PDA

View Full Version : Playing Chicks

Laddy
06-26-2011, 05:44 AM
In MMO's I typically play chicks. Mainly Guild Wars. Sure, the Nightfall Rangers are pretty hot, but overall chicks just look cooler than some beefed-up He-Man.

Unfrotunately, this has side effects. Just this day some guy PM'd me to do some questing and then took me out to some strange place and asked me to strip for him. :/

I was like, dude, if you're so desperate to fap you have to virtually pay a fictional character that's probably a dude to strip for you, go make a chick character. He logged off.

Anyway, what gender do you usually play as in MMO's?

Madame Adequate
06-26-2011, 06:21 AM
I don't really pay attention. I just roll whatever I want to roll when I roll. Sometimes it's a guy, sometimes it's a girl. *Shrug* I haven't the first clue why people make such a big deal out of it.

rubah
06-26-2011, 06:21 AM
...my own

VeloZer0
06-26-2011, 06:35 AM
All things being equal I just about always go for the male model, but I usually chose whatever model I think fits the class I am playing best. Stuff like character animations is extremely important to me.

Hollycat
06-26-2011, 06:58 AM
In games I usually play as a girl because I think the idea of a girl swinging a huge blade or stuff like that is awesome. Also because Girls are prettier and dont make weird grunt sounds when attacking. FYI, I have never played a MMO

Pike
06-26-2011, 07:06 AM
I don't really pay attention. I just roll whatever I want to roll when I roll. Sometimes it's a guy, sometimes it's a girl. *Shrug* I haven't the first clue why people make such a big deal out of it.

This, exactly.

I have noticed a trend where females IRL tend to exclusively roll females in games, and I did the same for a while as well, but then I started to just roll based on character ideas (I'm sort of an RP dork who never RPs) so, for example, by the end of my WoW playing career I was probably playing more male characters than female ones. It just really depended on my character idea at the time. That's how I approach it.

G13
06-26-2011, 07:26 AM
I've only ever played as a guy, not that I'm against playing as a girl. I think I play as a dude mostly because it's easier to imagine myself as that character.

Mirage
06-26-2011, 07:43 AM
In MMO's I typically play chicks. Mainly Guild Wars. Sure, the Nightfall Rangers are pretty hot, but overall chicks just look cooler than some beefed-up He-Man.

Unfrotunately, this has side effects. Just this day some guy PM'd me to do some questing and then took me out to some strange place and asked me to strip for him. :/

I was like, dude, if you're so desperate to fap you have to virtually pay a fictional character that's probably a dude to strip for you, go make a chick character. He logged off.

You're a dumbass, I would have taken the money and stripped.

Also, I always play as females.

Laddy
06-26-2011, 07:48 AM
He said he was gonna pay me tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Madonna
06-26-2011, 08:45 AM
Playing as a female character can be nice because then there is yet another thing at which I can look and enjoy as a male chauvinist pig.

NeoCracker
06-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Playing as a female character can be nice because then there is yet another thing at which I can look and enjoy as a male chauvinist pig.

Agent Proto
06-26-2011, 10:45 AM
It doesn't matter which gender I play as. Unless the female has a major disadvantage to the male, I will usually go with the male character. Though, this does remind me of a quick story. I was playing LoTRO with my female elf character that I started, and early into the game, some dude elf PMed me and asked if I had a game bf, and being confused about this question, I said "yes." Lucky for me, he left me alone afterward.

Jiro
06-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Damn Proto, you was gonna pick up.

I probably play male first because the first time I play MMOs someone is standing next to me (that someone is usually whoever is guilting me into playing it). I'm not about to make a sexy sexy woman if there is some creep watching me.

But yeah playing a female means I get to look at an ass I can appreciate.

Old Manus
06-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Back in the days of SPLITSCREEN MULTIPLAYER (Gosh!), if it was a game I was unfamiliar with, I would play as the token female character, just so that if I lost I could just say 'Yeah well I was playing as a girl'.

escobert
06-26-2011, 01:54 PM
My Assassin in Guild Wars is a girl but only because the male armor is horribly ugly.

I prefer playing as a boy than a girl.

ljkkjlcm9
06-26-2011, 02:43 PM
I usually have both. I have certain classes that i play as certain genders.

