PDA

View Full Version : My Dad is Watching Twilight and He Likes it

Shiny
06-12-2011, 04:16 AM
"Oh I like steroid wolves. Nice!" - Him -_-

So my bf and my dad both like this movie and forced me to watch it. I have only seen the first one. Why GOD WHY. Well okay, there's shirtless men so that may have had a bit to do with my decision to sit there, but still.

Have you ever been conned in to doing something you don't want to do? If so, what?

Yar
06-12-2011, 05:36 AM
When did you get a boyfriend and why was I not informed?

Peegee
06-12-2011, 05:46 AM
probably often. the trick is to not let me think or know it's a con, and i won't completely sabotage it.

rubah
06-12-2011, 06:07 AM
I watched the first one at an outdoor screening. It was rapturous

blackmage_nuke
06-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Beware your dad may infact be a teenage girl.

Im usually open to doing anything atleast once so I've never really been conned into anything

TrollHunter
06-12-2011, 06:26 AM
Beware your dad may infact be a teenage girl.

I've heard about things like this happening before, its quite disturbing to be honest.
I don't get conned into doing things I don't want to do, I just annoy everyone who annoyed me into coming.

Shlup
06-12-2011, 07:58 AM
My friend's husband always drags her to the Twilight movies when they come out. It's pretty hilarious. He's a very manly dude too. Like he has a manly beard and a manly ponytail and gives people stitches for a living and wears flannel. And likes Twilight.

I, uhm... BJ's making me get a pap smear on Monday. Boo

Laddy
06-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Abs only do so much.

I'm hemophobic, so I'm dragged to a lot of really :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty slasher films (Piranha 3D, everyone!) that I cover my eyes through.

NorthernChaosGod
06-12-2011, 10:39 AM
My friend's husband always drags her to the Twilight movies when they come out. It's pretty hilarious. He's a very manly dude too. Like he has a manly beard and a manly ponytail and gives people stitches for a living and wears flannel. And likes Twilight.

I, uhm... BJ's making me get a pap smear on Monday. Boo
Wtf is a manly ponytail?

Iceglow
06-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Have you ever been conned in to doing something you don't want to do? If so, what?

You know I think it's called being a dude. If a woman asks you to do anything like:

Shopping
Watching a girly movie
Fix her computer
Giving her a massage (this can be good but face it, generally we're doing it for sex, can't we skip the massage and go to the sex already?)

Generally any of the above is something a guy doesn't want to do. We get conned in to any and all of the above very easily.

Fynn
06-12-2011, 02:55 PM
I actually like girly stuff, sometimes :D 'Tis one of my guilty pleasures. But I went to see Twilight because my girlfriend wanted us to see it. And we both thought it sucked. :jess:

Jessweeee♪
06-12-2011, 03:07 PM

You know I think it's called being a dude. If a woman asks you to do anything like:

Shopping
Watching a girly movie
Fix her computer
Giving her a massage (this can be good but face it, generally we're doing it for sex, can't we skip the massage and go to the sex already?)

Generally any of the above is something a guy doesn't want to do. We get conned in to any and all of the above very easily.

Have you tried telling her you don't enjoy doing these things? The shopping especially! I know while I would enjoy the company and opinion of my boyfriend while shopping, if he didn't want to go with me I would also enjoy being able to dawdle and try on clothes for like four hours without worrying if I'm boring him. Win-win!

Iceglow
06-12-2011, 04:28 PM

Shopping
Watching a girly movie
Fix her computer

Have you tried telling her you don't enjoy doing these things? The shopping especially! I know while I would enjoy the company and opinion of my boyfriend while shopping, if he didn't want to go with me I would also enjoy being able to dawdle and try on clothes for like four hours without worrying if I'm boring him. Win-win!

Ah, but Jess I mean you're not getting the picture here. I mean sure the shopping most guys can escape and do escape. Though there are times where nothing will excuse you from going shopping with a lady, lets not kid ourselves on that.

