PDA

View Full Version : recommend some 360 games

Carl the Llama
06-04-2011, 04:56 PM
[TR][TD]So I will be buying a 360 on friday (possibly sooner) and want some game recommendations, Halo Reach and Forza 3 are already on the list, can you guys recommend some good RPG's for me?

Iceglow
06-04-2011, 05:28 PM
The Fable games spring to mind immediately, Fallout 3, Elderscrolls 4 Oblivion (and Elderscrolls 5 Skyrim later this year) Mass Effect series, Lost Odyssey (made by the FF developers but not on Squenix rolls) Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean (theres only one on 360) and the Dragon Age games all come to mind immediately, theres also the marmite status game of Too Human.

Outside of the above RPGs I will say:

Burnout Paradise
Red Dead Redemption
Dead Rising (1 & 2)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare & Black Ops (if only for zombies and multiplayer)
Halo Wars
Civ Revolutions (hellz yeah!)
Saints Row 2
GTA 4
Gears of War
Ace Combat 06
Assassins Creed

Are all essential to own games.

Pike
06-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Civ Revolutions (hellz yeah!)

There's a Civ game for 360? Well dang. The more you know!

Polnareff
06-04-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm gonna be the only one to recommend this game but get Blue Dragon. It may be easy once you figure it out but it's like FFV and Dragon Quest thrown into a blender.

Also, get Fable 2 and 3, Lost Odyssey. I can't say I can recommend Star Ocean 4 or Infinite Undiscovery (personally loathed both games) but they're polarizing anyways.

Last Remnant gets thrown in that category too (and is kind of like a Saga game) but I personally liked that game, even with how balls-to-the-wall difficult it was.

Both Dead Rising games are awesome but I suggest playing 1 first because 2 improved on a lot of things. You'll get good replay value out of both games.

Guilty Gear Overture is a pretty decent hack-and-slash title and can be had for like 10 bucks now.

Fallout 3 is my favorite Western RPG this generation.

There's some good stuff on XBLA too, like Castle Crashers (beat-em-up with RPG elements), Splosion Man, R-Type Dimensions, The Dishwasher (action game), Battlefield 1943 (need a Gold account to play), and hell, just check XBLA out when you get your 360.

Jessweeee♪
06-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Mirror's Edge! Rent it first. It's awesome, but you can finish it in a day or two. And definitely Mass Effect if you haven't already.

Shattered Dreamer
06-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Fable 2 & 3 & The Last Remnant. 3 reasons why I'd like an XBOX 360

nirojan
06-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Now are you just asking for exclusives or is this including multi-platform games?
Anyways make sure to pick up:
-Fallout 3
-Red Dead Redemption
-GTA IV
-Alan Wake
-Left 4 Dead 1&2
-SSFIV
-wait for Forza 4
-rumoured Halo CE HD remake (might not be a rumour after tommarrow)
-Some Bioshock
-Some Assassin's Creed would be nice
-MGS Collection come november
-ZOE collection next year
-Splinter Cell:Conviction
-Pickup Halo 3 for cheap
-Mass effect 1&2& make sure to get 3 in Jan
-....lots more!

Rase
06-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Borderlands. Do you have Borderlands? If not, buy Borderlands.

NeoCracker
06-05-2011, 08:36 PM
I honest to god have no clue how anyone has derived any joy out of Fable 2. And I'd also pass up on Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssy, and Blue Dragon. Those games bored the life out of me.

Best games for 360 that are RPG's would be Fallout 3 and New Vegas, as well as Eternal Sonata. The only good exclusive RPG I recall playing was Spectral Force 3. The VA's are terrible, and the dialogue is pretty badly translated, but on a whole the game-play itself is very well done.

For non RPG's though, Gears of War is one I don't think's been listed. THe first one was great, though I haven't played 2, though I don't see why it wouldn't be good.

And while I have not played it, Alan wake looks great. That's one of the big reasons I kind of wish I still had a 360.

Loony BoB
06-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I'll second Splinter Cell: Conviction. Playing it recently has been awesome fun, especially since Danielle and I can both play using the co-op storyline and the various co-op missions. Single player is equally fun.

Mass Effect games will always be the 'big draw card' for me when it comes to the 360, of course these are now multiplatform so if you have a PS3 it's up to you which way you go. I'll stick to 360 because of my saves and due to the entire trilogy being available (ME1 is not on PS3).

Halo games are good, too. But yeah, for the most part it's all about Splinter Cell: Conviction (especially if you have a mate to play the co-op stuff with) and Mass Effect games.

Topaz Flare
06-18-2011, 02:09 PM
GTA4 complete collection
Bayonetta (its by the dude that made devil may cry)
Gears of War
Deathsmiles (if you're into 2D shooters)
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Mortal Kombat

Hope you like the suggestions :D

Polnareff
06-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah Bayonetta is awesome too and I feel stupid for not mentioning it. It's leagues better than the DMC series even and DMC is one of my favorite series. It also runs way better on 360 unless you get the patch for the PS3 version, then they run about the same (360 version is still a little less choppy).

Guardian Heroes is coming in a few months (I think, unless they moved it forward) and it's one of the best side scrolling beat-em-ups ever, and even has some RPG elements. There's a pretty good reason why the game goes for over 100 bucks on Saturn.