PDA

View Full Version : Your Thoughts

Laddy
06-07-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm not gonna put this EoEo because I don't find this appropriate enough.

Alright, I'm soon gonna (hopefully) be getting a job. I did the math, factoring in minimum wage, average work hours for students on school and non-school days, and the time it would take and have reached a solid amount for a plane trip, lodging, and food, etc. So, assuming this is after I graduate high school next year and before I go to college, being legally an adult, and generally being reliable, resourceful etc. I would like to take a trip either foreign or domestic to visit some EoFFers (I've calculated for flights domestic, and for those in Europe and Australia).

This could be about a week or so long, and I wouldn't be able to bring much. But assuming my parents ok this (it's 2AM so this is kinda iffy) who would be interested in having a little Laddy to visit them? :O

Discuss if this is silly, overambitious, or the best thing you've ever heard.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-07-2011, 05:35 PM
If you know the people well and are comfortable with trusting them, I say go for it. My parents just traveled in Europe for a month and relied on our relatives for boarding 90% of the time so it made things much cheaper. As a bonus, they had someone who knew the area that could show them around and share the good times with them.

As long as you know the people, it's a really great idea to me. If it's someone you don't really know (well like me for example) then it gets sketchy. They could be totally honest or a big creep (like me for example.) Just be careful.

Jessweeee♪
06-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Sounds like a solid plan, as long as you trust everyone you'll be seeing. Though I would recommend you save some money by visiting someone in the country, that way you can use the rest on school stuff, since this will be occurring between high school and college. The little things like text books and food sneak up on you! I ran up like $600 in text books one semester :|

Jiro
06-14-2011, 06:08 AM
If you came here you could only visit like one of us. Australia is too sparse.