PDA

View Full Version : Welcome... to Summoners Rift!

Rase
06-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Simple thread: do you play/enjoy/have any interest in League of Legends (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/)? If so, discuss and such. I'll do the lame thing and throw something in here after sleep.

Old Manus
06-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Fun fact: This game got popular almost entirely from viral marketing on /v/. In fact, that's all /v/ is these days.

kamani
07-28-2011, 11:33 AM
I wanna know about the most popular game... I think that on this one forum I will surely got this one answer.,..

AngelWings8
08-26-2011, 10:07 PM
I was looking for a League of Legends thread...I guess this is the newest one when I searched. I used to play DotA for years in college. I played LoL for a bit last year, took a break for a year, and just now picked it up again. Some of my friends have spent money on characters and skins...but I don't think I'll be doing that...especially with DotA 2 coming out soon.

Skyblade
08-29-2011, 02:01 PM
It used to be a good game. But, once you level up, everything changes. The higher you get, the worse the player base becomes. Even sticking entirely to the co-op against the AI (which is way too restrictive, they need to code some different bots), you'll find that past the first five levels, people are jerks. To be polite.

If I wanted to continuously wipe my account so I could stay a newbie, the game might be interesting. But I don't, and I have no desire to hang around the higher level playerbase, who remind me of every bad internet stereotype I've ever heard of.

Martyr
08-29-2011, 04:01 PM
I played it for about a week.
It was fun. I was getting better at it.
But eventually, I wanted to play with certain characters, and I wanted to see the different animations and designs for them, and I basically just wanted to spend the money on the game, since I just absolutely loathe any type of restriction placed upon me.
So, rather than pay, I uninstalled the game and never looked back. Besides, it was pretty redundant, really.

Roogle
08-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Yes, I am currently playing League of Legends to get to know someone a little better. I try to only play Twisted Fate. I play the game with mostly local friends, but please feel free to add me if you like. You can find me on League of Legends as Orogo.