PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Dating

Yar
06-28-2011, 02:53 AM
Thoughts? I don't think it's for me.

I mean there are a few power couples that are obviously right for each other. Then there are some that aren't so compatible, and then there are some where on of the participants isn't even an actual person!

Of course, there are different ways to look at this. One way is people who have met here. Another is where one of the two was dragged here by the other. :jess:

EoFF dating kgo

Raistlin
06-28-2011, 03:01 AM
In the vernacular of the renowned Cuch: if you find someone good for you, it matters not two shits where you found them. You wee bell end.

NorthernChaosGod
06-28-2011, 03:02 AM
So you're done trying to fuck me?

NCG's Left Ear
06-28-2011, 03:09 AM
I... I don't understand, Justy. Are you saying you don't know if we'll work out?

:cry:

Shlup
06-28-2011, 03:25 AM
As much as it pains me, I'm going to have to agree with Raistlin on this one. I've never dated anyone online and I never will, being married and all, but where you meet a person doesn't matter.

Yar
06-28-2011, 04:13 AM
I... I don't understand, Justy. Are you saying you don't know if we'll work out?

:cry:I'll stick it you anytime, any place. ;D

Raistlin
06-28-2011, 04:15 AM
As much as it pains me, I'm going to have to agree with Raistlin on this one.

You agree with me 99% of the time, Shluppikins. :love:

~*~Celes~*~
06-28-2011, 04:19 AM
Tried it, didn't like it...but I agree with Raistlin

fire_of_avalon
06-28-2011, 04:30 AM
I don't really date. Anyone. Ever. So dating another EoFFer would be really odd and out of character. The doesn't necessarily mean I would never. Just means that I'm not expecting any of you to start beating down my door. Or that I'll beat yours down.

But if someone does find another someone that they love (Del Hannah) then that is just badass.

black orb
06-28-2011, 04:35 AM
>>> EoFF Dating?.. Final Fantasy/videogame fans doesnt date..:luca:

Madonna
06-28-2011, 05:26 AM
I date people online all the time because it is easier to hide all the lies.

G13
06-28-2011, 06:07 AM
I'm not against it. I myself have had a few EoFF love interests. I'm with Raistlin as well, it doesn't matter where you find someone. If it works, it works.

Del Murder
06-28-2011, 06:31 AM
I'm with Raistlin
Hope it works out for you kids.

Peegee
06-28-2011, 06:45 AM
most of you are demented and have huge glaring faults while simultaneously are adorable for bizarre reasons that scare me.

in other words, sure, but good god.

Roogle
06-28-2011, 07:47 AM
I can see if these types of things work out or not, basically. It really depends on adaptability and the willingness to change oneself. So, tell me, Justin, are you willing to change the fate of your entire life for a single person?

NorthernChaosGod
06-28-2011, 11:07 AM
most of you are demented and have huge glaring faults while simultaneously are adorable for bizarre reasons that scare me.

So who do you want to date?

Loony BoB
06-28-2011, 12:38 PM
I would never. Never ever ever.

Yar
06-28-2011, 01:38 PM
So, tell me, Justin, are you willing to change the fate of your entire life for a single person?Depends who the person is and how much of the same they are willing to do for me. My current career goals would certainly make it difficult to be in any meaningful relationship. But yes, if I loved the person and they could make the necessary sacrifices as well, I'd do it.

Levian
06-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Closeness is very important to me, I could never stand being in a long distance relationship. Given the fact that I live in Norway, it's obvious I'm not going to find anyone on EoFF. ;) The closest three persons in distance are Mirage, Rantzien and Breine. Two of those aren't even single.

Pheesh
06-28-2011, 03:16 PM
I wouldn't really care if I met someone on here, it's no different to meeting someone at a bar/library/bus station, but I will never do a long distance relationship again. I don't believe they can work, at least not for me, and because of that I doubt I'd ever have anything to do with an online relationship, on a predominately American/European forum like this one anyway.

