PDA

View Full Version : Just a little introduction :)

cat121212
06-28-2011, 10:59 AM
heya everyone, just thought since i recently joined this fourm i might aswell give an introduction :D

I'm 15 years old, i'm from Melbourne, Australia
I'm usually quite shy around new people :roll2
Anyways, FF games i'm playing at the moment and FF games i've finished playing (this is a FF fourm, right?:p)
FF4, FF8, FF9, FFdissidia 012,FF7, FFXIII was my first game of the series that i tried out, and its my favorite game right now :)
I also enjoy reading shojo manga and korean comics!
i'm glad to have joined this fourm and i hope to have some interesting convos about FF and real life :D

NeoCracker
06-28-2011, 12:19 PM
First off I was tempted to go all creepy internet person and start typing creepy actions which invovled you being a cat.

Then I saw you were fifteen and pondered momentarily whether or not it would be appropriate, and whether or not that would matter to me. As I began to drift towards 'it doesn't matter' I was overcome with the urge to explain to you, in detail, why you are verifiable wrong about FF XIII being the best in the series. But then I realzied my food is about to finish, so I'll some it up with IX is better.

ANd say welcome to the forum. :jess:

demondude
06-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Welcomes to the forums. I love FFXIII as well so you can join my club. :colbert:

Rantz
06-28-2011, 12:47 PM
It is indeed an FF forum, and just for the record FF9 is the best game :D Welcome, feel free to ask anyone who seems friendly if you're wondering about something!

cat121212
06-28-2011, 01:01 PM
thanks for the replies so far, everyone:)
i do know that not many people enjoyed FFXIII compared to the older ones (FFVII, FFIX etc) but i still very much enjoyed playing it, i guess its because everything in the game looks very 'real' to me (the graphics as well as the character models are fantastic in the game) i feel as if i can better connect with the characters and their world , i know the plot-line wasn't the best in the series but this was the game that first got my attention to the FF games

NeoCracker
06-28-2011, 01:27 PM
I did actually like XIII to an extent. IT had some pretty good character development, and Sahz was just awesome in just about every way. And a couple areas were really pretty. :P

I just wish I hadn't payed full price for it the day it came out...

Mo-Nercy
06-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi Melbournite!

I'm from Sydney. And there's quite a few other Aussies and adopted Aussies on here as well! It might even be getting to meet-up numbers... and I've always wanted to go to Melbourne *

*ever since I heard about Lord of the Fries. Best idea for a food kiosk ever.

TrollHunter
06-28-2011, 06:52 PM
"It's okay, your heros here!" -cringe-
That's really the only part of the game that bugged me.... snow in the beginning and hope in the beginning. then hope tried to kill snow and I was like :omg: GO HOPE YOU CAN DO IT :excited:
Never got far in XIII due to data corruption problems but I may restart it eventually.
Welcome to the forums, hope you stick around for a while

cat121212
06-29-2011, 03:26 AM
Yeaah, Snow wasn't the best character :eep: He always shouted 'SERAAAH' at the most inappropriate moments...:-/
I just wanted to know, what do you guys think about the upcoming release of FFXIII-2? Are you excited or sceptical? I'm excited and happy about some of the changes made thus far shown from the demo...opinions, anyone?

TrollHunter
06-29-2011, 03:28 AM
I know nothing about it so I'm skeptical. Thus is how the cookie crumbles when you're uninformed and uncaring like me. I know serah now wields a bow/sword/moogle thing but that's about it.

cat121212
06-29-2011, 03:59 AM
Here's a link to some tibits of infomation on FFXIII-2 Toriyama and Kitase Discuss Final Fantasy XIII-2 (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/14/ffxiii_2_interview/)
If you don't feel like clicking on the link:p Here's a small overview

Your party members will move around town and get into conversations
When it rains, people in town will gather under covered areas.
The weather will have some effect on battle.
There will be search/exploration element involving Moogles.
The save system will in general be auto save

TrollHunter
06-29-2011, 04:20 AM
Interesting... hope it's good because I'm not forking over 60 dollars outright unless it's groundbreaking.

