PDA

View Full Version : 5 things you may not have known about FF 5

Hollycat
06-10-2011, 04:18 AM
lets go to 100

1. FF5 is the first FF in which a character addresses the player (a dancer)
2. first ff to include over 200 types of enemies
3. first appearance of Gilgamesh who later becomes a series staple
4. first ff with a tree as a villian
5. first ff with nameless enemies

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2011, 03:22 AM
6. V is the last numbered, non-MMO FF to have the Harp as a weapon.

7. It is also the last numbered, non-MMO FF to have the Bard, Dancer, Hunter, and Red Mage Class.

8. V debuted the Samurai, Berserker, Chemist, Dancer, and Mime classes.

9. It is the first FF to have optional Super Bosses

10. The first FF to have Omega

11. The first FF to use amnesia as a plot device for a main character.

12. The last numbered, non MMO FF to have the crystals send your party on a quest.

13. ExDeath is the first FF villain to have real multiple forms in the last boss fight as opposed to Zeromus where one fight is scripted and the other fight only allows you to do two things.

14. FFV is the last numbered, non-MMO FF to use the traditional job class system.

15. Gogo and Lone Wolf the Pickpocket debuted in FFV.

16. The last FF to have the "travel around the world on a chocobo" quest

17. One of three FFs to let the players control a submarine, the other two being FFIII and FFVII.

18. Has the most world maps in the series (4)

19. Debuted the Excalipoor

20. Was the first FF Tetsuya Nomura worked on as an artist, doing battle graphics and monster designs.

21. Was the first numbered FF Yoshinori Kitase worked on (Field Planner).

22. FFV has more character sprites than any other entry

23. FFV Advance has more jobs than any other numbered entry in the series with 26 classes.

24. Not counting ports or remakes, FFV and FFIII have the same number of classes (and are still more than the rest of the series)

25. Has the smallest cast of playable characters, with actual storylines, in the series (not counting ports or spinoffs).

Elpizo
06-11-2011, 01:41 PM
11. The first FF to use amnesia as a plot device.

Desch (III) would like a word with you, Wolf. :p

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2011, 05:10 AM
I always forget about Desch, but maybe its cause his amnesia lasts the length of dungeon. ;)

Elpizo
06-12-2011, 12:51 PM
I always forget about Desch, but maybe its cause his amnesia lasts the length of dungeon. ;)

Fair point. :D

Wolf Kanno
06-13-2011, 07:37 PM
26. FF iconic monsters Tonberry, Magic Pot, and Movers all debuted in FFV.

27. Iconic FF abilities like Gil Toss and Mug debuted in FFV.

28. If you go by the Amano artwork, all the girls on the team are blonde, while both Bartz and Galuf are albinos.

29. Bartz, Lenna, Krile, and ExDeath all have names that are still somewhat contested by fans and change from translation to translation.

30. FFV was the first FF game to ever receive a sequel in the form of a short OVA series.

31. FFV is the first FF to feature weapons that randomly cast magic spells when used in battle.

32. FFV is the first FF to feature the Blue Mage class and to date has the most Blue Mage spells in the non-MMO FFs in the whole series.

33. FFV is one of six FF games where magic can only be obtained via shops or treasure chests. The others are FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFXI, and FFXII.

34. FFV is the last game to utilize the traditional versions of Knight, Monk, Thief, and Dragoon classes established in the first four games. Later installments tend to add abilites (Knights Break arts and Monk special moves like Meteor Drive) or mix the classes with other classes like X-2's knight class being closer to the Mystic Knight than traditional Knight.

35. Of all the classes introduced in FFV, Samurai oddly enough has had the most radical transformations in later installments and side games, with each incarnation different from the last. Oddly enough, Crono from Chrono Trigger shares more with the core mechanics of the FFV samurai class than established samurai in the series like Cyan, Auron, and Elmdore.

36. FFV is the game that establishes the Dual Cast ability as a Red Mage ability.

37. Bartz is the first carefree main character in the series, and is one of four in the series. The others being Zidane, Tidus, and Vaan. Other main characters are usually a combination of melancholic, stoic, or generally very serious.

38. FFV is the third FF to not feature some form of a love story and is so far one of four FF games to do so. The others being FFI, FFII, and FFXII.

39. FFV is the first FF to feature Mid, the grandson of Cid. Interesting note, is that Balthier from XII's true name has Mid as his middle name and is the son of his games Cid, playing a shout out to FFV.

40. The Brave Blade and Chicken Knife are unique to FFV and FFXI, in the numbered FF franchise.

Roogle
06-15-2011, 11:27 PM
39. FFV is the first FF to feature Mid, the grandson of Cid. Interesting note, is that Balthier from XII's true name has Mid as his middle name and is the son of his games Cid, playing a shout out to FFV.

Interestingly, Final Fantasy IV: The After Years includes a new character named Mid that can be found at Cid's House in Baron. Like Mid in Final Fantasy V, he is the grandson of the Engineer Cid.

Fynn
06-16-2011, 08:21 PM
41. It is one of two FFs to feature crossdressing! :jess: Faris the pirate pretends she's a guy. The other one is FFVII's Wall Market episode.

