 3DS is a working title. Mentions Kid Icarus. Sakurai is in the room.
6:35

Face reactions for multiplayer in Star Fix are an awesome idea.
6:33

Miyamoto has a "troubled mode" he goes into where he tries to think through problems. Sounds a bit like the Odin Sleep.

Audrey Drake:
Talking about using the gyroscope in Ocarina now.
6:32

Audrey Drake:
Haha, me too.

Miyamoto just said I grew up on Sega games!! Noooooo!!! Well... I did own a Genesis...

Audrey Drake:
He just asked who expects the aircraft to go up when you tilt up and who expects it to go down. He said people who expect it to go up grew up playing Sega games. Lolzzz.
6:30

Guess I'll have to go outdoors in July and August. =P

Audrey Drake:
The way you fly around and under objects is the funnest part for Miyamoto.

Star Fox 64 3D. The next Nintendo helmed game for 3DS. September for us. July for Japan.
6:29

Audrey Drake:
Star Fox trailer now.

Yeah. AFTER this. =D
6:28

Audrey Drake:
Now talking about Master Quest being flipped.

Audrey Drake:
True, tons of Ocarina stuff is on IGN. If you haven't, check it out right after this. ^_~
6:27

Audrey Drake:
It was important to him that the hints didn't give everything away so people could still solve things on their own.

I believe we have that trailer on the site... Not sure. Lots of Ocarina on IGN. Go read and watch. =)

Audrey Drake:
Link just pulled the Master Sword from its shrine. Now they're talking about the hint movies.
6:26

Audrey Drake:
He saw some lines in the game he thought were funny, forgetting he was the one who wrote them. :P

Audrey Drake:
Miyamoto was surprised by how much of the game he'd forgotten when he replayed it recently. Lolz.

Miyamoto mentions this is Ocarina's 13th anniversary. Frame rate and textures have been improved. Mentions he forgot a lot of the game.

Audrey Drake:
Frame rate has been improved, as have the textures.
6:25

Audrey Drake:
Zelda's lullaby over the opening cinematic. Now gameplay clips.

Audrey Drake:
Starting with a new Ocarina 3D trailer. ^_^
6:24

Audrey Drake:
Seeing 3D trailers is the best way to experience these games, says Miyamoto. It's true-- 2D images don't do these games justice.

Tonight is focusing on Wii, 3DS.
6:23

Audrey Drake:
10 3D trailers available for download on the e-shop.
6:21

Audrey Drake:
Miyamoto has taken the stage, with translator Bill Trennan.

Miyamoto on stage. He's very tired. Sounds tired.
6:20

Audrey Drake:
We're looking at a grey stage with six white chairs. The Ninty logo is projected in the background.

One thing guys - do not expect Wii U pricing, release date etc. Way too early for that kind of information.
6:18

Testing a better blogging app on my iPhone. More reliable and lighter than laptop. #winning
6:17

Audrey Drake:
The Ghost of E3s past who commented first is Rich btw.

Audrey Drake:
No filming or anything allowed at this event. So you'll just have to rely on us. ^_~
6:14

Hey guys, the event is running late. We will start blogging as soon as we can.

Edit

Here's where the next liveblog will be: E3 2011: Nintendo Third Party Roundtable - Wii Feature at IGN (http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174592p1.html)

Madame Adequate
06-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Whoa whoa whoa slow the heck down here, Pikmin confirmed? I suddenly care a lot more about the Weeoo.

KentaRawr!
06-09-2011, 02:09 AM
IGN just activated their live blog.

Edit:

Audrey Drake:
Trailer and other assets going live soon.

Rich-IGN:
Keep it cool, Koopalings. Time to update the site and all that bizzzzz.

Audrey Drake:
Stay tuned to IGN.com for more info on Ghost Recon and Killer Freaks.

Rich-IGN:
So. That's it then.

Audrey Drake:
That's it!

