PDA

View Full Version : This game is so lovely!

Laddy
07-01-2011, 09:01 AM
'Nuff said.

Lionhearts forever!

G13
07-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Returrrrrrrnerrrrrrrs!

Come out and play-e-ayyyyyyyy!

demondude
07-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Farewell cruel world.

AngelWings8
07-15-2011, 05:13 AM
My boyfriend has now graduated from FF7 and is now playing FF8. He seems to like the junction system better than the materia because he likes being able to customize every stat. And he likes the graphics better of course. :) Yayyyyy!

cody
07-17-2011, 03:07 AM
I love this game! I just started replaying it yesterday. It's beautiful indeed. I actually think it was the first FF game I ever beat, way back when I was a wee little one.

A lot of the locales are gorgeous, for sure. Is anyone else in love with Winhill? The landscape throughout the town reminds me so much of the place where I grew up that it fills me with such quaint nostalgia. :D

Chris
07-17-2011, 09:53 PM
July, wow, how strange. It's been exactly five years since I last played Final Fantasy VIII. It is definitely a great game, and I's been thinking 'bout pickin' it up once more. I don't remember a lot of the story and I think it's time to get reacquainted with the game.

MJN SEIFER
07-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Final Fantasy VIII is my second favorite FF, after Final Fantasy VII (I find the games to be similar enough and different enough at the same time) . I absolutly love the storyline, especially the romantic aspect to it. Also, I enjoy FE's take on the game as well.

champagne supernova
07-18-2011, 06:40 PM
I thought the locales were amazing. Loved wandering around the world. And the card game was awesome. And the Side Quests and the little secrets - like the hot dog lady's son. Fun times.

Hot Shot
08-04-2011, 09:19 PM
VII was good, but for me, it wasn't special. The world felt very cold and uninviting (altough it did add to the atmosphere a lot) and I much prefer a world like Zanarkand or FF IX's Gaia. Although if I get my hands on a copy of it I'll definately play it again. When I actually play my opinion is completely different though (definately in my top 5) but when I'm not playing it I just think it's average (like now)

benchfordeath
08-07-2011, 04:46 AM
Playing right now, IMO FFVIII has the most beautifully developed plot, characters, and relationships. The way they highlighted Squall's changing nature throughout is just incredible. About to go to Shumi Village for some sidequests! :D

Korben Raine
08-07-2011, 07:38 PM
yeah gotta agree FFVIII for me is the best game in the entire series, great story, characters and design. For me as well much preferred the junction system over materia system (although still love FFVII as well). i always end up replaying VIII once a year =)

Mirage
08-08-2011, 10:16 AM
FF8 has a cool stat progression system, a very well-made world, lots of awesome locations, and a somewhat all right story.

Oh yeah, the music is pretty sweet too, but I find it hard for me to say that they have "good characters", when the only characters that really got any sort of character development were squall and rinoa.

Greeneyes
08-22-2011, 05:08 AM
FFVIII is the one that got me started on the FF series. I loved the story & the characters & the soundtrack. It's the game that made me buy a Playstation.

Say, any of you know if it can be played on a PC with Windows 7 64 bit? That'd be so cool. I don't mind if the graphics are outdated by today's standards. It's still a great game :)

Slayer1514
08-24-2011, 07:31 AM
FFVIII is the one that got me started on the FF series. I loved the story & the characters & the soundtrack. It's the game that made me buy a Playstation.

Say, any of you know if it can be played on a PC with Windows 7 64 bit? That'd be so cool. I don't mind if the graphics are outdated by today's standards. It's still a great game :)

8 got me into the FF series also and will always be my favorite. You should be able to play it on windows 7. Just get the pc version of the game or run the psx version in an emulator on the pc.

Jessweeee♪
08-24-2011, 03:54 PM

Try this:

Final Fantasy and Windows (Vista & 7) are friends again! - IGN Boards (http://boards.ign.com/final_fantasy/b5026/149736548/p1/)

Worked on Vista for me P:

The Captain
08-24-2011, 05:56 PM
8 will always have a special place in my heart as it was the first FF I ever beat and the ending of the game, to me, still ranks with among the best ever.

I deeply enjoyed the characters and the risks that Square took with the game, changing up quite a bit after having such a smashing success in 7. The music, the mystery, the locales, all of it adds up to a very enjoyable game, even all these years later.

Take care all.

Christmas
08-26-2011, 05:46 PM
FF VIII FOREVER!!!

RINOA FOREVER!!!

PUPU FOR ETERNITY!!!

RAWR!!!!

Greeneyes
09-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Slayer & Jessweeee, thanks so much!:)

Try this:

Final Fantasy and Windows (Vista & 7) are friends again! - IGN Boards (http://boards.ign.com/final_fantasy/b5026/149736548/p1/)

Worked on Vista for me P:

Woo Hoo! I 'll give it a go! Thanks for the link. It's going to take me a while to read through 18 pages of Do's & Don'ts though :) But I want this game bad on my Win 7 64 bit so I'm going to try.

Kyros
09-02-2011, 11:26 AM
FF VIII FOREVER!!!

RINOA FOREVER!!!

PUPU FOR ETERNITY!!!

RAWR!!!!

qft, this game is one of the best ever and shouldnt have so many haters. also, zells super crazy op

Jiro
09-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I don't give it the credit it deserves really, it truly did leave an impression on me. While certain aspects of it feel a bit dodgy, it presented a world I very much enjoyed with characters who weren't all that unbelievable. It took a lot of chances and I think it should be commended for that.

Megami
11-07-2011, 02:08 AM
I still remember to buy it in the time it came out here.
Final Fantasy was a mark of my childhood :)

dambaz
11-29-2011, 03:25 PM
final fantasy 8 was a very merorible game defo one of my best FF:)

Meltdown
11-29-2011, 06:35 PM
^ too true! This was my first FF encounter and it pretty much defined my entire childhood, it was probably the first game I ever played that affected me emotionally too. I think most people who hated the game generally expected/wanted an FFVII clone (I never saw the appeal of VII after I finished VIII). Oh yeah, and the summon sequences was just totes awe inspiring!

Rostum
11-30-2011, 08:59 AM
I think the whole 'wanted an FFVII clone' is far from the truth. That's definitely not the reason people hate it. It's because after the brilliant first disc, the game really goes down hill in gameplay, story and character development. The love story between Rinoa and Squall is just so contrived and forced that it's kind of embarrassing. I won't even get in to the whole orphanage ordeal, it was just plain dumb and uneeded.

In saying that, I still enjoyed playing through the game back when it was released and I have a spot in my heart for the first disc of the game.