Peegee
06-28-2011, 03:28 PM

you know, you

Shoeberto
06-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah right, maybe I'd do this whole e-dating thing if I was some socially non-functional nerd but... wait

Yar
06-28-2011, 03:58 PM

you know, you
Hands off :aimmad:

Raistlin
06-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Even if PG has his body you can still have his ear. It just gives new meaning to DP.

Cuchulainn
06-28-2011, 04:05 PM
i wouldn't trust any of you with my penis, maybe welsey.

Rebellious Eagle
06-28-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't really like the thought of dating someone over the internet. I need to physically be with someone for me to feel like I'm in a real relationship.

Peegee
06-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Even if PG has his body you can still have his ear. It just gives new meaning to DP.

don't give him any ideas. False hope is painful.

LD relationships are fine as long as there is a timeline to meet. Off the top of my head I can think of a few online friends and even a work colleague (try having a wife in Pakistan. At least for USA it wouldn't cost me much to bus to Buffalo and take a domestic flight)

Pike
06-28-2011, 05:10 PM
I've seen a lot of long-distance relationships that worked, and lot of long-distance relationships that didn't work. Just like any other sort of relationship really! It depends on the circumstances and individual people. The thing is that I think most of us don't go into it wanting a long-distance relationship, due to all the hassles and whatnot, but if it happens, well... it happens. :P

Hux and I actually first met on a different forum some time before we were members here (if I recall correctly, it was a long time ago). I think we both wound up getting dragged here by mutual friends! Of course, we weren't dating until recently, as I'm sure everyone knows, but we've been close friends for a very long time.

Before that, I was in a long distance relationship with another guy for something like six years. Again, we met on a forum (not this one), and the relationship ended for reasons that are unrelated to the distance-- in fact, we broke up a couple of months after living in the same state for the first time ever, but we'd been drifting apart for a while, I think. After that I pledged not to get involved in anymore long-distance relationships because I wanted that physical closeness, but remember how I mentioned earlier that "if it happens, it happens"? Yup! xD

Jessweeee♪
06-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Like any relationship it just depends on the people involved and their circumstances! I feel confident in the one I'm in now. We've known each other for four years now and my parents are going to rent their house out to us when they move out of state in a few weeks. But I don't know if I'd call it EoFF dating since we never actually talked on EoFF, seeing as Mogi never posts here and all. It was just Yahoo! Messenger for about three years until we moved in together.

EDIT:

But yeah, the long distance thing. We dated for a year and then broke up for reasons most likely brought on by the distance. Then a week before I graduated from high school we decided to examine what went wrong and how to fix it. Webcams made a HUGE difference. We were just doing text over IM and the occasional picture. The webcams made us realize how important it was to actually see each other, and from there we made more of an effort to arrange visits. Getting him involved with my family helped too.

Peegee
06-28-2011, 07:28 PM
I have found that I find the idea of long distance relationships to be frustrating because I'm often accustomed to being able to escalate a relationship. For a LD relationship you have to be very patient because 1) you are far away and 2) even if you are fast tracking meeting up and living together, unless you live in the same country it is not easy.

Anyway my question to Jess is that: do you find that webcamming actually causes problems? I think it exacerbates any issues a party might have with requiring physical contact.

Del Murder
06-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Miriel and I did not start dating until we met. I never had an 'online' girlfriend and never planned to. I think it is important to meet or plan to meet if you wish to take the relationship seriously. After that point, there should be plans to one day live in proximity to one another. Long distance relationships are hard but as long as you have a goal to work towards you can make anything happen.

It also helps to be as awesome as we are.

Side note: I wonder who's boinked the most EoFFers. My guess is BoB since he has had at least 3 girlfriends from here that I know about, but I don't know what happens at all y'alls meetups.

