PDA

View Full Version : ***Update*** weight loss

Pumpkin
06-23-2011, 03:43 PM
I did this cuz I know I am not supposed to revive old threads.

I have effectively lost.....2lbs!!! :jess:
I havn't gone completely veggies-nuts diet, nor have I been counting calories, I have pretty much just reduced the things I liked to eat to their lesser fat counter parts. I figure its a start before I start cutting them off. I found these low cal veggie crackers and some oatmeal cookies and I thought they would be gross, but they are so AWESOME. Oh and some 0 cal orange flavored water.
Also, the nuts thing, they don't fill me up. I ate like... the whole can the other day O.O. I was still hungry. I tried to just buy healthier stuff so I wouldn't be tempted, but them my boyfriend showed up yesterday with some junk. I told him he would have to eat it cuz I am on a diet, so he said that's fine by him, but I shouldn't be dieting because the few extra pounds make my butt look nicer....
I been walking more, but not doing much exersize. Only 28 lbs to GO!!!

Peegee
06-23-2011, 04:29 PM
BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv (http://www.bodyrock.tv)
stumptuous.com (http://www.stumptuous.com/) (VERY FRIGGING GOOD SITE)
Beginner's Health and Fitness Guide (http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html) (obligatory /fit/ sticky)

have fun

Shlup
06-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Two pounds is a good start! Changing your eating habits is hard. My favorite snacks are popcorn and sunflower seeds.

Pumpkin
06-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Thank you :jess:

Its kinda discouraging ho, but Im gonna try to keep at it

Shiny
06-24-2011, 02:05 AM

wut did you just call her a ho :lol:

DMKA
06-24-2011, 03:40 AM
I lost 35lbs in a month once.

Eat your heart out Carol Carpenter.

fire_of_avalon
06-24-2011, 03:45 AM
I've lost thirty pounds in the past 6 months and it's been really hard but REALLY rewarding. I'm in high school jeans. High school jeaaaaaaaans. I still have a long way to go to my goal, though. You will be at yours if you keep up the work!

One piece of advice I have is to find foods that are more filling. Nuts have high protein, but you have to eat a lot to get it. The high fat content almost negates the good parts. But if you eat a lot of filling veggies, like cauliflower, zucchini, cabbage and kale. Kaaaaaaaaaaale. Yay.

Mirage
06-24-2011, 03:48 AM
I eat terribly unhealthy foods, but I move enough to make up for it and still slowly but surely lose weight :p.

If I just ate marginally less ice cream and snacks, I would probably lose half a pound a week without changing any of my other eating habits. Right now, it's like a pound a month or two months :p.

Rebellious Eagle
06-24-2011, 03:48 AM
Don't forget the protein. Protein will help build muscle to replace any lost fat.
And drink lots of water! Water is good for flushing your system out and helping you digest. :D

Pumpkin
06-24-2011, 04:23 PM

wut did you just call her a ho :lol:

Sorry I meant though O.O

Peegee
06-24-2011, 06:30 PM
I lost at least 45 lbs my first year and have steadily lost 25 lbs a year since. if I don't have 25 lbs to lose I just put on 12-15 lbs for fun so I have something to do.

there's a satisfying coolface.mp3 when I tell joanne I'm eating mcdonalds bc I am bored and need a fitness goal

that reminds me to post weight loss pics up on fb.

Pike
06-24-2011, 06:39 PM
One time I lost 10 or 12 pounds in a month, which may not seem like too much but when you weigh about 110 or 115 to begin with, as I do, it's pretty noticeable. The reason for the weight loss was some medication I was on which caused it as a side effect. Fortunately I eventually regained the weight.

I do imagine changing one's eating habits would be difficult, so props on that! I uh... I don't care how much I weigh so I eat whatever I want. I eat a lot of junk food. :x So far this hasn't caused any ill side effects, and I'm a pretty standard healthy weight-- probably a combination of getting lucky with genetics/metabolism and the fact that I move around a lot at work-- but I have this fear that it's going to catch up to me some day in the future.

Pumpkin
06-25-2011, 03:19 PM
I never used to gain weight but I had some health issues and was in the hospital a few times and gained some weight and lost some chunks of my hair. Most of my hair grew back, although I still have a few patches in the back of my head, luckily not visible behind the rest of my hair, but I am having alot of trouble losing the weight. Especially since I used to not have to work at it. I ate whatever I wanted and I was just skinny. Just like that. Thats why it's so discouraging.

Peegee
06-26-2011, 10:11 PM
i find it impossible to accept that a person can eat anything and not gain weight. did you also exercise a whole lot more then compared to now?

