PDA

View Full Version : No wayyy!

KH-Cloudy
06-19-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm one of the users that received an e-mail from of you loonies to come back to you guys once more! :p Anyways, as soon as I came back, I checked my profile and it says I've been a member since 2005 and it's 2011 now. I'm amused that my account has been here that long, but I haven't been active really in the past two years :(

Has it happened to anyone else that when you come back to something and you check the date, you feel surprised and a sense of veteran-ship(is that even a word/phrase) :p

Shlup
06-19-2011, 12:42 AM
My neopet is older than my sister. Kinda weird.

Pike
06-19-2011, 03:06 AM
Has it happened to anyone else that when you come back to something and you check the date, you feel surprised and a sense of veteran-ship(is that even a word/phrase) :p

I signed up here in 2005 and I still feel like a massive noob, due to constantly disappearing all the time and so missing out on a lot of goings-on. D: I feel like I hardly know anyone! At least I hung out in IRC sometimes, back in the day? I know the old-time IRC folk a bit better.

My neopet is older than my sister. Kinda weird.

That feel when I still play Neopets. I have 10 million neopoints in the bank. It's not as "much" as it used to be, due to inflation, which has made everything about six or seven times more expensive than it was when I started in 2004. :(

fire_of_avalon
06-19-2011, 05:40 PM
All of my neopets have probably been given up for adoption or starved to death.

Jessweeee♪
06-19-2011, 05:52 PM
They don't starve to death, but they're probably dying. Last I checked they'll just be "dying" until you feed them. But that was like...a year ago, and before that day I logged in maybe two years before. Haw haw, my Neopets have been dying for years.

But anyway, welcome back! I'm glad people are responding to the email :3

theundeadhero
06-20-2011, 05:55 PM
My NES is older than most of the people on this forum.

T-MaN
06-21-2011, 02:01 AM
Just got my e-mail and I was like 0_o

I totally forgot about my interwebz life after I started taking life seriously (Med school = no life). I thank Loony Bob for that e-mail (automatic I'm assuming) to get me connected to my e-roots again :)

While we are on the subject of Neopets...my account is apparently invalid.

KH-Cloudy
06-22-2011, 01:49 AM
My Neopets have probably ate themselves.

Jiro
06-22-2011, 06:04 AM
I never played neopets, apparently that makes me broken.

Ace14
06-22-2011, 02:05 PM
I remember trying to come back here a year or so ago and it just didn't work because everything just felt so different. Getting that email though made me remember all the time I used to spend on here and I missed it. It's so weird to think I joined back in 2005 though! I remember when I first joined the site and now coming back I feel like a veteran or something :p Looking at all the stuff I used to have on my profile like my sig and profile info I feel really silly for putting a lot of it. Coming back here, I feel like, is gonna take some getting used to because its been so long, but hey I bookmarked it now at least.

Also I didn't know neopets was like an actual thing people did, like neopets is popular now? :eek:

Jiro
06-22-2011, 02:32 PM
It was popular a looooong time ago, although there's no reason we can't bring it back and make it popular.

Welcome back Ace14! We all said and did silly things when we were younger, we won't hold it against you, promise :D

Pike
06-22-2011, 04:02 PM
A lot of people still play Neopets. I like being one of those people. :cool:

(To be honest all I really do is play the stock market.)

magewarrior
06-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Sais on my profile that I joined back in 2006. Can't even remember signing up that's how long it's been since I've been active. Still very much a newb, looking back at some of the posts I made I found maybe 5 or 6 in total. Maybe "in"active would be a better word :p lol tbh if it wasn't for the email I got not that long ago from here telling me to return I probably wouldn't have stumbled across this place again. Glad it came when it did. :)

Big D
06-25-2011, 12:13 PM
I totally forgot about my interwebz life after I started taking life seriously (Med school = no life). I thank Loony Bob for that e-mail (automatic I'm assuming) to get me connected to my e-roots again :)It was the other way around for me: I was most active here during uni, then seriously dropped off once full-time employment took hold.

I first joined this place over eight years ago. I was still a teenager, The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy wasn't yet complete, and I was still about four years away from my first grey hair.

Holy crap that's a long time.