PDA

View Full Version : shake weight

Xalibar
06-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Has anyone used this or know anyone that does? Does it actually work?

NorthernChaosGod
06-14-2011, 10:35 AM
No, it doesn't work. Go to the gym.

Peegee
06-14-2011, 04:26 PM
It's times like this I wish I had access to my /fat/ folder

If you do an incredible amount of reps with a small amount of weight, your 1RM will be astronomical. You can then do power liftan and win world records.

you mad?

Jessweeee♪
06-14-2011, 05:05 PM
I think this is better suited for general chat! *moves*

And to answer your question, I'm sure it's good exercise for your arms, but there are more efficient and less silly ways to do this.

Del Murder
06-14-2011, 06:02 PM
It didn't work for you? Were you pumping it up and down as shown in the instructional video? You can't pump too hard or else it will get overworked and stop responding. And too slow will get you no movement at all. You need to do long, broad strokes to get off that great workout.

Pheesh
06-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Leave him alone Del, if he prefers to look at the oiled up muscle men at the Gym then that's his prerogative. Not everyone can shake weight.

I, on the other hand (no pun intended), have been shake weighting since I was 13.

Slothy
06-14-2011, 06:29 PM
And to answer your question, I'm sure it's good exercise for your arms, but there are more efficient and less silly ways to do this.

Will it make your arms tired holding it for a while? Probably. Is it good exercise for your arms? I doubt it.

Best to use your arms the way they were intended doing something with a more complete range of motion.

Shlup
06-14-2011, 08:36 PM
It works about as well as anything else: if you really seriously use it, you might see results, but if you just dick around with it you will not.

It's not nearly as heavy as it looks in the commercial, and it's not battery operated like most people seem to believe it is. It's just a piece of plastic with a grip that you jiggle back and forth.

I can't imagine it's at all better than actual weights. Get yourself a few different sizes of weights, or a resistance band or two, at Wal Mart, and then download P90X and you'll see results much faster.

Madame Adequate
06-14-2011, 08:42 PM
>p90x
>not FN P90

NorthernChaosGod
06-14-2011, 08:57 PM
It didn't work for you? Were you pumping it up and down as shown in the instructional video? You can't pump too hard or else it will get overworked and stop responding. And too slow will get you no movement at all. You need to do long, broad strokes to get off that great workout.
You sound quite familiar with the motion, spend a lot of time jerking weight?

Mirage
06-14-2011, 09:33 PM
The shake weight is a staple joke for every fitness forum on the internet.

Peegee
06-14-2011, 11:58 PM
You sound quite familiar with the motion, spend a lot of time jerking weight?

I prefer cleaning and jerking bc its good full body workout esp if you go through full motion. for you julie id start with something smaller like just yourself.

Laddy
06-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Just use a real penis. Give back.

Peegee
06-15-2011, 11:02 PM
you'll have to show me how first.

Carl the Llama
06-15-2011, 11:56 PM
If you really set on losing weight then I would first suggest watching this:

YouTube - ‪How To Lose Weight - How to Start - Healthy Weight Loss - Losing Weight The Hard Way Antishay Q&A‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZEy3Zi0oE)

This I feel is the most important part of losing weight, watch it and commit to the plan, don't give up, don't give in, don't think "I will do it tomorrow" or "its to late to do it now, its night time, I will just do it in the morning" because the fact is, it is night time (or not) but who says that work outs can't be done at night, if I am honest every time I have worked out this past week, it has been done after everyone in my house has gone to bed, so when I am doing my squat jumps in the living room I don't have to worry about people coming in while I'm topless and sweaty, cause if I am honest, I am no slim jim, but once I have gotten down to a decent weight maybe I will do it during the day or who knows, I may do it at night AND day.

After you have watched this the proceed to watch this:

YouTube - ‪How To Lose Weight Fast Home Workout - Quick Belly Fat Burning Exercises - Under 15 Minutes‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmoU3wxO3B8)

I have committed to lose weight for my sisters wedding, for my personal health and to stop the endless jokes about my weight, I have been only doing it for about a week and if I am honest, this is the first time I have ever spoken to anyone about this, I just decided to do it off of my own back, I do the workout in the second video every day and so far even though its only been a week I find myself feeling really positive in my decision and (most importantly) I am working towards the goal of feeling good about myself again.