Rich-IGN:
Q - Asking about range of the controller. A - Still working from kits, so they don't know how far you can go. They haven't been able to fully explore that type of thing, yet. They've been wondering the same thing.

Rich-IGN:
Q - Does local multiplayer still have a place with a more core group of gamers? A - Yes, a huge place in the heart of gamers. Ubi teams are Fifa fans. They love all playing as a group. They want that as a part of the experience. There will always be a place for local play.
7:21

Audrey Drake:
A: Can't speak to that at this time.

Audrey Drake:
*have --- ugh :P

Audrey Drake:
*Does

Audrey Drake:
Q: Is GR's online has any way to alert someone whose away from the tv of events without them picking up the controller?
7:19

Rich-IGN:
Q - Is playing Wii U, particularly with the gyro, tiring? A - You use sticks and gyro, etc so you could just work with minimal effort. The accelerometer will allow you to do shorter, faster movements in place of larger, more sweeping movements.

Rich-IGN:
More A - Ubisoft hopes other developers get excited and do stuff as cool as what they're doing. They note that what they've been showing is what they got prepared quickly.

Audrey Drake:
Lots more prototypes in the works, but they only showed what was key tonight.

Rich-IGN:
Q - What will it take to get other developers enthused about Wii U? What will it take to get consumers excited about Wii U? A - Ubisoft very few folks knew about the system before yesterday. They say they're the lucky ones to work on the system, and they're excited. They've seen pretty good feedback from players at E3 about the system.

Rich-IGN:
Q - Does the Wii U innovation raise dev costs? A - Same people are being involved, they just love the opportunity and creativity. (Sounds like he's saying the teams don't really change in size)

Rich-IGN:
More A - They're still learning. There are always plusses and minuses. The amount of polygons don't affect what makes you laugh or cry or be scared.

Audrey Drake:
Why even have a Q&A, lol?

Rich-IGN:
Q - Power of Wii U vs other consoles? A - Too early to tell. Still learning hardware, and the hardware is still evolving. Dev Kits are NOT final. You need some time to catch up wit your engines. Comparing now wouldn't be fair.

Rich-IGN:
Five total games for Ubisoft. Three they discussed here. Two more coming.

Audrey Drake:
Ya, news to us LOLZ

Rich-IGN:
Apparently someone else from IGN is here LOL.

Audrey Drake:
So clearly they're not answering anything about online now.

Rich-IGN:
Lots of premature questions about online services.

Audrey Drake:
A: They're still working with Nintendo on this.

Audrey Drake:
Q: GR online for PC is a free to play game. Will the Wii U one be?

Rich-IGN:
Q - In Killer Freaks can you strafe using gyroscope? A - these are just the controls they have now, they had strafing with control sticks.

Rich-IGN:
Q - GR Online, will it be cross-platform? A - All they can say at this time is it's just for this game.

Audrey Drake:
A: We have a lot of time to make it very secure. We'll make sure it's taken care of.

Audrey Drake:
Q: Ghost feed is persistent in Ghost recon. In light of the PSN breach, how are you going to secure user data?

Audrey Drake:
A: That's up to Nintendo to reveal

Audrey Drake:
Q: Are friend lists and accounts system-wide or for Ghost Recon only?

Audrey Drake:
A: A lot of the same people are in that studio. There are a lot of different enemies though.

Audrey Drake:
Q: The freaks look a lot like Raving Rabbids. Is this because those things look ready to kill?

Rich-IGN:
Q - Are you able to use two of the new tablets at the same time? A - That's not for them to discuss/disclose.

Audrey Drake:
A: Not for us to share.

Audrey Drake:
Q: None of the demos used two of the new controllers on the same system. Have you experimented with this? Is it possible?

Rich-IGN:
Q - How similar is this idea to a DS? A - Sort of, but bigger screen, better resolution, more controls, etc.

Audrey Drake:
They made it seem like it was a new game, but I guess they're not saying either way officially.

Rich-IGN:
(re: Assassin's)

Rich-IGN:
Q - is this a port or original title? A - not ready to announce specifics.

