PDA

View Full Version : Your house or theirs?

Jojee
06-09-2011, 05:06 PM
When you first start dating someone and have sleepovers, or when you have flings / one nighters. If you still live with your parents, pretend that you/they don't. :mog:

I hate bringing people to my place. I think most guys prefer bringing people to theirs, though!

Shlup
06-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Uhm... BJ and I lived with our parents when we were dating, but I stayed at his place anyway. My mother's [now ex] husband was such a pill. Pretty sure BJ's parents thought I came from some kind of shattered home or something, the way I was over there all the time.

When BJ and I first moved out on our own, it was on the same floor of the dorms. I stayed at BJ's more than he stayed at my place, but mostly because he likes his stuff better.

Bunny
06-09-2011, 07:55 PM
I crashed at my girlfriend's parent's house for awhile when I was homeless. Then I moved into my own place and my girlfriend never stayed at her apartment again.

Then we decided to just move in together.

Del Murder
06-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Always her place. It's much easier to leave than to kick someone out.

NorthernChaosGod
06-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Mine, after they leave I can go back to sleep.

Del Murder
06-09-2011, 10:00 PM
What if they don't leave?

NorthernChaosGod
06-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Then they better make me food while I sleep. :colbert:

escobert
06-10-2011, 12:38 AM
I have yet to even step foot in my girlfriends house xD She's just always here.

Peegee
06-10-2011, 01:51 AM

this. also it prevents clingyness, stalking, and explaining my pikachu bedsheets and underwear

NorthernChaosGod
06-10-2011, 02:20 AM
She might not be so clingy if you show her the Pikachu undies though.

Peegee
06-10-2011, 04:57 AM
She might not be so clingy if you show her the Pikachu undies though.

well I showed them to you and you promptly went crazy and forgot it ever happened...

Pheesh
06-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Del's right, much easier to go to their place.

Rostum
06-10-2011, 07:32 AM
My girlfriend and I lived together at my parents place for a few years while I was studying. Now we live in an apartment together.

Parker
06-10-2011, 10:47 AM
My room has all my stuff so when she falls asleep after a lovely rodding I can play my PS3 or read some books.

Her room is much comfier and she always gets her way and we end up staying there most of the time...but it IS much comfier so I don't mind. Her neighbours are loud tho.

Levian
06-10-2011, 11:57 AM
When I was in a relationship it was about 50-50 where we stayed over, but for flings or new beginnings I definitely prefer bringing them over here. That way I can just go to sleep immediately after they leave or don't leave, and all my clothes are here. Also, I work as a sleeping nightwatchmanperson, so I have to stay in my room every other week. Thankfully, I'm free to do whatever I want when I'm on duty.

If there's a fling I don't want to give any information to, like name, address, phone number or anything, then I obviously prefer their place so they don't know where I live. I only did that once though, and I'm glad I didn't give up more information than I did.

Madonna
06-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Are you guys sleazebags or what? I take my prospective partners home to meet the parents and family. If they hate my brothers, like my sister, and suggest we further avoid my parents, then I know it is a good thing.

Plus, my place has a juicer and I know where all the things are in the kitchen. How else am I to cook breakfast?

fire_of_avalon
06-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Captain sleazebag, right here.

Madonna
06-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Good, you can come to my place.

Rantz
06-10-2011, 05:17 PM
What I like to do is take out a map of the city and a ruler - which I naturally carry in my pockets at all times - and ask the other party for the location of their habitat. I then use my ruler to locate the geographic midpoint and suggest we should spend the night together there. Sadly, this offer is often declined, promptly followed by the date ending - I'm not sure why, it's the perfectly balanced method. I suspect my methodological prowess intimidates them; they must realise that I deserve better.

Citizen Bleys
06-10-2011, 05:25 PM
I suspect my methodological prowess intimidates them; they must realise that I deserve better.

Yeah, that's it exactly.

escobert
06-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Are you guys sleazebags or what? I take my prospective partners home to meet the parents and family. If they hate my brothers, like my sister, and suggest we further avoid my parents, then I know it is a good thing.

Plus, my place has a juicer and I know where all the things are in the kitchen. How else am I to cook breakfast?

I hate meeting parents and I hate my girlfriends meeting mine :p

NorthernChaosGod
06-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Meeting parents is too serious, fuck that.

Bunny
06-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Meeting parents isn't too bad if you're awesome.

Which I am.

Sucks for you guys though.

escobert
06-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Once I get to know them it's fine but I hate the not knowing if they're crazy.

And my moms is crazy so I hate dealing with her by myself let alone with my significant other.

Peegee
06-11-2011, 12:38 AM
chinese mothers HATE me. n____________n

NorthernChaosGod
06-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Meeting parents isn't too bad if you're awesome.

Which I am.

Sucks for you guys though.

The parents aren't the problem, Bun Bun. :p

escobert
06-11-2011, 12:55 AM
chinese mothers HATE me. n____________n

yeah my new gfs mom is black and a prison guard >< I'm scared! to meet her!

DMKA
06-11-2011, 02:00 AM
Always their place, always.

This, and I never had to make my place presentable.

Now that I think about it, I've never been asked to leave. I guess that means I was good? :bigsmile:

Carl the Llama
06-11-2011, 02:12 AM

Definitely this, to much hassle to wake up and find the girl you slept with isn't quite the looker you thought she was when she had all her clothes on. ugh.

Jiro
06-14-2011, 06:07 AM
Theirs. Maybe if I have a rockin' crib one day it will be the other way around.

CimminyCricket
06-15-2011, 08:10 AM
When I met my GF I was living in the barracks so there really wasn't much to bring her over to. She's stayed there a few nights, but nothing that even compares to the 5-6 months I spent basically living with her and her roommates. To answer the question, I'd prefer my place simply because I'm very awkward when I go to a new place. I ask to use the bathroom every time I have to use it, I just sit there even when there's no TV or radio on because I'm too nervous to ask for something to do. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that anymore. xD

Shiny
06-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Their's, because most of the people I know don't live over here. If they were to leave my house it would have been like a 1-3 hour trip back to where they live. Plus I have a dog that hates new people. I love meeting parents and roomates. Just smile alot and everything will go well.

Queen Award, First of Her Name
06-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Their place. All of their places. :aimsun: :minicid:

Jiro
06-16-2011, 06:00 AM
You devil you.