PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VIII Riddles again

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rantz
05-30-2011, 02:58 PM
New riddle thread to celebrate the 100th anniversary of May 30th 1911. I'm gonna just copy the rules from BG-57's FF7 thread...

1) Only one riddle can be solved at a time.

2) One guess per post.

3) Giving hints is optional.

4) Whoever solves the riddle gets to post their own.

5) If the solver refuses to post a new riddle, the riddler can select another person to go, or leave it up to the next person who posts.

Shinwa Tsuki is up to post the new riddle!

Jiro
05-31-2011, 07:08 AM
RIP old thread. FTW new thread.

Shinwa Tsuki
06-01-2011, 05:41 AM
Hahaha, thanks to my Guide I was able to get the answer - I only guessed with the third line as nothing else made any sense, this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/105620-final-fantasy-8-riddles-145.html#post2988608) amused me greatly.

As for the riddle....hmmm.... I'll have to think about it.

BG-57
06-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Make it a good one. :)

Shinwa Tsuki
06-02-2011, 11:24 PM
I have something in mind, just need to figure out how I will phrase it.

Hollycat
06-03-2011, 07:37 PM
post it please! I need the thrill. Rantz did you archive ff8 riddles?

Rantz
06-03-2011, 08:32 PM
No. Do we archive riddle threads? I don't remember.

Shinwa Tsuki
06-04-2011, 04:26 AM
I hope this is enough:

Triple head I have,
Luminance swathed are two.
People plantation is swimming,
Opposition dictation; possessed mother.

Trade my card for,
The opposite of heavyweight,
by ten time ten.

I can warn you,
Upcoming combat; always face-to-face.

Dust hell gladly received,
Gale sorcery I resist.

Who am I?

It was the best I could think of.

Carl the Llama
06-04-2011, 05:07 AM
[TR][TD]its kind of the obvious choice but... Cerberus?

Shinwa Tsuki
06-04-2011, 05:18 AM
Yeah, it is. I guess the 'triple head I have' gave it away?

Do you want to figure out what the each individual line means? Or refers to? I'd like to see you - or others - puzzle it out.

Silent Warrior
06-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Triple head I have, <- Duh.
Luminance swathed are two. <- Not sure, but he/it IS located in a light pillar.
People plantation is swimming, <- SeeD-school, students - but I can't begin to puzzle out where the swimming comes into play.
Opposition dictation; possessed mother. <- The struggle against Edea, of course. To be terse. :p

Trade my card for,
by ten time ten. <- Poetry for 'Trade the Cerberus card for loads of Lightweights? Whatever, I think you get Haste out of them, at the end of the day.

I can warn you, <- It was a long time ago, but I believe he/it warns you that your hindquarters will be soundly whipped if you don't back off.
Upcoming combat; always face-to-face. <- My memory fails me, but do you perhaps have to approach him/it from his front to successfully interact with him?

Dust hell gladly received, <- Not sure, but I believe Cerberus is some kind of hell's watchdog.
Gale sorcery I resist. <- Don't hit him with wind-magic, for thou wilt be remorseful.

MachineGunGirl
06-04-2011, 09:52 PM
These riddles are interesting.

Shinwa Tsuki
06-05-2011, 01:44 AM
Triple head I have, <- Duh.
Correct.

Luminance swathed are two. <- Not sure, but he/it IS located in a light pillar.
Yes, Cerberus is in a pillar of light - as is Bahamut; thus two. I would have used to word bathed instead of swathed.

People plantation is swimming, <- SeeD-school, students - but I can't begin to puzzle out where the swimming comes into play.
You're correct about it being Garden - in the game it is filled with people instead of flowers. At some point the B. Garden and the G. Garden float over land or swim though the ocean.

Opposition dictation; possessed mother. <- The struggle against Edea, of course. To be terse. :p
More like the opposition dictation is Galbadia. You're correct about Edea, she is the possessed mother - and matrons are mothers.

Trade my card for,
by ten time ten. <- Poetry for 'Trade the Cerberus card for loads of Lightweights? Whatever, I think you get Haste out of them, at the end of the day.
Hm, not quite. Here trade is used in place of 'modify'. You're correct about Lightweight - which are the opposite of heavyweight. You get 100 Lightweights when you modify Cerberus' card.

I can warn you, <- It was a long time ago, but I believe he/it warns you that your hindquarters will be soundly whipped if you don't back off.
I was thinking more of the ability Alert. I don't recall how you encounter Cerberus.

Upcoming combat; always face-to-face. <- My memory fails me, but do you perhaps have to approach him/it from his front to successfully interact with him?
Relates to his ability Alert - prevents back attacks. You can approach him from any side.

Considering where you encounter him, Cerberus is bathed in light on the first floor - the entrance from when it was stationary.

Dust hell gladly received, <- Not sure, but I believe Cerberus is some kind of hell's watchdog.
Funny, I wasn't thinking of that. Dust hell was a synonym (http://www.synonyms.net/synonym/thunder) for 'thunder' which is what Cerberus absorbs.

Gale sorcery I resist. <- Don't hit him with wind-magic, for thou wilt be remorseful.
Not quite, gale sorcery does refer to wind magic, but he's immune to it.

FFIX Choco Boy
06-19-2011, 01:25 AM
It's been over a week, so Kaiser forfeits his turn. Open round.

Shinwa Tsuki
06-23-2011, 05:15 AM
Hmm.... Okay, Chocoboy, I'm quite confidant that I've got your FF9 riddle answered - if so, why don't you make a riddle here?

FFIX Choco Boy
06-23-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm not very familiar with VIII like I am with VII, IX, and X, but I'll give it a go.

Unleash your strength, my child.
We shall bestow upon you power unequaled.
However, power comes with a price.
Just don't forget who you are.
We await you, two and one forever.

Who am I?

Pumpkin
06-23-2011, 02:41 PM
At the risk of embarassing myself...
The brothers summon?

FFIX Choco Boy
06-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Not the brothers summon. I will say it's not a riddle that's about something too specific because of how limited my knowledge of this game is. Truth be told, I only played all the way through once, and my memory of that time is even pretty shot.