Audrey Drake:
That's it for AC info

Rich-IGN:
Q&A time now.

Audrey Drake:
It's a new game.

Audrey Drake:
A dedicated team in Quebec is working on this game

Audrey Drake:
All on the new controller

Rich-IGN:
Persistent on-screen Map, Interactive database, fast weapon selection, alt puzzle, eagle vision or sense are all options for the controller itself.

Audrey Drake:
Eagle vision/sense

Audrey Drake:
fast weapon selection

Audrey Drake:
Interactive database

Audrey Drake:
Persistent on-screen map

Audrey Drake:
Graphical assets can be used across ALL platforms now.

Audrey Drake:
All shaders are fully functional on Wii U

Rich-IGN:
Console has a multi-core architecture, large memory capacity.

Audrey Drake:
powerful multi-player architecture

Audrey Drake:
Expanding franchise, adding new features

Audrey Drake:
Coming to Wii U
7:02

Audrey Drake:
ASSASSIN'S CREED
7:02

Rich-IGN:
Assassin's Creed now.
7:01

Audrey Drake:
This vs mode looks fun.

Rich-IGN:
Demo over. Pretty cool demo.

Rich-IGN:
He must do it within a time limit, can see the player's energy level too. Pretty cool stuff.
7:00

Rich-IGN:
Can summon one or five freaks, or a nest.

Audrey Drake:
You can plant alien nests too.

Audrey Drake:
Summoning freaks costs energy that must be refilled.
6:59

Audrey Drake:
Interesting multi-player component.

Rich-IGN:
So he touches different commands to summon creatures - they then appear on the TV.

Audrey Drake:
You can summon and place freaks as the alien commander.

Rich-IGN:
The tablet guy has a top-down view of the map. He's an alien commander. He tries to destroy the other player.
6:58

Audrey Drake:
And for Ghost Recon this was probably because they were using separate systems.
6:58

Rich-IGN:
I think one of the guys is a freak... they're describing things.
6:57

Audrey Drake:
Interesting note: all the games we've seen so far for Wii U, except Ghost Recon, have only required one of the new controllers. A clever way to save people some money and not waste the old tech.

Rich-IGN:
So. One guy will be using the tablet for his screen, the other guy is using the TV. This is being played on one system, btw.

Rich-IGN:
Okay so they are doing 1 v 1. One is using the tablet, the other is using a Classic Controller Pro.
6:56

Audrey Drake:
Next demo is about to start...

Rich-IGN:
They are saying they like these controls, but they feel it's not enough to just do that and want to show us more.

Rich-IGN:
So - - Ghost Recon, Killer Freaks so far.
6:55

Audrey Drake:
That's it for the first demo.

Rich-IGN:
Um. One Freak is spanking another Freak. Wow.

Audrey Drake:
Don't ask.

Audrey Drake:
Ewww.... alien S&M.
6:54

Audrey Drake:
He just blew a hole through a building with his new weapon. Coooool.

Rich-IGN:
Environment destruction (to some sort of extent anyway).

Rich-IGN:
Talking about how the gyro, the accelerometer and the twin sticks TOGETHER redefine shooters.
6:53

Audrey Drake:
Gyro, accelerometer and twin sticks make for more precise controls.
6:53

Rich-IGN:
Gameplay is pretty typical at the moment. Fighting hordes of ankle-biters.
6:52

Rich-IGN:
Yeah, gyro moving with the tablet is better. Not sure if it's that the screen is bigger, that it's a home console... but it feels better.
6:52

Audrey Drake:
The controller is displaying an image that looks comparable to what's on the big screen.
6:51

Rich-IGN:
The guy using the controller isn't watching the TV by the way. Just playing it on the screen.

Audrey Drake:
We've done something similar in other Wii U demos we've played.

Audrey Drake:
Rich and I feel that moving the tablet around to aim actually feels better than it does on the 3DS, just fyi. You feel more comfortable moving around a lot since you're in the privacy of your home.

Rich-IGN:
Using some sort of electro gun.
6:50

Rich-IGN:
Again, solid effects for something that is not here until next year.
6:50

Rich-IGN:
Graphics look good for something that's so early. Rewards for kills. Some sort of point system. Controller just seems to be duplicating what's on the TV at the moment.
6:49

Audrey Drake:
Some nice lighting effects.

Rich-IGN:
Moving the tablet to actually aim. Appars to be using the sticks to physically move the character.

Audrey Drake:
Takes place in London.

Audrey Drake:
He says it'll bring FPS to the next level. Let's see whatcha got...
6:48

Rich-IGN:
Talking about Controls now.

Rich-IGN:
In the game you're trying to take out these weird little dudes.

Audrey Drake:
Demo time.
6:47

Audrey Drake:
You have to blow the freaks away with various weapons.

Audrey Drake:
You are one of a few survivors in the world.

Audrey Drake:
Gremlins minus the fur.
6:46

Rich-IGN:
The aliens remind me of... gremlins? Sort of? Demo is coming...

Audrey Drake:
It's about destroying things and blowin' stuff up.

Audrey Drake:
The humor is very tongue-in-cheek. Very Ubi.

Rich-IGN:
Also, there are giant mechs.

Audrey Drake:
Kay, the alien got shot but is still alive.
6:45

Rich-IGN:
There appears to be an alient in this too. WTF. Dude trying to shoot alien.

Audrey Drake:
Enter the freaks.

Audrey Drake:
A dirty street with flaming trash cans

Rich-IGN:
Trailer now. Dude loading a gun. Dude listening to news reports, newspapers all around him. Busted up alleyway. Dude talking to himself.

Audrey Drake:
A guy with a gun near a table crowded with newspapers
6:44

Audrey Drake:
Two demos going to be shown after a trailer.

Rich-IGN:
This is being made by Ubisoft France (Montpellier). FPS Competitive Multiplayer. Ubi devs say this will "redefine" the concept.

Audrey Drake:
Competitive multi-player
6:43

Audrey Drake:
It's an FPS

Rich-IGN:
Exclusively developed for Wii U.

Rich-IGN:
(We'll have more assets from this in about 45 minutes.)

Rich-IGN:
Next up - Killer Freaks from Outer Space

Audrey Drake:
Next up is Killer Freaks from Outer Space

Rich-IGN:
We'll have a hands-on soon. Later tonight I think?

Audrey Drake:
This will be at the Nintendo booth.
6:40

Audrey Drake:
Encourages "micro-competition" to continue even offline.

Audrey Drake:
Track what your friends are doing, and schedule matches.

Rich-IGN:
Allows you track what's going on with your friends - achievements, activities, etc.

Rich-IGN:
"Ghost Feed" now - can work with this even if the TV is doing something else.

Audrey Drake:
Parental controls available.
6:38

Rich-IGN:
Ghost Recon will have a persistent online. personalized account system, creation as seamless as possible, flexible friends list, ranking, matchmaking, etc

Audrey Drake:
Tracks stats, etc

Audrey Drake:
Personalized account system

Audrey Drake:
Now talking about the online components.

Audrey Drake:
The designer won. Big surprise. :P

Rich-IGN:
marked the enemy with the drone, and now the player can see the marked enemy on the tv.

Rich-IGN:
the tablets are showing maps for the players.... until one of them takes off with his drone. tv display remains on player. drone on the tablet is tracking the enemy.

Audrey Drake:
The designer has a drone, whose view is shown on the controller, scanning the perimeter.
6:34

Audrey Drake:
Not as textured as it could be, but then they made it clear this is still very early on in development.
6:34

Rich-IGN:
graphics look pretty reasonable at this point. def in the realm of 360/PS3

Audrey Drake:
One of them just put up a shield specific to the class they chose.

Audrey Drake:
It's very cover-based.

Rich-IGN:
designer on stage says things feel fairly intuitive at this point.