THE JACKEL

Rantz
06-26-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm with Pike and MILF here. Whatever I feel like at the time.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-26-2011, 04:30 PM
It depends on the style more that the gender. For fighting games I tend to learn the really fast, combo happy female characters and the complete opposite all power male characters first. All the males and females in between don't interest me as much at first.

I liked Makoto from Street Fighter III because she was a slow moving, strong female fighter. You don't get that too often.

For table top, pencil and paper RPG's I switch back and forth between male and female characters. Just depends on my mood.

Mo-Nercy
06-26-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't play MMO's but if I did, I'd probably go for a male character unless there was an awesome female-specific class that I was interested in using.

Fighting games are a different story. If anything I prefer using female characters in those. I like my characters to be somewhat nimble with all sorts of stances, counters, cancels, mix-ups etc. which usually ties me to a female character as my main (or an effeminate guy).

Rostum
06-26-2011, 11:47 PM
I have noticed a trend where females IRL tend to exclusively roll females in games.

I met quite a few girls that played a Galka in FFXI (a male only race), simply for the fact that they hated guys hitting on them, lol.

Anyways, I don't care what I pick but I usually just go with a dude.

NorthernChaosGod
06-27-2011, 12:08 AM
I don't play MMOs, but my Spartan on Halo Reach is male. People tend to go after the girls and teabag them just because.

DMKA
06-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Opportunity given, I always play the beefiest muscle dude available.

Unless it's a fighting game. Than I almost always play as a chick.

Vermachtnis
06-27-2011, 07:25 AM
I almost always play as girls. Cause physically imposing chicks are awesome and since at the time and even now they're rare, I go and make my own. Two people are a lot nicer when you're a girl character. And three, if I'm going to be staring at an ass for 100 bajillion hours, I want to stare at a nice ass.

Loony BoB
06-27-2011, 01:23 PM
If it's an online game where people might not know who I am irl, I play as a guy. I like to be represented somewhat accurately (ie, a guy and usually a 'good' character) so when someone talks to me, they have at least a vague idea of what I am possibly like. However, offline, I don't really care so much. I suppose I do pick guys more often than girls, but sometimes when you have fixed characters to select from (eg. fighting games, RPGs, beat'em'up games, etc) I will pick a female character because none of the male characters appeal to me.

Polnareff
06-27-2011, 03:18 PM
I play as whoever I want in whatever game.

Although in the past, especially in fighting games, I have used females a lot. For example, in Street Fighter Alpha 3 I use R. Mika (a female wrestler), and in Super Street Fighter IV I used Makoto for a time until I switched to T. Hawk.

In Mario Party I always, ALWAYS use Peach, just to be a troll. :jess:

Pike
06-27-2011, 03:36 PM
I almost always play as girls. Cause physically imposing chicks are awesome and since at the time and even now they're rare, I go and make my own. Two people are a lot nicer when you're a girl character. And three, if I'm going to be staring at an ass for 100 bajillion hours, I want to stare at a nice ass.

Story time: I used to think that "I play a girl because I want to stare at a nice ass" was a bit of a silly reason. I wrote it off as a guy thing that I didn't quite get.

Then one day I rolled a male blood elf in WoW and now I understand. :shobon:

Madame Adequate
06-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Steph I hate to tell you this, but you didn't roll a Male Belf, because there are no Male Belfs. There are Female Belfs, and Tall Female Belfs. You lesbian.

Del Murder
06-27-2011, 07:31 PM
I always play a guy, but I'm not opposed to playing a chick character if they look better than the dude characters, which in FFXIV appears to be the case.

I don't have a problem with other people playing characters outside their gender. I've known tons of Manthras in FFXI. Like MILF says you just play what you want to play. It's just a game. What bothers me is when they get really into the role and pretend like they are girls playing girls. I've known some people in FFXI who did this and it creeped me out.

Loony BoB
06-28-2011, 12:30 PM
I don't have a problem with other people playing characters outside their gender. I've known tons of Manthras in FFXI. Like MILF says you just play what you want to play. It's just a game. What bothers me is when they get really into the role and pretend like they are girls playing girls. I've known some people in FFXI who did this and it creeped me out.
We knew someone who would constantly "change their mind" about which gender they were and it was really weird.

Rocket Edge
06-28-2011, 02:04 PM
I've only ever played as a guy, not that I'm against playing as a girl. I think I play as a dude mostly because it's easier to imagine myself as that character.

