PDA

View Full Version : Old Man Yells at Cloud

Yar
05-28-2011, 06:21 AM
I'm visiting my grandparents this week. I love them a lot but man, they can be strange.

My grandma seems to be trying to pick a fight with me. She tries to argue with me when I don't even say anything. :confused: Other times she doesn't seem to be hearing what I say.
"Would you like a drink?"
"No, I'm fine."
"Would you like some pop?"
"...No."
"What about some milk?"
"I'm not thirsty."
*Grandma sighs heavily in frustration as if I've angered her*

Discuss old people. They are confusing.

Laddy
05-28-2011, 06:36 AM
I thought this was about a senior citizen getting pissed at Jiro.

I'm disappointed.

TrollHunter
05-28-2011, 06:43 AM
I thought this was about a senior citizen getting pissed at Jiro.

I'm disappointed.

Thats actually what I thought as well. How sad

Timekeeper
05-28-2011, 09:11 AM
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz35/reyreychan/Funny%20stuff/OldManYellsatCloud.png
'Cause we all were thinking it :monster:

Also, could it be that old people see it as being impolite for you to refuse their hospitality? (because you're then making them act impolitely by not giving you a drink)

Freya
05-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Old people drive me insane. They never understand me, drive slow and are always just loitering around places in the middle of the day!

Pheesh
05-28-2011, 09:47 AM
My Nona was born and raised in Italy, her way of showing affection tends to be feeding and looking after people, even at 90. I humour her gladly even if I'm not hungry/thirsty because I'm an awesome grandson.

NorthernChaosGod
05-28-2011, 10:04 AM
I love old people, they buy me things. *snip* not appropriate, Julian. ~ Psy

Remon
05-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Old people are great. Just always answer with a yes.

Timekeeper
05-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Umm, NCG?

Pheesh
05-28-2011, 10:50 AM
O_O Dude, some things stay out of the old person thread...and preferably out of the whole forum.

blackmage_nuke
05-28-2011, 02:13 PM
If someone offers you a drink when you don't want one, ask for water, and watch them prepare it so you're sure they aren't slipping you something.

Shaibana
05-28-2011, 04:21 PM
lol @ timekeeper xD

i personaly have nothing with my grandma, becaus she only cares about the youngest 3 kids of the family >.<

my grandpa is fine :3 hes a real spanjard and for him it doesnt mather how old you are. he is verry open and caring about everyone.

Jessweeee♪
05-28-2011, 04:30 PM
My boyfriend's dad loves arguing. The problem is we've learned to just ignore him, so he just argues at us now. Once we were eating dinner and he was like "TELL ME COLONEL SANDERS IS FROM KENTUCKY" and my boyfriend's grandpa was like "No he's from...Indiana? I don't know." "Just tell me Colonel Sanders is from Kentucky!" "Alright, Colonel Sanders is from Kentucky" "NO HE'S NOT *hour long rant about how Colonel Sanders is not from Kentucky*"

Old people are so weeeeeird.

rubah
05-28-2011, 07:07 PM
My grandparents are three-quarters all dead, you insensitive clod!

actually, that's not the sad part. The sad part is that my remaining grandmother appears to be going paranoid/senile/alzheimers. It's kinda scary, and I don't think my parents are really talking to her currently. UP TO ME TO PATCH THE RIFT?! idk we'll see

Miriel
05-28-2011, 08:04 PM
I try to be really nice to old people, even the ones who are grumpy and mean. Being old has to suck hard, you gotta be a little extra understanding. Besides, I have lovely grandparents who are super sweet and it terrifies me every time I see them that I probably don't have long with them.

Shiny
05-28-2011, 10:52 PM
They just want to feel needed.

Jiro
05-29-2011, 12:45 PM
I've started saying yes to offers now just so I don't offend any one in circumstances like this. I don't need to worry when I visit one set of grandparents though because their food and drink is amazing.