PDA

View Full Version : Brave Blade or Chicken Knife?

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2011, 02:06 AM
So when you got asked by the old man, when he took you out back into the dark forest of the city lost between dimensions, to show you something pointy and ask if you wanted to take a "whack with it"; Which did you choose, the Brave Blade or the Chicken Knife?

I always go for the Brave Blade cause I never run away so I get a beastly weapon to use with my heavy hitters.

VeloZer0
06-30-2011, 03:18 AM
I always go with the chicken knife even though I never run away enough to make it powerful. There is just part of me that can't bring myself take a weapon that can only get weaker over one that can only get stronger.

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2011, 04:17 AM
Man... you have issues... So you'll refuse a powerful weapon cause you know it has an opportunity to get weaker, but instead take a weaker weapon you refuse to power up cause it goes against your idea of running away? :kaodizzy:

Slothy
06-30-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm like you Wolf, I'll take the Brave Blade every time since I almost never run away. I may do it a handful of times in a game since I really hate sitting down just to grind out levels and AP later on in games, but regardless of any slight drop in power, it's always going to be stronger for me than the Chicken Knife.

espritduo
07-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Technically speaking, the Chicken Knife at max power is more powerful than the Brave Blade at max power, because the knife also takes a character's Speed stat into consideration when doing damage. Of course, you have to run away hundreds of times to reach this max power, and the knife still has the annoying added effect of forcing your party to flee sometimes. As such, I always go with the Brave Blade, because I'm a macho man who likes big swords, and the auto-flee effect really is that annoying.

Hot Shot
08-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Brave blade all the way. I'm currently playing V with my GF (Her first FF game :D) and I've run no more than 5 times so far. Plus I need a big blade to over-compensate for... other things :roll2

Martyr
08-04-2011, 05:55 AM
Brave Blade all the way.
Because a Chicken Knife? Seriously? Where is your self respect man? Somebody offers you a Brave Blade or a Chicken Knife and you take the Chicken Knife?
I don't care if I've run from every battle in the game, I'll take the Brave Blade and throw it away in the next room before I let that old man know that I would be better off with a wussy Chicken Knife.

And both weapons are kinda average for me because I get bored of fighting and run, but not frequently enough that the Brave Blade was useless.

Mirage
08-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Brave blade, man.

theundeadhero
08-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Brave Blade, because running isn't something adventurers and world-savers make a habit of.

Remon
08-04-2011, 11:56 PM
Chicken blade.
At least on my first playthrough :p.
I flee a lot because I freaking hate random encounters.

Heath
08-05-2011, 10:34 AM
I usually take the Brave Blade, simply because I don't flee enough/can't be bothered fleeing enough to power up the Chicken Knife.

Evastio
08-05-2011, 08:54 PM
I usually alternate between the two for each playthrough.

nik0tine
08-12-2011, 06:23 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/nik0tine/niksigcopy.gif

ReloadPsi
10-22-2011, 01:50 AM
I, too, never run from battles in any RPG unless some game mechanic encourages it for some beneficial effect (kinda rare, that) so I'd go with the Brave Blade. However, I've only ever played through the game once so I've never met the dude who gives the item out as something horrible always happens to my saved game when I get part way through the second world map, usually a computer reformat or needing more space on a memory card or something.

Greatermaximus
10-23-2011, 02:48 PM
I choose both. But I'd prefer to be brave. Not like you need it when you get the 12 fabled weapons.

Sefie1999AD
10-26-2011, 10:23 PM
IIRC, I chose Chicken Knife on my first playthrough, and Brave Blade when playing the game again. I didn't run away from many battles, so the knife was quite weak for me, not to mention it had an annoying effect of making my characters automatically run away from battles. I think Brave Blade was a pretty strong weapon for me, though.

Tigmafuzz
01-04-2012, 02:12 AM
I usually go with a brave chicken.

Gamblet
01-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Wait, what? I played through this game already and I did not encounter any Chicken Knives or Brave Blades.. Must be hidden somewhere... Must find..

Hollycat
01-04-2012, 10:08 PM
after the worlds are reunited, go to the first city you visited in the second world, go over to the shed in the woods and walk south.