PDA

View Full Version : inFamous

Depression Moon
06-10-2011, 12:44 AM
I just beat inFamous the other day and I was quite surprised about the last few bits of the game especially the ending.

Skip the spoiler below if you just want to know my opinion of the game overall and haven't beaten it yet.

I was going to be a good guy for most of the game until I encountered the mission where Kessler took Trish hostage. When he forced me to choose if I wanted to save my girl or the 6 doctors. I thought for a bit and then decided to go for Trish. The 1st time I didn't realize I climbed up the wrong building and climbed the one with the doctors. I immediately reset the game and still got the trophy for it. I redid the mission and climbed the right building. I was pissed to find that it was a trick and Trish was actually with the doctors. I decided to just go bad from there on, but I didn't go around killing citizens off the street, I still helped them, but leeched almost every enemy that I fought. When the next to last mission came I was really thinking about if I should destroy the sphere or use it. Given what has happened to me with Trish and Zeke I thought it would be more realistic for him to use the Ray Sphere. I was fucking pissed when I beat the final boss and found out that he was actually me from the future.
He had set all of it up and wanted me to become evil, so I could handle some kind of threat in the future. I fell right into my own plans. I wasn't really expecting that at all. From then on I've just been doing evil missions and they're a nice change of pace.

Overall this is a fantastic game. I like how varied the use of the powers are. I don't really understand how electric powers gives you the ability to glide though. The combat's the best part of the game and is challenging. The game has a problem with cover sometimes. Sometimes you can't take cover behind stuff that you should and when you do sometimes like when using hanging cover you get a weird angle. In uncharted that's never a problem. It always is here. The game seemed a bit weird in giving out good side missions throughout the game. I probably did about 20 or more of those side missions before I beat the game and only came across 2 good side missions. The game seems picky about what's a good side mission the neutral one seem like they could be good too, but only the ones with the blue inside are the ones that count. The game does have a bit of a problem with pedestrians getting in the way in the middle of fights. I'm glad it doesn't affect my karma because I had hit plenty throughout the game. The graphics look a little funny on some of the characters particularly Trish looks weird.

ljkkjlcm9
06-10-2011, 02:04 AM
The 2nd is just as if not more awesome so far. It also gives you some small perk based on your infamous 1 saves.

THE JACKEL

Pete for President
06-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Digging inFamous 1, but I'm not that far into it yet. I like how you can't just storm in and punch everyone like a one man army, those Reapers can really hurt. Suckerpunch also got it with the collectibles; whenever I need to go somewhere I always pick up some blast shards along the way.

The karma system though... not too sure. Most of the story missions decisions are more a sense of logic instead of a conscience dilemma. That said, I mostly go with the good. On the other hand though, I once thunder dropped from a building into a group of reapers + pedestrians and my karma dropped like a brick for destroying everything/everyone. Being good has it's shortcomings apparently.

Shattered Dreamer
06-10-2011, 10:03 PM
inFamous is definitely a fun game. I love the fact that the Reapers are actually pretty tough and they attack you as a group rather than just throw themselves at you begging for an a$$ kicking! I'll definitely be getting inFamous 2 & thus wetting my appetite for Prototype 2 :bigsmile:

Depression Moon
06-11-2011, 02:48 AM
I was wondering is the game intended to end with an inFamous ranking considering the name of the game.

DMKA
06-11-2011, 03:00 AM
I love the game.

I'm playing InFamous 2 right now and it's superior aside of the fact that they completely changed Cole's appearance and voice. Arrg!

ljkkjlcm9
06-11-2011, 03:21 AM
I was wondering is the game intended to end with an inFamous ranking considering the name of the game.

I would say that there definitely is a lean in that direction. I won't spoil anything. However the evil powers are typically way cooler and Cole looks way better as well.

THE JACKEL

McLovin'
06-27-2011, 06:52 AM
Gameplay is fucking phenomenal. You never get tired of fighting in this game. Most games you always avoid fighting after sometime, but Infamous makes you wanna kick some ass with lightning godliness. And the power to fly/hover was a completely awesome and welcomed surprise.