Pike
06-28-2011, 02:52 PM

When I was playing WoW there was someone in our guild for quite some time who not only ever played as girls but also told everyone he was a girl in real life for months. He had a whole "fake backstory" about his real name, relationship status, and everything. He finally let the truth bombshell drop not long before we made him get in Vent for a raid, needless to say it was rather disorienting especially because he had this tendency to "flirt" with anyone and everyone, supposedly in a bid to appear more girlish or something. I dunno. It was really weird.

Later he left and rerolled on another server, where last I heard he'd convinced the entire server that he was a girl again.

Mo-Nercy
06-28-2011, 02:55 PM
In Mario Party I always, ALWAYS use Peach, just to be a troll. :jess:
I have no idea why I do this, but I do it too.

VeloZer0
06-28-2011, 03:02 PM
While people are telling funny guy/girl MMO stories.

My friend played a female priest and never pretended to be a girl. However after grouping with this one guy from a far more prominent guild a few times he noticed that said guy was always really nice to him and always wanted to group. After a little bit we figured it out, he must think he was a girl and have a loser crush on him. He was going to say something, but we all thought it was hilarious and told him that he didn't have to play along, but he couldn't give himself away either.
Then whenever he was offline people would log on to his account and be mildly flirty with this guy, and he kept getting strung along. He must have thought my friend was playing hard to get because sometimes he was super nice and others he was really indifferent. And my friend could never figure out why this guy wouldn't leave him alone. (Though he did get a whole bunch of loot out of it)

G13
06-28-2011, 03:16 PM
I don't play MMOs, but my Spartan on Halo Reach is male. People tend to go after the girls and teabag them just because.

Yeah, if I see a girl playing Halo I attack with a burning rage.

That game brings out the worst in me. :shobon:

Del Murder
06-28-2011, 04:24 PM
I once knew a brother-sister team that played FFXI together. The brother played a female and the sister played a male, and they would be totally in character. She called her brother 'sister' and would get mad at people who called her 'she'. :eep: They had a third sibling that was a guy playing a female character but was up front about it. Then he 'outed' the other two and they got really mad at him and stopped partying with him. Weird family...

Loony BoB
06-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Man, this thread is awesome for the stories that have come out of it.

NorthernChaosGod
06-29-2011, 02:35 AM

You're like one of my RL friends. Anytime we play together and finds a girl on either team, he'll yell out something to the effect "It's a bitch! Get her!" And then just bag her the rest of the match.

Jessweeee♪
06-29-2011, 02:49 AM
In every game I'll play as a female given the choice, unless there's some guy-exclusive content/advantages to change things up.

AngelWings8
06-29-2011, 03:18 AM
In the past I've played free MMOs, and only played WoW for a month or two. I almost always play a female healer/cleric type. Don't know why...I just always play female because I am one? And a healer maybe because I don't like being in the front lines and had gotten used to being the team's healer.

Shlup
06-29-2011, 09:16 PM
I pretty much always play a female character, though whether or not it's a pretty female character depends on a few things. In Warhammer Online I played a male mostly, because I wanted to play a goblin and there are no female goblins.

I can usually avoid getting hit on in games because I play MMOs with my RL friends (and husband) so I'm always already with a group of people I know IRL.

Miriel
06-29-2011, 09:36 PM
I was introduced to someone in FFXI by another EoFFer and that person ended up doing the whole, guy playing as a girl but really pretending to BE a girl thing, but the really weird part about it was that he got like DEEP into it. I think he got himself a boyfriend. Whenever we would play together, he would be like, "You can't tell anyone, ok? OK?? TELL NO ONE!!"

And later on I saw him posting on a forum (as a girl) about how messed up it is when guys pretend to be girls. O_o

Some serious cognitive dissonance going on there.

I always play as a girl. But I never get hit on. I can't really remember an instance when I was hit on while playing FFXI and I played that game for years. Maybe I just don't give off the whole, "hit on me" vibe. :p

escobert
06-29-2011, 09:40 PM
I have noticed a trend where females IRL tend to exclusively roll females in games.

I met quite a few girls that played a Galka in FFXI (a male only race), simply for the fact that they hated guys hitting on them, lol.

Anyways, I don't care what I pick but I usually just go with a dude.

I gt hit on a lot in GW :( I dunno why guys just assume I'm a girl because my toon is a girl

Pike
06-30-2011, 03:04 AM
I got hit on a few times when I was playing WoW. 90% of the time when it happened I was on my female tauren (as opposed to my female night elf or something.) Yeah I dunno either.

