PDA

View Full Version : Singing!

Laddy
06-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Do you enjoy singing?

I love singing! Unfortunately, I'm really a mediocre singer. I mostly sing Robert Plant and Stevie Nicks songs. :D

Peegee
06-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Here's a secret: I want to be better at singing because I am too damned lazy to keep up with my music playing. So while I won't ever be able to play a song on a guitar, I can (and have) serenaded a girl.

Pike
06-16-2011, 04:48 PM
I can carry a tune, and I sing a lot in the shower or in the car.

However, there's a difference between being able to "carry a tune" and being able to "sing", and I really am not good at the latter. Mostly because my voice falls into such a range that I sound like a teenage boy when I sing.

Shoeberto
06-16-2011, 05:12 PM
I mostly sing [...] Stevie Nicks songs. :D
You're the gayest.

I sing whatever is stuck in my head. I like to spit rhymes a lot, too. Biggie's been my main source of lyrical flow lately.

Peegee
06-16-2011, 05:16 PM
you're so white stoooooooooooooo

Yar
06-16-2011, 05:35 PM
I sing. I like singing. Jiro said I can sing slutty songs pretty well. :D

But usually I like singing when no one is around.

Shlup
06-16-2011, 05:36 PM
At least you're mediocre. I'm bad. I sing really loud in the car though. :D

NorthernChaosGod
06-16-2011, 09:25 PM
I sing all the time while driving. :cool:

Angyles Cerddoriaeth
06-17-2011, 04:52 PM
I am always singing, whether it is while I am driving or even in my office at work ((Thank god I can lock people out of my office)).

Hedgy
06-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Do you enjoy singing?

I love singing! Unfortunately, I'm really a mediocre singer. I mostly sing Robert Plant and Stevie Nicks songs. :D

Pity I can't hear you sing, just pleased no-one can hear me sing

Caboose
06-18-2011, 02:31 AM
I couldn't hit a note if I was a garda beating a hippie!

Iceglow
06-18-2011, 03:26 AM
I sing a lot, generally speaking. I would possibly label my memory as a form of eidetic memory but I am not so sure if I truly count as having it as whilst I can definitely remember some things (even one off/once seen events/things) in exacting detail, for example I could to the levels of wear/tear and colour of the items tell you in excruciating details what my ex-fiance wore on our first real date (on our first real date, we ended up at mine) bear in mind we met in November 2004 and most people couldn't tell you what their partner wore 3 days ago or 2 weeks ago even if they went to an important date/event unless prompted or provided photos to check, I have nothing from that night but memory which is for better or worse seared deeply in to my mind forever.

The reason why I doubt the eidetic status of my memory even though there are several pointers which indicate I have at least a sporadic eidetic memory is because I can and do often forget things of great importance and definitely this happens on the short term, I'll be at work doing a task and whilst I can do the task in my sleep I'll be asked for a bit of help by a colleague or by a customer and even if I haven't moved sometimes I'll simply pause and think "What am I doing?" before going "Oh yeah, right!" and carrying on.

Due to my sporadic eidetic memory, I end up knowing the lyrics of entire albums really easily and even years later can listen to an album for the first time in years and word perfect recall every song (Oasis I hadn't listened to in around 13 years when I suddenly got the urge and remembered every lyric in some of my old favourites). Some artists like Linkin Park, 30 Seconds To Mars, Rise Against, Papa Roach, Lost Prophets I can literally scan through their entire discography and with few exceptions pick a song at random and sing along word perfect, it's almost disturbing how clearly I can memorize songs at times. Especially considering the quantity of songs some of these artists have, in my media player when I look at Rise Against it shows some 111 songs in the collection for them spread over some 10 albums. 1 or 2 might be duplicated due to appearances on other albums but there is even counting live or acoustic versions some 90 songs in there which I am fairly confident I would know the lyrics to simply by playing the song and recognizing the opening chords.

As for my singing skills/quality, I don't know if I'm much good at singing but I enjoy it. Other people have also enjoyed hearing me sing in the past including several girls I have dated over the last decade since at least 2 of those relationships have lasted in excess of 3 years at a time, I can only assume I am actually not a terrible singer. I've done karaoke if drunk enough and not been mocked mercilessly for doing so.

Meow
06-18-2011, 05:24 AM
I sang to a crowd of drunks the other night

it was pretty baller

Goldenboko
06-18-2011, 06:10 AM
"I've been afraid of changin'! Cause I built my life around you. But time makes you bolder, even children get older. I'm gettin' older too. :sing:

Laddy
06-18-2011, 06:15 AM
Better not be the Dixie Chicks version. :/

Goldenboko
06-18-2011, 06:18 AM
"Oh Thunder only happens when it's raining! Players only love you when they're playin'! Oh women, they will come and they will go! :sing:

Little known fact, Fleetwood Mac's most brilliant song does not have a single word uttered by Mrs. Nix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ombnqWR3eA)

Fate Fatale
06-18-2011, 01:44 PM
I love singing! I actually pursued going into Musical Theatre at University before deciding on Theatre Directing. I'm a pretty good sight-reader too. I was in Show Choir in high school for four years and did musicals all throughout those years. I like to sing mostly musical theatre stuff, but whenever I get a pop song stuck in my head, I'll sing it a bit too. :)

Topaz Flare
06-18-2011, 02:05 PM
I Love to sing and play guitar. I mostly love to sing Opera or just any random song you can think of. mostly jazz/rnd or pop or alternative

Meow
06-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Little known fact, Fleetwood Mac's most brilliant song does not have a single word uttered by Mrs. Nix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ombnqWR3eA)

GTR: **
BAS: **
DRM: *
VOX: No Part

Vivisteiner
06-18-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm a good singer of classical pieces and have performed quite a lot in concert halls as part of a choir and occasionally as a soloist.

Wish I could sing other styles better though. I feel like there are a few songs I can really nail but most mainstream songs just don't sound that great for my voice. I like a wide variety of music though so there's generally something to keep me going.

Kossage
06-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Singing is one of my passions. I've been performing either in a choir or as a soloist ever since I was 5, so music and I go a long way back; I received music training in an institute as well as in elementary school and upper secondary school. I'm currently singing in our university's choir although I've occasionally had some solo gigs (some of the most memorable ones for me was when I got to sing to my artillery unit during the Sunday morning worship and the military oath recital). Some of the biggest productions that I've been involved in so far have been singing in the choir of Pacius's singspiel Princess of Cyprus and Fauré's Requiem. :)

Pheesh
06-18-2011, 05:11 PM
I sing and play guitar sometimes, if it's a song I know is in my range. Mostly I just stick to learning harmonies and stuff though.

aquatius
06-18-2011, 07:05 PM
I love singing, and I think I'm alright at it. I can hear what's in tune and all that. I just have a bit of a limited range. I'd like to have lessons but I don't have time to fit it in :/

I mainly sing Japanese songs (weeaboo, I know) and Wicked <3

Shiny
06-18-2011, 08:23 PM
I do sing, but I can only sing certain songs. I sing R&B songs relatively well (which is usually quite raspy and deepish), but I actually feel more comfortable singing soprano.

Iceglow
06-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I do sing, but I can only sing certain songs. I sing R&B songs relatively well (which is usually quite raspy and deepish), ...

So in other words, you sing like a man Shiny :P

Shiny
06-21-2011, 09:18 PM
No, I sing like Miley Cyrus. So yeah, I sing like a man.

DMKA
06-22-2011, 10:19 PM
I sing all the time while driving. :cool:

No, I sing like Miley Cyrus. So yeah, I sing like a man.

Me too!

demondude
06-22-2011, 10:39 PM
There is a longstanding tradition amongst a few of my friends that whenever we get drunk and we're at the right dude's place, we have to play Singstar. My passionate renditions of '1985' and 'Self esteem' are something to behold. These are also the only two songs from that particular game I sing. Unfortunately apart from that, I refuse to sing on the grounds that I am an untalented, and some say even say, horrific singer.

Shiny
06-22-2011, 10:51 PM
tiny timmy tokyo (http://youtu.be/ii5IUihNuno)

Laddy
06-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Somebody, give me a song to sing for you!

Rate me and tell me if I'm going to Hollywood! <3

demondude
06-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Somebody, give me a song to sing for you!

Rate me and tell me if I'm going to Hollywood! <3

mOBSCENE by Marilyn Manson.

I want to see this. I need to see this.

NorthernChaosGod
06-23-2011, 12:42 AM
There is a longstanding tradition amongst a few of my friends that whenever we get drunk and we're at the right dude's place, we have to play Singstar. My passionate renditions of '1985' and 'Self esteem' are something to behold. These are also the only two songs from that particular game I sing. Unfortunately apart from that, I refuse to sing on the grounds that I am an untalented, and some say even say, horrific singer.

By The Offspring? :jess:

demondude
06-23-2011, 12:58 AM

Hell yeah! :D

Laddy
06-23-2011, 02:04 AM
PLEASE vote for something else, somebody. Please.

NorthernChaosGod
06-23-2011, 02:52 AM

Hell yeah! :D

I love singing that in Rock Band.

NCG's Left Ear
06-23-2011, 02:57 AM
I don't love it when you sing that in Rock Band. But I tolerate it because you give me access to some pretty cool stuff.

Laddy
06-23-2011, 04:01 AM
I love you, sir.

NorthernChaosGod
06-23-2011, 04:10 AM
I don't love it when you sing that in Rock Band. But I tolerate it because you give me access to some pretty cool stuff.

You're the shit ear anyway, it's all about righty.

demondude
06-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Laddy do mOBSCENE damn it. Also Rock Band and Singstar .... wanna swap? :monster:

NorthernChaosGod
06-23-2011, 07:55 PM
I most definitely do not, I also play drums and guitar. :p

demondude
06-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Well ... well ... I play air guitar. :colbert:

NorthernChaosGod
06-23-2011, 10:35 PM
You can come over and play if you want though! :monster:

Jiro
06-29-2011, 11:27 AM

At the same time?

Loony BoB
06-29-2011, 02:02 PM
I sing both badly and often.

NorthernChaosGod
06-29-2011, 06:59 PM

At the same time?

Not all three, but I can play one of the instruments and sing reasonably well if I'm familiar enough with the song.

Laddy
06-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Dude, anyone else have Rock Band 3? We shoul totally play online. For reals.

demondude
06-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Laddy where's my mOBSCENE?

Goldenboko
06-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Dude, anyone else have Rock Band 3? We shoul totally play online. For reals.

Only if you sing "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" I don't care what the actual song we're suppose to be playing is.

Laddy
06-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Laddy where's my mOBSCENE?

Don't worry, I've gotten through sixteen seconds of it so far. I'm bound to finally slave through the whole thing at some point. Then I can try to record it!

demondude
06-29-2011, 10:42 PM
If you don't do it justice then Leeza will come back to staff and ban you I hope you realise. She has a sixth sense reserved for Manson.