Loony BoB
06-27-2011, 12:47 PM
I've finished the game on normal with a good character and am now playing the evil character on hard. Once I do this, I should just have maybe one or two bronze trophies that I can pick off on Evil or after the storyline finishes. Yay. I love the game, far more than I originally thought I would. I don't see it as a sandbox game much at all, at least not when you consider other sandbox games... it comes across very Action-RPG for me. Almost Action-Shooter-RPG. But semantics, semantics... it's great! I get the real feeling that you are a character with good personality in a decent world with a few good characters... as opposed to when I played GTA IV where I felt I was just moving a boring character around a boring world with a lot of boring characters (I never got the expansions).

One thing I will say is that I did enjoy the good powers far more than the evil powers. The evil powers make people explode and stuff, which is fun and all, but I hate running out of power and having to charge up. With good powers, I could just shoot the enemy when my power ran out and it would slowly charge back up again that way, and this was supremely effective when fighting in longer battles. Not having such a recharge ability for the evil character is really disappointing for me. At least the railings still charge you up.

I'll consider buying inFAMOUS 2 someday. Although I'm stunned that they changed the lead character so much (well, going by what people are saying). Weird.

Shoeberto
06-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Digging inFamous 1, but I'm not that far into it yet. I like how you can't just storm in and punch everyone like a one man army, those Reapers can really hurt. Suckerpunch also got it with the collectibles; whenever I need to go somewhere I always pick up some blast shards along the way.

The karma system though... not too sure. Most of the story missions decisions are more a sense of logic instead of a conscience dilemma. That said, I mostly go with the good. On the other hand though, I once thunder dropped from a building into a group of reapers + pedestrians and my karma dropped like a brick for destroying everything/everyone. Being good has it's shortcomings apparently.
The karma system was really poorly done for how much it was supposed to be a feature. There's one I remember quite specifically where a bomb is planted at a police station and you can either defuse it or just let it go. Defusing required you go up and press triangle; no minigame, health sacrifice, didn't draw enemies. You just either pressed triangle and got good karma or walked away and got bad karma.

Great game, aside from that and some horrific dialog. It's a pretty cool story, it's just told really poorly.

Del Murder
06-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Downloaded this for free with the Welcome Back campaign so it's on my list to play. I'm excited to hear the combat doesn't get tedious like it does with most action games.

Dreddz
06-27-2011, 10:11 PM
I have the first Infamous and didn't care for it. Played for maybe 8 hours and stopped. The gameplay was weak and none of the enemies were interesting to fight. The city was dull and terribly interesting to explore. The missions were very routine game missions like protect this guy or collect this and that. The story didn't really go anywhere from the 8 hours I played,although I've been told it gets better near the end of the game.

As you might expect, I have no interest in Infamous 2.

Shoeberto
06-27-2011, 11:16 PM
I have the first Infamous and didn't care for it. Played for maybe 8 hours and stopped. The gameplay was weak and none of the enemies were interesting to fight. The city was dull and terribly interesting to explore. The missions were very routine game missions like protect this guy or collect this and that. The story didn't really go anywhere from the 8 hours I played,although I've been told it gets better near the end of the game.

It really does get better. But I guess if you didn't have fun exploring the city using Cole's power, the game probably just isn't for you. The biggest draw is how cool it feels to just running around everywhere, blowing stuff up, which is what a majority of the early missions are focused around.

DMKA
06-28-2011, 12:17 AM
The second one is great, and better, except for the ending is kinda a bummer. The good ending anyway.

McLovin'
06-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Downloaded this for free with the Welcome Back campaign so it's on my list to play. I'm excited to hear the combat doesn't get tedious like it does with most action games.

You definitely want to play on Hard.

Slothy
06-29-2011, 08:13 PM

I meant to comment on this when I originally saw it but then I forgot. I have to agree with Dreddz that none of the enemies are all that interesting to fight and that the gameplay is pretty weak overall. In fact, the longer the game goes on the more combat becomes a huge pain in the ass. From what I recall it never really gets far past being a simple beat 'em up and the only change that occurs with the enemies over the course of the game isn't that fights really get any harder or require many changes in tactics, but rather that they just take longer to finish than they do earlier in the game.