Best story to come out of that? The guy with the fart fetish, who spent about an hour trying to track me down in game so I could /fart on him. The only way I finally got him to go away was by telling him I was actually a guy. Completely false, but hey, it worked.

Rostum
06-30-2011, 03:14 AM
When I was playing WoW there was someone in our guild for quite some time who not only ever played as girls but also told everyone he was a girl in real life for months. He had a whole "fake backstory" about his real name, relationship status, and everything.

We had a guy like that join our linkshell on FFXI, and I believe he was a member on these forums as well. Turned out he was a real a-hole too.

KentaRawr!
06-30-2011, 03:49 AM
In MMOs, the character you play as, to me, is kind of like your "avatar". It represents a bit about you, so I feel obligated to make a guy, unless there are some clear gameplay differences.

In offline games though, I'm totally fine with making a female character. :p It's kinda cool, like I'm playing through the story of an independent woman's adventures throughout the world.

Jiro
06-30-2011, 06:34 AM
...there are more weirdos on the internet than I originally thought.

Del Murder
07-06-2011, 06:57 PM
I knew another FFXI player who had to quit because he found out his 'in-game' girlfriend was really a dude. I'm sure there's tons of stories like that though. Guy was a real arrogant punk too so it made it all the more funny.

Iceglow
07-06-2011, 11:52 PM
I tend to play a mixture of male and female characters. In games such as Guild Wars I'm not huge on the whole RP thing don't know what it is, the 3D graphics, the art style or what I love playing the games for their story but you get some guilds who literally RP themselves as citizens of the world around them and those guys I don't get.

Ironically on the game I worked on in it's previous form and am currently playing/considering working on if I want to (which is found here, curse of backdraft (http://www.curseofbackdraft.com)) where the graphical interface actually has little affect on the storyline of my characters I am very, very big on RP in fact as a story/quest admin/developer I would often enforce the rules of no out of character comments in posts and only allowed the posting of fight logs after there was an attempt at delivering a story to go with (this was a game rule you see) them. Now, I believe my expressive character RP on this game was developed simply because the world literally is a cross between an MMO like WoW and a Sandbox Game like Saints Row where you can do anything, be anyone. Story for the characters you played was important (and in my case, story for the characters I created as NPCs too) Each person needed to fit in to the scheme of things. It's here I do 90% of the RP I've ever done. I've played several characters and yet the characters I am often remembered for are the female ones.

I've played several different characters, one of whom is never remembered until I point out his unique RP and then everyone is like "WOAH you were that dude!" My most infamous or famous character depending on how you look at it was Lasuria-Bladebreak, she was a druiichi (drow/dark elf) who was not only a vicious bitch who was a major racist and sexist she was a raging lesbian. Her RP was basically being a complete and utter cow to everyone. However people loved me for her, if not for the lesbianism, the rage or the comments but because I portrayed her so freakishly accurately. Even girls who played the game said they felt that I got the feel of this female character completely right. My second most well known character was Guinevere, I wasn't feeling too creative that night with the names and she was only meant to be a mess around character an experiment. She went on to become the leader of an army and had to mature from being a naive young lady to a battle hardened charismatic leader type in the game so I had to work hard at portraying someone learning harsh lessons through harder trials. In the new version of TPS (COBD) I recently re-created my dark elf as a vampire, she's keeping her RP, want her to be pretty much exactly what she was back when but with one major change, she now is a vampire who thirsts for blood.

Breine
07-09-2011, 10:51 PM
I don't play MMOs. Is there something wrong with me? :(

Jessweeee♪
07-10-2011, 07:36 AM
I have a male friend who played a male tarutaru and just acted like himself (fairly effeminate) and got into an OL relationship with a guy in FFXI. As far as I know, he never claimed to be female, but the guy just assumed he was, and one day he referred to him as a female, and my friend was like "uhhhm I'm a guy...I thought you knew..." and of course the guy flipped out, but later he was like "okay. okay. I love you anyway." My friend decided to break things up, and the rest of the LS started calling him like crazy to harass him for dumping the guy. Or uh, at least that's how I remember the story. It was years ago, so I may have gotten a few details wrong.