Shinwa Tsuki
06-25-2011, 04:46 AM
Unleash your strength, my child.
We shall bestow upon you power unequaled.
However, power comes with a price.
Just don't forget who you are.
We await you, two and one forever.

Who am I?
This sounds like the Guardian Forces in general.... Open floor if I'm right.... (I might end up taking it....maybe.)

FFIX Choco Boy
06-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Yep, GFs in general.

Shinwa Tsuki
06-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Thought so.

dunk
09-12-2011, 09:37 PM
thou art mortals unlike me
through twists and turns you shall seek
time against you, the eyes you sought
the beast stands proud.. tall
on more legs then four

make haste for i will not show mercy
for when i visit be sure too know
the end is nigh, 3 moves and off i go!

who am i?

Kyros
09-13-2011, 03:39 AM
odin

Jiro
09-13-2011, 05:14 AM
I think Odin is right :monster:

dunk
09-13-2011, 11:15 AM
yeap its odin

fancy working out each clue? ;)

Jiro
09-14-2011, 02:24 AM
thou art mortals unlike me - Not only is he a GF, he is a God in Norse(?) Mythology.
through twists and turns you shall seek - Referencing the crap you go through with the demons etc to get to him
time against you, the eyes you sought - Once again, the demons' eyes and the countdown
on more legs then four - Referencing Sleipner or whatever Odin's mount is called which has six legs.

make haste for i will not show mercy - :confused: Just be quick? I don't know if he tries to use Zantetsuken or not :greenie:
for when i visit be sure too know - Dunno again :confused:
the end is nigh, 3 moves and off i go! - If the battle with him ends after three rounds, then that. But if it references the 3 characters that make up Zantetsuken, then that :monster:

who am i? - ODIN :bigsmile:

Kyros
09-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Im not always that active so someone else can put a riddle

dunk
09-14-2011, 12:23 PM
thou art mortals unlike me - Not only is he a GF, he is a God in Norse(?) Mythology. Correct.
through twists and turns you shall seek - Referencing the crap you go through with the demons etc to get to him. Correct.
time against you, the eyes you sought - Once again, the demons' eyes and the countdown. Correct.
on more legs then four - Referencing Sleipner or whatever Odin's mount is called which has six legs.Correct.

make haste for i will not show mercy - :confused: Just be quick? I don't know if he tries to use Zantetsuken or not :greenie:. If the timer reaches 0 during battle, he will kill you with Zantetsuken.
for when i visit be sure too know - Dunno again :confused: Ryhmed? :D.
the end is nigh, 3 moves and off i go! - If the battle with him ends after three rounds, then that. But if it references the 3 characters that make up Zantetsuken, then that :monster: When he does Zantetsuken he slashes 3 times in FF8 atleast.

who am i? - ODIN :bigsmile: Correct. :D

WhiteStorm
09-15-2011, 06:28 PM
So... anyone? Or is this thread doomed to die?

dunk
09-16-2011, 01:32 AM
shameful sights are we
always there but never too be
losing is our forte
though not in worlds simular too this
i wouldnt give a game of blitzball a miss
showing our faces once in a while
we are the 2some that will make you smile :D

Carl the Llama
09-16-2011, 01:44 AM
I'll take it

Follower of the Cross am I?
If the Ruby you seek I may deny
Best be quick in case you fly!
Ultimate end is your reward when
I reach for the sky!

Edit: meh, spent so long thinking up the riddle it was already taken, but meh, We can keep both going for tits and giggles.

Edit 2: the answer to dunks is those 2 Galbadian soldiers Biggs and Wedge.

dunk
09-16-2011, 01:48 AM
ha i can't figure yours but feel free too figure mine :D

Carl the Llama
09-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Edit 2: the answer to dunks is those 2 Galbadian soldiers Biggs and Wedge.

Shinwa Tsuki
09-16-2011, 01:55 AM
I was just about to say that...

Can anyone figure out why Biggs and Wedge are always (almost always) team up?

Carl the Llama
09-16-2011, 01:57 AM
Its a reference to Star Wars, can't remember who in the FF series is a SW fan but they have been around for ages.

Shinwa Tsuki
09-16-2011, 02:18 AM
Ah, I understand that.... I'm still puzzled as too why they appear together.... Oh, well, one of the many mysteries I guess.

Jiro
09-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Biggs and Wedge are both members of Red Squadron. I think. Been a while :p

Not sure about Kaiser's riddle yet, tough!

Shinwa Tsuki
09-16-2011, 05:16 AM
Biggs and Wedge are both members of Red Squadron. I think. Been a while http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/eoff_smilies/tongue.gif

That would make sense.....

dunk
09-16-2011, 10:37 AM
haha i just thought they was slightly moronic names, and they end up being a stupid " brother " like 2 some most of the time, except for ff10 where i can only remember you could hire him for blitzball.

Anyway your correct so it kind of worked out that your riddles up :D

EDIT: Diablos??

Carl the Llama
09-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Diablos??

nope =)

dunk
09-16-2011, 08:10 PM
hint? :D

Carl the Llama
09-16-2011, 10:31 PM
A hint already? maybe on sunday, I want more guesses first though.

dunk
09-17-2011, 10:24 AM
that puzzle has really confused me haha

i dont recall there being any type of religion in FF8 which followers of the cross would suggest, nor do i remember there being any rubys aside from a ruby dragon? i cant remember lol

tsh too hard for me i'll wait til sunday :P

Carl the Llama
09-17-2011, 01:58 PM
The first line does not reference something in the game. (That's your hint :P).

dunk
09-17-2011, 06:43 PM
ragnorok?

Carl the Llama
09-18-2011, 12:55 AM
nope :p

champagne supernova
09-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Ultima or Omega weapon?

BG-57
09-18-2011, 05:41 PM
I reach for the sky!

Carbuncle?

Carl the Llama
09-19-2011, 12:27 AM
No to both

Kyros
09-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Seifer

WhiteStorm
09-19-2011, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=KaiserDragon;3022557]Follower of the Cross am I?
I reach for the sky!

Ruby Dragon???????????????

