PDA

View Full Version : It smelled like onions.

Rebellious Eagle
06-30-2011, 11:48 PM
So I just came home from vacation, opened my carton of skim milk, poured it in a glass, and...
Oh my God. It tasted like shit. Seriously. The sell-by date on the carton was June 28 so I have no idea why it was so disgustingly spoiled.
Did you have any encounters with expired food? Or food poisoning? I also had the stomach flu for a whole week after eating at White Castle. Hmm...

Caboose
06-30-2011, 11:53 PM
I once found cheese in my fridge that was completely engulfed in fungus. I scraped it off and tried to use it for fondue. It was the most disgusting thing I ever tasted. The dog liked it though.

Shlup
06-30-2011, 11:55 PM
I have learned that you must always sniff the milk, no matter what the expiration date says. And now you have learned the same lesson. It's a hard lesson to learn, and I'm sorry I could not spare you from it.

Rebellious Eagle
06-30-2011, 11:57 PM
My mom told me to drink the other opened carton of milk. One whiff and I almost passed out. Better learn now than never, I suppose.

Psychotic
06-30-2011, 11:57 PM
Oh my God. It tasted like shit. Well, that is where milk comes from...

Rebellious Eagle
06-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Stupid censoring of shit. Shit shit shit shitload shit.

demondude
06-30-2011, 11:59 PM
This isn't technically expired food but I'm taking this opportunity to share it because it's so damn retarded.

So, pretty late in the day I go downstairs to get something quick to eat. A quick scout of the kitchen and I spotted something on the side. It was a packet of butter (lurpak) and on top of it was a little brown thing in a packet. In my tired and hungry state I thought "oh hey that looks like a nice chocolate biscuit" completely ignorant of the fact that it was on a box of butter.

This was the thing, they come free with the butter for some reason: http://www.firecrackeruk.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/lurpak5.jpg

So yeah it was a seed pellet. I put the whole thing in my mouth and nearly vomited because it was smurfing gross.

Shorty
07-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Thank you so much for reminding me to empty my fridge before going on vacation.

NorthernChaosGod
07-01-2011, 12:31 AM
I once ate ribs that stayed in the fridge for quite some time after being made. I spent the next hour or so after on the toilet.

rubah
07-01-2011, 05:49 AM
and that's why I like almond milk.

(i have had so much food mold in my fridge when I was living by myself. Like even the butter spread...)

Pike
07-01-2011, 05:59 AM
(i have had so much food mold in my fridge when I was living by myself. Like even the butter spread...)

Oh man, same here. Going from a household of eight people to a household of one person was NOT easy for me to adjust to; pretty much everything I bought went bad because I couldn't eat it quick enough.

Anyways, one time I bought some string cheese when I was on break at work and as I was eating it I noticed it was particularly slimy and bitter, and it wasn't until I was about halfway done that I realized it was moldy

I didn't eat string cheese again for about four years after that

Mirage
07-02-2011, 03:26 AM
Maybe sometime between the production and your drinking it, the milk had not been properly refridgerated. Accidents happen, I guess. I've never had it happen with the milk I buy. but I did once buy some minced chicken meat that smelt like rotten eggs when I opened it.

Clo
07-02-2011, 05:04 AM
Oh my God. It tasted like tit.

Okay, two things.

A.) Why have you all been saying tit for everything lately?
and
B.) Tit happens to taste awesome.

Am I an old fogie and missing out on some trend?

Rebellious Eagle
07-02-2011, 05:12 AM
S-hit is censored as shit =/

NorthernChaosGod
07-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Oh my God. It tasted like tit.

Okay, two things.

A.) Why have you all been saying tit for everything lately?
and
B.) Tit happens to taste awesome.

Am I an old fogie and missing out on some trend?

Nope, just tits are awesome.

I Took the Red Pill
07-02-2011, 11:00 AM
I once found cheese in my fridge that was completely engulfed in fungus. I scraped it off and tried to use it for fondue. It was the most disgusting thing I ever tasted. The dog liked it though.the fuck? WHY