Peegee
06-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Miriel and I did not start dating until we met. I never had an 'online' girlfriend and never planned to. I think it is important to meet or plan to meet if you wish to take the relationship seriously. After that point, there should be plans to one day live in proximity to one another. Long distance relationships are hard but as long as you have a goal to work towards you can make anything happen.

It also helps to be as awesome as we are.

Side note: I wonder who's boinked the most EoFFers. My guess is BoB since he has had at least 3 girlfriends from here that I know about, but I don't know what happens at all y'alls meetups.

But I'm PG and you're not PG. Am I doomed? D:

Del Murder
06-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Are you responding to the first part or the second part?

Jessweeee♪
06-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Anyway my question to Jess is that: do you find that webcamming actually causes problems? I think it exacerbates any issues a party might have with requiring physical contact.

For us it helped, but I suppose I can see why it can be that way for some people. Everyone is different I guess!

Del Murder
06-28-2011, 07:47 PM
I think seeing with no contact is better than not seeing with no contact. Miriel and I webcammed sometimes but not a lot because then I couldn't play FFXI while we talked. :p

Peegee
06-28-2011, 07:51 PM
I was referring only to the last sentence which was in jest (the last sentence appeared to be in jest as well)

Raistlin
06-28-2011, 08:07 PM
I think it is important to meet or plan to meet if you wish to take the relationship seriously. After that point, there should be plans to one day live in proximity to one another.

I thought that went without saying.

Del Murder
06-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Well, I always thought that you and Amanda never worked out because those types of plans weren't in place, so that's why I felt the need to mention it.

Raistlin
06-28-2011, 08:11 PM
We just tried to keep our affair on the down-low. At least for people more than four doors of away.

Miriel
06-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Del Murder and I were lucky since we are both in California and were ever only a few hours away from each other. He had friends in LA from when he went to UCLA, and I had friends up in NorCal who were attending Berkeley when we first met, so it was easy and comfortable dating each other initially because we each had connections to the other's home town. I could go visit him AND drop in on friends. And he did the same. I guess this was important in the beginning since it made everything kind of natural. It made sense to meet up with Del Murder while he was visiting LA. It wasn't a big deal for me to drive up and visit him. Everything fell into place. And the distance only became an issue the more we fell in love, and the more we wanted to be close to each other. We solved that by moving in together.

I think it was one of those 1 in a million luck of the draw, that I randomly signed up to a Final Fantasy forum, found a guy I liked talking to, who happened to live in California, who happened to have gone to college in the city where I lived, who happened to be super hot and a perfect match for me. What are the chances, right?

I'm not sure how well an online only relationship can work. I have zero experience with something like that. And I think it takes major balls to get on a plane to go visit someone far away. I don't know if I have that kind of balls. Plus, I don't like flying. :p

Del Murder
06-28-2011, 08:16 PM
We just tried to keep our affair on the down-low. At least for people more than four doors of away.
Yeah, I guess you wouldn't want to wake up your parents.

Goldenboko
06-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Over half of EoFF is e-preggers from my huge e-peen.

Del Murder
06-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Isn't this place 75% male?

Goldenboko
06-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Isn't this place 75% male?

You should know, have you taken an e-pregnancy test yet?

God it's tough being this big of an e-pimp.

TrollHunter
06-28-2011, 08:58 PM

:cry:

If it doesn't work out... Papa could use a new listening appendage :jokey:

escobert
06-28-2011, 09:12 PM
My last relationship started on Eoff. It sucked and was pretty hard for the couple years we were together. I'm much happier with my girlfriend now who I met irl :p

and since I love you guys all so much I have some news... there may be a little Bert on the way

TrollHunter
06-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Oh my god! Congratulations man!

demondude
06-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Oh christ no.

That's great news. :D

escobert
06-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks guys, I just found out yesterday at work. I was shaking for the rest of the day xD

Peegee
06-28-2011, 09:36 PM
One of the ideas that I keep harping about is that we should start our own commune, but I cannot find a single person to sign in on it (mostly because of the underlying drama that permeates EoFF like eating too many eggs). In EoFF land everybody will be in the same town so travel is very limited and therefore all of you eccentric and bizarre lunatics are within driving distance.