Carl the Llama
09-19-2011, 11:27 PM

I like your thinking, but its wrong.

Seifer is also wrong.

Shinwa Tsuki
09-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Follower of the Cross am I? / If the Ruby you seek I may deny / Best be quick in case you fly! / Ultimate end is yer reward when / I reach for the sky! ---------------- For some reason... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... At first I thought: The Ruby brings to mind the two eyes in Centra Ruins, which has a timer that counts down to something (I forget which) so it is best that you search the entire area in the allotted time - this searching will get you Odin. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Now I think: The last line refers to Eden, with the line above it referring to the optional boss - Ultimate Weapon. Ruby Dragons are found in the Research Center which is what houses the Ultimate Weapon. I'm not certain about the first and the third lines. ---------------- :start rant: Ugh! When I hit the Enter key - I want to have a new line/paragraph - I do not want it to be one solid wall of text, that is a mess. :end rant: Can anyone please help?

Carl the Llama
09-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Good thinking, but completely wrong lol

Also with regards to the no enter button, try writing it out on a note pad then copy pasta it, at least until a more permanent solution can be found.

Hint: I guess there is no hint I can give about the line of the riddle without giving it away... so I will go ahead and say that the answer is a monster, not much I can say, I didn't expect to kill the thread with this riddle xD

Shinwa Tsuki
09-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Blast! Ah, okay. I'll try your tip for the Enter key/lines.

BG-57
09-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Sacred?

Carl the Llama
09-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Sacred?

Nope =)

Carl the Llama
10-28-2011, 05:40 PM
I said to myself that if there were no guesses for 1 month then I would drop a major clue and that clue is that the answer is a boss.

BG-57
10-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Is it Seifer? He has a cross logo and a Limit called Fire Cross IIRC.

Carl the Llama
10-29-2011, 02:31 AM

I like your thinking, but its wrong.

Seifer is also wrong.

Shinwa Tsuki
10-29-2011, 04:54 AM
This sounds like either Fujin or Raijin, both of whom may be called 'Followers of the Cross'.

Does Ruby refer to the Carbuncle summon? Or does it refer to a different summon?

This boss could easily have you 'fly' by an ability.

Sounds link the 'ultimate end' is either the Eden summon, which I highly doubt, or access to Ultimecia who is also the final boss of the game.

I reach for the sky!
This boss reaches for the sky.

Just throwing it out there.

Jiro
10-29-2011, 06:36 AM
The ultimate end could be the boss bringing your health down to 1, a la the battle with Edea at the end of Disc 1. I can't actually remember if that happens though :p

Carl the Llama
10-30-2011, 03:26 AM
This sounds like either Fujin or Raijin, both of whom may be called 'Followers of the Cross'.
Follower of the Cross refers to something out of the game, its the cryptic clue to my riddle

Does Ruby refer to the Carbuncle summon? Or does it refer to a different summon?
This is the joint best clue to solving the riddle, and as such I will not be giving any comment about it.

This boss could easily have you 'fly' by an ability.
This line is really just a filler, I needed to make it up 4/5 lines, you probably won't understand the answer to this clue till I explain it (after the riddle has been solved).

Sounds link the 'ultimate end' is either the Eden summon, which I highly doubt, or access to Ultimecia who is also the final boss of the game.

I reach for the sky!
This boss reaches for the sky.
these two lines along with the Ruby line are the parts of the riddle you guys will be able to solve it with, I will no more about it.

Silent Warrior
11-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Jiro: You're referring to The End, one of Selphie's random magics. :) I like PC versions and savegame editors.

Regarding the riddle: Ruby... Ruby ray? Attack named Ruby something? You get Eden from Ultima Weapon, for which you have to go through Bahamut... Or is it one of the guardians at Ultimecia's den? ... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, Tiamat, countdown, draw Eden - I feel I'm onto something!

Shinwa Tsuki
11-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Jiro: You're referring to Final End, one of Selphie's random magics. :) I like PC versions and savegame editors.
That Limit Break of Selphie's is normally called "The End". (I don't mean to insult you - if I did.)

Regarding the riddle: Ruby... Ruby ray? Attack named Ruby something? You get Eden from Ultima Weapon, for which you have to go through Bahamut... Or is it one of the guardians at Ultimecia's den? ... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, Tiamat, countdown, draw Eden - I feel I'm onto something!
We have the Ruby Dragon... But that's about all I can say.

Carl the Llama
11-04-2011, 02:32 AM
The riddle has nothing to do with Ruby Dragon or Eden or Ultima Weapon for that matter either. ^^

Karifean
11-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Is it Tiamat?

Silent Warrior
11-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Shinwa: No insult, I'm only embarrassed. Embarrassment's fine, no worries. (But I still corrected my post, HA!)

Hm... Follower of the Cross... Out of game, says he/she/it? Smells like Christianity, then, but what on Earth...

... Diablos?

Carl the Llama
11-06-2011, 03:27 AM
Is it Tiamat?

Very good thinking, if you think along these lines then the answer should be forth coming.

But no, it isn't Tiamat.

Silent Warrior
11-10-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm starting to think the 'best be quick'-bit refers to the pendulum you jump across at Ultimecia's place... but that leads to Tiamat, right? And Tiamat is apparently not what we're after... I'll have to play FF8 again for this, I just keep drawing blanks.
Eh... Omega Weapon?

Skyblade
11-12-2011, 09:12 AM
It's Bahamut, isn't it?

Carl the Llama
11-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Not Bahamut, Not Omega Weapon either.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-13-2011, 04:22 AM
Krysta.

Shinwa Tsuki
11-13-2011, 04:37 AM
Is it possible to compile a list of hints and incorrect guesses, as well as a repost (maybe) of the riddle?

Carl the Llama
11-15-2011, 03:06 AM
Krysta.

Good job, you have it.

Krysta as a girl's name is a variant of Christa (Latin), Christina (Latin), Krista (Czechoslovakian) and Kristen (Latin), and the meaning of Krysta is "follower of Christ"

Simply put, you can draw Carbuncle from her, and if you have failed to unlock draw, she will deny it to you.

