PDA

View Full Version : hey there, I just joined EOFF, But i'd been coming here for many years...

Rowan
06-17-2011, 12:00 AM
I'd been frequenting this site since i was 15, but never joined the forums. Glad to finally be a member. Im already starting to feel like im home, haha. Im glad to be apart of the community here. If anyone has any tips on getting started on this forum and some general FAQ answers to give me, id really appreciate it.
-Cheers.

Edit: just to give an example of how long ive been looking at this site, I use to be able to download all my soundtracks on here before the admins were told they needed to take them down.

Pike
06-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi! :raichu:

Just start posting, and don't forget the place exists, or you'll end up like me and not show up for three years or something. And nobody wants to be like me. Nope.

Jiro
06-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Jesus I think you were lurking before my time. And that was a while ago now, not including my lurkin' days. BUT STILL.

Welcome to the family, Rowan! Avatar and other settings can be accessed through Settings/User CP, everything else is just you havin' a good time!

Rowan
06-18-2011, 01:20 AM
I think 2004 rings a bell for me, Jiro.
I remember downloading each song off the soundtracks one at a time and there were also remixes done by 'ffdj'. I still have some of them on my computer. Im still trying to find my way around this website. Ive set the style to 'aeris reborn', its the one that looks most familiar to me, Although there must have been more before this because I remember a different banner up the top.

Jiro
06-18-2011, 04:26 AM
The banner was updated to fit FFXII characters I think. FFDJ hasn't been here for ages.

And omg you're Australian, I love you!

Citizen Bleys
06-18-2011, 05:56 AM
I think I still have all of ffmusicdj's songs archived, if you need them.

Carl the Llama
06-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Welcome to the Forums! we have had quite a few new people here recently, glad to see this place is picking up again, anyways, what's your favourite FF and (other then the music) what initially drew you to the site? and what made you decide to step on out of the shadows and join us? lol loads of questions but I am a nosey guy, hope you stick around ^^

Rowan
06-18-2011, 09:01 AM
I think I still have all of ffmusicdj's songs archived, if you need them.

Thanks, but no thanks bleys. Im quite content with my 'voices of the lifestream' soundtrack for the time being. Did you start create EoFF?

@kaiserdragon,
My favorite FF is either VII or VIII, I cannot decide between them. FFVII has this very powerful feeling of nostalgia giving it an unfair advantage over the rest and FFVIII was just awesome. The characters, the story, the battle system, optional sidequests etc, everything about it was perfect. What originally drew me to this site was the fact that it was the first site I found which I was comfortable viewing. The constant updates back then about everything new to do with final fantasy gave me a feeling that I was somehow ahead of my friends in terms of knowing whats to come out and whats in the making. Later on the updates seemed to become less regular and I think i gave it a break for a while. I've only returned to it recently and decided to become a member of the forums as a way to interract with other members and get some lively discussion happening.

Im getting use to the format now. I need to post a few more times before I can unlock the VM function and reply to some people. Anyway, I've been apart of another ff forum, not tempted to talk about it at all but I can say my experience wasnt a good one there. Lets see how I go here. If theres anything you think I should know about this forum in particular that might be a little different to other forums or perhaps certain members I should 'not take so seriously' let me know in a PM or something.
Thanks guys

Rantz
06-18-2011, 10:18 AM
There are many members you shouldn't take very seriously. ;) But I'm sure you'll figure out who! Welcome to the forums and such.

Pheesh
06-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Always good to see more Aussie's on the site, and you seem highly personable to boot! ;D

Hope you enjoy your stay and post a whole bunch.

Remon
06-18-2011, 11:20 AM
OMG WELCOME !!!!
:excited::joker::omg::shoot::pinkelephant::count::party::cuch::monkey::quina::snowgirl::peachdance:: plumcheer::mymelkiss::kaocheer:
(someone was complaining about enthusiasm? :p)

Jiro
06-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Well I hope we can make your experience here far superior!

Rowan
10-23-2014, 04:41 AM

Just start posting, and don't forget the place exists, or you'll end up like me and not show up for three years or something. And nobody wants to be like me. Nope.

lol, its been 3 years. Im back.

Mahad
10-23-2014, 05:16 AM
Yo, welcome. You've been here, in a sense, for a far longer period of time than me but hey it's good to see you've finally been convinced that joining officially was worth it.

10-24-2014, 10:31 AM
I too am an old member I remember the old school people LoonyBob, Muuki, Shorty. I haven't been around since 2004 though so hi guys

Shlup
10-24-2014, 11:42 AM

lol, its been 3 years. Im back.
Ha. I like this thread.

I too am an old member I remember the old school people LoonyBob, Muuki, Shorty. I haven't been around since 2004 though so hi guys
Who the hell is Muuky? And Shorty's "old school." That's funny.