I understand to some this would be more annoying than it is good, but I doubt it.

I used to date a girl who lived 4 hrs away. Weekend visits were completely possible albeit still annoying. Compared to some other scenarios I would trade for 4 hours any day.

As for visiting people on an airplane, I think it's awfully cool. I've visited numerous EoFFers but only ever stayed at Rubahs' (and stu, back in the day the first time) for an extended period of time. It's not for everybody but at the same time I cannot understand why not.

demondude
06-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Keep us updated, Bert!

Del Murder
06-28-2011, 09:38 PM
I would not want to live in a city with all you smelly freaks. No offense.

TrollHunter
06-28-2011, 09:42 PM

Baby you know you love us.

Goldenboko
06-28-2011, 09:47 PM

I thought you loved my fart jokes.

TrollHunter
06-28-2011, 10:10 PM

I thought you loved my fart jokes.

It's okay, he doesn't appreciate true art. We love your fart jokes. (has yet to hear you see you make a fart joke)

NorthernChaosGod
06-28-2011, 10:43 PM
One of the ideas that I keep harping about is that we should start our own commune, but I cannot find a single person to sign in on it (mostly because of the underlying drama that permeates EoFF like eating too many eggs). In EoFF land everybody will be in the same town so travel is very limited and therefore all of you eccentric and bizarre lunatics are within driving distance.

I understand to some this would be more annoying than it is good, but I doubt it.

I used to date a girl who lived 4 hrs away. Weekend visits were completely possible albeit still annoying. Compared to some other scenarios I would trade for 4 hours any day.

As for visiting people on an airplane, I think it's awfully cool. I've visited numerous EoFFers but only ever stayed at Rubahs' (and stu, back in the day the first time) for an extended period of time. It's not for everybody but at the same time I cannot understand why not.
You know I'm down with that. :colbert:

Cuchulainn
06-28-2011, 11:12 PM
My last relationship started on Eoff. It sucked and was pretty hard for the couple years we were together. I'm much happier with my girlfriend now who I met irl :p

and since I love you guys all so much I have some news... there may be a little Bert on the way

:)

Marshall Banana
06-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Almost six years, Necronopticous and me! <3 We've been living together since January 31.

Wouldn't endure another long-distance relationship, though. Nuh-uh.

Shiny
06-29-2011, 12:09 AM
Guy I'm currently dating doesn't even know what Final Fantasy is and currently lives very close although his home town is in Baltimore, Maryland where there's delicious CRABS. Reaction = win! Basically my answer is no. I tried the whole long distance thing and really doesn't work for most people and it's definitely not dating until you actually meet in person.

Del Murder
06-29-2011, 12:13 AM
When I first saw your post I thought it would be a story of how an EoFFer gave you crabs. I was disappointed.

Rocket Edge
06-29-2011, 01:08 AM
Thanks guys, I just found out yesterday at work. I was shaking for the rest of the day xD
Congratulations man.

I've never really thought about it, but the idea of a long distance relationship would just not work for me I'm guessing. But every person for themselves - and who's to know that I could meet the girl of my dreams across the net. As it is now I've been with a girl for the past two years and happy out.

Meow
06-29-2011, 01:39 AM
I have never online dated but my life could use a little more drama

which of y'all internet-girls are internet-eighteen

Cuchulainn
06-29-2011, 01:41 AM
I have never online dated but my life could use a little more drama

which of y'all internet-girls are internet-eighteen

sup

Meow
06-29-2011, 01:55 AM
girl u got a beautiful font

TrollHunter
06-29-2011, 02:18 AM
girl u got a beautiful font

She/he/it's mine! Back off!:pissed:

rubah
06-29-2011, 02:37 AM
and it's definitely not dating until you actually meet in person.