The boss is the fastest boss in the dungeon, so you best be quick in defeating her incase you die (turn to an angel hence fly).

I reach for the sky!
Ultimate end is the reward you get for defeating her, in the battle she reaches for the sky and then casts Ultima.

Great job Scotty, its your turn ^^

Shinwa Tsuki
11-15-2011, 03:20 AM
Oh, that is clever.

Carl the Llama
11-15-2011, 03:29 AM
Nearly 2 whole months to solve my riddle, I have to say I am pretty proud it lasted so long ^^

Scotty_ffgamer
11-16-2011, 04:22 AM
I'll let someone else take the riddle-making job. I can't really think of one right now, and I probably won't be checking the forums much for a while.

FFIX Choco Boy
01-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Hello Stranger, I don't know you.
Care to try your luck?
Try to keep up with me,
you'll be in for a shock.
Goodbye Stranger, I don't know you,
it was fun for a bit,
you're actually quite dazzling,
I really must admit.
Hello Stranger, I don't know you,
here's what we will do.
You go down and open the lock,
we'll pull the switcharoo.
Finally Stranger, now I know you.
You were such a sight.
I am stricken, and if you ask,
I'll follow you into the night.

Who am I?

Shinwa Tsuki
01-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Is this Rinoa talking to Squall?

Jiro
01-09-2012, 01:08 AM
It sounds to me kind of like the dream sequences. I can't really say why though.

Shinwa Tsuki
01-09-2012, 01:54 AM
The reason why I'm thinking Rinoa talking to Squall is this:

Hello Stranger, I don't know you.
Care to try your luck?
First meeting at the 'graduation ball'. They don't know each other.

Try to keep up with me,
you'll be in for a shock.
Dancing lessons. Rinoa guiding Squall though a dance, a few times.

Goodbye Stranger, I don't know you,
it was fun for a bit,
Rinoa finds the dance fun, yet she has to depart for a reason.

you're actually quite dazzling,
I really must admit.
Rinoa found Squall's dancing - once he got the hang of it - quite dazzling.

Hello Stranger, I don't know you,
here's what we will do.
Rinoa on the Forest Owl's train in Timber. Explaining the 'switcharoo'.

You go down and open the lock,
we'll pull the switcharoo.
The switch of the presidents.

You were such a sight.
Not to sure what this means, other then Rinoa finding Squall handsome.

Rinoa is stricken with the "Sorceress Powers", which means that she would 'follow' Squall 'into the night'. Or Rinoa could be stricken with love for Squall.

Who am I?
Rinoa

FFIX Choco Boy
01-09-2012, 03:09 AM
Shinwa has it. Most of your reasoning is right, too, but for

You were such a sight.

Rinoa finally gets to know Squall after seeing him perform on the mission he needed to complete as a SeeD.

She falls in love with him, and becomes basically obsessed.

Shinwa Tsuki
01-09-2012, 06:17 AM
Oooh, that's was lucky. Oh, and I would not say that Rinoa becomes "obsessed". Also, I think you mean the first mission Squall and the other two have.

Hm... As for a new riddle.....

Black verses white,
Yet in reverse.
Maybe, brothers by choice,
With the same "mother".
Who are we?

I would like to see reasoning.

Jiro
01-09-2012, 06:10 PM
That was an awesome riddle and well done Shinwa Tsuki for guessing it!

It's Squall and Seifer. Squall wears black, and Seifer white, yet their roles are the opposite of what those colors usually stand for (ie Squall, the black, is the good guy, while Seifer, the white, is the bad guy). They were raised in the same orphanage, and then Garden, with Edea as their "mother". They also both use gunblades which might further the brother analogy, as they both chose the weapon.

Shinwa Tsuki
01-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks, Jiro. And you have the correct answer, with the reasonings I had in mind.

Jiro
01-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Wow, I can't believe I got that one xD I'm not any good at making riddles so feel free to jump in and take this spot anyone.

chionos
01-09-2012, 10:31 PM
He sits in silence
Day in day out
Expecting bites
He begins to doubt

As the line gives a tug
From the sky no less
It's the Big One
Oh shet, what a mess

Shinwa Tsuki
01-09-2012, 11:28 PM
The Master Fisher?

He sits waiting for fish to bit, day in and day out and (at some point) begins to doubt something. When we first see him, he thinks he has caught the "Big One" - which is truly the Balamb Garden or a big mess - because of a tug on the line form the "sky".

Not too sure what you mean with each line - maybe when this riddle is answered you can give the reason?

chionos
01-09-2012, 11:42 PM
No, you got it, same basic reasoning. He catches an actual fish on the line right as Garden hits.

Jiro
01-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah it pretty much describes the FMV. You see the Master Fisherman there, and he sighs because he's had no luck. Then he snags a fish, but Balamb Garden rocks into view and everything gets messed up.

Shinwa Tsuki
01-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Oh, that was lucky for me.

Uh, do you want me to give another riddle? If so, give me a bit - need to sleep.

chionos
01-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Yes, it's your turn. :p

Shinwa Tsuki
01-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Okay. Hm....

You see me often,
I have one look.
Only a single color changes,
Maybe, I symbolize something.

What am I?
What are my colors?

Jiro
01-10-2012, 06:17 PM
All I can think of is the feathers and how at one point they're black and then at others they're white...

Shinwa Tsuki
01-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Nope, not the feathers.

How often do you see feathers?

chionos
01-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Aww, I liked that answer.

Jiro
01-10-2012, 06:52 PM
There's feather symbology fairly often. In the opening FMV, whenever Rinoa is around, sometimes with Squall, I think there's a bit with Edea!Ultimecia.

Shinwa Tsuki
01-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Ah, that would mean the feathers are seen be about four or more times - and only with certain characters.

You see the answer fairly often. Here's a hint: it is common enough that you are likely to ignore it.

<edit> I should say, that you likely to ignore for it's common and not important to the game play......

Silent Warrior
01-12-2012, 07:39 PM
... This can't possibly be it... can it? The angel wings on Rinoa's... whatever it is, that blue dress-back thing... Aren't they first white, then black at some point? Or did I put something funny in my tea again?