Infamous was an ok game but not something I would have been happy to have paid for if I got it before it was a Greatest Hits title. Outside of combat and the story missions there isn't a whole lot to it as far as variety, and like I said, I wasn't very taken with the combat and the story wasn't as great as people make it out to be if you ask me. It's a game that I feel was dramatically undermined by the inclusion of the morality system, and it relies on a lot of superhero tropes that I'm overly familiar with at this point having read superhero comics for more than 20 years now.

Loony BoB
06-29-2011, 11:52 PM
If you read 20 years of comics, I'd be stunned if there are any games where you are a superhero that aren't things you've read/seen a dozen times before. Let alone your next comic.

Combat hasn't become a pain in the ass for me as you can easily avoid "pointless" combat in the game. If you only want to do the missions, you can quite happily outrun the enemies if you really want to. But yeah, the ease of combat and "difficulty increases" in combat are no different to any other shooter. You have your standard gun (bolt), your grenades, your sniper. So I wouldn't say that the combat was somehow much worse than other third person shooters out there.

I definitely wouldn't associate the game with a beat'em'up. Definitely would associate it with the Uncharted style of gameplay, ie a third person shooter where you can climb on walls and stuff.

Slothy
06-30-2011, 12:17 AM
If you read 20 years of comics, I'd be stunned if there are any games where you are a superhero that aren't things you've read/seen a dozen times before. Let alone your next comic.

It does happen more often than you'd think, but even the stuff that's been done before can be presented in an interesting way. But I found that because each plot point in Infamous rarely amounted to much more than an excuse to give the player a good or evil thing to do, any sense of pacing was kind of lost and the presentation left a lot to be desired. Part of it also had to do with the fact that I just really didn't feel Cole was very well developed as a character. Again, I think too much time was spent figuring out choices to give the player, but not nearly enough on the actual presentation of the character.

I wouldn't really compare combat to Uncharted at all though. Uncharted was almost a straight up shooter with excellent movement and cover mechanics. While Infamous does involve more shooting than I may have let on, aiming always felt too touchy to me, and melee combat was far too one dimensional for my liking. Especially when I ended up using it almost as often as shooting. While we're comparing it to Uncharted I'll also say that I hated climbing in this game. Far too often I found myself going off in a direction I didn't want to, or taking ages to climb a building because Cole climbed so slowly. Games like Uncharted and Assassin's Creed 2 made climbing practically a joy unto itself though.

Again, I'm not saying Infamous was terrible. It had a lot of good gameplay ideas in it, but just like the original Assassin's Creed, I think it lacked a lot of the polish and variety needed to make it a truly stand out experience. I hope the second one is better in that regard, but I'll be waiting until the price drops to find out.

I Don't Need A Name
06-30-2011, 12:33 AM
Gameplay is smurfing phenomenal. You never get tired of fighting in this game. Most games you always avoid fighting after sometime, but Infamous makes you wanna kick some ass with lightning godliness. And the power to fly/hover was a completely awesome and welcomed surprise.

You're kidding, right? I was trying not to throw the controller after I had to fight yet another of the same useless henchmen again and again.

Basically this. Nothing about the game was standout. It was Spider-man without the webbing. The only upside was the 'shock' ending that had already been spoiled by every videogame community. The storyline was dry and uninteresting and I couldn't give a rats arse about Cole. Personally, I enjoyed killing him in the hope that his poorly structured, emotionally devoid character would stop coming back.

Depression Moon
06-30-2011, 02:57 AM
I'm surprised about these negative comments. It was one of the most wonderful surprises I've had in all my life.

McLovin'
06-30-2011, 02:57 AM
Gameplay is smurfing phenomenal. You never get tired of fighting in this game. Most games you always avoid fighting after sometime, but Infamous makes you wanna kick some ass with lightning godliness. And the power to fly/hover was a completely awesome and welcomed surprise.

