PDA

View Full Version : Thai Food

Yar
06-22-2011, 04:53 PM
This thread is about Thai food. If you want to talk about non-Thai Food take it elsewhere.

I love love love Thai food. Thailand is probably my favorite country as far as food. Sooooo good I could eat it everyday. :love:

Pad Thai~<3

Peegee
06-22-2011, 06:27 PM
I went to a vietnamese restaurant and my friend was confusing everything for thai. So he saw Phở and started babbling about pad thai. What a knob.

Rebellious Eagle
06-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Satay is amazing, and so is Pad Thai. I love eating the peanut sauce by itself. x3

Miriel
06-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Thai food is delicious and I feel bad for people who don't like it/never tried it.

Bunny
06-22-2011, 07:46 PM
I don't think I've ever had Thai food. Or at the very least, not enough to make an accurate determination of whether or not I like it.

I want Thai food now.

Agent Proto
06-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Thai food is pretty good! There is a Thai restaurant nearby, I went there one time and had Pad Thai, it was very delicious. I might go there again sometime next month.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-22-2011, 09:09 PM
I love Thai food. I love the soup this local Thai place makes. It's broth is coconut milk and lime juice with bits of mushroom and chicken. Tasty, tasty.

I always order a fish dish I can't remember the name of, or a mango-potato dish.

rubah
06-22-2011, 09:31 PM
one of the thai restaurants back in town had this sweet peanut dish that was basically like eating candy. incredible

only thing I don't lke is when they add a lot of thai basil to a dish. I just can't stand that stuff; it tastes like nothing so much as too much liquorice to me

sharkythesharkdogg
06-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Thai basil is awesome. :colbert:

It's like asking them not to make Saffron or Jasmine rice and Indian restaurants to serve food that doesn't look already digested. :D

Shiny
06-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Pad Thai~<3

Mmm, love the taste but I hate the smell. D:

Miriel
06-23-2011, 01:21 AM
Thai basil is awesome. :colbert:

I LOVE THAI BASIL! More Thai basil in everything!

sharkythesharkdogg
06-23-2011, 02:00 AM
:love: Hell yeah! We'd have a Thai meal romance. It'd be fleeting, shallow, and truly glorious.

Mcallums
06-27-2011, 06:04 AM
For an easy sorbet recipe that tastes like a cross between sorbet and ice cream, try this mango sorbet recipe! Mangoes are now in season, so it's easy to pick a couple up at your local supermarket.
Halloween Scavenger Hunt (http://www.treasurehuntclues.org/halloween-treasure-hunt.html)

Shlup
06-27-2011, 06:13 AM
I have yet to try a Thai dish that I didn't love.

Araciel
06-27-2011, 06:48 AM
tom yum soup and pad thai andthis place we go to makes coconut chicken with dip....so good

Rantz
06-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I've always loved thai, though the thai I tried in the US was superior to the thai I've found here so far - not that I've looked very much. I'm sure there is just as good thai hidden somewhere around here.

Rostum
06-27-2011, 10:08 AM
From what I can have of Thai I've really enjoyed it. I'm allergic to pretty much every kind of nut, so it makes it hard to try a wide range of things. :\

Loony BoB
06-27-2011, 11:39 AM
I do love Thai, but quite like when having Chinese, I am greedy for the many things they have and vastly prefer a buffet so I can have a lot of the various things that look (and usually are) nice as opposed to having a set meal from a menu. Good Thai buffets are hard to find, and the one I liked closed down. :( We have since checked out one of the most highly rated Thai restaurants in Edinburgh and it was really good, but still I did not feel satisfied because I could not have a buffet there.

EDIT: I'm not a fan of sorbet, though.

DMKA
06-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Pad Thai is the best thing ever.

Not sure that actually counts in this thread though seeing as I've always gotten it from Chinese restaurants.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-28-2011, 03:49 AM
I do love Thai, but quite like when having Chinese, I am greedy for the many things they have and vastly prefer a buffet so I can have a lot of the various things that look (and usually are) nice as opposed to having a set meal from a menu. Good Thai buffets are hard to find, and the one I liked closed down. :( We have since checked out one of the most highly rated Thai restaurants in Edinburgh and it was really good, but still I did not feel satisfied because I could not have a buffet there.

I'll do a buffet, but the quality is almost always lacking compared to ordering off the menu. Even the good buffets can't keep it as fresh and tasty. I'd rather have one fresh dish that I ordered.

Loony BoB
06-28-2011, 12:34 PM

I'll do a buffet, but the quality is almost always lacking compared to ordering off the menu. Even the good buffets can't keep it as fresh and tasty. I'd rather have one fresh dish that I ordered.
If I could have about three main meals, I would totally go for that, but whenever I have to pick from a main menu, I'm just looking at all the things I can't have if I order any one of the other items. :( I know it's the same anywhere, but for some reason with foods from Eastern Asia I just want to try more than one thing whenever I eat it! Probably because I don't have it as often and in some cases I'm not sure if I'll like it.

Peegee
06-28-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm inviting boony bob to my wedding now. At the very least if he visits I'll get to meet him and Danielle. Plus there will be multi-course chinese.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-28-2011, 07:31 PM

If I could have about three main meals, I would totally go for that, but whenever I have to pick from a main menu, I'm just looking at all the things I can't have if I order any one of the other items. :( I know it's the same anywhere, but for some reason with foods from Eastern Asia I just want to try more than one thing whenever I eat it! Probably because I don't have it as often and in some cases I'm not sure if I'll like it.

If you like sushi, I know of one place we'd both like. They do a "all you care to eat" sushi deal. You get a list of about 50 different sushi/sashimi items to choose from. You order 3 at a time, and it's made fresh. So it's like a buffet, but also like ordering off the menu. I love it, and I now that I moved I can't find another place like it. :(

Peegee
06-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Come to Canada. Specifically PG-land. It's bloody everywhere.

DMKA
06-28-2011, 11:17 PM

I've always heard that what we Americans all know and love as Chinese food isn't really Chinese at all.

Mo-Nercy
06-29-2011, 10:33 AM

I've always heard that what we Americans all know and love as Chinese food isn't really Chinese at all.
No Chinese person ever would have heard about Honey Chicken before seeing it served at a Chinese restaurant in a Western country.

I really like it though. My girlfriend reckons I'm a huge noob for eating it.

As for Thai food, I like the yellow and green curries with seafood, chicken or duck. That's usually the sort of thing I get when I go to proper Thai restaurant. But since most of my Thai food ends up being bought from the little hole-in-the-wall style kiosks, Pad Thai's are the main choice and anything with cashews running a close second.

Jiro
06-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Ate Thai last night.

Fuck. Yes.

Clo
07-02-2011, 05:40 AM
It seems whenever I go to a Thai restaurant, I can order anything off the menu and like it.

One of my favorites!

Breine
07-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Thai food is delicious, just like most other Asian food. I had some really great Thai food while in Thailand, naturally, but I also went to this really great Thai place in southern China, close to the border of Laos. The food there was so good, and really spicy. YUM!

It's been ages since I've had proper Thai food, though. There are some places here where I live that look quite good, but I have no idea if they actually are. I'll have to try them out at one point.

Peegee
07-05-2011, 11:03 PM

My dad cooks godly Chinese food. The stuff you eat in America might as well be defecate from american mutts.

Shorty
07-06-2011, 05:11 AM
goddamn it, Justy, now this huge dish of Mexican food I have in front of me looks awful. All I want is pad thai. :(

I am also a huge fan of Thai curry. God I love curry. If I just have curry pad thai for the rest of my life, I would be set.