PDA

View Full Version : Europeans Need Not Apply

Laddy
06-01-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm from the land of white people music. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h68UJaHvG_c&feature=feedf)

What do people think of your country/state/province/region?

NorthernChaosGod
06-01-2011, 08:49 PM
"Gay Mexican boobjob computer hippies who really wanna direct"

I think that's what he said.

Bunny
06-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Snow, cocaine, and skiing.

I guess?

Madame Adequate
06-01-2011, 09:35 PM
A wasteland of chavs.

Jessweeee♪
06-01-2011, 10:02 PM
I live in Florida at the moment. Like most of the coastal states in the South, it's made up entirely of retired old people from the Midwest and any younger relatives that followed them to care for or mooch from them. Nobody is actually from Florida.

But seriously though that is a weird phenomenon. When I lived in Texas we met three separate families that came from my birthplace in Illinois, and a couple others that were nearby.

Yar
06-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Ummm I'm from Ohio and lots of people say Ohio is lame. It is, but they still underestimate what there is to do here.

We've given the world some pretty awesome inventions like the light bulb and the airplane so *shrug*.

Crop
06-02-2011, 01:19 AM
It's alright.

Agent Proto
06-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Virginia: "From the center of civilization to hickville in 20 minutes."

Yeah, pretty much true. The sad part is, I'm closer to Hickville than to civilization.

Shorty
06-02-2011, 02:17 AM
Racists, racists and more racists. Oh, and Mexicans. But they don't really mix well together.

Timekeeper
06-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Crikey!

:cry:

Rase
06-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Yeah, number one in meth!

blackmage_nuke
06-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Ummm I'm from Ohio and lots of people say Ohio is lame. It is, but they still underestimate what there is to do here.

We've given the world some pretty awesome inventions like the light bulb and the airplane so *shrug*.

Yes but what have you done for me lately?

NorthernChaosGod
06-02-2011, 11:42 AM

And since then...?

Ouch!
06-02-2011, 04:18 PM
I go north to South Beach.

Polnareff
06-02-2011, 07:01 PM

And the police car.

Ohio still sucks though. We have things to do here, sure, but you're gonna be driving for hours to go anyplace with any real meaning in Ohio. Unless you live in one of the three "Cs." Then you'll have one or two things to do and still have to travel for hours to do anything else.

That stereotype about Ohio being all farm land is really ignorant and uninformed, though. Even places like Grove City, which were once mostly farm land, are becoming really populated and are on their way to becoming big cities.

Jessweeee♪
06-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Ohio still sucks though. We have things to do here, sure, but you're gonna be driving for hours to go anyplace with any real meaning in Ohio. Unless you live in one of the three "Cs." Then you'll have one or two things to do and still have to travel for hours to do anything else.

It's more of a size issue. In terms of population density, Ohio ranks tenth in the nation, surpassing California and nearly triples the US average. Texas on the other hand has many more major cities, coastal cities, and tourist attractions, due to the large area it covers, but only ranks 26th.