Shinwa Tsuki
01-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Nope. You notice the wings - which I must say are linked to the feathers.

Hollycat
01-13-2012, 10:11 PM
soldier?

BG-57
01-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Does it refer to palette swapping?

Shinwa Tsuki
01-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Only a part of it gets a new color, but you could say "palette swapped" with that. And no, it's not "soldier" which I believe would be FF7 instead.

Hollycat
01-14-2012, 05:51 AM
I was talking about the galbadia soldiers, there are green and blue ones.

This is a tough one
Is it an enemy?

Shinwa Tsuki
01-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Nope.

Hm.... You might not see the yellow version at all in game - but it is around.

BG-57
01-14-2012, 01:54 PM
The Garden logos?

Balamb has a blue background, Galbadia has red, and Trabia has yellow.

Shinwa Tsuki
01-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Yep, that's the answer. BG, you're up. I think the differently colored things are crystalline in nature.....

BG-57
01-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Cool! :)

Here we go:

Subtle as a sledgehammer
Go to the southwest
Not a surgical tool
But good for a triple bypass

Shinwa Tsuki
01-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Hm..... 1000 Needles?

chionos
01-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Southwest immediately makes me think of the Underwater Research Facility. "Subtle as a Sledgehammer" could refer to Ultima Weapon's difficulty. I don't have a clue what the "not a surgical tool" refers to exactly, but if you steal from Ultima you can get Three Stars (triple bypass) which I think gave the 3-1 ability. .

BG-57
01-15-2012, 01:35 AM
Hm..... 1000 Needles?

Not 1000 needles.

Southwest immediately makes me think of the Underwater Research Facility. "Subtle as a Sledgehammer" could refer to Ultima Weapon's difficulty. I don't have a clue what the "not a surgical tool" refers to exactly, but if you steal from Ultima you can get Three Stars (triple bypass) which I think gave the 3-1 ability. .

It's not Ultima Weapon.

Hollycat
01-15-2012, 11:46 PM
the boulder trap?

BG-57
01-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Nope.

Shinwa Tsuki
01-16-2012, 05:40 AM
How many external references do we have here? I am certain that this one contains such.

BG-57
01-16-2012, 12:23 PM
You'll need some basic medical knowledge to know what a triple bypass is.

Shinwa Tsuki
01-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Are we looking for an item? Or something else?

chionos
01-16-2012, 07:08 PM
It's not really a triple bypass, but what about playing the organ in ultimecia's castle to get past the gate?

Or perhaps something about Zell Quistis and Selphie being locked up during the parade?

Hollycat
01-16-2012, 07:30 PM
I can't think of a single thing in 8 that makes me think triple bypass, and I was a med student for 3 years!

Your riddles are always hard.

Challenge accepted.

BG-57
01-17-2012, 12:58 AM
Are we looking for an item? Or something else?

It's an item.

It's not really a triple bypass, but what about playing the organ in ultimecia's castle to get past the gate?

Or perhaps something about Zell Quistis and Selphie being locked up during the parade?

No and no. One guess at a time, please.

I can't think of a single thing in 8 that makes me think triple bypass, and I was a med student for 3 years!

Your riddles are always hard.

Challenge accepted.

Sorry about the difficulty. :p

Gamblet
01-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Maybe it's related to the Obel Lake's quest? You go to Timber by train on the 1st disc and you can visit the Obel Lake then, which is southwest of Balamb. On disc 3 you can complete the quest and win Three Stars. And you have to be subtle like a sledgehammer if you want to complete the quest (that's if you meant subtle the same way I do).

BG-57
01-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Maybe it's related to the Obel Lake's quest? You go to Timber by train on the 1st disc and you can visit the Obel Lake then, which is southwest of Balamb. On disc 3 you can complete the quest and win Three Stars. And you have to be subtle like a sledgehammer if you want to complete the quest (that's if you meant subtle the same way I do).

It's not related to the Obel Lake subquest.

It isn't Three Stars either, but three of something is involved.

Hollycat
01-21-2012, 06:53 PM
would it have something to do with blizzaga?

Shinwa Tsuki
01-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Does it have something to do with a heart?

Dr. rydrum2112
01-22-2012, 05:15 AM
Subtle as a sledgehammer
Go to the southwest
Not a surgical tool

Demolition ammo?

Shinwa Tsuki
01-22-2012, 05:38 AM
Hm....
I'm going to guess, Expendx3 - the GF ability.....

Hollycat
01-23-2012, 03:34 AM
cerebrus?

BG-57
01-26-2012, 03:19 AM
would it have something to do with blizzaga?

Nope.

Does it have something to do with a heart?

Not literally, but ones of the lines refers to a part of the heart in a different language.

Subtle as a sledgehammer
Go to the southwest
Not a surgical tool

Demolition ammo?

No.

cerebrus?

Nope.

Dr. rydrum2112
01-26-2012, 06:06 AM
To sum up what we "know"

Subtle as a sledgehammer
Go to the southwest
Not a surgical tool

1) It is an "item"
2) one of the lines refers to a part of the heart in a different language
3) 3 is somehow involved.

Occult fan vol 3?

BG-57
01-26-2012, 12:20 PM
To sum up what we "know"

Subtle as a sledgehammer
Go to the southwest
Not a surgical tool

1) It is an "item"
2) one of the lines refers to a part of the heart in a different language
3) 3 is somehow involved.

Occult fan vol 3?

Not Occult Fan.

Gamblet
01-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Barrier? You get them from Behemots and they are found southwest, in that Underground Research Facility. Heart has some barriers?

Dr. rydrum2112
01-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Barrier? You get them from Behemots and they are found southwest, in that Underground Research Facility. Heart has some barriers?

What about combat king 3 (I think it gives you meteor barret)?

BG-57
01-26-2012, 04:45 PM

What about combat king 3 (I think it gives you meteor barret)?

Not barrier.

It's not Combat King 3.

Shinwa Tsuki
01-26-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm going to guess the Lionheart weapon - if only to get it out of the way......

Karifean
01-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Is it the White SEED Ship (the part where you search Ellone there)?

Gamblet
01-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Is the line "Go to the southwest" related to the world map?