Dumb point, but still, I know something! :D

Roogle
06-17-2011, 12:20 AM
16. The last FF to have the "travel around the world on a chocobo" quest

Was there any other Final Fantasy game that had a similar sidequest to this, though? I certainly cannot remember one in Final Fantasy or Final Fantasy IV.

Wolf Kanno
06-17-2011, 01:46 AM
FFIII actually, though the quest is before the revelation that you're living on a floating continent.

VeloZer0
06-17-2011, 06:07 AM
That was a side quest? I just did that for fun as soon as I got access to a chocobo.

Greatermaximus
07-05-2011, 09:39 AM
42. Spoiler on what characters you end up with. Three of them and one maybe?
43. You procure a plethora of weapons you can't equip. 12 fabled weapons and more. :eyeroll:
44. I don't know all the FF villians but was there anyone besides ENO who had immortality? And also trading it.
45. Two shops in every town in any other FF?
46. Piano lessons?
47. Learning more aspects about the game from in-game classes over direct programming. (Sprint)
48. Cid and Mid?

Loony BoB
07-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Regarding #43, you can equip the fabled weapons. Pretty sure you can equip every obtainable weapon in the game, actually.

33. FFV is one of six FF games where magic can only be obtained via shops or treasure chests. The others are FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFXI, and FFXII.
FFII and FFXI allow for magic to be obtained via enemies. Not sure about the others.

Greatermaximus
07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
43. Meant to say that there's only too many weapons to use. It must have been late so I don't remember writing that. Oh, well.
48. Sid and Mid already mentioned.
48. Character with too much amnesia?
49. The FF with the fewest if no overstatements. Reference to X-Death, N-Zone excluded.
50. The stats for characters in ending?

Hollycat
07-11-2011, 07:09 PM
43. Meant to say that there's only too many weapons to use. It must have been late so I don't remember writing that. Oh, well.
48. Sid and Mid already mentioned.
48. Character with too much amnesia?
49. The FF with the fewest if no overstatements. Reference to X-Death, N-Zone excluded.
50. The stats for characters in ending?

........ please use complete sentences, this makes no sense.

Greatermaximus
07-12-2011, 06:25 AM
erauqs si dlrow eht.

That better?

Sorry thinking too fast there.

Roogle
07-12-2011, 11:00 PM
erauqs si dlrow eht.

That better?

Sorry thinking too fast there.

What are you trying to say? I am having trouble understanding everything you are saying. Do you understand the purpose of this thread? Your commentary should use the quote function rather than numbered points as the numbers are for listing facts about Final Fantasy V.

Gamblet
10-02-2011, 10:25 PM
51. The first and only FF to introduce aging.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet.

Giga Guess
10-27-2011, 02:13 PM
51. The first and only FF to introduce aging.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet.

As a status, sure.

In general, Rydia would like words.

Gamblet
10-27-2011, 03:00 PM
In general, Rydia would like words.

What do you mean by that?

Wolf Kanno
10-27-2011, 06:53 PM
He's talking about how Rydia starts out as a little girl and due to magical time mumbo-jumnbo she becomes a full grown-up over the course of the game.

Gamblet
10-27-2011, 09:12 PM
He's talking about how Rydia starts out as a little girl and due to magical time mumbo-jumnbo she becomes a full grown-up over the course of the game.

I know that, but how is that related to the thread?

Sefie1999AD
10-27-2011, 09:13 PM
9. It is the first FF to have optional Super Bosses

WarMech from FFI, anyone?

52. FFV is one of the few FFs where the ending has alternative versions. If some of your characters are KO'd or petrified when you beat Neo-Exdeath, those characters don't have the strength to escape the Void and are left behind, seemingly dead. However, they do return later in the ending.

Wolf Kanno
10-28-2011, 02:02 AM
War Mech is a super powerful random encounter, not an optional boss, since you can theoretically fight him as much as you like. He's pretty much like Iron Giant in FFII, Flan Princess in FFIV, and the Brachiosaur in VI. Omega is something you see on the screen and are given the choice to deal with it (and usually die from it) as well as Shinryuu who guards the almighty Ragnarok Sword. Yet their both one time deals and you even get a silly key item for beating Omega that just congratulates you for winning. Warmech just dies and you go on with your life unless you accidentally encounter another one.

TrollHunter
10-28-2011, 04:50 AM

He was saying how Rydia ages considerably over the course of FFIV and you said it was the first to introduce aging.
That only matters if you weren't referring to that (SMURFING TERRIBLE) status ailment though. (where it is indeed the first game to introduce the aging status ailment I believe)

Gamblet
10-28-2011, 10:06 PM

He was saying how Rydia ages considerably over the course of FFIV and you said it was the first to introduce aging.
That only matters if you weren't referring to that (SMURFING TERRIBLE) status ailment though. (where it is indeed the first game to introduce the aging status ailment I believe)

Haha, silly me. Looks like your troll hunt went well. :D
EDIT: NOOOOOOOO, my dragons are dead! *sniff* *runs into the bushes*