PDA

View Full Version : Yu Yu Character?

FFIX Choco Boy
06-21-2011, 03:47 AM
Now here's a good question to ask you all. Out of the good ole "Team Yurameshi", who's your favorite character? Kurama, Hiei, Kuwabara, Genkai, or Yusuke?

NorthernChaosGod
06-21-2011, 10:16 PM
I voted for Hiei, but it's pretty close between him and Kurama.

Wolf Kanno
06-21-2011, 10:42 PM
I have to go with Genkai, cause not only was she a total badass granny, she was a snarky little bitch as well. She easily has the best dialogue in the cast. Beyond that, its tough cause Yu Yu Hakusho is one of the few Shonen series where I actually love most of the cast and the main team.

Depression Moon
06-21-2011, 10:46 PM
I agree with Wolf about the Genkai, but I also put Yusuke up their too because of his mouth.

Polnareff
06-22-2011, 12:35 AM
It's a tough one because I love every character in the series, even Jorge (Ogre). :jess:

But I have to say Kurama. He's proof that looks are deceiving. You got a guy who looks and sounds like a girl and everybody doubts him at first (well, "everybody" being Yusuke and Kuwabara) when they go to fight the Saint Beasts. Hiei sets them straight by explaining that he would never want to fight Kurama because he gets vicious when he fights.

Sure enough Kurama proves himself to have a bit of a maniacal, merciless streak. But at the same time he's not a complete dick. For example he wanted to save his mother with one of the demon artifacts (the mirror) and stepped in front of Yusuke during the Yusuke vs. Hiei fight.

So yeah, Kurama all the way. The funny part is, his "parallel" in Hunter x Hunter, Kurapika, is my favorite character of that series.

EDIT: Nobody voted for Kuwabara. Poor guy. :( Well, I have one thing to say about that. A mulberry is a tree. Kuwabara is a man. :jess:

FFIX Choco Boy
06-22-2011, 01:37 AM
It seems like these five though are the five most appreciated archetypes of Japanese Anime, though, so it is hard to say for most people. I mean, you've got the tough silent type, Hiei. Then Kurama, the kindhearted, yet sadistic, strategist. Kuwabara is the guy who will never give up and always has to do everything himself, usually for a girl. Yusuke is the jackass who has to pull through with everything. And Genkai is, well, like we've said before, a bitch and a badass old lady.

Carl the Llama
06-22-2011, 06:26 AM
I gotta ask... Team Yurameshi?

Polnareff
06-22-2011, 06:43 AM
Yeah it's actually supposed to be Urameshi but it's a forgivable mistake if he watched the Funimation dub. They pronounced his last name as "Yurameshi" when it should be said like "oo-rameshi." :eep:

rinoasknight
06-22-2011, 11:57 AM
I think Kurama because of his versatility the perfect mix of rage,grace and beauty

FFIX Choco Boy
06-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Yeah, Yurameshi. I wasn't paying any attention when I made this thread.

Mercen-X
06-25-2011, 08:49 PM
I kind of want to say I liked everyone, but I marked Hiei anyway. Toshiro Hitsugaya on BLEACH reminds me of Hiei... short with an attitude.

DRAGON OF THE DARKNESS FLAME!

I like Yusuke's "do it my way" attitude.
When Kuwahara comes out of his shell and reveals his honor, he's a really awesome if somewhat distracted character.
Kurama is neat. He's meant to be one of those girly characters, I think, like Kazuki Fuchouin on GetBackers. Really, ridiculously pretty for a guy but also surprisingly powerful. He's also got a fairly well-rounded personality. Not too serious, not too boisterous; methodical and studious without being too anal.

Genkai, I appreciate a lot more when she joins the Dark Tournament as the Masked Fighter, particularly when the Spirit Wave causes her to revert to her younger form and she is gorgeous.

Outside the main cast, I like Chu if only because his personality makes it easy for him and Urameshi to get along. I wished Zeru had survived the tournament. I'm kind of biased toward flame-based characters.
Even though he was a prick and his power really wasn't that impressive in strength, Risho's Armor of Clay looked really cool IMO. Toya's Iced Sword and Jinn's Tornado Fists were also pretty impressive. They also had their honor and jubilism to fall back on even if for some reason I wasn't impressed with their powers.

I appreciated Sazuka giving Kuwabara that item to increase the power of his Spirit Sword. His personality made him interesting although I wasn't particularly impressed with the abilities he displayed during the Dark Tournament.

I really liked the Psychic arc characters, my favorites being Kido (even if his powers were fairly limited), Sensui (naturally, he's got powers out the wazoo), Itsuki because of his somewhat bizarre personality, and Sniper (despite the weird target lock thing where he paints a bullzeye on someone, that somehow annoyed me), but I mostly liked him 'cause he looked cool.

NorthernChaosGod
06-25-2011, 09:56 PM
If I had to pick someone besides the main cast, Jinn is definitely my favorite. That guy was the fucking best.

FFIX Choco Boy
06-26-2011, 01:07 AM
Yeah, everyone loves the Australian Wind Ninja.

black orb
06-28-2011, 05:02 AM
>>> I havent seen that show in ages, I remember the guy with the roses.. yeah, that one was pretty cool..:luca:

Vermachtnis
06-28-2011, 05:24 AM
I liked Kuwabara, he was the only normal human-ish. And he had a dimension cutting spirit sword.

Also SWORD GET LONG is just an awesome battle cry or whatever it was.

Haha_YouAint
06-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Gotta love Hiei.

He was a shorter version of Vegeta from DBZ.

escobert
06-30-2011, 02:05 AM
It's been so long since I've watched this I don't remember :(

Depression Moon
06-30-2011, 02:53 AM
Y'all guys should've been on Youtube when all the seasons were up on there. Samurai Champloo was up there too with every episode.

FFIX Choco Boy
06-30-2011, 05:10 AM
You know what never made sense to me?
Post-Dark Tourney spoilers
It never made sense that Botan didn't actually know that Elder Toguro didn't die. I mean, if she is the grim reaper, wouldn't she have had to ferry him through spirit world as well? And if she did know he was alive, why would she not say something about it? Currently I'm only on episode 71, so no spoilers please, but I think that's a big plot hole.

Mercen-X
07-01-2011, 03:17 AM
I didn't know she ferried demons too...

FFIX Choco Boy
07-01-2011, 03:58 AM
Well, Younger Toguro went through Spirit World when he died, so I'm assuming all demons would just as humans do. I'm just saying, though, wouldn't one of the most dangerous demons to enter the human world be on a priority list or something to at least look for?

Also, spoilers for episodes about 75-80:
I found another reason why Kurama is awesome. I think that when he took Gourmet's head off and trapped Elder Toguro in the Sinning Tree, he became my favorite Anime character ever.

Depression Moon
07-02-2011, 02:48 AM
I always questioned how the grim reaper can't do shit when she's in trouble.

Wolf Kanno
07-02-2011, 04:24 AM
You know what never made sense to me?
Post-Dark Tourney spoilers
It never made sense that Botan didn't actually know that Elder Toguro didn't die. I mean, if she is the grim reaper, wouldn't she have had to ferry him through spirit world as well? And if she did know he was alive, why would she not say something about it? Currently I'm only on episode 71, so no spoilers please, but I think that's a big plot hole.

Cause there is more than one Grim Reaper, if you watch the Movies or some of the later episodes you'll spot them. The real question is how did Koenma not notice cause he's the head boss. Then again, he's pretty incompetent...

Carl the Llama
07-04-2011, 01:51 AM
What ARE you guys talking about? An anime by the sound of it... which one?

FFIX Choco Boy
07-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit Detective.

Edge7
07-04-2011, 05:27 AM
I gotta go with Kurama. He doesn't go into a fight headstrong; he waits for his opponent to reveal his fighting style, then he plans accordingly.

I also like Kuwabara, most likely because despite being the weakest member of the team, he doesn't let it sour his character. Sort of like Yamcha from Dragonball, except Kuwabara won in a fight at least once a Saga.

Depression Moon
07-04-2011, 08:06 PM
What I never understood was that Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Karama were all in middle school. They look nothing around that age. I just pretend like they're in high school.

FFIX Choco Boy
07-08-2011, 12:01 AM
I just came back from half a week at the lake, and finished the last 3 episodes. I have to say, I absolutely loved the ending, and it's my 2nd favorite Anime I've watched so far, and there have been many in my life. Only .Hack//Roots was better, and that's only because Haseo and Sakisaka were both almost as cool as Kurama - only, there were two of them.