You're kidding, right? I was trying not to throw the controller after I had to fight yet another of the same useless henchmen again and again.

I thought the Reapers looked cool and hit hard enough that you had to actually take cover and think about what you're gonna do. Sometimes you gotta get the hell out of there and climb a roof to snipe. It's fun. That's all that matters. Killing Reapers and the others in this game is fun and it's not hard since you've got a lot of fun powers at your disposal. I don't have to change weapons like in other games; I can just press a button and BAM. You're standards are too high for this FREE game. I play for like an hour and fight some baddies and it's enough. Definitely not a spectacular game but it's fun. :D

Slothy
06-30-2011, 03:22 AM
Killing Reapers and the others in this game is fun and it's not hard since you've got a lot of fun powers at your disposal. I don't have to change weapons like in other games; I can just press a button and BAM. You're standards are too high for this FREE game.

The combat was actually the worst part of the game if you ask me. And the game wasn't free when it came out, so saying anyone's standards are too high for it is a little silly.

Anywho, I just got around to playing the demo for the second game. First I'll retract my statement about Cole climbing too slowly. Not sure why I had that in my head, but it has been a year since I played the original. My problem with climbing in that game was largely the very sensitive and frustrating inaccurate controls. And low and behold, those controls haven't improved at all in the demo. I'll give melee combat credit for being less of a pain in the add then before, but that was really the only change I even noticed. It really seemed like instead of spending the last two years tightening things up and really polishing the gameplay they decided to leave it largely unchanged on the controls front.

That may be fine for fans of the original, but the controls were one of my biggest gripes, with combat being up there as well. Neither has been improved nearly enough for my taste duo I doubt I'll keep up with the series. It's a shame since I liked the sly series and am a big enough fan of superheroes that I do want to like infamous more.

McLovin'
06-30-2011, 08:15 AM
It's definitely unpolished and feels very raw. I think that's what makes it pretty cool, though.

Loony BoB
06-30-2011, 09:14 AM
I'll concede on the climbing controls as there have been frustrating moments. Having said that, I've had frustrating moments with climbing in nearly every game I've ever played. Uncharted is undoubtedly the best of them, though. I'm not sure if it's harsh or not to consider that if it's not the best climber control in the world then it's not good enough. I mean, yes, they should strive to be the best, but only one game can achieve that, so... yeah. But the problem with climbing is probably that it's a 3D affair and you use 2D controls to achieve that movement. Personally, I actually have more problem with the dropping mechanics than the climbing. xD

People keep bringing up the "same, same, same" opponents but... every game is like that. You fight the same guys over and over. This is normal. Are there actually games where every other enemy is that different? I wonder how many different enemies there are in, say, Uncharted or Batman: Arkham Asylum. Even in games like Call of Duty, which I've personally not played. I'm trying to count the types of enemies (bosses excluded) in the game and there are two standard enemies in each zone (the smaller and the bigger guys - I think the bigger guys might take one more shot to kill, but for me the main difference is that they're just easier to hit ;)). The weapons they can hold are miniguns, shotguns, standard guns, grenades and the standard gun holders can also have a shield (and grenade?). Then there are the conduits, of which there are at least four different ones (reaper conduits, the big dustmen conduit and the even bigger dustmen conduit, the 'invisible' conduit and the weird conduit that is operated by a first sons thing). And of course the annoying crab-dog-things. So... I'd say when you come up against an enemy, it can be any of around twelve or more non-boss variants. Which isn't terrible.

Maybe people don't notice how same-same-same enemies are in other games out there because they look a lot more human than in inFamous, or maybe I'm not noticing that there are actually a lot of variants.

I Don't Need A Name
06-30-2011, 11:52 AM
I brought up the point of the same opponents because of the fact that they started to grate on me. My strategy, which worked 3/4 of the time, was jump up, throw a smurf load of grenades, keep running. None of them really posed much of a challenge. And they were more of an annoying hinderance stopping me from finishing the game. I have very little love for the game, which is heightened by my confusion in why everyone finds it some kind of masterpiece.