I guess the biggest way of conning any guy in to anything is 1) Sex because well, guys generally speaking will prostitute themselves out very easily because well, sex is great and there is no such thing as too much sex. I am guessing every woman with a boyfriend has heard at some point or another the "I don't really wanna do it, but for a blowjob I will" line lol. Or 2) The quiet life, we know if we don't do these things even if we don't want to do them we'll never hear the end of it and so it's easier to just do them without comment.

With some of the other things I listed, it's impossible to say "I don't enjoy doing that." At least not without then have the inevitable argument about why you don't want to do that for her and the equally inevitable denial of sex for several days/weeks until you cave in and apologize to her for saying you don't enjoy doing things with her that she enjoys and that of course you enjoy doing these things you were just being an idiot.

The above is true of all things, with exception perhaps of computer repairs because whilst it's a given that you will generally end up doing so it's generally because if you don't she will be using your computer to do everything which means you can't use it yourself and if you raise the point of it being your computer you merely get told "well if you'd fix mine already I wouldn't be on it would I?" You can point out that it's not exactly fun and be all like "Whatever you did to get the virus...please just don't do that again!" but I guarantee you that at some point the girl will screw it up again. Considering that the biggest and best technique for conning a bloke in to doing computer repair for free is sex (unless it's a family member conning the bloke in which case sex would be eww and it's going to be for the quiet life of not having to hear them piss and moan about the computer being broke, well they won't piss and moan about that but they'll find something believe me) he's spent hours (going on how slow windows vista restoration can be in the case of viruses) doing a particularly loathsome task whilst in return what he will get depends entirely on the guys staying power and how much the girl enjoys it too because if she enjoys it he will likely get a repeat performance if she doesn't enjoy it too he is unlikely to get a repeat performance unless the girl is on talking terms still when she later on breaks her computer again. Ironically with the computer repair thing, it is entirely plausible for women to be technologically savvy enough to do these jobs for themselves, most women will expect a man to do these things for them. I remember a girl I went college with, studied the same subjects with asking me to fix her computer which we learnt how to do in class. She had the exact same computer education as I did and was more than capable she just perceived it as a guy thing to do. Sadly for me, I ended up fixing her computer for her rather than telling her to piss off and do it herself and even more sadly I'm willing to admit, I did it for the sex.

Words most men dread the most (aside from the "baby, I'm late" or other subtle pregnancy hint which we positively fear) go along the lines of: "Sweetie, could you just..." it means generally we will end up doing something regardless of our opinion on it.

Bunny
06-12-2011, 05:16 PM
I... um.. no.

escobert
06-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Usually my gfs try to con e into things. Sometimes I give sometimes I don't. My mom also tries to con me into things. damn the women in my life.

Shiny
06-13-2011, 03:00 AM
I didn't think it was possible for a guy to complain more than a girl. Congrats, Iceglow. I've never asked a guy to go shopping with me though. There's no fun in that because we don't share the same taste unless we're shopping at Game Stop.

NorthernChaosGod
06-13-2011, 03:19 AM
Is that really surprising though? It's Steve, anything he says he says with a 1000 word essay.

KentaRawr!
06-13-2011, 09:01 PM

Shopping
Watching a girly movie
Fix her computer

I like shopping, and girly movies are fine by me, and my friends get upset at me when I give them massages when they didn't want any. Am I actually a man? :[

Caelheim
06-13-2011, 10:25 PM
I've been conned into doing things I don't particularly want to do, but for the most part I tend to get my own way...to some extent, at least. I was tricked into going and seeing the Sex in the City movie a while back, though. That was an awful experience in itself!

Shlup
06-14-2011, 12:00 AM
FTR: BJ and I are excellent shopping buddies. Clothes shopping is one of the best things we do together.

Jiro
06-14-2011, 05:42 AM
I don't usually get conned into doing anything. I watched a movie I didn't think I would like but realised I was thinking of another one, so it was fine.

Moral of the story is, if I don't want to do it I don't do it.

aquatius
06-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Are you sure you're not adopted?

My sister made me watch Borat. I didn't like it.

Breine
06-18-2011, 09:30 PM

Ever heard of "Bears"?