Rich-IGN:
standard shoulder view. typical FPS controllers using twin sticks, etc. These guys have only been playing with this stuff for a short while.

Audrey Drake:
On the controller is a 3D map that can be spun around.
6:31

Rich-IGN:
they're selecting their arms at the moment.
6:31

Audrey Drake:
They're choosing and upgrading their weapons.

Audrey Drake:
A producer and designer are walking us through this demo.

Audrey Drake:
Live demo of multi-player is going to happen now.

Rich-IGN:
talking about weapon customization now. scrolling through items on your tablet, selecting items. live demo coming now.

Audrey Drake:
Customization system is made easy with the touch screen.

Rich-IGN:
showing an airport xray view so players can spy on enemies,etc

Rich-IGN:
tablet could become a drone view so you can see the world.

Rich-IGN:
new example - missle strike perk - aim using the controller, steer it with the tablet.

Audrey Drake:
Now talking about a perk system.

Audrey Drake:
Choose a position on the map for all the other players to see, you can all choose to coordinate to attack or defend that location.

Rich-IGN:
showing a tactical map. showing you real-time information that you can interact with. see enemies, see friendlies, click on positions, share strategies. someone tapped a location on the map and then on the game screen, a marker popped into the middle of the field for players to see

Audrey Drake:
This stuff is no longer sci-fi, players can now experience it for themselves.

Rich-IGN:
teams in singapore are working on the prototypes we're about to see.

Rich-IGN:
Use the controller for intel gathering and action commands, similar to a real-life device called the "crosscome 2.0"

Audrey Drake:
New controller being used for intel gathering and action commands.

Rich-IGN:
Talking about different classes - Assault, Recon, Specialist.

Audrey Drake:
We saw at the conference you can do video chat with the new controller.

Audrey Drake:
Team play is a huge aspect of the game. The designers wanted to make it easy and intuitive.

Rich-IGN:
Either that or they're just talking to themselves. =)

Audrey Drake:
The new controller eliminates the need for headsets.

Rich-IGN:
The actors in this thing are talking a little too much. Mildly awkward.

Rich-IGN:
They're doing this while still playing on the TV.

Rich-IGN:
Showing people using touch pad to arm weapons, people talking to each other, coordinating attacks and scanning maps with tablet, calling air attacks with tablet.

Audrey Drake:
Showing people playing multi-player

Audrey Drake:
Exclusive trailer being shown highlighting the class system.

Rich-IGN:
We're about to see an exclusive e3 trailer, highlighting some of the ideas.
6:22

Rich-IGN:
Repeating Ghost Recon's core "values" - slower pacing, think then act, team-based shooter
6:22

Rich-IGN:
Going to show touch pad gameplay brekathroughs and the "always on" online services.

Audrey Drake:
The Ghost Recon devs are onstage now.

Audrey Drake:
They're going to bring some of their development teams onstage to discuss their titles.
6:19

Rich-IGN:
Assassin's Creed, Raving Rabbids, Ghost Recon Online are also on the way.

Audrey Drake:
Ghost Recon Online.

Audrey Drake:
Raving Rabbids.

Rich-IGN:
Killer Freaks is one title that will be introduced today.

Audrey Drake:
Social gaming is the next step in gaming, and the Wii U controller's screen should help facilitate this.

Audrey Drake:
New controller should bring lots of new gamers to the industry.

Audrey Drake:
Now Guillemot has taken the mic...
6:16

Audrey Drake:
Wii U is slated for 2012, so their title is still in early development stage. They're going to show it now though...
6:15

Rich-IGN:
They discussed a number of ideas on how to leverage the new controller in new and interesting ways.

Audrey Drake:
They will be providing heavy support for Wii U.

Rich-IGN:
This is focusing on Wii U. I can see a Wii U controller on a pedestal. Nintendo asked Ubisoft to be a key partner on Wii U. They have a close partnership, based on a similarity in their corporate culture. When Ubi saw Wii U, the company was excited.

