PDA

View Full Version : Who Am I? Round 2

Citizen Bleys
06-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Same rules as here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/wonder-square/137372-who-am-i.html) except I'm going to start with 2 clues

1. I was last seen in the late spring or early summer of 1995
2. I am a MIT graduate
3. I fought in the Vietnam War
4. I graduated from high school at age 16, and went on to specialize in quantum physics

Jiro
06-04-2011, 10:00 AM
ARE YOU A FEMALE BLEYS

NorthernChaosGod
06-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Do you have anything to do with the MIT Blackjack team?

Citizen Bleys
06-04-2011, 06:02 PM
ARE YOU A FEMALE BLEYS

No, I am not a female Bleys.

Do you have anything to do with the MIT Blackjack team?

No

3. I fought in the Vietnam War

NorthernChaosGod
06-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Have you ever held an elected government position?

fire_of_avalon
06-05-2011, 12:58 AM
By "last seen," do you mean that you disappeared?

Madame Adequate
06-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Which MIT are we talking about here?

Citizen Bleys
06-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Have you ever held an elected government position?

No.

By "last seen," do you mean that you disappeared?

No, just nobody knows what happened to me. I could be alive and living happily on Kiribati, or dead in a ditch somewhere, but nobody knows.

Which MIT are we talking about here?

Well, that's not a yes or no question, but the only MIT I'm familiar with is the Michigan Institute of Technology.

4. I graduated from high school at age 16, and went on to specialize in quantum physics

(I'm hoping to get up to Clue 7 this round, but I'll be bitterly disappointed if I have to post Clue 8. Over half way there, and only one more tough clue before I start trying to give it away)

Timekeeper
06-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Ok, so using my powers of deduction I think I've figured out who the person is, though I feel as though I've cheated...

Citizen Bleys
06-05-2011, 06:17 PM
It's not cheating to use Google. Timekeeper's guess Dr. Sam Beckett, delivered via mognet message is correct.

Clue 7 was going to be "My only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from my own time who appears in the form of a hologram that only I can see and hear." It would have been badass to get there, but it's even more badass that EoFFers can draw correct conclusions from :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty clues.

I'll probably only do one more round, as soon as I can think of a good person to be.

Madame Adequate
06-05-2011, 06:23 PM
I didn't even know fictional people were included. I was thinking it was some North Vietnamese war criminal who studied at, I dunno, the Manipal Institute of Technology or something.

Citizen Bleys
06-05-2011, 06:36 PM
One of the sample yes-or-no questions I suggested in Round 1 was "Are you fictional?", which I think adequately telegraphs my intention to use a fictional character at some point. Also, clue #5 was going to be "I have the same initials as the actor who portrayed me," which would have given away that we were dealing with a fictional character. Oh yeah, and Timekeeper's never seen Quantum Leap and still managed to guess correctly via the magic of the Internet, which I was operating under the assumption you'd all be using, since this whole thing is taking place on the Internet. (Seriously, though, who hasn't seen Quantum Leap? :()

Oh, and if someone else wants to do Round 3 before I think of a good candidate, go ahead. I'd only intended to do 3 rounds, but I won't object to others taking over and/or running this game into round 16,384 if they want.

Timekeeper
06-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Hey, awesome!
I quite like this game, so I'm up for doing a round at some point.

-- Apparently Quantum Leap wasn't released in Australia until 2005, on DVD...

Hollycat
06-05-2011, 09:01 PM
steven hawking?

Citizen Bleys
06-06-2011, 05:33 PM
The round's over, Cac.