PDA

View Full Version : Plumbers Don't Wear Ties

Jessweeee♪
06-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Now I'm not exactly what you'd call a "fan" of the Angry Video Game Nerd, but this review is pretty golden.

Slightly NSFW, there are naked people, but they are censored.
ScrewAttack Video Game, Angry Video Game Nerd: Plumbers Don't Wear Ties | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/52921)

It's a slideshow made in Windows Movie Maker about this plumber dude who's mom is like "I WANT GRANDKIDS" and he chills in the parking lot for a couple of hours for no reason while this chick is going to a job interview. Then the interviewer is like "tits or gtfo" and she's like Ew! No! I'm leaving you perv!" but takes her shirt off before she does that anyway. And it's just pretty awful.

aquatius
06-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Dog applause <3

Polnareff
06-18-2011, 09:08 PM
What's scary is, I actually owned this game once. Bought it at a garage sale not even knowing what it was. Then I found out what it was and played through it anyway. Worst gaming experience of my life next to playing Test Drive Off Road 1, and goddamn I've had some bad gaming experiences. Not to mention the stupid ending where you just see a handful of pictures (or something like that).

Fynn
06-18-2011, 10:26 PM
I can't believe someone actually made a game like this.

Dreddz
06-18-2011, 10:31 PM
The 3DO was something special alright.

Polnareff
06-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Yeah, with this, Cannon Fodder, PO'ed, Ballz 3D, and that poop-tacular port of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo it was one hell of a system.

Speaking of which, I have a chance to get a 3DO for 40 bucks, but haven't decided if I'll jump on it this time or not. When I got one the last time it was 70 so I probably will. :p

NorthernChaosGod
06-19-2011, 02:41 AM
Calling that "game" a pile of shit is both an insult to games and to piles of shit.

DMKA
06-19-2011, 05:05 AM
Yeah, with this, Cannon Fodder, PO'ed, Ballz 3D, and that poop-tacular port of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo it was one hell of a system.

Speaking of which, I have a chance to get a 3DO for 40 bucks, but haven't decided if I'll jump on it this time or not. When I got one the last time it was 70 so I probably will. :p

To be the devil's advocate, the 3DO port of Samurai Shodown was fantastic. It was an exact replica of the arcade version.

Madonna
06-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Yeah, no, you are probably thinking of the Neo Geo, whose console pretty much was an arcade machine in a small bundle of joy.

Carl the Llama
06-19-2011, 11:02 PM
With games like this I am not surprised we gamers keep getting stereo typed.

it gets a rating of the full 5 turkeys xD

sharkythesharkdogg
06-19-2011, 11:15 PM
To be the devil's advocate, the 3DO port of Samurai Shodown was fantastic. It was an exact replica of the arcade version.

Yeah, no, you are probably thinking of the Neo Geo, whose console pretty much was an arcade machine in a small bundle of joy.

I also believe you're thinking of the Neo Geo. The 3DO had Gex and Vectorman (I think) that were decent and that's about it.

Polnareff
06-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Cannon Fodder was pretty good too but other than that.....

NorthernChaosGod
06-20-2011, 07:28 AM
Didn't the AVGN say that the 3DO had a good port of Street Fighter II? o_O

Polnareff
06-20-2011, 02:08 PM
If he did then he's completely wrong. SSF2T is horrible on 3DO. For example, Zangief's air attack animations are pretty much mostly the same, there are frames missing, certain combos don't work, etc.

I mean, AVGN isn't always right. :p

The funny thing about the 3DO port is that people praise it all to hell, when in reality the only worse port of SSF2T is the one on PS2 that was included in Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2.

Hell, even the Playstation version is better. THE PLAYSTATION VERSION. :|

NorthernChaosGod
06-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Like I ever owned a 3DO to play it.

Roogle
06-20-2011, 10:06 PM
I watch this game every few months with friends for laughs. I think that the development of the game was fairly casual and carefree as evidenced by the fact that one of the actors messed up a line and you hear everyone laughing about it.

My favorite sequence in the game occurs early on if you select the choice that has John and Jane wait to meet each other another time. They think to themselves that the other is not interested since the meeting didn't happen, and then create a long imagine spot in which they become completely different people altogether.

Laddy
06-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Oh God, that was painful.

It's not FMV, it's not a game, it's just stupid, boring, nonesense.

Good god! Romantic comedies are not game material. xD

Polnareff
06-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Like I ever owned a 3DO to play it.

:love:

<is a huge Street fighter mark.

But anyway, yeah, Plumbers Don't Wear Ties was really low-budget even for its time. But that was a time when a lot of FMV games were coming out. I seem to remember the game being pretty short too.

I guess what made me not really like the game was the fact that they already had games like Brain Dead 13 and Dragon's Lair on 3DO which were a lot better.