Audrey Drake:
Talking about Nintendo and Ubi's relationship.
6:14

Rich-IGN:
Yves Guillemot, Pres of Ubisoft is on stage now
6:13

Audrey Drake:
It's his first as President of Ninty.
6:13

Audrey Drake:
He knows we're wondering why Ubisoft is here, and why he's introducing them...
6:12

Audrey Drake:
Iwata just came out.... this is big, whatever it is.
6:12

Audrey Drake:
It's starting.... Andy Simpson from Ubisoft is hosting.
6:09

Audrey Drake:
There are a lot of people here tonight. Looks like a pretty big deal actually. Miyamoto-san and Reggie are here. The Ubisoft logo is being projected on the wall behind the stage.
6:08

Audrey Drake:
Heyhey everyone. The event is about to get started any second now, so hang tight!

Assassin's Creed WiiU Wheeee

ScottyRedXIII
06-09-2011, 02:41 AM
after watching Assassins creed revelations trailer and uncharted 3 trailer......... im smurfing pumped

EDIT: Oh and the psv.......... and FF XIII-2 obviously

Ouch!
06-09-2011, 03:19 AM
WK, Bungie is not developing Halo 4. After Halo: Reach, Bungie's contract with Microsoft expired. Now they have a ten-year deal with Activision; they're planning to announce their new title soon, I think, but if their recent job postings are any indication, it will be on the PS3.

Halo 4 (and the all future titles) are under the direction of 343 Industries (343i), which is made up of some Bungie employees who decided to stay with Microsoft to continue to work on the franchise.

Carl the Llama
06-09-2011, 04:05 AM
[TR][TD]Seriously, is it just me or does no one else think of Kung Pow: Enter the Fist when you hear the name Wii U? I just can't believe no one else has made the reference.

YouTube - ‪Kung Pow enter the fist - weuweuw‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JElywbkSbY)

Shiny
06-09-2011, 04:31 AM
I dislike Tomb Raider, but I'm not gonna lie, the new one coming out looks amazing. I read about it in Game Informer and the new things they're trying it with it have me really excited so *crosses fingers*

I'm also waiting AC: Revelations, but I'm waiting for AC III more so because I'm kinda tired of Ezio. Also looking forward to what will probably be my favorite game of the year, Mass Effect 3. The teaser for it was already epic. unf And also, sort of want to see what they're doing with the Twisted Metal series, but I've been unimpressed with it since they started coming out with 3 and 4. Black was also meh.

NorthernChaosGod
06-09-2011, 05:00 AM
WK, Bungie is not developing Halo 4. After Halo: Reach, Bungie's contract with Microsoft expired. Now they have a ten-year deal with Activision; they're planning to announce their new title soon, I think, but if their recent job postings are any indication, it will be on the PS3.

Halo 4 (and the all future titles) are under the direction of 343 Industries (343i), which is made up of some Bungie employees who decided to stay with Microsoft to continue to work on the franchise.
Do you happen to know which employees stayed? I tried finding it to see if Halo 4 would be worth even a rental.

Loony BoB
06-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Also looking forward to what will probably be my favorite game of the year, Mass Effect 3.
I take it you're referring to 2012 as that's when ME3 is out. I'm worried at the rumours that ME3 is going to become far less Action-RPG and far more Third-Person Shooter. I want to be able to still have places that I can go around talking to people and carrying out weird little non-violent tasks. I love the RPG side of the ME series.

G13
06-09-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm also waiting AC: Revelations, but I'm waiting for AC III more so because I'm kinda tired of Ezio.

This Eziopalooza has actually made me like him more. I didn't really care for him at the beginning of II, and throughout that, and in Brotherhood, you could see a significant change in him, which was awesome, and now seeing him in action again I realize that we've been with Ezio his entire life. It's kind of cool to still be following him, even after Minerva pretty much told him his usefulness was spent.