Jentleness
06-29-2011, 04:38 AM
It is indeed an FF forum, and just for the record FF9 is the best game :D Welcome, feel free to ask anyone who seems friendly if you're wondering about something!As smart as you are Rantzien, I must point out that you are mistaken. FF7 is the best game! Also, welcome to the forum Cat121212! :hello:

Jiro
06-29-2011, 01:21 PM
All the Australian meet ups are meant to happen on the Gold Coast because omg theme parks. However I really need to go to Melbourne and spend all my money on sweet new threads. Woo!

Oh and welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here. Don't take crap from anybody :)

NeoCracker
06-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeaah, Snow wasn't the best character :eep: He always shouted 'SERAAAH' at the most inappropriate moments...:-/
I just wanted to know, what do you guys think about the upcoming release of FFXIII-2? Are you excited or sceptical? I'm excited and happy about some of the changes made thus far shown from the demo...opinions, anyone?

I have no interest at all in lightning, least interesting character next to the Fang, and while I enjoyed the battle system, your battles were all fought before the actual fight took place (It was all done in the setup, rather then the actual fight) and will thusly offer no real changes in the gameplay, and they have already shown their ineptitude at writing a plot after the entirety of XIII's plot was shoved into the end and was narrated by a creepy old guy.

And I actually liked Snow. :cry:

But yeah, no interest what so ever.

It is indeed an FF forum, and just for the record FF9 is the best game :D Welcome, feel free to ask anyone who seems friendly if you're wondering about something!As smart as you are Rantzien, I must point out that you are mistaken. FF7 is the best game! Also, welcome to the forum Cat121212! :hello:

I could explain to you, in great detail, why you are verifably wrong. However I will instead pat you on the head and feel sorry for you.

Jentleness
06-29-2011, 04:36 PM

I could explain to you, in great detail, why you are verifably wrong. However I will instead pat you on the head and feel sorry for you.

Lolz, it's not that I can't understand your point of view, FF9 is an awesome game and is my second favorite, only losing out by a very small margin. That margin being that FF7 was my first love, and a first love for every girl is always the most special :hello:

Loony BoB
06-29-2011, 05:11 PM
You'll have to excuse NeoCracker's many posts in this thread - he's rather obsessed with catgirls, you see...

I really liked FFXIII, it's got my favourite set of characters in the series (the only ones who I feel come close as a group are the characters from FFVII) and I agree that with the high quality of graphics that you could really see the emotion and general feeling on the faces of the characters which certainly allowed for more empathy. While I didn't like Snow's constant dumbass approach to things, he did have some of the best one-liners in the game. My favourite being "One big, fat stroke of luck after another. I'm so happy I could cry."

This thread is just filling me with nostalgia, now. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiii/130255-favorite-memorable-quotes.html)

Anyway. Moving on. Welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy yourself. :D

NeoCracker
06-29-2011, 05:27 PM
You'll have to excuse NeoCracker's many posts in this thread - he's rather obsessed with catgirls, you see...

True, but in my defense half of my respsonses were fueled more by my natural instinct to explain why people are wrong. :p

Jiro
06-30-2011, 03:25 AM
This thread is like a drug to you then, you just have to keep coming back xD

cat121212
06-30-2011, 08:08 AM
''I really liked FFXIII, it's got my favourite set of characters in the series (the only ones who I feel come close as a group are the characters from FFVII) and I agree that with the high quality of graphics that you could really see the emotion and general feeling on the faces of the characters which certainly allowed for more empathy. While I didn't like Snow's constant dumbass approach to things, he did have some of the best one-liners in the game. My favourite being "One big, fat stroke of luck after another. I'm so happy I could cry."

My thoughts exactly! :D

NeoCracker
07-01-2011, 04:49 PM
This thread is like a drug to you then, you just have to keep coming back xD

The best part is I do it in real life too. :p

Carl the Llama
07-04-2011, 02:26 AM

Truer words have never been spoken, FFVII > All other FF games.

Interesting... hope it's good because I'm not forking over 60 dollars outright unless it's groundbreaking.

Cmon, you KNOW your going to buy it, its a final fantasy game, the will to resist buying simply isn't strong enough.

That aside, Welcome to the forums cat, hope you enjoy your stay here, I also am a big fan of FFXIII its an excellent game and Sahz is just simply awesomesauce.