PDA

View Full Version : PSP Remastered

Skyblade
05-30-2011, 04:47 AM
So, no mention yet of Sony's new initiative, the PSP Remastered Series (http://kotaku.com/5804342/psp-games-coming-to-ps3-with-hd-visuals-extra-content)?

The bestselling games of the PSP, remastered in HD, with additional content (though no trophies), and released on the Playstation 3?

Furthermore, most brilliant of all, save file compatability that will allow you to take a save for the PSP game and transfer it to the PS3 version?

First announced was Monter Hunter Tri (http://kotaku.com/5804343/heres-your-first-look-at-a-psp-game-running-in-hd-on-a-ps3), but who knows what else we might get?

Here is hoping for Persona 3 Portable, complete with the anime cutscenes and The Answer. Crisis Core and Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker are both heavily rumored.

Edit: It was late, I was sleepy. So sorry for the broken link.

NeoCracker
05-30-2011, 09:33 AM
I might be interested in Persona 3 Portable on a console so long as it came with The Answer, though even then I've already played the crap out of Persona 3: FES. :p

I'd be much more interested for them to do Lion Wars.

I Don't Need A Name
05-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Please don't do Persona 3. I've already spent weeks finishing that. It's too soon to play it again! xD

Skyblade
05-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Yes, but you can port in your save, you won't have to start all over!

I wouldn't be surprised to see people clamoring for Dissidia, either.
Of course, FFVII was released for the PSP too... Ha, not going to happen.

Pheesh
05-30-2011, 04:59 PM
God I hope they port Birth by Sleep.

ljkkjlcm9
05-30-2011, 10:03 PM
First announced was Monter Hunter Tri (http://kotaku.com/5804343/heres-your-first-look-at-a-psp-game-running-in-hd-on-a-ps3), but who knows what else we might get?

That's Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, Monster Hunter Tri was Wii exclusive... very different games! Either way don't watch the video on that page. Click on the watch on Youtube and switch it to the HD version. The video shows no real differences cause it's not in HD, but if you go to youtube to watch at 720p, you can really see the difference.
EDIT: Never mind, they apparently updated the video on that page!

I am looking forward to this depending on what gets released...

THE JACKEL

Polnareff
05-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Power Stone Collection. Power Stone Collection.

And did I mention Power Stone Collection?

It didn't sell great on PSP but that's because PSP stuff is easily pirated. Only a select few games actually sold any meaningful amount of copies on the PSP.

Roogle
05-31-2011, 09:21 PM
The fact that the system will allow you to transfer save files between the old version of the game and the new version of the game tells me that any additional content must be fairly light. Typically, if a game adds a significant amount of content, then it cannot maintain compatibility with its older version as there have been vital changes to its programming. I hope that this move will encourage companies to take care of its games after their release, at least, as many games deserve more time after the release date.

nirojan
06-01-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm not looking forward to this AT ALL! I have a feeling alot of cheap "HD rez up's" are on the horizon and didn't they just announce that they wouldn't have trophies? Anyways I've been a very strong supporter of the PSP and have all the top titles already and have no desire to go through the catalogue again when those games were clearly made for portable play. I buy all my new PSP titles on the PSN store now (hope Sony get's it back up soon) in anticipation for the NGP! I will say however, that this is a great thing for PS3 owners who didnt invest in a PSP and missed out on some really great titles. Sony/Konami will guaranteed bring Peace walker and the God of War duo's on PS3 if the "remastered" series get's confirmed stateside!

Bolivar
06-01-2011, 02:57 PM
The fact that the system will allow you to transfer save files between the old version of the game and the new version of the game tells me that any additional content must be fairly light.

Agree, and it's a real shame. Peace Walker multiplayer and co-op with voice chat? WHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Personally I like my PSP titles just the way they are, but the multiplayer never really plays out as well as they should. And that's actually a shame, because there's some great gameplay-focused games on there. But if the HD is nice, the sound is worth it on my surround system, and they *maybe* get in a couple new features, esp. with the multiplayer, then there could very well be a couple must-haves in this line.

I'm hoping they release every MGS game on a Blu Ray (or two) - 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5(P.Walker). Hell, remaster MG1 & 2 for 16:9!!!

Nifleheim7
06-01-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm not gonna buy the PSP games i already have twice but i'm interested for some that i don't have (like PeaceWalker.)

ljkkjlcm9
06-02-2011, 03:39 AM
for those of us who never bought a PSP, this is very promising. All you people who bought a PSP and have all the best game... stop being party poopers!

Essentially, this is just the next step in gaming. Games will be downloaded, owned by an account (aka Steam) and a company like Sony would be smart to have a higher quality version on their consoles, but also be able to take it on the go. I feel that's essentially what they're trying to push by saying the "Vita" will have PS3 quality games on the go. All that's telling me is that they literally mean PS3 quality games... so you can have a PS3 version and a PSP version.

THE JACKEL

Bolivar
06-02-2011, 04:58 PM
^ Yeah, this is definitely the precursor to what Vita will be.

Played some MGS4 and actually dipped into some MGO last night, I really hope Kojima's cross-platform game is like that, there really needs to be another online Metal Gear...

black orb
06-03-2011, 12:56 AM
>>> Its a good idea, there are lots of PSP games I`d like to have for the PS3.
Sadly, the games I like are not exactly the PSP Best sellers..:luca:

Polnareff
06-03-2011, 02:48 AM
>>> Its a good idea, there are lots of PSP games I`d like to have for the PS3.
Sadly, the games I like are not exactly the PSP Best sellers..:luca:

Yeah, it's the same with me. I would love to have Mega Man Powered Up, Maverick Hunter X, Power Stone Collection (though the individual games are on Dreamcast I'd love to see Capcom remaster these with online play), Darkstalkers Chronicle (though it is also on Dreamcast but the DC version doesn't have the Chaos Tower mode), Bounty Hounds, PoPoLoCrois, Hexyz Force, Ys 7, just so many great games that will probably not get remastered for PS3 because they sold like poo. :(

black orb
06-03-2011, 07:20 AM
>>> Yeah, I`d love to play Samurai Shodown Anthology, or some of the Guilty Gear games in the PS3, (the PS3 needs a Guilty Gear game badly)..:luca:

Rase
06-04-2011, 08:19 AM
So now I can play the games I thought belonged on home consoles anyway on a home console? Fancy that.

ljkkjlcm9
06-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Honestly, I always hated browsing the Playstation Store on my PS3, and seeing all these PSP titles I could buy and download... but then not be able to play on my PS3. I'm pretty sure a PS3 is more than capable of running those games.
That's one of the things I like better about the Nintendo stores, they are separate for their portable and console, so there's no going... oh this looks sweet... nevermind it's PSP.

THE JACKEL

Wolf Kanno
06-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Outside of the MGS games (Portable OPS, Ac!d, and Peace Walker) I can't think of any PSP games I would like to see on the PS3. Some would argue Dissidia but outside of finally getting online, it won't have any benefits.

Hated Crisis Core, don't like God of War, and P3P sounds intriguing but I already own FES and the original and in terms of interface, they are better than P3P, since P3P had to cut several corners to get it to work on the PSP. In the end, most of it would feel like just having handheld games on a console.

Most of my PSP library are ports or old PS1 games so this remastered series is just a waste of time for me.