For me, as I said before, the game was just a rip off of previous Spider-man games, but with lightening. You can have lightning fists (Web gloves), fire balls of lightning (Impact webbing), climb walls, glide (webswing). Even the game mechanics and poor storyline co-incide with that of the Spider-man games. Everything felt like I was back on my PS1, which (for once) wasn't a good feeling.

Loony BoB
06-30-2011, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but I would say it fits somewhere around 7.5 to 8.5 in how good it is, which is easily on the better side of average. And in a lot of games there is a fairly cheap way to win, I guess, but I wonder if you could have done that on hard difficulty. Also, for some reason, despite there being more grenades in 'Evil' than 'Good' for inFamous, I found that the good grenades were far, far more effective at destroying enemies. But that's probably mostly down to me playing my 'Good' game in Normal mode while my 'Evil' game has been in hard mode. Grenades haven't helped me nearly as much, though, and I find myself using standard bolts more than anything else. Grenades are still ideal for most conduits, though, especially the huge ones that throw rocks.

I Don't Need A Name
06-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I did Evil on Hard mode too. They weren't as effective, but I still found them the most effective way of clearing out enemies due to exploding cars and the like

Slothy
06-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Having said that, I've had frustrating moments with climbing in nearly every game I've ever played.

This is certainly true for me as well, but I found that far too often while climbing in Infamous that Cole wasn't doing what I wanted him to do, or even what I thought he should be doing based on the direction I was holding. A lot of the time it seemed like it was almost over correcting for any slight inaccuracy in what direction I was holding. And this drove me absolutely bonkers by the end since climbing was such a huge part of getting around all of the time. On the other hand, I went through Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 with the controls failing me so little that I could probably count the number of times the game misread my intention without running out of fingers to count on. I don't expect perfection, but I do have some really high standards when it comes to controls, and they especially get on my nerves when I'm still putting up with the same mistakes and problems at the end of the game that I was dealing with at the start. Controls are the players connection to the game world and their character after all, and I shouldn't have to be fighting them for the entire game.

People keep bringing up the "same, same, same" opponents but... every game is like that. You fight the same guys over and over. This is normal. Are there actually games where every other enemy is that different? I wonder how many different enemies there are in, say, Uncharted or Batman: Arkham Asylum. Even in games like Call of Duty, which I've personally not played.

I will readily admit that the number of enemies in games like Uncharted or Call of Duty aren't very high. I think they do have more variety than Infamous did, but we may be talking double that at most. The reason that low enemy variety isn't quite as important in those games though is that there is a lot more variety to the environments. Granted, this is largely because they're not sandbox games, but the levels in each can vary radically, and while they may utilize many of the same basic gameplay mechanics in each level, they put them to work in a lot of different combinations, and usually try to throw in something that will make encounters later in the game somewhat novel compared to earlier levels. So rather than relying solely on enemy variety to vary the combat experience, they can vary the level design.

To take the original Modern Warfare as an example, you move from levels made up of very tight enclosed spaces (such as the opening tanker level) to wide open farm fields dotted with small villages, to half destroyed urban warzones and even some fairly intact but deserted cities. And within the spaces of these levels you may end up in situations where it's better to take cover and open fire on enemies as they come at you in waves, provide sniper support, or in some cases use stealth to make it through unseen. And on top of that, many areas have multiple possible paths through them. When fighting in urban areas for instance, you're sometimes left to choose whether you stay at street level with your squad and deal with enemies firing at you both from the street and from the top floors of buildings, or you may choose to duck inside the closest building, go up to the top floor and take the high ground.

The problem with combat in Infamous is that the majority of it takes place either at street level or on the roof tops, or a combination of the two. And combat plays out in almost the exact same way every time because of it. There are no grand strategies to employ because combat in itself wasn't that complex and terrain was rarely a factor in it. The only time I'd usually find myself considering it was if I had to run away for a minute, but even then it was just a question of do I run around the corner, to the next building, or climb? So while enemy variety in Infamous may be somewhat comparable to other games, it's level variety isn't. Now for the record, I think this is a problem with almost any sandbox game out there, but I'm not sure it would have to be if Cole had more combat oriented powers that let him use it to his advantage.

