PDA

View Full Version : The timing of the reunion

dylamug
06-18-2011, 09:18 AM
why did the jenova reunion happen to start just on the night that cloud and co. spent in the shinra building?

i mean for 5 years, nothing, and then it started all of a sudden.

the most obvious explanation is htat it has to do with jenova detecting cloud when he came near her body, but the question is, why wait for cloud?

the only reason i can think of is that sephiroth remembered that cloud was powerful enough to beat him, and that he figured cloud would be the best tool for him to get the black materia.

Rostum
06-18-2011, 11:13 AM
the most obvious explanation is htat it has to do with jenova detecting cloud when he came near her body, but the question is, why wait for cloud?

the only reason i can think of is that sephiroth remembered that cloud was powerful enough to beat him, and that he figured cloud would be the best tool for him to get the black materia.

This is what I've always thought.

Wolf Kanno
06-19-2011, 04:54 AM
I don't really believe there is anything that triggers is beyond simply being necessary for the plot.

In truth, Cloud and Zack trying to return to Midgard in the first place could have been counted as the start of the Reunion, but I also feel that the Reunion could have actually started after Cloud came to Nibelheim, cause that's when the rest of the Sephy Clones started to move as well. I guess it would depend on whether you feel the Reunion affects all the clones at once or only when they come to proximity to Jenova, or whether Sephiroth simply chose who he wanted to affect on an individual basis.

Mercen-X
06-19-2011, 10:48 PM
It's no coincidence that when you arrive in Nibelheim and see those clones lookin' like a bunch of strung-out druggies that you also happen to find Sephiroth in the basement of the Shinra Mansion. The dude is like waking from a coma and he's taking a refresher course on his / Jenova's history. He takes that moment (shortly before Cloud and crew arrive) to draw these clones to him. Though it's f-ing ridiculous that no one once sees these people pass Cloud and crew even if it was during the Cosmo Canyon events, I'm sure some townie would have noticed and said something but even the Nibelheimers treat these creeps like they're no biggie. That's supposed to be part of the act, I guess, but it just makes them that much more suspicious, God, learn what it means to be an actor!

Shaibana
07-02-2011, 03:01 PM
@ mercen-x

ya but those people @ nibelheim also seem to be brainwashed or something..
like when u ask a lady she says she has lived here for over 10 years, on wich she askes cloud what his busines with the town is.
Cloud says: 'How about being born and raised here?!' on what the lady says he shouldnt lie.

So my guess is that the ppl are also brainwashed in 'accepting' those ghost-like beings