PDA

View Full Version : Hi All!

AngelWings8
06-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Hi everyone! Just registered here (was trying to decide between this place and TheLifestream). Look forward to getting to know you all!

Here's a random question while I'm introducing myself...I'm making my boyfriend play his very first Final Fantasy game. I started him on FF7 since we went to the FF concert this past weekend. He's almost done with it (he accomplished getting a gold chocobo!) and I'm wondering...should I go right into watching FF: Advent Children Complete with him, or wait a little bit before making him watch the movie. I know most of us were probably waiting for the movie for years so it gave the game and story some time to settle in. Is it better to watch the movie right away or to wait some time?

Thanks in advance! :love:

TrollHunter
06-28-2011, 09:38 PM
I found your signature.... interesting. Also before I make a decision, does your boyfriend enjoy ff7? If not forcing him to play seems a tad harsh. :erm:
Welcome to the forums!

AngelWings8
06-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Haha, the signature image and quotes change as I watch more episodes of anime.

My boyfriend had never played FF before and at the beginning seemed more or less indifferent...maybe leaning towards "this is boring and easy"...but after he got through disc 1 I think he started getting more interested in the story and materia and gameplay. Now he wants to beat Ruby and Emerald before finishing the game (he's the kind of person who doesn't like to re-play games over and over again....opposite from me....cause I like playing on my own the first time and then using a walkthrough to get everything and everyone to level 99 the second time around..... O.o)

demondude
06-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Stick around! You'll get used to us eventually. :erm:

TrollHunter
06-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Question though, is that 2293 episodes or 293 episodes? What does the 2 mean!

AngelWings8
06-28-2011, 10:42 PM
It's 2,293 episodes (I didn't make it...I'm using another person's sig maker from an anime tracking site/forum that I use...so it's not perfect! =P)

TrollHunter
06-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Have to say though, the quote is interesting to say the least.
I've never been an anime fan (I only watch a very selective few anime and even then I haven't watched those in over a year) but hey different strokes for different folks.

Carl the Llama
06-29-2011, 12:18 AM
It's 2,293 episodes (I didn't make it...I'm using another person's sig maker from an anime tracking site/forum that I use...so it's not perfect! =P)

Hey there, Welcome to the forums xD first things first, whats your favourite anime? Have you every watched Shakugan no Shana? if you did, what did you think of it (its my favourite) can you recommend me some action anime like SnS, Claymore and Fate/Stay Night? i.e where they use weapons etc. Oh and where do you go to watch your anime?

Whats your favourite Final Fantasy? whats your favourite non FF RPG?

To answer your question. Yes I would definitely get him to watch it after he completes the game, why? because all the backstory is in his head and as an added bonus, its a fucking awesome movie!

now I have my /inquisitor mode off I can say I am glad you chose us over the Lifestream!

AngelWings8
06-29-2011, 12:35 AM
No I haven't seen Shakugan no Shana, but it looks interesting. I've seen Claymore and still need to watch Fate/Stay Night...so based off if you liked Claymore I might go with "Ga-Rei: Zeo", "Darker Than Black", or "Soul Eater" maybe? I'm currently watching Berserk...it's older but seems to have tons of fans. Some decent streaming sites if you don't download might be anilinkz, crunchyroll, sometimes even Hulu.

My favorites would probably be Cowboy Bebop, Nana, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note, Code Geass, Soul Eater, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Haha well, I thought the Lifestream layout was super pretty...but Eyes on FF I think had more members/posts and was more about all FF and not just focused mainly on FF7. My favorites are probably FF7 and FF8 though...still need to play some of the new ones and all of the old ones...haha. Favorite non-FF RPG would probably be Secret of Mana.

Haha_YouAint
06-29-2011, 12:37 AM
having Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete - $22

having an interesting siggy that everyone has to comment on - $5.30

forcing FFVII on boyfriend - priceless.

Hello, and welcome to the forum. :)

TrollHunter
06-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Have you seen FLCL? It's one of my favorites~

AngelWings8
06-29-2011, 12:45 AM
LOL! I think I'm going to have to watch a couple more episodes of anime so that the quote in my signature changes...

I've seen FLCL but it was soooooo long ago I can't remember any of it. It's on my list to re-watch.

And after we watch FFVII AC Complete...he's starting FF8 =P I don't know if he'll like it as much though...I was a sucker for the love storyline. But if he doesn't like FF7 and FF8...I don't know what I'd do. I might have to disown him O.o;;

TrollHunter
06-29-2011, 12:55 AM
Skip 8 and go to 9... or make him play 6. :D
Personally I'm not too much of a fan of 8, I feel that 9 and 6 are so much better.

AngelWings8
06-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Haha it's funny because I wasn't a fan of 9, but a HUGE fan of 8. I still need to play 6 myself.

Madonna
06-29-2011, 03:59 AM
Welcome to the fora. Koe de Oshigoto! is a hilarious manga. If your boyfriend has the same interests as you, you may as well break Advent Children to him; it is tolerable, especially when compared to Spirits Within. I hope you stick around and enjoy the atmosphere.

Carl the Llama
06-29-2011, 12:13 PM
No I haven't seen Shakugan no Shana, but it looks interesting. I've seen Claymore and still need to watch Fate/Stay Night...so based off if you liked Claymore I might go with "Ga-Rei: Zeo", "Darker Than Black", or "Soul Eater" maybe? I'm currently watching Berserk...it's older but seems to have tons of fans. Some decent streaming sites if you don't download might be anilinkz, crunchyroll, sometimes even Hulu.

My favorites would probably be Cowboy Bebop, Nana, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note, Code Geass, Soul Eater, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Haha well, I thought the Lifestream layout was super pretty...but Eyes on FF I think had more members/posts and was more about all FF and not just focused mainly on FF7. My favorites are probably FF7 and FF8 though...still need to play some of the new ones and all of the old ones...haha. Favorite non-FF RPG would probably be Secret of Mana.

I loved TTGL, and you really should watch SnS it really is an awesome anime, and with regards to those sites you suggested, I was asking because I know of a streaming site that has absolutely NO adverts on it, all you gotta do is sign up to watch the anime and they have a huge amount of J-Drama aswell, all on oatku-streamers.com

I just watched an AMV of Ga-Rei: Zero, it looks awesome I think I may have found my next anime to watch, thanks for the suggestion xD

Also if you haven't played it, I would highly recommend playing the Breath of Fire series, its awesome.

Jiro
06-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah I have to say, your sig is pretty amazing. I hope you enjoy yourself! :D

Loony BoB
06-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Being at work, I use the simple signature-less style so I can't comment on that, but as a person you seem pretty cool so it's good to have you here. :) Yes, I would watch Advent Children while he still has the game's storyline in his head. I found it an okay movie, but I much preferred the fan-made subtitles that went around the internet shortly afterwards... hilarious. :D

You've played a few FF's and you seem talkative enough so you should fit right in around here. =]

AngelWings8
06-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone! :D