Slothy
06-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Some good news regarding the Wii U: E3 2011: Wii U Ditches Friend Codes - Wii News at IGN (http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174844p1.html)

And some not so good: Gamasutra - News - Nintendo: Wii U Controllers Not Sold Separately, 3DS May Work As Controller (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/35137/Nintendo_Wii_U_Controllers_Not_Sold_Separately_3DS_May_Work_As_Controller.php)

Yay to online that doesn't totally suck. Boo to possibly only being able to use another touchscreen controller if you have a 3DS or have a friend who happens to have one. One of the possibilities I (and a lot of other people as well) was most interested in was the potential for each player having hidden information during multiplayer games since that can open up a lot of cool gameplay and strategy options. I have to wonder how much support that sort of gameplay will see if these are the only way to have a second touch screen, assuming we even get that much in the end. There will still be online to provide those possibilities, but being able to bring something that previously existed only in LAN and online play to local multiplayer would have been cool.

I also cringe at the thought of inevitable fights breaking out over who gets to use the controller. And thinking about that also begs the question of what the hell do you do if the controller breaks? I'm sure there'd be some way to have it replaced or buy a new one through Nintendo, but I don't see that being as convenient as driving to Gamestop and buying a new one.

Loony BoB
06-09-2011, 05:01 PM
No local multiplayer = no purchase. :( Danielle and I are both avid gamers and it's not in our interests to have a console that can't be multiplayed. Having said that, I'm not a massive Mario/Zelda fan so I'll probalby not have much of an interest in the console anyway. If only Last Story was released multiplatform...

Slothy
06-09-2011, 05:13 PM
No local multiplayer = no purchase. :( Danielle and I are both avid gamers and it's not in our interests to have a console that can't be multiplayed. Having said that, I'm not a massive Mario/Zelda fan so I'll probalby not have much of an interest in the console anyway. If only Last Story was released multiplatform...

Keep in mind this doesn't mean there will be no local multiplayer. They've essentially confirmed there will be with videos showing several people playing. It just means there will be one person with the touch screen controller and everyone else will be left to use wiimotes. Still not cool though considering the possibilities the controller could have had for local multiplayer.

Ouch!
06-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Do you happen to know which employees stayed? I tried finding it to see if Halo 4 would be worth even a rental.
I've no idea. Given how many open positions they have, I don't think it's many people, and I can't believe that Bungie would let go of their top tier talent (or that their top tier talent would want to continue to work on the same franchise after nearly a decade).

That doesn't necessarily mean that it will automatically be bad. Perhaps different, but frankly if they're going to churn out a whole new trilogy, something a little different is probably a good thing. They've been working a lot on the expanded universe (especially in relation to the Forerunners) since Halo 3's release, so there's plenty of material for them to take the series in a new direction.

I'm withholding judgment until the game is released and reviews start coming in. Which is a long time from now, so I'm not concerned about it.

KentaRawr!
06-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Killer Freaks From Outer Space for the WiiU (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-killer-freaks/715709)

Neato. :3

Loony BoB
06-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Oddly, shares in Nintendo fell 10% after the Wii U was revealed. I'm not really interested in buying it myself but I thought it was a very innovative piece of kit that would be liked by a lot of people. I'm a bit surprised the investor reaction has gone all Square-Enix on them.

ScottyRedXIII
06-10-2011, 09:06 AM
to be honest i cant see the WiiU being very practical can you? The size of it for me would put my off. I'd rather save up and get the psVista

Del Murder
06-10-2011, 09:21 AM
That type of investor reaction is pretty typical actually. They don't like the unknown.

Loony BoB
06-10-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been (unintentionally) calling the Vita 'Vista'. :p

ScottyRedXIII
06-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Oh is it VITA? damn, my bad :s

Dreddz
06-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Here's what I took away from E3.....

1. The Vita looks nice but the market its aimed at it quite small and they probably won't get those mass market sales they need. The pitch they have for the Vita is the exact same as the original PSP. I have little interest in the games they have announced for the thing except for Wipeout and whatever game Ken Levine is working on.

