PDA

View Full Version : By Robin William's beard!

Ouch!
06-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Greatest commercial ever? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINUfbLV_0M)

Well, might not match up to the old Japanese Zelda commercials, but I was amused regardless. Who's excited? I was going to hold off on the game until they announced that it's the original and Master Quest mode rolled into a single cartridge. Now I'm looking at the money I have on a gift card and thinking that I might just get a 3DS now.

Shlup
06-15-2011, 08:06 PM
I want it. BJ's favorite game is Orcarina, but I've never gotten very far in it 'cause I could never really stand that console generation's graphics.

But I don't really want a 3DS. :/

And I love that commercial.

Slothy
06-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Although I like Ocarina, I have to say I would much rather have that beard than the 3DS required to play this re-release.

Freya
06-15-2011, 08:52 PM
I want a 3DS just for this :( otherwise I don't care. I had my first video game crush on Adult Link From OoT when this came out.

NorthernChaosGod
06-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Although I like Ocarina, I have to say I would much rather have that beard than the 3DS required to play this re-release.

Me too!

I already paid for this game twice on hardware I already owned. I don't think I'll be buying a new version to play on a handheld that needs to be a certain distance from your face or else it's a blurry mess.

DMKA
06-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Fun fact: Robin Williams named his daughter, Zelda, after Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda.

EDIT: Nevermind, I watched the commercial, it already told you that! And yes, it's awesome. :<3:

Honestly I don't think I'll ever understand why so many people worship Orcarina of Time. I must have missed something when I played it nine years ago. Or perhaps I just didn't play it at the right time period? I didn't do so until 2002. I'm sure it was incredible when it was brand new. I just thought it was an average hack n slashy game. Hell I thought the God of War games were more memorable, personally.

Actually I kind of want to play it again on an emulator or something now that it's being hyped up for this rerelease all over again.

Laddy
06-15-2011, 10:37 PM
I wasn't named after a prciness. :(

Pretty sweet commercial. <3 Ocarina.

ljkkjlcm9
06-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Pre-ordered here. Even though i have it for n64 and the gc disc. I never did play through the master quest so i probably will now.

Secondly, you don't need to play in 3d all the time. That's one of the best parts. In any of the big scenes or boss battles i will probably have it on, but for the standard running around i probably won't. Will i use it randomly sometimes? Sure. But either way the game is prettier.

THE JACKEL

Dreddz
06-15-2011, 11:07 PM
A re-release of Ocarina of Time is hardly exciting. People think Square milk FFVII but at least they don't re-release the game over and over and actually try and expand on the universe. Just leave Ocarina of Time as it is and move on. Preferably to a completely new IP that has nothing to do with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Kirby...zzzzzzz

Shlup
06-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Secondly, you don't need to play in 3d all the time. That's one of the best parts. In any of the big scenes or boss battles i will probably have it on, but for the standard running around i probably won't. Will i use it randomly sometimes? Sure. But either way the game is prettier.

THE JACKEL

Yeah but I already have a DS lite, dammit. And a GB Color, and a GB SP, and I've already suffered through all this DS lite XL or whatever crap. Whyyyyy is Nintendo doing this to me?? And why can't I bring myself to hate them for it?

Roogle
06-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Fun fact: Robin Williams named his daughter, Zelda, after Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda.

Yes, I remembered that fact before seeing the commercial. I thought that it was good that they both got to play a role in the marketing of the Zelda series, especially because Robin Williams has been such a fan of it for so long now.

NorthernChaosGod
06-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Because you're a fangirl?

Shlup
06-16-2011, 12:08 AM
Way to call me on it, bitch. :mymelbert:

NorthernChaosGod
06-16-2011, 03:42 AM
I still love you. :(

Rase
06-16-2011, 08:07 AM
This, so much so.

Also, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6oYMtqZk4Y) is nice and all kinds of heartwarming also.