You're welcome to your internet opinion, but it is electronic-wrong.

I think I've said before that I think this distinguishing between internet dating and LDR is mostly a bunch of shit. I guess if there is any difference, you could say that an LDR is just the more established-might-have-meet-up-a-few-times version of the internet date.

very rarely have I ever heard of people dating online with absolutely no intention to meet up and stay in close physical proximity for the long haul. Maybe kids do that, but they're weird anyway. No, strike that, I was a kid internet dating, and I still dreamed for and longed for the day I'd get to meet my internet boyfriend (which never happened, but hey, we're facebook friends now)

the term "internet dating" can probably be relegated to the neologism graveyard, with the advent in comm tech in the last decade. With my first internet boyfriend, postal service was slow and sketchy, digital cameras still rare, long distance (let alone international) phone calls expensive, and texting was a few years off from being a verb.

nowadays, what internet relationship could dispense with any of those? But aren't those the same ways that people who didn't meet online and may have once lived together but for some reason have to be separate for a time use to keep in touch with their families? The only difference is where you meet them (which is yardie's topic, but that is long gone now imo)

anyway, all I really want to say now is if you think you don't internet date, you're right, but not for the reason you think.

Roogle
06-29-2011, 04:05 AM

Do you really want to know the answer to that? I can tell you privately if you'd like.

Madonna
06-29-2011, 04:11 AM
Guy I'm currently dating doesn't even know what Final Fantasy is and currently lives very close although his home town is in Baltimore, Maryland where there's delicious CRABS. Reaction = win! Basically my answer is no. I tried the whole long distance thing and really doesn't work for most people and it's definitely not dating until you actually meet in person.Perhaps the most offensive thing here is that you say Baltimore, Maryland, but your crabs are red. Get out.

Shlup
06-29-2011, 06:54 AM

Do you really want to know the answer to that? I can tell you privately if you'd like.

Be a little more fucking creepy, Roo.

And PM me.

Shiny
06-29-2011, 06:55 AM
Would you prefer if my crabs were orange?

(PM me too Roogle purty please.)

Cuchulainn
06-29-2011, 09:49 AM
THis whole thread has turned into a creepfest.

(btw If you even think about PMing me Roogle I'll piss in your shoes & slap your pets)

Jiro
06-29-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm going to dodge a bullet by asking Shiny to PM me and that way none of you realise I'm a creeper.

haha yeah like that'll work anyway

LDR not my style but at the same time I'm a pretty cold hearted bastard so I could bugger off from my significant other and probably not give two shits.

Loony BoB
06-29-2011, 11:03 AM
It definitely isn't me. I've had 5-6 (depending on whether you count the 'relationship' with Kath which lasted "officially" for about four days before we agreed that being boyfriend/girlfriend was weird and we should stop) girlfriends from EoFF but have only met three of them and have only "boinked" two. I'm very certain that a dozen or so of the members here have equalled or increased on that number.

My guesses are probably about as accurate as Roogle's, but I'll keep them to myself.

Raistlin
06-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Be a little more fucking creepy, Roo.

And PM me.

Psychotic
06-29-2011, 05:26 PM
EoFF Dating, you say? This sounds like a thread for prime EoFF stud Psychotic! HELLOOOOOOOO LAAAAAAAAAAAAAADIES :jokey:

God I'm so lonely. :crying2:

Christmas
03-11-2022, 04:59 AM
I dated my second account once but it did not work out. Maybe I will try dating some dead accounts for a try. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
03-11-2022, 04:15 PM
There's not a single person on this site - past, present, or future - that I wouldn't date.

Christmas
08-21-2022, 01:56 AM
The staff here is so scandalous. If only I was a staff. I could date the hottest guys here and raise my online self esteem. :(

Christmas
08-21-2022, 02:44 AM
And is Roogle's PM still avaliable?

Quindiana Jones
08-21-2022, 05:16 AM
Wait yeah, Roogle, PM me wtf