2. Conferences were pretty subdued with no real surprises. Its as if the companies were just going through the motions. Last year we had David Jaffe coming out and announcing Twisted Metal with Sweet Tooths friggin Ice-Cream truck alongside him. We had nothing like that this year.

3. Speaking of Twisted Metal, the stuff they are showing this year looks really good. Skyrim is also coming along better than I was expecting. Must admit that I was a little disappointed with Ninja Gaiden 3.

Loony BoB
06-10-2011, 04:44 PM
The Vita looks nice but the market its aimed at it quite small and they probably won't get those mass market sales they need. The pitch they have for the Vita is the exact same as the original PSP.
Keep in mind the PSP sold 67.8 million units while the PS3 sold 50 million and Xbox 360 sold 55 milion. The DS easily outsold the PSP (DS - 146 million) but still, I wouldn't say the market is small.

Madame Adequate
06-10-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been (unintentionally) calling the Vita 'Vista'. :p

Oh is it VITA? damn, my bad :s

Just remember, the PSV has no vita gaems

Polnareff
06-11-2011, 01:59 AM
The Vita looks nice but the market its aimed at it quite small and they probably won't get those mass market sales they need. The pitch they have for the Vita is the exact same as the original PSP.
Keep in mind the PSP sold 67.8 million units while the PS3 sold 50 million and Xbox 360 sold 55 milion. The DS easily outsold the PSP (DS - 146 million) but still, I wouldn't say the market is small.

And for people who see this post and think that 67.8 mil units is small, it really isn't.

It's at least in the top 5 for most handhelds sold. Only the Game Boy series and the DS beat it AFAIK. I think the next biggest handheld sales after that (correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't researched it in a while) is for the Game Gear, and the Game Gear sold 5 million. So yeah, the PSP did pretty goddamn good, despite what the naysayers want to say. :p

Del Murder
06-11-2011, 04:36 AM
Yeah, psp is clearly the mos successful non nintendo handheld system. But it didn't really put a dent in absorbing some market share. Nintendo controls that market.

Loony BoB
06-11-2011, 09:40 AM
I dunno, between a quarter and a third of the market isn't shabby when you consider nothing else has done that well against Nintendo. Sort of like the Xbox versus the PS2 - it may not compare in numbers but it's a start and that start can go on to change things. Although despite that I would say that there are two different markets going on there, even more so than the two different markets for Wii and PS3/360. Danielle has a DS and I have a PSP and the games are really different.

NorthernChaosGod
06-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Relevant
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/5222/3c90302218390.jpg

Depression Moon
06-12-2011, 08:01 PM
No Versus XIII 4 years in a row huh?

Carl the Llama
06-12-2011, 08:34 PM

It hasn't been that long has it?

Ouch!
06-12-2011, 09:24 PM

It hasn't been that long has it?
It was first announced at E3 in 2006.

Wolf Kanno
06-13-2011, 03:47 AM
Its a few years away from seeing a release in Japan, so I'm not surprised SE isn't making a showing, though they could have shown the trailer from TGS2010. You'll have to wait til TGS2011 for info on Versus XIII. They could have pulled the resources and manpower from XIII to help speed it along but opted for a sequel no one asked for. :roll2

Ouch!: I don't follow Halo or Bungie, so I didn't know the team has moved on. Its still a funny joke though :p

Ouch!
06-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Bungie is actually announcing their new IP on July 7 (Bungie Day). It's apparently a title that they've wanted to work on for quite a long time, and part of the reason that they severed their ties with Microsoft. They haven't said much aside from the pending announcement, but it's been mentioned that it's something they've wanted to do since shortly after Halo: CE was released, but the technology wasn't there to execute the plan. Should be interesting, if nothing else.

Apparently very few of those responsible for Halo actually stayed behind with 343i. The vast majority of the core team is still with Bungie.

NorthernChaosGod
06-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Well I look forward to Bungie's announcement then.