Polnareff
06-16-2011, 12:13 PM
A re-release of Ocarina of Time is hardly exciting. People think Square milk FFVII but at least they don't re-release the game over and over and actually try and expand on the universe. Just leave Ocarina of Time as it is and move on. Preferably to a completely new IP that has nothing to do with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Kirby...zzzzzzz

I think the issue with Square milking FFVII has everything to do with the crappy quality of the games. Just throwing that out there. :p

I.E. it's okay to milk certain series and games sometimes but not if it ends up being completely inferior and even unplayable compared to the other games.

Shattered Dreamer
06-16-2011, 12:20 PM
That ad is awesome :D Also Zelda Williams, yes please :bigsmile:

I played through Ocarina of Time on an N64 emulator, probably one of the best RPG's I've played. Don't think I'll be buying a 3DS though!

Pike
06-16-2011, 04:46 PM
I want the game, primarily because I currently have no access to a N64/GameCube/Wii and thus no access to any of the other incarnations of the game. It wouldn't be as big of a deal for me if I could just turn around and turn on my N64, but I can't, because it's not there, so.

That said, I doubt I'll be getting it anytime soon, because I'm broke as a joke. Someday in the future, though!

KentaRawr!
06-16-2011, 10:25 PM

I think it's worth mentioning that Ocarina of Time's universe has been expanded since its release. Just, it kinda got flooded first. :p Besides, if I'm not wrong, this is only the second time Ocarina of Time is being re-released, the first time being as a pre-order bonus to Wind Waker.

And hey, Mario and Metroid have both advanced quite a bit. Metroid moreso, I think. As for Kirby? Well, Kirby is there to be rehashed. :3 And Star Fox? I think most people want a new Star Fox game just because they milk it so little.

Edit: And oh my gawd I didn't know Robin Williams grew a beard. He actually looks like Santa Clause now.

Ouch!
06-16-2011, 11:17 PM
There was a promotional release for GameCube that had The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask all on one disc. It makes me very, very happy.

KentaRawr!
06-17-2011, 12:31 AM
There was a promotional release for GameCube that had The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask all on one disc. It makes me very, very happy.

Oh yeah, I had that. It made me happy, too!

Then my neighbor stole it and sold it for pot. ;-;

Pike
06-17-2011, 05:48 AM

When I worked at GameStop I saw this disc used for like $20. I considered buying it, then decided against it for some reason.

I've kind of hated myself ever since.

blackmage_nuke
06-17-2011, 07:01 AM
It looks like he's getting ready to play Jumanji

Pike
06-17-2011, 04:18 PM
It looks like he's getting ready to play Jumanji

In the jungle you must wait
Until the dice read five or eight

Iceglow
06-18-2011, 12:22 AM
I got the game mostly because I have a 3DS (I got it for free so can't complain bitches didn't get my money :P lol) and had a couple of games I was willing to trade in (Steel Diver, not a bad 3DS title but short [!] and no real replay value and Nintendogs Poodle edition which hell knows I was never gonna even open) got myself a nice little bargain for the game considering that.

Was never really the biggest Zelda fan but it's definitely one of the better released 3DS titles out there, the other ones being DOA Dimensions, Steel Diver, Pilot Wings and Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Lego Star Wars Clone Wars, Lego Pirates of The Carribean and ofcourse, Super Street Fighter 4. Should be enjoyable and will have a good trade in value for a while if I see something better. [/!]

KentaRawr!
06-18-2011, 12:31 AM
You GOT the game? Doesn't it come out on the 19th?

Iceglow
06-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Not in the UK it don't Friday is UK games release day, so therefore we get it on Friday 17/6/2011. Also 19/6/11 would be Sunday and my birthday, like smurf would I even bother buying a game on what is now affectionately known as "So wankered I can't even remember [!] day" [/!]

Big D
06-18-2011, 11:51 PM
That was actually sweet. I was expecting something along the lines of Patrick Stewart's ads for FFXII, didn't expect the uniquely personal aspect:)