ShinGundam
06-02-2011, 04:46 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/battleffxiii20cuz.jpg

Laddy
06-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Looks pretty sweet. Source?

Ouch!
06-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Sauce (kind of) and second screenshot. (http://finalfantasyxiii2.wordpress.com/2011/06/02/brand-new-final-fantasy-xiii-2-screenshots-new-playable-characters-noel-and-serah/)

Jessweeee♪
06-02-2011, 06:05 PM
I wasn't expecting Serah!

Del Murder
06-02-2011, 06:24 PM
The battle system is looking very similar to FFXIII's. I see both the paradigm shift and the dreaded auto-battle options. I was hoping for something different along the lines of FFX-2's radical change from FFX (two battle systems that I liked very much by the way). I was not a big fan of the AI-based battle system of FFXIII. Not that the AI was bad, it was indeed very smart. I just like a little more control when I'm playing a video game. I'm willing to sacrifice battle speed for control, which is why I really like the battles of FFX and the Tactics series.

Are there any details of the battle system? From Ouch!'s link it says you can control every character but this sure looks like FFXIII battles to me!

Jessweeee♪
06-02-2011, 06:34 PM
I can't recall where I read it, but the developers are aiming for the same system as FFXIII, but with improvements. Controlling everybody would be one of those, I guess!

ShinGundam
06-02-2011, 06:41 PM
The battle system is looking very similar to FFXIII's. I see both the paradigm shift and the dreaded auto-battle options. I was hoping for something different along the lines of FFX-2's radical change from FFX (two battle systems that I liked very much by the way). I was not a big fan of the AI-based battle system of FFXIII. Not that the AI was bad, it was indeed very smart. I just like a little more control when I'm playing a video game. I'm willing to sacrifice battle speed for control, which is why I really like the battles of FFX and the Tactics series.

Are there any details of the battle system? From Ouch!'s link it says you can control every character but this sure looks like FFXIII battles to me!
Yeah, i expected radical changes like moving to turn-based or new ATB. So far, i think it will be AI based because it still use the slot system and UI don't show members' ATB or turns.

Del Murder
06-02-2011, 06:56 PM
I have a bad feeling that it will be the same system and you can just change your leader mid-battle. That's an improvement for sure, but, again, it's the same system.

In the old FF games there was the option to set battles to 'Active' or 'Wait' mode. For strategists like myself, Wait mode was perfect. I want the action to literally freeze while I make a decision. Whether that be for one command or a string of commands (to speed battles up) is fine. I just want the ability to choose my actions carefully and be able to choose them for each character. This will not work in the battles of FFXIII since the action is so quick that you need the AI to keep your party alive. So I'm hoping for something a little slower with more control. Kind of the opposite of X to X-2, where FFX had the slow strategic battles and X-2 had the faster paced active battles (but the pacing was perfect and you could still control all your characters).

Now I know why this game is being developed so quickly. It's just the same game. =/

DMKA
06-02-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm so excited! I was hoping Serah would become playable but wasn't expecting it! And another new character! YAY! I was hoping they'd do away with auto-battle. Ehhh. But oh well still can't wait! I don't mind a similar battle system but I hope it's not exactly the same. I would love to be able to control all my characters again.

Also, English screenshots, already? Awesome, we may really get this game this year like they're saying.

In the old FF games there was the option to set battles to 'Active' or 'Wait' mode. For strategists like myself, Wait mode was perfect. I want the action to literally freeze while I make a decision. Whether that be for one command or a string of commands (to speed battles up) is fine. I just want the ability to choose my actions carefully and be able to choose them for each character.

I remember setting it to "wait" on FFVII and it changing nothing. :p I want it to be as fast paced as possible nowadays though.

ShinGundam
06-02-2011, 07:10 PM
I have a bad feeling that it will be the same system and you can just change your leader mid-battle. That's an improvement for sure, but, again, it's the same system.

In the old FF games there was the option to set battles to 'Active' or 'Wait' mode. For strategists like myself, Wait mode was perfect. I want the action to literally freeze while I make a decision. Whether that be for one command or a string of commands (to speed battles up) is fine. I just want the ability to choose my actions carefully and be able to choose them for each character. This will not work in the battles of FFXIII since the action is so quick that you need the AI to keep your party alive. So I'm hoping for something a little slower with more control. Kind of the opposite of X to X-2, where FFX had the slow strategic battles and X-2 had the faster paced active battles (but the pacing was perfect and you could still control all your characters).

Now I know why this game is being developed so quickly. It's just the same game. =/
The lack of Stagger system might change the pace and flow of the battles.

I remember setting it to "wait" on FFVII and it changing nothing. :p I want it to be as fast paced as possible nowadays though.
The point of "wait mode" is to play the game on your own pace.

DMKA
06-02-2011, 07:40 PM

But I want the game to throw as much at me as it can as quickly and hecticly as possible. "Wait mode" is counter-productive to that.

ShinGundam
06-02-2011, 07:51 PM

But I want the game to throw as much at me as it can as quickly and hecticly as possible. "Wait mode" is counter-productive to that.
I don't think it is counter-productive for regular ATB but definitely doesn't work for FF12 and FF13.

black orb
06-03-2011, 12:33 AM
>>> Not impressed..:luca:

nirojan
06-03-2011, 01:08 AM
Second one coming in: Looks like Serah might fight after all! Shin gundam add it to your first post!
http://www.andriasang.com/blog/2011/06/03/ffxiii_2_first_screens/images/2132450065_full.jpg

ShinGundam
06-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Little teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzt8cIkXkiw

Yup, looks like there are village and monster capture elements.

Roogle
06-03-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm so excited! I was hoping Serah would become playable but wasn't expecting it! And another new character! YAY! I was hoping they'd do away with auto-battle. Ehhh. But oh well still can't wait! I don't mind a similar battle system but I hope it's not exactly the same. I would love to be able to control all my characters again.

Yes, I was hoping that Serah would become a playable character, too. Does anyone know what her weapon is?