KentaRawr!
07-10-2011, 11:17 PM
I have a male friend who played a male tarutaru and just acted like himself (fairly effeminate) and got into an OL relationship with a guy in FFXI. As far as I know, he never claimed to be female, but the guy just assumed he was, and one day he referred to him as a female, and my friend was like "uhhhm I'm a guy...I thought you knew..." and of course the guy flipped out, but later he was like "okay. okay. I love you anyway." My friend decided to break things up, and the rest of the LS started calling him like crazy to harass him for dumping the guy. Or uh, at least that's how I remember the story. It was years ago, so I may have gotten a few details wrong.

People used to assume that I was a girl online when I was really polite and used ^_^ a lot. :p

Quindiana Jones
07-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Rule #1 for MMORPGs: Playing as a chick gets you a fucktonne of free stuff.

zorander
07-11-2011, 12:44 AM
I usually roll a female character, simply because they're more apathetically pleasing.
In WoW fer instance, I almost always roll female on Tauren, Troll, Forsaken, Human, Night elf and Drainei.
The other races may vary. I'm almost always Male Orc however.
The males just look pretentious, thick or just plain Fugly.

fire_of_avalon
07-11-2011, 01:54 AM

You're like one of my RL friends. Anytime we play together and finds a girl on either team, he'll yell out something to the effect "It's a bitch! Get her!" And then just bag her the rest of the match.
You friend is sick. Did a woman hurt him? I bet a woman hurt him.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-11-2011, 01:59 AM
I read it and assume it was mother issues. That's sounds like mother issues to me.

NorthernChaosGod
07-11-2011, 03:04 AM

You friend is sick. Did a woman hurt him? I bet a woman hurt him.
Not that I'm aware of. He's the nicest and most sociable guy I know, outside of Halo. xD

Pike
07-11-2011, 03:21 AM
Rule #1 for MMORPGs: Playing as a chick gets you a smurftonne of free stuff.

When I was playing (and raiding) in WoW we PuG'd this chick for Naxx or Sarth or something once.

The first thing she did was ask for Vent info so she could hear "sexy man voices" (her words), which then turned into her talking about how looooonely she was because her booooyfriend was gone.

Then she promptly started asking various people in /raid if they could pick up some reagents for her-- these questions were peppered with liberal usage of words like "hon", "sweetie", "babe" etc.

Anyways we all pretty much ignored her and she ended up leaving the raid in a huff at some point. And not a single frack was given. I think she whispered me some snarky message before leaving and I gave it right back to her. It was pretty great.

Quindiana Jones
07-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Nobody likes a scab. If you just go around being self-sufficient, guys give you shit. FACT. :)

xXsarahXx
07-11-2011, 02:34 PM
I always play a female in WoW, have one from each of the Horde races.
I like to play what I am I guess, if im playing games where I can choose the sex, Dragon Age, Mass Effects FemShep for example I will do.
I think for me, it allows me to feel a bit more immersed in the game, I think that the female characters tend to look better too.

That being said, if you wanna play the opposite sex then go for it! Its just down to personal preference. I have a guy in my guild who's mains are a beefy (pardon the pun) Tauren DK tank, his other main is a pretty Belf female Priest. When I asked, he just said its down to aesthetics. In his mind, a Holy/Disc priest is fitting to a delicate feminine frame. The opposite with the DK. Some people left the guild once they found out he isnt a female though having only seen the Priest which kinda sucks as he is a genuinely lovely guy.

Pike
07-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Nobody likes a scab. If you just go around being self-sufficient, guys give you shit. FACT. :)

I'm sure that is the case, I was just looking for a good excuse to share my story. :3

Anyways back to topic, there were certain races in WoW I couldn't play females in. I can't stand female blood elves. I just can't. And female draenei look okay aesthetically, but I can't stand to hear their voice for too long of a period of time.

Female tauren are my favorite race/gender combo in the game by far. Gnomes second, goblins third.

Quindiana Jones
07-11-2011, 04:20 PM
I forgot to add: I approve of countersnarks. :D

xXsarahXx
07-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Female tauren are my favorite race/gender combo in the game by far. Gnomes second, goblins third.

My female Tauren Hunter now loves you :D
There isnt many of us around on my server (Neptulon - EU) but I love them!

Pheesh
07-12-2011, 03:27 PM
In MMO's I always tend to play a male character, with games like Mass Effect and KotOR I usually have a good and bad playthrough and each one will be a different gender, and for some reason my main in most fighting games is a girl... probably for the jiggle physics.

