PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Films

Laddy
06-08-2011, 06:46 AM
What are your favorite films?

Mine is a mix of "I'm better than you" snobbery and "I'm such a dork" nerdiness.

1. Citizen Kane
2. Life Is Beautiful
3. Fargo
4. Blade Runner
5. Silence of the Lambs
6. Black Swan
7. Secret of NIMH
8. A Scanner Darkly
9. The Sixth Sense
10. Cabaret

Honorable Mentions: Requiem for a Dream, 12 Angry Men, Princess Mononoke, Toy Story, Fellowship of the Ring, The Dark Knight, The Apartment, To Kill a Mockingbird, My Neighbor Totoro.

What are yours?

cody
06-08-2011, 06:56 AM
I had to check my Facebook to remember.

1. Gattaca
2. Contact
3. Requiem for a Dream
4. Lost in Translation
5. Wall-E
6. Black Swan
7. Princess Mononoke
8. Beauty and the Beast
9. Alien(s)
10. Pan's Labyrinth

Laddy
06-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Goddammit, there's a few more. :/

TrollHunter
06-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Too tired to think up such a list... but I know pulp fictions on there some where...

charliepanayi
06-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Picking my 10 absolute favourite films is way too hard, but this was the 10 I picked for the decade just gone (2000-2009):

1. Mulholland Drive
2. Spirited Away
3. City of God
4. Lost in Translation
5. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
6. Sideways
7. There Will Be Blood
8. The Lives of Others
9. The Incredibles
10. Elephant

Chris
06-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Narrowing it down to just ten seems like an impossible task, and placing them in the correct order, even more so. But these ten movies always end up on any list I put together:

In no particular order:

- Jurassic Park
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Bram Stoker's Dracula
- Mary Reilly
- Hook
- The Land Before Time
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- The Illusionist
- The Little Mermaid
- Cars

NorthernChaosGod
06-08-2011, 10:17 AM
In no real order:
Conan the Barbarian
The Boondock Saints
Requiem for a Dream
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Fight Club
Legend
Terminator 2
Leon
Alien

Pike
06-08-2011, 03:37 PM
I have a harder time picking favorite movies than anything else in the world. Favorite video games? I'll give you a nice long list. Songs? It's a bit more difficult, but I can do that too. Movies? I wouldn't even know where to start. I don't think I even have one single favorite movie anymore.

I also haven't watched any in a really long time, which is terrible seeing as I have a Bachelor of Arts in them.

Jessweeee♪
06-08-2011, 04:42 PM
In no particular order:
The Producers (2005)
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
Pleasantville
Little Miss Sunshine
Toy Story
Spirited Away
The Truman Show

and others I can't think of but I totally like as much as these.

TrollHunter
06-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Ohh how did I forget about spirited away? That movie was a masterpiece of storytelling.
I can't seem to do a list... I like different movies for different things. Be it storytelling (Then I'll throw some Hayao Miyazaki (princess mononoke, spirited away, etc.) or Tarantino (pulp fiction kill bill) in general in there but if I want some action explosions etc. I'll go with a lot of other choices. The branches extend too far to pick a favorite, it'd be easier to pick a top ten favorite movies IN a certain genre, I sadly cannot do such a vague top ten as of now (ow offense just personal problems)
It doesn't help I keep forgetting movies I know and love.

Del Murder
06-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Top 5 (easy):
The Godfather
The Godfather Part II
Jurassic Park
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

Next 5 (harder):
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Star Wars
The Big Lebowski
Die Hard
The Two Towers

Top ten is hard since they get pretty close near the end of the list.

Shiny
06-11-2011, 09:35 AM
I really like Pulp Fiction and The Green Mile. If my top ten favorite films existed, they'd be in there, but I like way too many to limit them to such a short list. Try like favorite 100 films thennn...I could come up with a list but I cba.

I really like all of Tom Hanks' movies. Good actor! :up:

Dreddz
06-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Aliens
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Day of the Dead (1985)
The Fly (1986)
Terminator 2
Rocky
Akira
The Goonies
The Lost Boys
The Running Man

Remon
06-11-2011, 09:39 PM
1. Star Wars IV
2. Spirited Away
3. V for Vendetta
4. Requiem for a dream
5. The curious case of Benjamin Button
6. Mary Poppins
7. Titanic
8. Charlie and the chocolate factory
9. Edward Scissorhands
10. Anastasia

fire_of_avalon
06-12-2011, 02:39 AM
I mean I just can't pick. This is hard. But I love that Secret of NIHM is on your list, Lads.

blackmage_nuke
06-12-2011, 05:48 AM
In no particular Order

1 The Fifth Element
2 Inception
3-5 Back to the Future Trilogy
4 Neon Genesis End of Evangelion
5 Blues Brothers
6 Mean Girls
7 Starwars I Phantom Menace
8 Starwars V Empire Strikes Back
9 One of the Indiana Jones but I cant decide which.
10 I dont know, too many to decide. I want to say Fight Club but that might be because I watched it an hour ago.

Iceglow
06-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Like Shiny I can't do 10 it'd be an injustice to so many great films that I enjoyed a lot. I can say however without doubt that some of the films I would have to consider in regards to this list would definitely include; The LOTR (the entire trilogy if I can get away with it, I mean the books were originally one tome so the films in effect are one film...ahem), Scott Pilgrim VS The World, Aliens, Terminator 2, Pulp Fiction, Resevoir Dogs, Dogma, Clerks, Shaun of The Dead, Hot Fuzz, I Am Legend, Jurassic Park 1 & 2, Top Gun (definitely Top Gun!) Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back, Children of Men, Pirates Of The Carribean, Gattaca, Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, Truman Show, Bruce Almighty....see I just can't do 10 it'd be stupid to continue I haven't even thought of putting in westerns or gangster or war movies I like....

Pheesh
06-13-2011, 03:09 PM
-Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
-Man on Fire
-The Orphanage
-The Bourne Trilogy (Cheating, I know, but I don't care)
-Black Swan
-Cloverfield
-V for Vendetta
-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
-Juno
(500) Days of Summer

That is in no particular order and is missing so many insanely good movies that it's almost not even worth the effort.

Del Murder
06-14-2011, 06:25 AM
Nothing from the 20th century, eh ee? You should watch some movies from it. It's a good century.

Pheesh
06-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Haha, I missed Dead Poet's Society, which is easily above Juno and a few others. There's also Good Will Hunting, Toy Story, Braveheart and quite a few others that I didn't think of at the time. Like I said, it's such a small sample size that it's not even worth reading.

Wolf Kanno
06-14-2011, 09:02 AM
The hard part for me, is that I'm not a movie person, so trying to come up with 10 is quite difficult for me. I can't say this whole list is accurate. :p

1. Mononoke Hime
2. Tenchi Muyo! Tenchi in Love
3. Macross: Do You Remember Love?
4. Grosse Point Blank
5. Tokyo Godfathers
6. The Dark Knight
7. Nightmare Before Christmas
8. A Goofy Movie
9. Wasabi
10. Gun Shy

Parker
06-14-2011, 10:21 AM
In no order of preference:
Magnolia
To Kill a Mockingbird
Bugsy Malone
American Psycho
American Beauty
The Sting
The Royal Tenenbaums
The Shining
Die Hard
Airplane

I find it very hard to make this kind of list.Just kinda looked at my DVDs and made the list of my favourites for all sorts of reasons. No order to the list but if I had to choose a favourite it would be The Royal Tenenbaums.