Pumpkin
06-27-2011, 01:43 PM
I did exersize more, but it was mostly just walking. I would walk everywhere. It wasn't a workout or going out of my way to exersize and it wasn't that much

Old Manus
06-27-2011, 01:52 PM
I eat whatever I like but have stayed at a solid 10-10.5 st since forever. I do play sports though. We'll see what happens after a few months at my job sitting in an office chair all day. Getting fat will be a brand new adventure!

Pike
06-27-2011, 03:42 PM
I did exersize more, but it was mostly just walking. I would walk everywhere. It wasn't a workout or going out of my way to exersize and it wasn't that much

That's sort of where I'm at too, I don't go out of my way to exercise but any job I have ever had has involved walking around (I once brought a pedometer to work and by the end of my eight hour shift I'd walked four or five miles or something) so I'll wager that has something to do with it.

The second I get an office job is the second it's all over for me, I've no doubt. :(

Though on the other hand I once read somewhere that people who fidget a lot tend to weigh less and I fidget like you would NOT believe

Peegee
06-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Paiku, is Milf still harping that exercise is pointless and that he wants to transport his brain into a robot's body?

Exercise is awesome. I dunno how effective fidgeting is for exercise (probably not more than a desk job) - everybody should do it. Not because I want a society of spartans but that it builds strong bones, improvement in nutrition leads to longevity, and limits or eliminates long term nursing care which is a strain on (at least in Ontario) society.

blah blah blah nobody listens to pg. :)

Pike
06-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Paiku, is Milf still harping that exercise is pointless and that he wants to transport his brain into a robot's body?

Well I want that too. Sort of. I want a robot brain as well. :monster:

I've no problem with exercising, I just don't consciously do it. Oh, and here's the fidgeting thing (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A41897-2005Jan27.html).

>implying I'm not bouncing my leg up and down as I write this

Peegee
06-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Robot brains deserves its own GC topic.

on topic:

>The extra motion by lean people is enough to burn about 350 extra calories a day

That sufficient to cover my caloric needs for mild cardio. And actually 350 calories is about 0.7 lbs per week. Granted it's just 0.7 lbs of (whatever), but it's a start.

Freya
06-27-2011, 08:10 PM
In the past 2 and half months due to the couple rounds of steroids i've taken *flex* i've gain almost 20 lbs x.x BUT my sister is coming down to visit for two weeks and to do her Personal Training certification test thing. So I'ma make her be my free PT. Lucky me it's right after my surgery so I can do it! Hopefully by the end of next month I'll be back down to what my normal weight was. Drugs suck and are bad mmmkay.

Although, I need to eat more veggies like foa said. I eat too much meat. I don't wanna be a rabbit! Steak is too tasty!

black orb
06-28-2011, 04:50 AM
>>> Just run/walk a lot.. If you are hardcore try to get a pair of Skechers Shape-Ups SRT/SRR for that, or else you will hurt your feet badly..:luca:

Slothy
06-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Although, I need to eat more veggies like foa said. I eat too much meat. I don't wanna be a rabbit! Steak is too tasty!

How much meat do you actually eat? As long as it's lean you can damn near eat as much as you want and you'll still be able to get lean. In fact, eating enough protein is basically required to get lean.

The worst it would do on it's own is result in faster muscle gain which is why weight on it's own is a poor measure of health. You could lose 15lbs. of fat but add 10-20 in muscle, but if you focus solely on weight you'd think you were making slow or no progress. Hell, even focusing on clothes size can be misleading when you're building muscle while losing fat.

When I started Crossfit I packed on quite a bit of muscle while still losing fat. A few months in I ended up with shirts not fitting in spots where they used to give me no trouble while my pants were feeling loose around the waste, and I hadn't lost a pound. If I remember correctly I had actually gained about 5 or so.

EDIT:

If you are hardcore try to get a pair of Skechers Shape-Ups SRT/SRR for that, or else you will hurt your feet badly..

I wouldn't recommend those shape-ups to anyone personally. I honestly question if the people who designed them ever actually stopped to think about how the foot is supposed to move when walking or running. Some people at Skechers could use a lesson in proper bio-mechanics I think.

You're much better off with a minimalist shoe barring any strange foot condition I'm not aware of. Get something with a thin, flat, flexible sole and have at her. You may find your feet get tired quickly at first, but that's because most modern sneakers don't actually let your feet work the way their intended and you'll need to strengthen the muscles in them. Build up mileage gradually over the course of a few weeks, but your feet, legs, back, and general posture will be better off for it.

Jiro
06-29-2011, 11:07 AM
i find it impossible to accept that a person can eat anything and not gain weight. did you also exercise a whole lot more then compared to now?

I was gonna troool you but then you asked the second question and fuck you peegies.