Peegee
07-12-2011, 03:55 PM
When I play moo rpgs (damn you gary getting me to play age of conan) i always pick female characters because I am not looking at a man's ass for 10000 hours.

AOC allows you to run around naked. I approve

Pike
07-12-2011, 04:19 PM

Female tauren hunter is my favorite gender/race/class combo :D

I have one who is my... "second main", so to speak, but she's stuck at level 84 because I quit playing before I could finish leveling her. (Also because I ran out of quests in Uldum which was basically the best thing to come out of Cataclysm.)

Mirage
07-13-2011, 04:04 AM
When I play moo rpgs (damn you gary getting me to play age of conan) i always pick female characters because I am not looking at a man's ass for 10000 hours.

AOC allows you to run around naked. I approve

pics

xXsarahXx
07-13-2011, 11:08 AM

Female tauren hunter is my favorite gender/race/class combo :D

I have one who is my... "second main", so to speak, but she's stuck at level 84 because I quit playing before I could finish leveling her. (Also because I ran out of quests in Uldum which was basically the best thing to come out of Cataclysm.)

I adore Uldum! Ive got 2 85's now and each time I got seriousy bored byh the time I got to 80 of levelling but Uldum renews my love of the game :D <3 Harrison Jones!

I adore my hunter (link to my armory if your interested, not too exciting, but shes female and tauren! LINKY (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/neptulon/Cravendale/simple)
You should definately level her to 85, hunters are a lot of fun in endgame content :D

escobert
07-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Rule #1 for MMORPGs: Playing as a chick gets you a fucktonne of free stuff.

:D yes!

Pike
07-13-2011, 04:09 PM
You should definately level her to 85, hunters are a lot of fun in endgame content :D

Haha, oh believe me, I know. I raided a lot on my hunters (yeah more than one at max level) in BC and WotLK and even had a blog specifically about hunters, which somehow wound up with a lot of readers. But then about 3/4 of the way through WotLK I got really bored and pretty much quit the game cold turkey.

When Cata came out I came back for a few months but then got bored again and quit again.

I miss Burning Crusade honestly :(

Roogle
07-14-2011, 12:01 AM
I only play as male characters in any game as I try to accurately represent myself through my avatar.

In MMO's I typically play chicks.

This is how men can be towards women. I guess what you experienced is a part of that.

Værn
07-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Normally I make my characters male, using the same names I use in other games depending on what class they are. Occasionally when I feel like doing something different from usual, though, my character creation consists of picking a class, followed by a name that lets everyone know what my class is without having to check for themselves, and then the gender that better fits the name.
For example, on DDO I decided to make a cleric based around on Turn Undead and all of the abilities that go with it, rather than going pure healer or battle cleric. The first obvious name I thought of for a turning cleric was Clairica Turner, and so I made the character female and proceeded from there. For some reason all of my cleric/priest-type characters end up female. I don't know why o.o

Mercen-X
07-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Replay. I like to see all the variations to a character and I personally find it difficult to find pictures of them online, so I have to do the customizing myself. So, I play both. It wasn't as necessary to play both genders when playing Fable II since you could CROSSDRESS to your heart's content. In-game the girl obviously looks much better wearing guy's clothes than the guy wearing the chick clothes... *yieckh* (did I pronounce that right?)

Also, as far back as I can remember, I've never used the same name twice unless I've already forgotten that I'd previously used the name.

One of the reasons I don't care to play as a male in-game is because no matter how much I customize him, the avatar never feels like a representation of me anymore than the girl would or a dog or a transforming tree that shoots needles and uses pine cones as bombs. So there's no point isolating my role to that of a male. It's just a game. It's not like I'm falsely representing myself. And even if someone thought that I was, they can bite me. I find it to be a sign the player is mentally defunct if they start to form intimate relationships using a damn game as a dating interface. Yep. I just said that.

Lionx
07-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Generally Male, however i might do Female if it suits my personality in some way.

The only other time i would pick female would be so i can have a good laugh with my friends on Ventrilo.

Me:"Ahh omg a big monster! Save me hero!"
Them: "Stfu and heal me!"

:D

TrollHunter
07-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Female occasionally, typically male. I typically find that the female sprites/avatars have better design but getting asked out every other day can be quite annoying. I'm just too good for all them. :tonberry: