PDA

View Full Version : PSN Store downloads

Shattered Dreamer
06-04-2011, 02:35 PM
I've begun downloading InFamous from the PSN store but the file is huge, about 7GB. Along with that, my internet connection here at home is only 1mb (the internet in the apartment I moved out of was 20mb wish I still had that :( ) so the download is going to take about 19 hours :eek: The download is 14% done so far & I don't want to leave the console on overnight.

So the question is, if I pause such a large download from the PSN store will it cancel & have to be restarted or will it pick up from where it left off?

Pheesh
06-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Good question. I've never been brave enough to test it I guess... and I have ADSL2 ^_^

I Don't Need A Name
06-04-2011, 05:01 PM
I started downloading last night, turned off the console, turned it on this morning, turned it off, came back from work and turned it on and my download resumed from 30%. So yes, it should continue to download fine :]

Shattered Dreamer
06-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Thanks, it's at 29% now, might leave it for the evening, see how far the download gets in 12 hours!

GhandiOwnsYou
06-05-2011, 02:20 AM
I routinely leave mine on to download, never had any problems. As long as you've got decent ventilation around your system, you shouldn't have any problems. Turn off your TV to avoid burn in though.

I Don't Need A Name
06-05-2011, 01:42 PM
What about psp? My internet sucks and it's currently telling me it's gonna take 870 minutes to download LBP...

Edit: Media Go ftw.

VeloZer0
06-05-2011, 01:51 PM
I know that you get locked out any free PSN+ games after your PSN+ subscription expires, but what happens to the games that you got at a reduced price? Anyone know?

sharkythesharkdogg
06-05-2011, 03:07 PM
So Little Big Planet is one of my games, but I don't if I should go for Dead Nation, or Infamous.

thoughts?

Flying Arrow
06-05-2011, 03:12 PM
I know that you get locked out any free PSN+ games after your PSN+ subscription expires, but what happens to the games that you got at a reduced price? Anyone know?

I'm pretty sure anything you keep anything you pay for, no matter how reduced the price.

Slothy
06-05-2011, 05:07 PM

I'm pretty sure anything you keep anything you pay for, no matter how reduced the price.

This.

And to sharky, I haven't played Dead Nation yet though it's one of the free games I chose by virtue of owning all but that and Wipeout (already had Wipeout through PSN+ but now it'll be permanent). Infamous is a decent game. Nothing spectacular, and not worth full price by any stretch, but I wasn't disappointed with what I got when I got it as a Greatest Hits title. Definitely worth it for free.

I probably won't get around to playing Dead Nation for awhile, but if you'd like I can try and check it out for a little bit tomorrow at least to give you some thoughts on it unless you don't want to wait that long.

nirojan
06-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Got SuperStardust HD, I already have all the other PS3 titles. For PSP, I got Killzone: Liberation and Modnation racers! You know what? PSN was a free service and if Sony didn't offer us anything, we shouldn't be complaining cause you weren't really paying for it (this is coming from a PS+ member). The fact that they're taking the fall for criminals attacking them is a step of good faith and I'm sure everyone will appreciate them for it. And 30 days of Plus for of you guys that didnt have it before :)

@sharky:

GET INFAMOUS!!!!!!

I Don't Need A Name
06-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Personally, I would say that the only way to enjoy inFamous is for free (I got it as a present). It's far from what the reviewers make it out to be.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-05-2011, 06:30 PM

This.

And to sharky, I haven't played Dead Nation yet though it's one of the free games I chose by virtue of owning all but that and Wipeout (already had Wipeout through PSN+ but now it'll be permanent). Infamous is a decent game. Nothing spectacular, and not worth full price by any stretch, but I wasn't disappointed with what I got when I got it as a Greatest Hits title. Definitely worth it for free.

I probably won't get around to playing Dead Nation for awhile, but if you'd like I can try and check it out for a little bit tomorrow at least to give you some thoughts on it unless you don't want to wait that long.

No, that's fine thanks. Once I download LBP I'll be playing that for a while, so I can wait on the other download. All feedback is welcome.

What's our window to claim the games anyway? I didn't see that, but it's probably somewhere.

I Don't Need A Name
06-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Got a month. so 3rd/4th July. Dead Nation isn't that bad. Just a simple birds eye view, kill zombies and survive kind of game

Shattered Dreamer
06-06-2011, 12:55 PM
For some reason I don't seem to be apply to download my 2nd free game? You go into the welcome back section of the PSN store & the section where I downloaded InFamous from is gone! Anyone else have this problem?

Loony BoB
06-06-2011, 01:41 PM
I've been playing Dead Nation with Danielle and have been having a blast - although it's a game we've certainly not found easy, and we're playing on Normal level (there are three more difficulties above this, so... xD). It's definitely fun though, and I imagine has some decent replayability. Still, if you are playing solo, I get the feeling that Infamous might be the better option. I'm not big on sandbox / open-world games which I understand Infamous is, but you never know.

Have played all but Infamous now, actually, which was still installing last night. Quite like Ratchet & Clank, I have to say. :p Been a while since I came across a game in that style, I think the last time would be Crash Bandicoot. I've got a R&C game on the PSP somewhere too which I've barely got into yet, so it'll be good fun to play that on the bus as well. So many games now, so little time!

Dreamer: I didn't get that problem at all. Are you sure you've only got one of the games? Check your 'purchased' games in the top right of the PS Store. If you only have one of them there, give Sony a call.

I Don't Need A Name
06-06-2011, 01:46 PM
For some reason I don't seem to be apply to download my 2nd free game? You go into the welcome back section of the PSN store & the section where I downloaded InFamous from is gone! Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah, if you didn't select two games straight away, it won't let you like that. It's easily solved though:
Account Management -> Transaction Management -> Services List -> Playstation Network Promotions -> PS3 Free Games

Shattered Dreamer
06-06-2011, 01:55 PM

Yeah, if you didn't select two games straight away, it won't let you like that. It's easily solved though:
Account Management -> Transaction Management -> Services List -> Playstation Network Promotions -> PS3 Free Games

Major thank you :bigsmile: