PDA

View Full Version : An e-mail from Loony BoB (or some other such automated message)

Fate Fatale
06-18-2011, 01:26 PM
So, I checked my e-mail today to find THIS in my mailbox:

Hi, Fate Fatale!

It's been a while since we saw you floating around Eyes on Final Fantasy so we figured we'd send you an email in a vain attempt to bug you into posting again. The Ciddies have recently kicked off - EoFF's equivalent of the Oscars, for those of you who aren't aware - and the more people who stop by to join in on the fun, the better! There is allegedly something cooked up for shortly after the Ciddies, too, according to my contacts around the forums...

Oh, and the new frontsite is in the works at the moment, a complete revamp done from scratch by the best monkeys we could get our hands on. We'll tell you when it's live and hopefully you'll enjoy a much more interactive experience - you too could end up with your blogs and posts being pushed to the frontsite if things go according to plan!

Anyway, the main point is that we'd like you to come back and make a post or two, as we miss members when they aren't around and we miss you. Well, we probably do. I've obviously set it so banned members don't get this email, but if you were a jerk then maybe we don't miss you. But best be sure and stop by anyway.

~Loony BoB

I found it interesting that the site is sending out automated e-mails to users that have been inactive for some time. Honestly, I don't mind it at all. It shows that my membership here is actually wanted (even if it is an automated message). I can't count how many sites I'll go to for a few weeks and then get busy and never go back again. I'll rediscover it a few months or years later to find that my account has been scrubbed and no one has a clue who I am.

So thanks to EoFF for actually caring enough to set up an automated message to get me to post here. Hopefully it won't be just this once. :)

Cheers!
Fate Fatale

Jiro
06-18-2011, 01:48 PM
It's not automated; BoB actually typed all these emails up. We just decided it was time for some friendly faces to start visiting again!

Glad to see you back! Please never leave :p

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Awesome, I returned just in time to not get such an email! :p

Mirage
06-18-2011, 01:53 PM
You've got the best username on these forums, pant-person.

Psychotic
06-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Loony BoB emailed me once.

Worst Tuesday ever. So much hair. Good God.

Loony BoB
06-18-2011, 02:29 PM
It's not automated; BoB actually typed all these emails up.
Yup, I typed up 21,781 individual emails. Took me forever considering I had to wait something like 10 seconds between each one. My fingers are so sore. :(

Any similarities between the emails received are entirely coincidental. You see, it has your username! I must have typed them out specifically. :shifty:

Really glad to see some members have returned, though. I plan to send another one out when the new site goes live, but we don't really plan ahead otherwise - we just do these things on the spur of the moment. So yeah, definitely makes it more satisifying to see a member come back. :) Stick around, Fate!

Dark Wizard
06-18-2011, 02:36 PM
You've got the best username on these forums, pant-person.

He has grunnies too. :D

Jiro
06-18-2011, 02:38 PM
omg more people! How exciting, welcome back! :hyper:

Fate Fatale
06-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Too. Excited. :|

Haha. I'm sort of glad to be back!

Meow
06-18-2011, 04:14 PM
the eoff estranged are all pretty missable people

wait

Pike
06-18-2011, 04:15 PM
This email is working wonders

I'd like to propose a toast to whoever came up with the idea for them

Rantz
06-18-2011, 04:45 PM
I quite remember you. Welcome back, dude, stick around.

Vivisteiner
06-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Welcome back.

Your name does sort of ring a bell but that may just be because I read it 15 minutes ago. :p

aquatius
06-18-2011, 06:46 PM
I got this as well. I forsee myself sticking around for a week at best (I'm so terrible at staying on forums).

But my favourite skin is gone D<

Goldenboko
06-18-2011, 08:27 PM
I care. See look I'm posting. Moving fingers. It's tough. Alright, that's enough physical exercise for today.

KH-Cloudy
06-19-2011, 12:08 AM
BoB has the fingers of a machine. ;)

Madonna
06-19-2011, 12:52 AM
But my favourite skin is gone D<Sleep well, Fluffy Puff, my dark prince.