BG-57
01-26-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm going to guess the Lionheart weapon - if only to get it out of the way......

Not Lionheart.

Is it the White SEED Ship (the part where you search Ellone there)?

Not the White Seed Ship

Is the line "Go to the southwest" related to the world map?

Nope.

Dr. rydrum2112
01-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Maybe its time for another few lines for the riddle? Or a hint.

Is it a triple triad card?

BG-57
01-27-2012, 03:27 AM
Yes.

Silent Warrior
01-27-2012, 01:37 PM
*Trawls Card-FAQs on GameFAQs - zat cheatin'?* ... Squall card?

Jiro
01-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Not cheating perhaps but maybe not in the spirit of the game! :jess: I can't remember what all the character cards mod into but I am going to just guess the Selphie Card.

BG-57
01-27-2012, 04:39 PM
*Trawls Card-FAQs on GameFAQs - zat cheatin'?* ... Squall card?

Not the Squall card.

Not cheating perhaps but maybe not in the spirit of the game! :jess: I can't remember what all the character cards mod into but I am going to just guess the Selphie Card.

Not the Selphie card either.

Gamblet
01-27-2012, 04:48 PM
I started thinking of Devil May Cry 3 and there was that boss Leviathan, it had 3 hearts, so I'm gonna guess Leviathan card. It is good in the southwestern corner too.

Dr. rydrum2112
01-27-2012, 05:17 PM
I hardly remember the cards individually, just that all the characters had them.

Gamblet has a good point, the southwest- could mean it should be played in southwest (weak bottom & left)?

The "part of the heart in foreign language"- the closest thing I could come up with in heart is pulmonary edema- which the word is close to "Edea"? But I have no idea about the subtle as a sledgehammer.

So I will guess the Edea card?

Jiro
01-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Gamblet has a good point, the southwest- could mean it should be played in southwest (weak bottom & left)?

That's a good point, good work team. :)

Gamblet
01-27-2012, 06:51 PM
subtle as a slegehammer might refer to a card that is good at Triple Triad like a sledgehammer at repairing armour, weapons etc.

Hollycat
01-27-2012, 07:20 PM
pupu

Shinwa Tsuki
01-27-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm just going to list all possible words for "heart"...by why of phrases with some..

core; feelings; emotions; center; middle; soul; spirit; love;

"At the heart of it all."
"You've got a pure heart."
"It is in one's heart, not to try any idiotic-sty..."
"She's my heart...."

I know I've missed some....

BG-57
01-27-2012, 09:16 PM
I started thinking of Devil May Cry 3 and there was that boss Leviathan, it had 3 hearts, so I'm gonna guess Leviathan card. It is good in the southwestern corner too.

Not Leviathan.

subtle as a slegehammer might refer to a card that is good at Triple Triad like a sledgehammer at repairing armour, weapons etc.

Nope.

pupu

Not Pupu.

I'm just going to list all possible words for "heart"...by why of phrases with some..

core; feelings; emotions; center; middle; soul; spirit; love;

"At the heart of it all."
"You've got a pure heart."
"It is in one's heart, not to try any idiotic-sty..."
"She's my heart...."

I know I've missed some....

None of the above.

I hardly remember the cards individually, just that all the characters had them.

The "part of the heart in foreign language"- the closest thing I could come up with in heart is pulmonary edema- which the word is close to "Edea"? But I have no idea about the subtle as a sledgehammer.

So I will guess the Edea card?

Correct! :D

The Edea card is strong in the north (A) and east (A), weak in the south (3) and west (3), so it's obviously placed in the lower left corner (southwest) in regular play.

It's not related to edema. Admittedly this is obscure. A triple bypass reroutes blood around blocked coronary arteries. Corona is Latin for crown, hence triple bypass refers to the 3 Royal Crowns the Edea card can be refined into.

Jiro
01-28-2012, 03:12 AM
Very nice.

Dr. rydrum2112
01-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Correct! :D

The Edea card is strong in the north (A) and east (A), weak in the south (3) and west (3), so it's obviously placed in the lower left corner (southwest) in regular play.

It's not related to edema. Admittedly this is obscure. A triple bypass reroutes blood around blocked coronary arteries. Corona is Latin for crown, hence triple bypass refers to the 3 Royal Crowns the Edea card can be refined into.

I got right- although I feel like the kid who got the right number on a math test because I made 2 mistakes on the calculation- not because I did it correctly... hahaha.

Dr. rydrum2112
01-28-2012, 05:01 AM
Here it is

An instrument of attack.
Its Evidence of the End,
Before finishing it all.

Gamblet
01-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Here it is

An instrument of attack.
Its Evidence of the End,
Before finishing it all.

I'm gonna guess Selphie's limit, The End.

Dr. rydrum2112
01-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Here it is

An instrument of attack.
Its Evidence of the End,
Before finishing it all.

I'm gonna guess Selphie's limit, The End.

Nope.

Karifean
01-28-2012, 07:17 PM
The Apocalypse spell?

Dr. rydrum2112
01-28-2012, 09:35 PM
The Apocalypse spell?

Nope.

Gamblet
01-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Is it a weapon?

Dr. rydrum2112
01-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Is it a weapon?

Is too soon for hints?

Gamblet
01-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah, too soon. Is it Strange Vision?

Dr. rydrum2112
01-30-2012, 02:24 AM
Yeah, too soon. Is it Strange Vision?

nope

Hollycat
01-30-2012, 02:26 AM
doomtrain

Dr. rydrum2112
01-30-2012, 06:28 AM
doomtrain

Nope. (If no one gets it tomorrow-I'll post hints like BG-57 did.)

Gamblet
01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Eden

Dr. rydrum2112
01-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Eden

Nope.

Dr. rydrum2112
01-31-2012, 01:12 AM
An instrument of attack.
Its Evidence of the End,
Before finishing it all.

Riddle Interpretation Hint:
Defining association.
Answering,
Clarification as words have more than 1 meaning.

Hollycat
01-31-2012, 01:37 AM
I can't find any instruments in game

Dr. rydrum2112
01-31-2012, 02:25 AM
I can't find any instruments in game

First, make sure you read the whole clue and do not "focus" too much on any one word in a line.

