PDA

View Full Version : Interlude (PSP Complete Collection)

Bastian
05-31-2011, 11:03 PM
I was very excited about the Interlude; having already played FFIV:TAY, it was the only new thing in the package for me. And I enjoyed myself plenty while playing it... however, having finished it... I really feel like it was sort of a waste of time. It seemed more like an interactive story showing us the not-so-interesting story of how Ursula and Ceodore were born. And Damcyan's rebuild. That's it?

But more importantly, the final boss... I really don't get it. Was that supposed to connect to TAY because Rydia and The Mysterious Girl look similarish? Was that one of the Girls? I really don't know if it was actually supposed to connect in any meaningful way, or if it was the best that they could do with coming up with SOMETHING to toss together plot-wise to justify the Interlude, just so they could indicate that there was a whole new game included on the packaging?

What do you guys thing? Was the Interlude worth it? What did you make of its ending?

black orb
06-01-2011, 02:17 AM
>>> :luca: showed up, that was enough for me..:luca:

Bolivar
06-01-2011, 05:50 PM
The PlayStation Blog said it would add 15 hours of new gameplay... obviously that didn't happen.

I think it is what it is: just a cool interlude with a few new scenarios and a couple party configurations unique to the story. An interesting little tidbit to branch the two games. Plus it had a pretty cool developers room.

Bastian
06-01-2011, 08:25 PM
15 hours?! Ha! Of course, maybe there was some sort of sidequest challenge thing I missed? I clearly missed the Dev Room, and I looked everywhere for it. Where is it this time? :P

As for Luca... I really don't understand what happened with the dwarves. So... they're basically black-skinned is all? The original sprites make them look as if they have no faces... I wonder why they opted for the change.

Roogle
06-01-2011, 10:58 PM
No, there is no additional content in Interlude like a sidequest or anything like that.

The point of the Interlude was to include information on how the Mysterious Girl came to acquire and understand the power of the Eidolons and resemble Rydia slightly.

I was confused about the art direction taken with the dwarves, too, because I thought they were making a reference to Black Mages and the way their face is obscured. Luca resembles a short, darker girl when she wears human clothes which makes no sense considering that she had no visible face in the original game when she was not wearing a helmet or any type of clothing.

Bolivar
06-02-2011, 04:51 PM
15 hours?! Ha! Of course, maybe there was some sort of sidequest challenge thing I missed? I clearly missed the Dev Room, and I looked everywhere for it. Where is it this time? :P

As for Luca... I really don't understand what happened with the dwarves. So... they're basically black-skinned is all? The original sprites make them look as if they have no faces... I wonder why they opted for the change.

I don't entirely remember! I think maybe from the Tower of Babil when you're in there as Cecil... that sounds about right. Google is your friend.