Loony BoB
06-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from in that regard. The vast majority of battles take place in the same environments. They certainly could have done with better cover skills and perhaps even better AI / stealth skills that would make the game a bit more realistic. I found on some occasions that the AI could be too wise to your position, sometimes enemies on the other side of huge walls (ie, the crates that are stacked on top of each other) would follow my position as I ran past on the other side. Obviously they were set to "direct line towards player" mode and that can really be boring. I think if the AI and the cover systems were adjusted then things could have been a lot better. But in sandbox games, I can only guess that it's a rare thing to see such qualities.

Jiro
06-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I did Evil on Hard mode too. They weren't as effective, but I still found them the most effective way of clearing out enemies due to exploding cars and the like

Evil on Hard was a pain in the ass simply because I all I wanted to do was finish the game. I did the mission at the end with the helicopter 80 times to get the exp to get all the abilities though. Fucking infuriating.

Loony BoB
06-30-2011, 01:37 PM
I haven't got to that bit yet, but now I'm afraid. I genuinely wish I did Good on Hard and Bad on Normal instead of the other way around.

Rostum
06-30-2011, 01:49 PM
I must say after watching video reviews I didn't think this game was anything special, but so many people keep raving about it so I downloaded it with the 'Welcome Back' campaign and I'll give it a go eventually. As soon as I can find some time.

Jiro
06-30-2011, 01:50 PM
The mission itself isn't that tough, it's just that I found myself something like 9000exp short with one mission to go. I just had to do this one section repeatedly and then die so I could respawn and kill all the enemies again. 80 times that's not even exaggerating. It was painful man :(

Loony BoB
06-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Should have just fought a bunch of conduits. There are certain places you can almost guarantee them.

I Don't Need A Name
06-30-2011, 02:39 PM
The mission itself isn't that tough, it's just that I found myself something like 9000exp short with one mission to go. I just had to do this one section repeatedly and then die so I could respawn and kill all the enemies again. 80 times that's not even exaggerating. It was painful man :(

Snap Dak. Snap. It was a horribly long evening. I just wanted it to end.

Should have just fought a bunch of conduits. There are certain places you can almost guarantee them.

That's even more tedious. At least when doing a mission, the enemies are guaranteed. I tried to find conduits, and half the time they didn't spawn, so I gave up.

Loony BoB
06-30-2011, 02:58 PM
I guess I'm the only one who figured out where conduits are guaranteed to spawn (obviously you can die once beating them and then start over). =x There were certain areas where you could always get a conduit and about 10 bad guys. It's a "Reaper vs. Dustmen" area most of the time. If you're looking for First Sons conduits, well, I don't know about that. But the giant Dustmen conduits were always in my way when I was trying to move from one area to another, so yeah. It was in the middle of a block in the northern area of the Warrens. Look for the block with the open area in the middle of the block and that was it for me. Not sure if it's "on demand, all the time" but it certainly was always happening for me post-completion of the game.

In my Bad/Hard game, I'm just about to head into the Historic District and I've already got almost every upgrade I care for. I just have the mammoth 12,000 exp required for the final lightning bolt upgrade and then the Gigawatt Blades (I never use them so don't care for that end anyway). Oh, and whatever requires 15 evil missions to be completed. Either way, I'm confident I'll get there. I'd rather just look for conduits in the Warrens to get my experience up than constantly redo a mission, though. Missions may have a lot of guys, but usually you don't have a lot of time or there are some other kind of restrictions about. You can always find enemies if you know where to look, though, so doing it in the regular game is simple as can be. Especially if you still have "lights out" zones where you haven't got the power up yet. Those places are a goldmine for experience.

I find the First Sons not worth the experience with how annoying they are (particularly invisible ones and those stupid flying machines), so I stick to the Warrens for my experience.

