PDA

View Full Version : Foooooooood

Peegee
06-16-2011, 07:48 PM
When I got this job we managed to convince mgmt to let us set up celebrations for people's birthdays and what-not

So 2-3 times a month there's cake and food and pies all over the place. I love it cuz I like eating.

Do your place of work or school or home celebrate this way? How do you celebrate?

My brother's birthday was yesterday so we're celebrating everybody (it's father's day)'s nonsense this saturday.

God I hate cake. Why can't we have fudge.

Rantz
06-16-2011, 08:06 PM
We don't really celebrate that way at work. Only thing I suppose might count is we had a dinner/meeting at a steakhouse. I want to work at a place that gives you lunch buffets every day.

Shlup
06-16-2011, 08:08 PM
I hate cake.

Also, I made this last weekend:

fire_of_avalon
06-16-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm in charge of organizing the celebrations for my place of work. We do ask the employees to bring potluck stuff and we provide main courses, and we have a birthday cake every third Friday of each month.

Next Friday we're having a cookout. I have to think of something to bring and find some really cheap ground beef somewhere. Hopefully somewhere that will form it in to patties for me. And also hotdogs.

Shoeberto
06-16-2011, 08:49 PM
My boss takes the whole team out (7 people!) to a restaurant of the birthday boy's (the whole team is dudes) choice. It is super duper awesome, I don't think there's any month overlaps for anyone on the team so it's spaced out really well.

Peegee
06-16-2011, 09:15 PM
I hate cake.

Also, I made this last weekend:

what is that? is it a cake?

*hi 5* for hating cake n__n

Shlup
06-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah, and it tasted pretty good for being a cake. I made a white cake recipe (with cake flour--big difference!) and added lemon, and then I drizzled honey between the layers. It's the closest I've ever come to liking cake.

Bunny
06-16-2011, 10:21 PM
I hate cake, pie, and almost all other types of baked deserts. I am a heathen and should be lynched for my crimes.

Shlup
06-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Seriously. You get a little worse every day.

I know a lot of people who don't care for cake, but pie?? You're the first pie-hater I've heard of. That's like saying "I don't like bread." There are a billion kinds of pies.

NorthernChaosGod
06-16-2011, 10:47 PM
How the fuck can you people not like cake?

Peegee
06-16-2011, 10:55 PM
How the smurf can you people not like cake?

It's stupid and tastes bad.

Pie can be varied. how can anybody dislike shepherd's ? Or chocolate?

Cheesecake is not cake. I love cheesecake.

Laddy
06-16-2011, 11:07 PM
I get my stupid name on the TV screen on every room once every three fucking hours. Of course, my twin sister is infinitely more popular than I, so it's kinda worthless. :/

Miriel
06-16-2011, 11:47 PM
I hate cake.

We can't be friends anymore. :colbert:

My friends got my a Hello Kitty ice cream cake for my birthday this year. It was rad. The few times when I ever wish I worked in a typical work environment with coworkers and whatnot is when I hear about other people's office parties and birthday lunches. :( I wants.

Brownies > Cake > Cheesecake > Beignets > Crumbles/Crisps > Cookies (only if chewy) > Pies > Tarts

Got I dislike tarts. What a waste of a dessert course. I mean, just randomly eating a tart during the day is fine. But when it's an actual dessert course it's like, really? A tart?

Yar
06-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Peegee are you trolling me? I start diet and exercise and you won't stfu about food.

omg i want cheesecake now, tortehosen

Bunny
06-17-2011, 12:19 AM

I know a lot of people who don't care for cake, but pie?? You're the first pie-hater I've heard of. That's like saying "I don't like bread." There are a billion kinds of pies.

Okay, fine. I don't hate any of those things, but I would rather eat something else than cake or pie. I don't like the texture of pie crust, which is weird. I know a lot of people that don't like cake or pie. Maybe you just need to socialize with different people.

Iceglow
06-17-2011, 12:21 AM
In my job being it's retail we try and arrange the birthday off work if possible. I mean sure working can be fun but being off so you can get wasted is better. If the bosses feel nice we also might end up with the day after off <!-- to recover too. I'm kind of lucky, my birthday being this Sunday means I will be off work. However I am not "officially" celebrating mine (there are a, too many this weekend and b, I just spent £200+ on dental bills this month I need money first) until July 2nd. I've put in for a rota change so I can if possible get the 2nd itself off and told my boss I can work any Sunday next month except the 3rd because on the 3rd I will be a wreck guaranteed.

If you're working on your birthday then generally the bosses try and be nice to you and buy sweeties/cake. Also after work or during your lunch break it is known for the bosses to take you to the pub in this situation I like the idea of that but lunch break pub visits kinda suck as 1) they're an hour long only and 2) you have to drink something soft with the lunch they buy you, no alcohol during shift times, not even 1. If they let you drink they gotta open the floodgates and well most people can control themselves but there'd be at least one wanker who'd get drunk. -->

NorthernChaosGod
06-17-2011, 12:29 AM

Cheesecake is the best, there's no denying that. How can you not like even red velvet cake? It's delicious.

Shoeberto
06-17-2011, 12:31 AM

I have never liked pie and have been vocal about it for years. Pie has many qualities that are easy to dislike.

Peegee
06-17-2011, 12:52 AM

Cheesecake is the best, there's no denying that. How can you not like even red velvet cake? It's delicious.

ew

ice cream cake doesn't count as cake miriel
it is superior to cake
ice cream > ice cream cake > cheesecake > pie > milkshakes > fudge > fondue > tart > crepes > * > cake

Miriel
06-17-2011, 01:20 AM
Ice cream is a dessert, but not a baked dish. It's in a whole separate category. And brownies a la mode > everything else. Except for possibly a oreo/white chocolate pizookie which is the greatest thing in the world.

http://i53.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/23ldzs1.png

fire_of_avalon
06-17-2011, 01:56 AM

I have never liked pie and have been vocal about it for years. Pie has many qualities that are easy to dislike.
You don't like pie or bacon? What the fuck am I supposed to do with that?!

Shoeberto
06-17-2011, 02:22 AM

You don't like pie or bacon? What the smurf am I supposed to do with that?!
Feed me cake and turkey bacon, duh.

Also, Miriel is right. Warm brownies a la mode is kind of fucking fantastic.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-17-2011, 04:36 AM
Maybe it's because of where I'm from, but what about cobblers? Blueberry, raspberry, peach, pear, apple. You bring me some cobbler a la mode and I'm happy.

Peegee
06-17-2011, 04:44 AM
Ice cream is a dessert, but not a baked dish. It's in a whole separate category. And brownies a la mode > everything else. Except for possibly a oreo/white chocolate pizookie which is the greatest thing in the world.

http://i53.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/23ldzs1.png

I forgot about brownies. Mmmmm brownies

http://i54.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2cpzyw7.jpg

I don't know why the hell this is so popular with my roommates years and years ago, but it was. It's just whipped cream and chocolate wafer cookies

I can also make creme brulee but nobody likes it. My brothers say 'it's too sweet' and they eat sugar out of the bag.

Jiro
06-18-2011, 01:15 AM
My english teacher in hs used to have a cake for people's birthdays. We had a lot of double ups which was a bitch, but plenty of cake was enjoyed.

Even when I ended up in another class for senior I wandered over for cake day :jess: