PDA

View Full Version : question regarding the 2nd reactor blowing mission

dylamug
05-30-2011, 06:00 PM
in the early parts of the game, when you attempt to blow up the sector 5 mako reactor, you find that shinra knew all along that you were gonna blow that specific reactor at that specific time (there're lots of shinra soldiers waiting for you and the president himself is there).

how could they have known this?

Crop
05-31-2011, 02:53 AM
I don't think anyone says why straight out. But there are a couple of reasons it may have happened.

1. When the fake ID's failed on the train, it alerted Shinra so they put guards in place. Since a reactor just got bombed the previous day they may have figured this trouble on the train might have something to do with it. This is the explanation I feel is most likely, or some variation of this.

2. Shinra are a powerful company and they have spys everywhere no doubt, they may have heard it from someone spying on Avalanche. Much as Cait Sith is found out as a spy later in the game.

Welcome to the forums :)

Jiro
05-31-2011, 07:07 AM
I imagine it was related to the fake IDs. It's not like Pres Shinra didn't have the chopper to get around wherever he needed too ;)

dylamug
05-31-2011, 07:29 PM
yeah that's probably true.

and thanks :)

Flying Arrow
06-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Security was quadrupled at every Shinra-run site because it was the day after a devastating terrorist attack. Avalanche literally wakes up the next morning and heads to the next reactor as if it is just another day at the office.

Jiro
06-03-2011, 01:19 PM
I like the amount of planning that goes into their attacks.

Wake up, new day, which reactor to blow up today!