Second, did you really trawl through the entire game faq's?

How about a concrete hint, not what to make of the riddle's phrases- the answer can be found in your inventory.

Jiro
01-31-2012, 02:59 AM
An "instrument of attack" is a weapon of some description. If it can be found in the inventory, then it may be some kind of item that causes damage a la the Flare stone, or it might be one of the items that you can use to learn blue magic and/or upgrade GF affinity.

I actually think it's the item that teaches Quistis Degenerator.

Dr. rydrum2112
01-31-2012, 05:36 AM
An "instrument of attack" is a weapon of some description. If it can be found in the inventory, then it may be some kind of item that causes damage a la the Flare stone, or it might be one of the items that you can use to learn blue magic and/or upgrade GF affinity.

You guys are working together well.
Weapon is correct.

But it is not the item that teaches Degenerator

Gamblet
01-31-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm going to guess Dark Matter.

Dr. rydrum2112
01-31-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm going to guess Dark Matter.

nope.

Hollycat
01-31-2012, 06:08 PM

could it possibly be a weapon component?

Dr. rydrum2112
01-31-2012, 11:58 PM

could it possibly be a weapon component?

no comment, it has only been 2 guesses since last hint!

Hollycat
02-01-2012, 12:04 AM
I wasn't asking for a hint, I was asking jiro what he thought

Jiro
02-01-2012, 12:38 AM
If it's a weapon component, it still needs to be one that is sort of dangerous by itself. My best bet would be something like Chef's Knife.

Dr. rydrum2112
02-01-2012, 03:47 PM
If it's a weapon component, it still needs to be one that is sort of dangerous by itself. My best bet would be something like Chef's Knife.

Not Chef's Knife.

Gamblet
02-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Betrayal Sword?

Dr. rydrum2112
02-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Betrayal Sword?

nope.

1) Synonyms are important for my riddle.
2) You have "translated" the first line.
3) The last line has no hidden meaning, but is to be taken at face value.

Jiro
02-02-2012, 03:04 AM
I had a really good idea of what it could be but couldn't think of the name. So I looked at a list of items and found the answer.

Proof of Omega. "Evidence" of the "End". Made it quite easy, that hint.

Dr. rydrum2112
02-02-2012, 03:52 AM
I had a really good idea of what it could be but couldn't think of the name. So I looked at a list of items and found the answer.

Proof of Omega. "Evidence" of the "End". Made it quite easy, that hint.

Correct! yeah, I didn't want my riddle to dominate so that was the most revealing clue I could give without being stupidly easy. Still a good job by you as not many people would put together "end" and "Omega" right away.

I wanted to answer the question about it being a weapon before- but if I said yes that would throw people off more.

Jiro
02-02-2012, 04:58 PM
A jack would shout as it toppled to the ground
But when it rises again the people cry for joy
Be careful of them though
They're maniacs

Dr. rydrum2112
02-02-2012, 06:25 PM
A jack would shout as it toppled to the ground
But when it rises again the people cry for joy
Be careful of them though
They're maniacs

Timber Maniac cat.

Jiro
02-02-2012, 08:31 PM
...That's too specific. I meant Timber in general. :monster: lumberjacks shout "timber" when they chop down trees, but when Timber rises up and become independent of Galbadia the people cheer. The last line was just a nice hint using the word maniac. Anyway, all yours :monster:

Gamblet
02-02-2012, 09:05 PM
How in the hell he/she guessed that it was a cat? No lines refer to that. xD

Jiro
02-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Who knows? But I didn't like the riddle anyway so NEW ONE :monster:

Dr. rydrum2112
02-02-2012, 11:49 PM
How in the hell he/she guessed that it was a cat? No lines refer to that. xD

Hahaha not cat but cat. (for catalogue).

p.s. I am a guy.

Dr. rydrum2112
02-03-2012, 12:53 AM
I hope an easier one:

Designed as a weapon, just open it up and unleash the brightness.

Gamblet
02-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Shooting Star?

Dr. rydrum2112
02-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Shooting Star?

nope

Gamblet
02-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Dark Matter?

Dr. rydrum2112
02-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Dark Matter?

nope.

Silent Warrior
02-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Laser eye?

Dr. rydrum2112
02-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Laser eye?

nope

Tigmafuzz
02-09-2012, 04:48 AM
Uhh... Flare/Ultima Stone?

Dr. rydrum2112
02-09-2012, 07:09 AM

neither.

Hint: 2 word answer.

storyline revelation/context, word 2 and word 1.

Dr. rydrum2112
02-11-2012, 03:37 PM

neither.

Hint: 2 word answer.

storyline revelation/context, word 2 and word 1.

Hint2: it is a location.

Tigmafuzz
02-11-2012, 04:20 PM
A location designed as a weapon that is also a storyline revelation? Uhh... I'm going to take a complete shot in the dark and guess the Sorceress Memorial / Sealing Facility, even though it's more of a trap than a weapon.

Dr. rydrum2112
02-11-2012, 09:18 PM
A location designed as a weapon that is also a storyline revelation? Uhh... I'm going to take a complete shot in the dark and guess the Sorceress Memorial / Sealing Facility, even though it's more of a trap than a weapon.

Good logic- its getting you closer, think about the other hints though.

Gamblet
02-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Lunatic Pandora, seems legit.

Dr. rydrum2112
02-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Lunatic Pandora, seems legit.

You got it.

Designed as a weapon [it was], just open it up [allusion to Pandora's box] and unleash the brightness [luna means light].

Gamblet
02-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Here we go.

Generating power,
I make myself durable.
Hit me and get hurt,
or gain yourself a benefit.

Shinwa Tsuki
02-12-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm going to guess Degernation Power (or what it is called, Quistis learns it from Black Matter....)

Gamblet
02-12-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm going to guess Degernation Power (or what it is called, Quistis learns it from Black Matter....)

Shockwave Pulsar, Quistis learns it from Dark Matter.

Nope.

Dr. rydrum2112
02-15-2012, 08:06 AM

Shockwave Pulsar, Quistis learns it from Dark Matter.

Nope.

the mechanical spider you cant really beat?

Gamblet
02-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Actually you can beat the spider. And it is not the right answer.

Shinwa Tsuki
02-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Diablos? He will cure you if you hit him with magic (I think) or harm you from physical attacks. His main attack deals with Demi or Gravity, thus generating power. Not sure about how he is durable.....

Gamblet
02-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Nah.

One more guess and I'll give you a hint.

Shinwa Tsuki
02-16-2012, 02:07 AM
The fight against Raijin and Fuujin in Balamb Town?

Rantz
02-16-2012, 02:38 PM
The Blitz enemy? Charges itself up with thunder magic, and if you attack while it's charged you receive thunder damage. The boon could be if you absorb thunder damage, or the Power Generator that can be mugged from him.

Gamblet
02-16-2012, 03:40 PM
The Blitz enemy? Charges itself up with thunder magic, and if you attack while it's charged you receive thunder damage. The boon could be if you absorb thunder damage, or the Power Generator that can be mugged from him.

Jackpot! Your turn.

Jiro
02-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Hot diggity damn

Rantz
02-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Sweet. I hope this one's as easy as I think it is!

Trials for ambitious souls
Strive only for perfection, though second chances come easy
A strange way to reach the top

FFIX Choco Boy
02-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Centra Ruins?

Rantz
02-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Nope!

Gamblet
02-17-2012, 12:22 PM

D-District Prison?

Rantz
02-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Not it!

Gamblet
02-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Is it related to the part where Squall has to rescue Rinoa? You know, the part where the Balamb and Galbadia gardens clash together.

Rantz
02-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Far off. :D

Gamblet
02-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Hmm, Triple Triad?

Rantz
02-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Nope, but closer in terms of the type of answer you're after.

Sephex
02-17-2012, 05:58 PM
The Ifrit or Samantha Soul card?

Carl the Llama
02-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Trials for ambitious souls - If you want to obtain it early you have to abuse the card system to get the materials you need for it.

Strive only for perfection, though second chances come easy - Could relate to the fact that the second time you can start gathering the materials, its alot easier as you don't need to use the card mod ability to gather the mats.

A strange way to reach the top - The top weapon in the game Lionheart, Squalls ultimate weapon, made strange by the fact that you use the card mod ability to get all the items you need for it.

Rantz
02-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Not any cards or anything relating to Triple Triad, or the Lionheart.

Sephex
02-17-2012, 07:35 PM
The Fire Cavern where you take the SeeD test? Probably off again, but I'm fishing here...

Hollycat
02-17-2012, 08:00 PM
the seed tests

Shinwa Tsuki
02-17-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm thinking the fight against the spider robot in Dollet, for the SeeD Exam.

Rantz
02-17-2012, 10:08 PM
the seed tests

Correct!

For those who want to advance in SeeD and/or get rich.

You need to get every answer right to move up a rank, but you can always just try again until you get it right.

SeeD, the elite mercenary force chooses its highest ranking members by who can answer short true-or-false quizzes about Malboros and status effects? Real classy :p

Hollycat
02-17-2012, 10:14 PM
free round

Jiro
03-25-2012, 09:05 PM
You remember me
Don't you?
Calm like the river
Steering fates and homes

Shinwa Tsuki
03-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Hm... I'm going to guess Ellone. How far off am I?

Jiro
03-25-2012, 10:21 PM
It's not Ellone. I don't think Ellone and this character ever interact, honestly. But Squall interacts with both of them, not that it helps much :p

Shinwa Tsuki
03-26-2012, 04:13 AM
Just thought I get her out of the way.... I am going to guess it is those two SeeD wannabe Balamb Garden students that you can find in Winhill of the present time (the majority of the era which most of the events takes place).

Jiro
03-26-2012, 04:50 AM
It's not the wannabe SeeDs.

CloudDragon
03-26-2012, 07:49 AM
I'm gonna guess Nida, the SeeD who pilots Balamb Garden.

Jiro
03-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Correct!

You remember me
Don't you?
Nida often has a problem with not being remembered by Squall and co.

Calm like the river
In Poland there is a river named Nida.

Steering fates and homes
Nida is obviously the pilot for Garden.

CloudDragon
03-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Alright here we go:

Once a master horticulturalist
Now swimmin' with the fishies
Do you think you can beat
The man with fire in his hands?

Gamblet
03-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Seifer?

Shinwa Tsuki
03-26-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm going to guess Norg. If only because he was the Garden Master of Balamb Garden. But Seifer is a very likely correct answer.

CloudDragon
03-27-2012, 03:55 AM
Both are incorrect!

Jinx
03-27-2012, 03:59 AM
General Carraway?

Since you have to put that wine glass in that statues hand?

CloudDragon
03-27-2012, 04:03 AM
No but you are on the right track!

Shinwa Tsuki
03-27-2012, 04:08 AM
Anything to do with Ultimecia's castle puzzles?

Gamblet
03-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Raine?

CloudDragon
03-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Nope getting further away! fierytempest was closest with her guess of General Caraway. I will give a hint. Triple Triad is involved but the clue is referring to a person.

Gamblet
03-27-2012, 08:24 PM
General Caraway? ...Ifrit?

Rantz
03-27-2012, 08:46 PM
I think it's Martine, (ex) headmaster of Galbadia Garden.

Once a master horticulturalist - Managed a Garden
Now swimmin' with the fishies - Sits in FH since
The man with fire in his hands? - He holds the Ifrit card after you lose it to General Caraway.

Jiro
03-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Oh yeah, Rantz is all over this bitch

CloudDragon
03-28-2012, 04:57 AM
I think it's Martine, (ex) headmaster of Galbadia Garden.

Once a master horticulturalist - Managed a Garden
Now swimmin' with the fishies - Sits in FH since
The man with fire in his hands? - He holds the Ifrit card after you lose it to General Caraway.

CORRECT! Nice breakdown, too.

Rantz
03-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Once you pop, you can't stop
Runed earth commands the prismatic god
Out of the proverbial machine

Jinx
03-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Diablo?