Shattered Dreamer
07-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Just finished inFamous & got the bad ending. Not a bad ending I have to say, bit corny but I'm pretty satisfied with the game overall. Gonna start again on Hard & try for good karma

Loony BoB
07-01-2011, 10:14 PM
I have to admit that was one of the easier Platinum trophies out there, or at least it was for me. :p

Pete for President
07-02-2011, 09:37 AM
I too started a new game on bad/hard this week. Thinking about getting the platinum, but collecting all blast shards is somewhat tedious. I think I'm around 300 out of 350 on my good/normal save.

Shattered Dreamer
07-02-2011, 01:44 PM
About half way the Neon district section of the game on hard now & already have to admit the good karma recharge ability has been invaluable!

Del Murder
08-02-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm now on the final mission. Went down the 'Hero' path because I like playing the hero better. I found the combat sections to be pretty fun and definitely not as repetitive as games like Batman or Uncharted. The variety of missions probably helped in that it wasn't always just 'make your way to the next area through scores of enemies' (though there was plenty of that). Cole's powers are pretty cool and innovative.

I felt the story dragged on at first but it is picking up near the end. Getting the Dead Drops helped with that, and I felt they were much better integrated with what was going on in the game than other 'exposition' elements in games (see FFXIII, KH, Batman Arkham Asylum).

My main complaint is the drab setting of the game and the fact that it never changes. Sure, there are three districts, but they are mostly the same. Bland buildings, busted cars, couple of billboards. The whole game takes place outside in a city which is kind of boring, because the city landscape gets repetitive pretty quikcly. The sewer parts did throw some variety in there, but that was it. I would have liked a few more 'inside' locations like that to break up the jumping from bulding to building.

I think I will play it again sometime, just to try the Infamous side of things. Maybe try to get through it quickly without doing many side missions or exploring, because that took most of my time.

ljkkjlcm9
08-02-2011, 10:13 PM
My main complaint is the drab setting of the game and the fact that it never changes. Sure, there are three districts, but they are mostly the same. Bland buildings, busted cars, couple of billboards. The whole game takes place outside in a city which is kind of boring, because the city landscape gets repetitive pretty quikcly. The sewer parts did throw some variety in there, but that was it. I would have liked a few more 'inside' locations like that to break up the jumping from bulding to building.

The 2nd game attempts to fix this. The first area you play in is just like Infamous 1, a big city type area. The second is a partially submerged area. It certainly makes traveling a bit more difficult and adds some extra strategy/variety. The third area is a city type place again, but not so much with buildings, but large DESTRUCTIBLE objects. Honestly almost everything in this third area is destructible. So yeah, it adds a bit more variety in terms of setting.

I definitely like the 2nd better, and I have to say the good abilities FAR outweigh the bad abilities IMO. Granted once you beat the game both good and evil, you can unlock all the abilities!
My only real gripe is the Essentially both endings leave it nigh impossible for any sort of sequel. Especially with how different the two endings are, they'd have to start over/create a new hero and world.

THE JACKEL

CimminyCricket
08-04-2011, 02:31 AM
I was in love with the first one (until I played Prototype, which prevented me from ever going back to inFamous), but I was worried about the second one because they changed what Cole looked like. After reading this thread though, I'm excited to pick it up and play both good and evil. I like ice powers and I saw a picture on the back of the box for inFamous 2 of a really cool explosion of of fire and that made me want to play it. I'm going to pick it up soon, I'm waiting for it to go down in price, since I'm really cheap.

Shaibana
08-15-2011, 02:24 PM
(to first topic entry)
Lol, i tried saving Trish first, but than it appeared she wasnt there, so she fell, and so did my karma :(
So i did it over and saved the doctors... .. and Trish fell again D: But this time not my karma :D

And i just finished Infamous 2 ..
OOOMMGGG D: i hate the ending :'( Cole die's!! i never like it when the main character dies.
But than again at the end movie when Zeke sailes away with the coffin there was a lighting strike.. making some ppl think/hope there wil be an infamous 3 :o
Sure i hope that too, but i dont think there will. that wouldnt do the end of inf2 any good

@ Cim
i was worried about that too, i first didnt like how cole's appearence changed either. but you'll start liking it even better later :D