Rostum
06-19-2011, 01:33 AM
I wish BoB would email me. :(

Fate Fatale
06-19-2011, 03:12 AM
Nostalgia: Goldenboko still using the avatar and sig set I made for him ages ago. :)

Goldenboko
06-19-2011, 03:13 AM
You did a good job on it! It's also adorable.

Loony BoB
06-19-2011, 03:28 AM
Which one, out of curiosity?

Pike - I do like toast. I love crumpets, too. I'll take whatever I can get, though. :aimsun:

Pike
06-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Pike - I do like toast. I love crumpets, too. I'll take whatever I can get, though. :aimsun:

I shall make you crepes or something!

I've no idea how, and truth be told no one should let me near the kitchen, but I'm sure I can sort something out. Right?

:holmes:

Old Manus
06-19-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm back. That email was the catalyst I needed.

aquatius
06-19-2011, 06:39 PM

I can't remember the name of it but basically it was brown and there was a banner with Vivi and Ifrit and some other characters on it.

Fate Fatale
06-19-2011, 08:39 PM

I can't remember the name of it but basically it was brown and there was a banner with Vivi and Ifrit and some other characters on it.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and in the box that says "-- NeoClassic" Click and it and switch to one of the "---- EOFF Aeris Reborn" ones.

Queen Award, First of Her Name
06-19-2011, 08:44 PM
On a sidenote, anyone who has returned can - from their very brief amount of time since they have returned - still nominate in the Ciddies, you know. :shifty:

Pike
06-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Scroll to the bottom of the page and in the box that says "-- NeoClassic" Click and it and switch to one of the "---- EOFF Aeris Reborn" ones.

Wat, it's like someone just fed me a nostalgia pancake.

LoRdAuRon
06-19-2011, 09:39 PM
That e-mail is win! :)

Jiro
06-20-2011, 01:47 AM
I don't think a call to arms was ever this successful!

aquatius
06-20-2011, 04:09 PM

Oh, OK well I'm blind then apparently ._.

Thank you!

Fate Fatale
06-21-2011, 03:01 AM

Oh, OK well I'm blind then apparently ._.

Thank you!

Pahaha. No problem. Always glad to help out! :)

Carl the Llama
07-03-2011, 09:42 PM
How did I miss this thread, welcome back guys!

Rebellious Eagle
07-03-2011, 10:58 PM
I didn't get any "come back" e-mails. Am I not wanted here? D:

NorthernChaosGod
07-03-2011, 11:17 PM
You're more than wanted. :jokey:

Seriously though, I don't think you were gone long enough. :p

Loony BoB
07-04-2011, 08:57 AM
I didn't get any "come back" e-mails. Am I not wanted here? D:
Coulda sworn you were on the list, actually. D= Odd. I think it was sent to everyone who had not posted after 1st May 2011 and was sent within a day before this thread was posted.

Madonna
07-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Some people block your spam, Lonny Bob.

Loony BoB
07-05-2011, 11:35 AM
That's true. Oh, it wasn't sent to people who have opted out of receiving admin emails, either. We can send them to those members as well (for example if we suffered a PSN-esque hacking obviously it has to be done) but I don't think this kind of email would have been worthy of breaking that agreement. :p

Christmas
03-11-2022, 04:41 AM
No one ever typed this to me. :(

Quindiana Jones
03-11-2022, 03:49 PM
I think you post too often to warrant it.

plz dun leave

Del Murder
03-11-2022, 07:26 PM
Bump this thread again in like 2 days and I'll look into the specific criteria that led to BoB's email. Maybe we should send another one for a good ol' fashioned oldbie blitz return.

Christmas
03-11-2022, 10:42 PM
Bump this thread again in like 2 days and I'll look into the specific criteria that led to BoB's email. Maybe we should send another one for a good ol' fashioned oldbie blitz return.

Quin my dear, see this done. I will vote for you in whatever crap that involves you vs Psychotic. :bigsmile: